[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@jl08

cheers, chingu! You know what they say.... birds of the same feathers..... :phew: and yes, I wanna see a screaming, crying CSH. In our country, we call that “walling” you know when you lean on a wall and then slowly slide down while crying :joy: I want a crying KJH with her as well while consoling her. Serious KJH is just sexy for me.

..... and I swear, I mean this in the most sad, heart twisting way, and NOT the pervy kind. :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@NongpeeP, I had not seen the ep 13 preview yet. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Here is a translation for it.

JH: Do you think I want to see the camera more or do you think I want to see Soo Hyun-shi more?
SH: Someone did me a great wrong…
JH: Perhaps, is this that difficult thing where you tell me “Guess what you did wrong?”, something like that right now?
SH: Your conscience must be pricking you about something.
JH: No.
SH: If you really want to put aside the wrong that you did, and be sincere going forward instead, then this issue will be finished here.
SH: I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

Hmmm. Not sure what SH's meeting with her Board of Directors is about, though I'm wondering if Director Choi is regretting his choices or something. Anyway, it seems as if WS may be out as co-CEO, or at least facing some disappointment?

However, not a good sign that JH's mother is crying and SH is apologizing. Hopefully, this resolves soon as well. I can understand that JH's mother isn't thrilled about JH taking up with SH, since despite SH's wealth and beauty, SH is an older divorcee after all. Still, I hope that JH's mother will recognize that SH truly loves her son and wants the best for him as well as that JH has chosen to be with SH and loves her with all her heart. As the saying goes, though, there isn't a parent who can win out over their child, meaning ultimately, it will be as the child wants if the child persists in wanting it badly enough, because after all, is their child's life and the parents can't live it for him.

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.

@stroppyse

Thank you so much for translation of Preview 13, your observation, and BTS ep.11-12. 

As PR team casts mentioned Park Bo Gum lively and funny, we could realize from BTS.

Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun on screen have been created by Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, and Casts&Crews with acting power to deserve for high appreciation indeed. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

. and I swear, I mean this in the most sad, heart twisting way, and NOT the pervy kind. :P

I understand, chingu. No worries....

But it won't hurt us to have them sliding down the wall, hugging and crying together and 

culminating in a make out session in our CEO's bedroom cos 'the bed has found its owner' finally.....   :D

Yup. Shouldn't hurt us at all!  Come on, PD, 4 more episodes to go....pali pali....more loving scenes for our beautiful KJH and CSH please!

You may extend the drama if you need more time. No complaints. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 19

37 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

A season 2 announcement (lol)

Second that!! 

We need to see how our beautiful couple has progressed from their first sight in Cuba right till they have kids and bring them to Cuba to share their love story. I want to see DongHwa Hotel expanding to other countries and our OTP flying there to have their intimate moments.  We also need to see the other couples progressing with their own families. 

Yeah, Season 2 of #Boyfriend juseyo!

• Like 15
  • LOL 4

PBG repping Chaumet more than it’s actual brand ambassador :lol:.Just me? or did anyone find it extra adorable that the shots in the woods of SH were taken by JH? Maybe I’m just too much of a sentimentalist.

Once again I am amazed by SHK’s youthful looks! In those BTS shots in her room, her cheeks!! They’re defying gravity, I’m a dozen years younger than her but I need to start doing face aerobics after watching her in this drama.  

I have only one thing that I really want to see which I don’t know if we will see. 

SH and her mother having a heart to heart, I don’t necessarily mean that things get resolved and they become hunky dory. BUT I do want them to have an actual conversation, no screaming and no tears. Has anyone noticed, SH is so cool, calm and collected with everyone except when it comes to her mother. It might seem like she is partial to her father but perhaps SH’s greatest disappointment is craving a relationship with her mother. Even the way she saves her mother’s name on her phone, it’s like a little child sulking -  it’s her small little rebellion that is of no consequence because she allowed her mother to have actual control over her life. So for SH to really move on from her past life, she needs to resolve or get over her relationship with her mother.

I love SH’s character arc in so many ways but I am disappointed how she seems to be apologetic towards her father for her actions getting in the way of his political career, this is the same reason why she has shouting matches with her mother! So it’s okay for dad to want SH to have an advantageous marriage for his political ambition but it’s not okay for mom to want the exact same? 

I also do not like how SH and her dad have conversations about the mother when she isn’t around. I think all three need to thrash it out. If Daddy Cha and SH think the mom is so problematic and hate the mom so much ( which is perfectly alright if they do ) then he should take a leaf out of SH’s book and divorce her , SH should cut her mom out of her life and never speak to her again. 

Most of you might differ but I see this a perfect example of a group of people find themselves in an unsavory situation, then one person is vilified and everyone blames them but it’s actually got everyone’s acquiescence, at least SH is mature enough to admit that she walked into the marriage realizing the benefits that would come her way and the mom never hid her true nature from her family members, what is the father’s excuse?

I also thought it was a bit rich for the dad to act like he is going all out to protect his daughter when actually it’s really SH standing up and protecting herself. 

While I am ranting, I do want to laud the writer for writing such real characters. I know of a lot of arranged marriages and have actually seen girls, very close friends of mine being more lenient with their fathers, they don’t complain in front of their fathers despite being daddy’s girls but they save all their diva attitudes for their mothers, it could be because we’re more comfortable with our mothers or maybe we just inherently expect more from them?  

A few pages earlier @bebebisous33 had mentioned about how she had seen some really toxic mothers, it broke my heart because you’re right sometimes life isn’t perfect no matter how badly we want to think something can be repaired, it cannot. So in your professional opinion as an academician who observes families and their dynamics so closely,  do you really think that SH and her mother can never have a healthy relationship? Will trying to work on a relationship with her mother make her life toxic? 

Like I said, I am a sentimentalist and I really do want SH to have the fairy tale that she wanted while growing up  - a home with loving parents. She never did dream of a prince but she got lucky to get one, that’s an added bonus. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

@ahdrianaa Well, my problem with CSH's mother is that she is not admitting any wrongdoing, while the father has. He feels responsible and he is not wrong. This explains why CSH feels closer to her father. I also think that since the divorce CJH has never been nagging CSH, whereas we can not say the same for the mother. Since the mother hasn't changed one bit from the beginning and she was even violent with her husband (threatening to destroy his books, episode 6) which forced her husband to hide his intentions, I am wondering if her relationship with her mother can change, when it has become worse between CJH and his wife. To me, if CSH can have a better relationship with her mother, it has to start between JMO and her husband. The quarrel between the couple is the daughter: happiness vs. usefulness. I also think, this kind of person might even blame others for ruining her "dream", in other words there is a high possibility that she has this victim mentality: I am a victim, CSH and CJH wanted to ruin my dream aso.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

@jl08

Aigoooo... as much as I want for that scene, I think that its hardly gonna happen. Maybe we will see another sweet scene in the last Episode. But first, I wanna see her cry her lungs out! CSH needs one good cry, if you ask me.

@gumtaek

i dont get the twitter post. Why is the caption saying she wants to cry while looking at csh’s shoes?s

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, jl08 said:

Second that!! 

We need to see how our beautiful couple has progressed from their first sight in Cuba right till they have kids and bring them to Cuba to share their love story. I want to see DongHwa Hotel expanding to other countries and our OTP flying there to have their intimate moments.  We also need to see the other couples progressing with their own families. 

Yeah, Season 2 of #Boyfriend juseyo!

That is the dream!

or it can be like Love Actually only in series form. I did get the vibe in episode 8 when they showed all these potential couples in the closing minutes

*sigh* a girl can dream

With the right script, they can come back for another season set in spring. Yes, a girl can dream

• Like 9
  • LOL 7

14 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Has anyone noticed, SH is so cool, calm and collected with everyone except when it comes to her mother. It might seem like she is partial to her father but perhaps SH’s greatest disappointment is craving a relationship with her mother. Even the way she saves her mother’s name on her phone, it’s like a little child sulking -

I just want to highlight this because you are so right. The only scene where she lost a little bit of control (getting mad) was when they were arguing in Episode 2. Good of you to point this out @ahdrianaa:thumbsup:

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@stardustvoid and @jl08 someone a few pages ago said that they were sure that someone from the drama team visits the Soompi thread, if they are then they’re reading your pitch :D

I believe that someone was me :joy:

Edit... you mentioned the BTS already...

—————————

Why is CSH’s shoes in epi 1 preview being brought up again? i don't understand. :unsure:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

P.O - the first meeting with SHK? I was speechless.... it was like watching a moving doll. 

Yeah...I get you, P.O!

If Kyo is a moving Barbie doll, then PBG is definitely a playful Ken doll!   

That's why their visuals together are soooo good!     :D

@ahdrianaa

I pray that the PD and crew of "Boyfriend" will read ALL our wishes and fulfill ALL of them!

In case they need a reminder amongst all our wishes, it's "A MUST" to see these:

1) HAPPY ENDING with NICE WEDDING.... with no illness, no death, no ambiguity

2) HONEYMOON in Cuba with SALSA DANCING, KISSING & HUGGING  (I LOVE the Balcony scene)

3) BED SCENE.....OKOK....Just FROLICKING will do..like pillow fighting ok?...Not what you're thinking

4) MINIONS OF #JINSOO COUPLE running around in Cuban Garden - given the space, they need a BIG family!

One more wish is to see the deprived Cuban Balcony kiss at the end of ep 10!

PD Nim, we can even feel the heat from here.....:wub:

#CUBANBALCONYKISS

• Like 9
  • LOL 14

Jin-hyuk ah where are you? @gumtaek maybe khxy’s post explains what SHK meant when she said alone? 

WS was also shooting for BF today. Jang Seung Jo has got really expressive eyes, he’s really good at subtly using them to his advantage in scenes. 

@jl08 I second that motion, Cuban balcony kiss scene please! I went all crazy to find the hotel and the room, I would really like all my hardwork paying off. Thank you to the dearest staff member reading this thread.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I second that motion, Cuban balcony kiss scene please! I went all crazy to find the hotel and the room, I would really like all my hardwork paying off. Thank you to the dearest staff member reading this thread.  

Oh wow, I remember that post! All that research for science and we never got to find out whose room was it. PD, can you hear us?

All kidding aside, this show shines the most when our OTP are together and affectionate towards one another. I hope we won’t have to wait til the final minutes of the finale to see that

• Like 16

35 minutes ago, khxy said:

From DC,  Soo Hyun was shooting alone at a bakery this afternoon. The blogger says all the ahjussi and chef rushed out barefoot to see SHK.

Wont blame them, if i were there, i will absolutely do the same, i would leave whatever i do, just to see a glimpse of SHK

• Like 1
  • LOL 18