[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

11 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

U're welcome:heart: can't wait for tomorrow.. 

Reveal hidden contents

I cant stop laughing over Kyo scene.. i mean who sang the songgg? Was the PD who sing?how can you held the laugh :D

Me neither! I hope somebody can provide translation on what they were saying

Spoiler

Me too! I dont know who was singing but I think thats just so Kyo will know how and what to act at the right timing. I love how she looks so small in the oversized hoody :heart:

——————————

@Buldok 

huhu your gifs arent loading 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

BTS ep 11-12 is out!! 

Hide contents

I loveeee how PBG shows his rings to Jang Seung Jo (JWS), and somehow he looks bit jealous :D

Hide contents

I wanna mention about Encounter’s Ep11-12 Behind The Scene too.

Spoiler

I like BTS when

- During ring giving scenes, almost all scenes when CSH or KJH&CSH has been filmed, Park Bo Gum shot such film because camera will film as KJH’s eyes which the cameramen can not take such close shot

eg. When CSH posted for camera or when KJH&CSH took a photo of their shoes and their rings. 

We can see very heavy camera which cameramen have to hold over all filming time, thank you Casts&Crews for working hard in the cold weather. 

- Singing scene has been filmed with lively mood for PBG&KJH’s little brother while  it was funny mood for CSH with crew’s voice (not PBG’s voice) to let SHK know which lyrics KJH was singing but crew’s singing could not hit note. 

- For the ring, I am wondering when I watched rerunning why other roles in Encounter has not seen KJH&CSG’s couple rings yet. Haha, in BTS, Park Bo Gum might think the same for KJH so PBG showed his couple ring to PR colleagues, HI, esp. ex-husband actor with the act like sitting in the act that couple ring has obviously shown. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos, even in spoilers. Thanks.
  • Like 13
  • LOL 6

49 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@Buldok 

huhu your gifs arent loading

Sorry chingu, I added again. :sweatingbullets:

Beautiful drawings :wub:

Spoiler

Cr: mrsheart_sarah

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

@htk9207

I think he does love her in the only way he knows how.  However, he made the choice to set her free, he should stand by his decision and let her be free.  His problem is that he cannot accept that she, as a successful woman, would fall in love with someone he is considers common and beneath them socially.  Therefore, she must have "lost her mind" and needs him to guide her back to the right path.  JWS is arrogant and lonely man.  What he should do is find a "commoner" that knows how to live to make him smile and teach him to love.  Whereas CSH needed love and attention to give her courage, JWS needs to find love so that he can have a discover his heart. 

I have one thing to say that has been gnawing at me, I know that this drama is speaking to the issue and I am happy.  It galls me to no end that a man can have a much younger woman; however, if a woman falls for a much younger  man, then something must be wrong with her and somehow he has bewitched her.   Part of JWS and many members of the Board's problem is that not only is the person she loves not on her "level" socially; but he is younger.  I bet is she showed attention to some of those old men, they would be falling all over themselves to be apart of her life, if you get my drift. :lol:

No offense. I'm just personally stating my view on what I based in Korean setting. The reason I don't consider him truly loving her was because he seems to be in love with the CSH he has or created in his mind.  Or the very least the CSH who told him she wants to mold herself to the type of woman closer to his ideal type. He never got to know the real her, the SH who wants to try the ramen at the rest stop; the one who gets cutely angry because Teacher Lee didn't let her sample the home cooked dish. 

Part of my frustration during earlier parts of the drama was there was not a lot shown to let us viewers know why exactly SH, who tried to mold herself into his ideal girl, never fell for him. His over generous gifts only made her felt pity for herself. She never felt loved nor protected. 

So I am basing my case over my  personal belief that when you love or care for someone, you would be considerate and try to be sensitive to the person you're supposed to cherish. Divorcing her amidst a cheating scandal made her look bad in Korea, where a divorced woman was the looked down upon. SH's own mom even was quoted saying it was her fault her husband divorced her. And then he had the gall to greet her like they were close during his mom's birthday.  I forgot the original poster who commented that SH is like a toy who he ignored until someone tries to play with it. He never listens to her at all. She already told him with precise clarity that the person she is seeing is someone special. If he is really in love with her he would have wished her happiness. He might have takeover the hotel to stop anyone even his mom from taking it, but at SH's expense implying her inefficiency is such an insult. She had worked way too hard to make it into a 5  star hotel, only to be stepped on without any consideration of her feelings. I might eat my words later on depending on what the writer intends to make of WS.  As of now that would be my belief that his feelings are not about truly loving someone but rather obsessing over someone he believes rightfully is his. Her feelings be damned.

About the age gap issue I agree with you totally and completely.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

No offense. I'm just personally stating my view on what I based in Korean setting. The reason I don't consider him truly loving her was because he seems to be in love with the CSH he has or created in his mind.  Or the very least the CSH who told him she wants to mold herself to the type of woman closer to his ideal type. He never got to know the real her, the SH who wants to try the ramen at the rest stop; the one who gets cutely angry because Teacher Lee didn't let her sample the home cooked dish. 

Part of my frustration during earlier parts of the drama was there was not a lot shown to let us viewers know why exactly SH, who tried to mold herself into his ideal girl, never fell for him. His over generous gifts only made her felt pity for herself. She never felt loved nor protected. 

So I am basing my case over my  personal belief that when you love or care for someone, you would be considerate and try to be sensitive to the person you're supposed to cherish. Divorcing her amidst a cheating scandal made her look bad in Korea, where a divorced woman was the looked down upon. SH's own mom even was quoted saying it was her fault her husband divorced her. And then he had the gall to greet her like they were close during his mom's birthday.  I forgot the original poster who commented that SH is like a toy who he ignored until someone tries to play with it. He never listens to her at all. She already told him with precise clarity that the person she is seeing is someone special. If he is really in love with her he would have wished her happiness. He might have takeover the hotel to stop anyone even his mom from taking it, but at SH's expense implying her inefficiency is such an insult. She had worked way too hard to make it into a 5  star hotel, only to be stepped on without any consideration of her feelings. I might eat my words later on depending on what the writer intends to make of WS.  As of now that would be my belief that his feelings are not about truly loving someone but rather obsessing over someone he believes rightfully is his. Her feelings be damned.

About the age gap issue I agree with you totally and completely.

@htk9207

Totally agreed with your comment.

Ex husband as a Chaebol’s son and his parents manipulated CSH like a pet, rather than treating CSH as a human. 

For social gap and age gap, as a normal standard of society in Korea or some countries, KJH&CSH’s love could be considered with negative feedback due to prejudice and presumption. 

People do not watch any couple with social gap and age gap as audiences in Encounter, People have no sufficient info;therefore, people might not have positive feeling to this kind of couple, it is understandable. 

================

@stroppyse

Thank you very much for your kind translation for the cutes Encounter ep.11-12  BTS.

I love your mentioning&warning:

“Encounter [Making]*Warning of turns*Jin Hyuk’s Drunken Truth (song) Soo Hyun bursting into laughter?! (ft. Doing everything diligently Jin Hyuk) 190110 EP.12”

“Video Title: Boyfriend. Fluttering warning, laughter warning, brightness warning, shooting set”

- Have you ever watched the long Encounter ep.13 preview yet?

Could you please consider translation? :wub:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse: I was thanking you for translating the fancam I posted. Good thing, I didn't specify as I get a BONUS from you for the thread....the Eng trans of the Making of Ep. 11 & 12! :D Thank you and more to come!

All the Making of the Episodes are such happy pills for us who are unnerved by several things both REEL and REAL. It's such a relief to see them clowning around, breaking into laughter, having such a great time filming, enjoying each other's company! 

• Like 17
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Omo...one's love for the drama even led her to do this! :D

Thanks for the translation of the BTS @stroppyse

Did the poster try to find the playground? It would be nice if she did. I really love the last time JinSoo couple went there. And did she also find the coffee shop where they bought the cake to commemorate their some relationship. :-) I remember seeing the wooden tower among the fields post before. Was it posted by the same person? The best would be to also locate the place where JH gave the couple rings. It would be daebak.

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

All the Making of the Episodes are such happy pills for us who are unnerved by several things both REEL and REAL. It's such a relief to see them clowning around, breaking into laughter, having such a great time filming, enjoying each other's company! 

This new BTS is absolutely such a mood booster.. i loveeee to see our OTP, other casts and crew manage to have so much fun while they're under pressure with tight schedule. With only 2 more weeks to go and they were still filming yesterday, i'm glad they're in great bonding and produce masterpiece each episode. 

Thank you soooo much @stroppysefor the lightning quick translation

:heart:

• Like 14

It is easier for us to say that Sh should give up the hotel for her life revolves around it for the past 4 yrs.  But on the other hand, if the present situation will broke her into pieces she must make a choice. Come to think of it, 4 yrs is only 4 yrs, a short time its easier yo get out. Why spend another 4 yrs or more, getting out is more difficult.

@shyguitar @dukesa1122 You are right.

No matter how stressful, nerve-wrecking and heartbreaking at times   our jobs are,  giving up is easier said than done. Who wants to throw away those many years of studying and working. And the hardest part is starting all over again.

I also want to see in the next episodes( wow, as if there are still many ep:))....

1. Jh revealing to Sh what changed Samuel's mind.

2. Promotion for Jh, he deserves more than just being a part of the Pr team...or maybe replace Mr. Lee( he needs to be kick-out) or as hotel manager for the cuba hotel.

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

Did the poster try to find the playground? It would be nice if she did. I really love the last time JinSoo couple went there. And did she also find the coffee shop where they bought the cake to commemorate their some relationship. :-) I remember seeing the wooden tower among the fields post before. Was it posted by the same person? The best would be to also locate the place where JH gave the couple rings. It would be daebak.

Not this particular person. A fan of Bo Gum goes on a Bogummy tour and has tweeted the site of the playground. You can check her tweets https://twitter.com/dreamlatte616?lang=en . She said the playground at the moment is off-limits.

Where they had the cake was a Tous Les Jours branch, right?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

WS for me is an interesting character. 

He is not the man for SH, yes. He probably never understands SH the way JH does in a short time, despite being her husband for 2 years. He has a tendency to do things from behind, whether for good or bad intention. He is not good at expressing himself so he uses expensive gifts instead. And he seems to not yet learnt from his mistake.  

For the first time since watching the drama, in episode 12, I felt really angry at WS for concerning SH into making decision, making her feel so depressed and helpless in her own director room, in her own hotel which she brought back to life from the brink of bankruptcy. If JH is not such a strong support for her, she will be "bullied" into feeling scared and using sleeping pills everyday again.

And yet, I can't bring myself to hate WS. Because he is fighting for a losing battle which he doesn't even know he can win despite his social status and money but he has to try anyway.  He is clinging on to something that is already gone.

I said before that WS's ego would stand in his way and he couldn't be able to accept that SH would fall for someone ordinary. And that he would cause troubles for the couple. But I also believed that he is not evil. That's why he doesn't do anything to harm JH. There are people who misunderstood his actions at first when watching raw, that he is behind JH's transfer or he is the one who leaks JH's identity to the press. WS does none of that. 

When he warned Director Choi about not harming SH, he did send someone to follow him - even now when WS has that man in his palm, he still doesn't trust him and keep an eyes on him. I believe WS meant what he said, that none deserves Donghwa hotel besides SH, not even him. 

Sure, WS is now using the Cuba incident for his advantage. That's a selfish move, no excuse for that. But again, I also trust him when he says he gets in the hotel to protect SH. People think his co-CEO is a sign of Taekyung trying to take over Donghwa. In fact, WS brought the shares with his own money. It is a sign of him defying his mother to do things his own way. He even protests when his mom wants SH to appear at his dad's funeral (he just purposely tell that to his rival). Like usual, he never tells SH this.  

WS doesn't understand SH, who will stay by JH's side with or without the hotel. And he is putting so much pressure on SH, making her fight back and make his image in her eyes hit rock bottom. But in the end, when he finally realizes SH truly needs JH and can give up the hotel, he can help her get back her hotel and be independent from Taekyung. Man, you need to have a frank talk with her and sincerely wish her happiness. 

• Like 14

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@jl08SH's mother get punished in some way!!

I think it was @lolly84 who wished for this....haha..

13 hours ago, lolly84 said:

As well as yours wishes i would like also to see SH's mother get punished in some way!

Strangely, I don't hate JWS but I feel compassion for him because he grew up being controlled so tightly by his mum. I'm sure he has traumatic moments in his life too but he just didn't have the guts to stand up to his mum. I'm sure he really loved CSH when he gave her freedom, whether it's properly done is another issue but he freed her and that's so important. I think he was planning to get her back even before KJH came into the picture, in his own ways but he starts to feel threatened when he knew about KJH in CSH's life. When one is threatened, he has a tendency to resort to desperate measures to get back his woman and I think he did not see himself becoming unscrupulous. Pity though.

As for the preview, I agree that it could be misleading..especially when KJH's mum said sorry...it could be that she felt sorry for CSH after news break out that she's losing DongHwa Hotel because of the 'infringement' of her contract by being with KJH.....we'll see.

As for me, apart from all of your wishes to see the antagonists being severely punished and stripped off all that they have (I'm hoping the PD won't spend too much time on these negativities), I wanna see

Spoiler

*   CSH showing her vulnerability not only when she's drunk. So far, she has done her best to upkeep a strong image since she's the CEO and even when she's with KJH, she has not shown her vulnerable side. I want to see her let her entire guard down and cry in front of KJH. Even when they were on the phone and decided NOT to meet for a while, she was sobbing at her end and KJH has no idea of the extent of the trauma that she's facing. He can only guess so much. "Boyfriend" is about him being there even when she shows her weakest side- that's when she needs him most.

*   KJH's mother sitting down to a heart-to-heart talk with CSH, just like his dad did. It's better for an in-depth talk between women to know each other better, especially between future MIL and DIL, given the unique situation of a younger guy with lower social status loving a CEO with complicated background. I hope this would happen so that KJH's mum will support them. What she knows is only from the TV news and articles and that's the worst place to get objective news.

*   KJH meeting CSH's mother to have a frank talk about how she's treating her daughter. Yes, it might not be well-received but for the sake of CSH, it's necessary. Someone has to knock some sense into the mother that CSH is her daughter whom she has been using her unscrupulously to achieve her own agenda. I can't think of anyone better than KJH who is such a gentleman and loves CSH so much.

*  KJH and CSH working jointly to tackle all the issues of disrupted normal lives and losing DongHwa Hotel, focusing on their beautiful memories and their love commitment in the form of rings, remembering their  "I love you" to each other with cherished intimate moments - yes, these should give them the strength to face their problems straight on.

*  Using the playground as a hide-out for our couple as a safe shelter for the storm since it's meaningful to them. 

*  Most of all, I wish to see KJH and CSH confide in each other their fears because so far, we see them individually being worried and affected by their problems but I want to see them talking it out, assuring each other and discussing ways to handle all the issues. This way, they'll have no misunderstandings nor twisted news and with solid foundation, they can strategize and attack their enemies.

Finally, a slow-burn make out session for our OTP, after all the heat is done. Might as well capitalise on their beautiful chemistry.      :D

P/S: Some of my points might overlapped with those who shared( @dukesa1122 for one about CSH letting down her guard) - it shows how much we want these scenes to be shown...no imitation intended....lol.

• Like 13
  • LOL 8

Aww, that BTS clip is adorable. 

What I want to see for the remaining episodes:

1. CSH letting her guard down more, I mean she has come a long way since episode 1 but she seems a bit reserved still at times even in front of JH (not counting the drunk scene)

2. A talk between JH’s parents and our couple. As well as SH’s parents and our couple

3. The full scale of that beautiful Cuban garden

4. A season 2 announcement (lol)

• Like 12
  • LOL 4

Thank you for updating us chingu about the BTS... I seriously LMAO this morning in Israel...It makes my mood so happy and inspired despite of working all day again with my patient... God is good all the time... It is good to know despite of cold weather and other circumstancesthat they are enjoying the shooting... PBG makes everything so light and easy even P.O is entertaining in the set... Poor Kyo, while we are listening to Bogum's voice, she is listening to the staff voice,Lol...Watching Hye Kyo from the start of all the BTS, she is not just a typical woman that will laugh to the max within the course of shooting a scene. She is really Kyo since the day I started being a fan. Reserve but pure and that's her charm. :wub:...The location along the metaseqouia trees is always putting me in awe. I can't help but always admire the couple - they are so perfect visually like you are seeing a moving magazine and the location is also perfect for a background...It is just so beautiful and majestic to watch... PR team is so cool behind the camera,  teasing each other...Jinjoo is also amusing playing like a child to also a child - like bogum, Lol...Showing off the ring to WooSuk and acting as if he is teasing WS completed with facial expressions and hand gestures is just so hilarious...:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1