[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

6 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Good news: Season 2 has past the censorship and got its permit! So it’s likely that it’ll come very soon.

Bad news: Season 2 has deleted another 4 episodes. The detail shows that it just has 30 episodes now. So the entire show has been cut to 62 (from originally 72) episodes.

I wish that we could get a directors cut of all the stuff that has been removed for the international or special release. But I'm just glad that we are getting the rest of the story cut or not.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Good news: Season 2 has past the censorship and got its permit! So it’s likely that it’ll come very soon.

Bad news: Season 2 has deleted another 4 episodes. The detail shows that it just has 30 episodes now. So the entire show has been cut to 62 (from originally 72) episodes.

thanks for the update! I can't wait! Disappointed they had to cut another 4 episodes though. Agree with Strange Stranger, wish we could get directors cut or some deleted scenes. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Oh no!! That's too bad. I just hope the show will not suffer from all the cutting. Let's just pray for a director's cut just like @Strange Stranger said!! :)

Thank you @paopaolong for always updating. 

:7555_attack:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I just pressed play on episode 26, though I think I’ve had enough binging for today. 

How long in Warehouse 11? Not much fun. It’s too corporate.  

All the way to the end of the season.  I enjoyed it; seeing Wu Xie act like a mastermind instead of manipulate people from behind in Sand Sea is nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Season 2 will probably began to show next week. And today, iqiyi posted a Weibo saying Reuinion 2 will come soon on iqiyi exclusively! 

At least, if not next week, Huang Junjie confirmed that Season 2 is coming in September, so just in a week or two we’ll have some official news I guess.

Meanwhile, ZYL’s another show To Dear Myself is showing on TV everyday now. And when you have two dramas showing at the same time, it’s likely to reach to a larger audience. So it’s a good news for Reunion.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 1:12 AM, Strange Stranger said:

All the way to the end of the season.  I enjoyed it; seeing Wu Xie act like a mastermind instead of manipulate people from behind in Sand Sea is nice.

I also liked the warehouse part; I mean sure there were some draggy aspects and the cuts by censorship did not help coherence of the story. But I liked seeing Wu Xie using his brain to outsmart people, being petty and solve the mystery of the warehouse. I also liked the fact that regardless of his capability to be manipulative/ruthless, he still cares about people and their safety whether he trusts them or not.

One of my favorite line by Wu Xie to Xiao Bai is “It’s your business to lie to me or not, and it’s my business to trust you or not.” Or when he says  “the deepest place I have fallen is my uncles Sanxing’s trap for me and his lies.’

Wu Xie is such a complex character and its interesting watching him interact with his friends and new people he meets.

I did miss seeing the Iron triangle though, their friendship is just amazing and the actors are doing such a great job of showing that. 

I am not looking forward to all the cuts they had to do again for season 2. 

Edited by Sahar
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sahar said:

Wu Xie is such a complex character and its interesting watching him interact with his friends and new people he meets.

I did miss seeing the Iron triangle though, their friendship is just amazing and the actors are doing such a great job of showing that. 

I am not looking forward to all the cuts they had to do again for season 2. 

He is and I just love seeing that they do allow him all sorts of various things.  I miss him with the rest of the gang but at the same time, Wu Xie also needs to show that he has grown and changed from the simple Innocent that followed his Third Uncle into a tomb without having no idea what he was getting into.  And that is what I liked about this show.

The rest of the missing plotlines from all the cuts they had to make wasn't the best, but still I do have hopes we can get some more interactions from the trio and probably some closure on the Thunder City line. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I wish they would just sell the uncut version to viewers/fans. 

Totally agree. I wish they would for so many of the dramas, especially the ones with the open ended concept. Pretty sure before censorship there was probably a proper and mostly satisfying ending for most. But then they went at it with their scissors of cliff-hangers just to annoy the viewers.:lol:

• Like 1

@Alice84  I really am enjoying it even if it feels like they sped up a couple plotlines at the beginning.  But still we get to see more action, more Wu Xie leading a team and using his brains, and some sass from him towards certain people.  I wasn't too surprised about the one point in the last couple episodes and I have a feeling that things are still not going to go the way that those people think they will.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Tomb Notes Restart ll Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷
  • 2 months later...

Ok. I know this is a little late. But i just started watch the series after having waited for all the episodes to come out and then getting distracted by another drama i had started in the mean time. 

But can someone tell me how old Wu Xie is supposed to be in Reunion? Cause im trying to figure out his age in each series just for fun.

2 minutes ago, adla said:

Ok. I know this is a little late. But i just started watch the series after having waited for all the episodes to come out and then getting distracted by another drama i had started in the mean time. 

But can someone tell me how old Wu Xie is supposed to be in Reunion? Cause im trying to figure out his age in each series just for fun.

He's almost 40.  Reunion is about four years after Sand Seas and Sand Seas was set about 8 years after the main plot of the series.  He was suppose to be 26 at the start of his adventures.

2 hours ago, Strange Stranger said:

He's almost 40.  Reunion is about four years after Sand Seas and Sand Seas was set about 8 years after the main plot of the series.  He was suppose to be 26 at the start of his adventures.

26 according to the tv series or the novel? Cause I was assuming he is probably in his 30s in reunion!!