[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷

TheRedPheonix

28 minutes ago, Ersa 22 said:

is the reunion the sound of the providence the last season of the series? 

There are two seasons both with the name Reunion: The Sound of the Providence.  Viki just has the first season, there is a second one on iQiyi.  It's also the last in the whole DMBJ series or at least the one with Wu Xie at his oldest.  There are a total of 8 books with a ton of side stories.  The newest drama based off of DMBJ is Ultimate Note which covers books 5 through 7ish.

13 hours ago, Strange Stranger said:

There are two seasons both with the name Reunion: The Sound of the Providence.  Viki just has the first season, there is a second one on iQiyi.  It's also the last in the whole DMBJ series or at least the one with Wu Xie at his oldest.  There are a total of 8 books with a ton of side stories.  The newest drama based off of DMBJ is Ultimate Note which covers books 5 through 7ish.

Thank you for the responce, so which means there will be no more stories after reunion season 2? :'(( I am watching the ultimate note now which happened I guess before the reunion so I kinda thinking if thinking if the reunion will still have other volumes which is apart from the main story

7 hours ago, Ersa 22 said:

Thank you for the responce, so which means there will be no more stories after reunion season 2? :'(( I am watching the ultimate note now which happened I guess before the reunion so I kinda thinking if thinking if the reunion will still have other volumes which is apart from the main story

I'm not sure.  I know there are still a ton of stories in the DMBJ world that haven't been dramatized.  It all depends on the author and if he will continue things or not.  At this point in time, the last part of the story is set in Reunion.

1 hour ago, Strange Stranger said:

I'm not sure.  I know there are still a ton of stories in the DMBJ world that haven't been dramatized.  It all depends on the author and if he will continue things or not.  At this point in time, the last part of the story is set in Reunion.

I have read in an article that the author is planning to make two more volumes after the Reunion season 2, as of now, it is said that the author is still finalizing the novel of first 2 parts of reunion before it will be published and the make the new 2 volumes. 

Hoping this 2021 there will updates from him specially the drama series

5 minutes ago, Ersa 22 said:

I have read in an article that the author is planning to make two more volumes after the Reunion season 2, as of now, it is said that the author is still finalizing the novel of first 2 parts of reunion before it will be published and the make the new 2 volumes. 

Hoping this 2021 there will updates from him specially the drama series

That would be cool.  I just hope he is able to work healthy and happily on it; I know he had to take time from the stories due to health issues at that time.

22 minutes ago, Strange Stranger said:

That would be cool.  I just hope he is able to work healthy and happily on it; I know he had to take time from the stories due to health issues at that time.

ow so he has health issues? thats why, hmm, Im pretty sure he will continue it since DMBJ is the biggest franchise in China, 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, paopaolong said:

In my opinion, Qi Yu wouldn’t appear in the TV series at all. It’s just another mystery or a bug that Nanpai Sanshu hasn’t revealed in the books. So in order to get the TV more logical and understandable, they move out the character Qi Yu and add in Qi Jin (Second Uncle’s love interest) instead.

Hi, so there is a possibility that it will be revelaed after reunion reboot in the novel? 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2019] Reunion: The Sound of the Providence 盗墓笔记重启 ll 重啟之極海聽雷
On 1/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, Ersa 22 said:

Hi, so there is a possibility that it will be revelaed after reunion reboot in the novel? 

Sorry I’m not sure about that. But I heard that the novel will be released soon. And from the sneak peek of the novel, there will be some differences from the original drafts that Nanpai Sanshu posted on Wechat. 

As for future drama adaptations. They are planning to do Reboot/Reunion 3, Warehouse 11, The Mystic Nine 2, The Sandsea 2, etc. But I doubt any of these plans will be accomplished soon. The author himself does have some mental issues in previous years, let’s hope he will keep good health.

• 9 months later...

This show broke me. Even though the various restrictions and censorship policies have been in place and in effect for some time now, I have remained upbeat for they have not marred my enjoyment of the shows all that much. Until this. There is simply too huge a divergence between what it was intended to be and what it became.

I now fear we might be in for a drought of good shows.

I was a bit bored with the current offerings and decided to finish up some of the older shows which I had let lapse instead. Clearly a mistake; should have left this well alone.