Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective 오늘의 탐정

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Interesting stuff about the numbers--that will surely be important!

I think we need to alert about the detective.  When we began, he was very unpleasant to YW and then all of a sudden he seemed to fall in love with her.  I never understood why he changed his heart so fast.  Now, he knows that she is in love with DI.  How will he respond to that?  He could do something to try to separate YW and DI.  The detective is an interesting character.  He does have good points and he has a likeable side but I do not entirely trust him because he changed his feelings so quickly before.

The Red Lady is filled with anger but she is also emotionally a child.  She takes her only pleasure in cruelty and in harming others, and it will probably make her especially angry that YW is with DI.  It is her childishness that should eventually lead to her downfall. 

After all we have been through, I really don't want DI to die again but that could happen.  The writer has been very clever about giving us unexpected twists in the story.  I can't imagine how this will end but I'm hoping for happiness for YW and DI.

To me, he has always liked her but he chose to be rather cold to her so that she would give up. He never believed in her story with the lady in red. So his cold treatment is the reason why he could never be loved by her. Unlike him, DI listened to her and said that he would help her. There is a reason why DI was more open-minded than detective Park. He had lost himself his mother who was supposed to have committed suicide, which he never accepted. So he understood her doubts as he had always had trouble to come to terms with his mother's suicide.

Now that he has seen DI as a ghost (the notice written by him, the door that suddenly opens or closes), he is well aware of his existence, yet he refuses to believe in ghosts because if he does, it means that he was wrong on so many levels and he got too late.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

so SWH killed her father without meaning to do so, because she exchanged the cola bottles, her dad put poison for her and her brother. She knew her dad wanted to kill them and live. So she tried to commit suicide and didn't die, and lived in coma, but her ghost kept driving people to commit suicide. She is repeating what she did before becoming a ghost.

Who is the woman who is trying to kill Lee Dail? 

I don't think that SWH's mom is trying to kill DI.  SWH's helper rescued DI, and now SWH's mom is taking care of him while he is in a coma.  The injection is to keep him asleep.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, he has always liked her but he chose to be rather cold to her so that she would give up. He never believed in her story with the lady in red. So his cold treatment is the reason why he could never be loved by her. Unlike him, DI listened to her and said that he would help her. There is a reason why DI was more open-minded than detective Park. He had lost himself his mother who was supposed to have committed suicide, which he never accepted. So he understood her doubts as he had always had trouble to come to terms with his mother's suicide.

Now that he has seen DI as a ghost (the notice written by him, the door that suddenly opens or closes), he is well aware of his existence, yet he refuses to believe in ghosts because if he does, it means that he was wrong on so many levels and he got too late.  

I agree with you 100% about Detective Park's behavior and feelings towards YeolWool.

1-He was never indifferent towards her.

2-Even as he shut her down he was never truly dismissive.  He was always aware of her.

3-He never "accepted" her gifts (bribes really) but kept her presents.

4-He is a detective.  YiRang's public suicide had tons of witnesses, none of whom saw the "RedLady" therefore it make sense  for Detective Park not to indulge YeolWool's grief induce delusion so that she could recover from her grief of her sister's death.

5-It's clear he's a righteous and a man of honor.

6-If this was real life and a "detective" was trying to follow up on a woman's grief about her sister's suicide by locating a witness only she saw and had any romantic interest in the woman it would be obvious he was trying to get into her pants more than solve her sister's death.

7-I think Detective Park is a bit of an introvert and also a respectful observer. Although he care for YeolWool and watch her behave strangely she has never intruded in her grief. 

8. He is a good, sweet, sane guy who only "romantic crime" was not believing in Yeolwool's delusion.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, gm4queen said:

We are so same here @Heidi Seow :heart: Honestly Daniel changed my misunderstandings about Korean dramas, Korean actors & more importantly about horror genre..!! (He himself is a ghost here, so what can I say now..?!) :unsure: And now I am a huge fan of him & that's why I am here.. :love: And I am so glad that I got to know about him..!! HE IS A BEAUTIFUL DREAM to me:wub: And I am kind of sad that he's a stranger to my country.. :(

Hmmm I'm not sure my country side is he popular or not, I'm from Malaysia btw. :smile:

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well said @bebebisous33:thumbsup:

• Like 4

Just saying,

• SWH's fav color is red. That's why her evil spirit wore a red dress & shoes.. She was looking at a red dress & a pair of red shoes in a textile shop.. But those are kids' stuff.. She's grown up in her body but, she's still a kid at heart :blink:.. When will she become a true adult..?!
  • When Da Il's eyes turn red, he can sense the future..?! He got a clue when he stopped the time that SWH's about to attack the travel fair. :o He just looked at the billboard screen.. Was it intentional or just a coincidence..?!
  • Did Yeo Wool really say "it" to Da Il..?! It looks so.. And now, Da Il has to live. Only for her. :wub: Or she'll go crazy... She's madly in love with him..  :wub: And I am so in love with her girl power...!! Fighting, girl!!
  • the police detective can't bare Da Il around Yeo Wool.. If he (the police detective) really loves her, then he should've tell her clearly, no need of beating around the bush. But then he suddenly remembered about it when Da Il came in to her life...!! :unsure: Poor boy, now he knows that he belongs to someone else :wub:.. It's hard to imagine he'll give up without a game...!!
  • It's clear that SWH's father died drinking poisoned cola. But is it clear that her brother drank it...?! If Da Il is her brother, then who's Da Il's mom that died..?!
  • I am just eyeing on Attorney Beak (looks ok for now), CEO dad (he trusts Da Il) & Chief police detective (he should help Jeong Dae more) :)

So many mysteries... I AM TOTALLY HOOKED :wub:

• Like 9

From a much older woman's perspective (me :P), Det. Park's attitude kinda a turn-off. The way he shouted at YW, even when he's being desperate or upset, it's not something that i can accepted easily. He's just shouted at her without holding himself back. I believe that kind of habit would destroy a woman's (or other people) self esteem in a long term, speaking from a personal experiences..

Look at the difference when YW and Da Il had an argument, when YW kept insisting that she's the one who should kill SWH, but Da Il disagreed and then he got so upset, he raised his voice but toward the end he held his emotions back, you can hear how he's lowering his tone in the end of his sentence. That's a considerate man, a mature man. He knew how to treat a woman properly IMHO, while Det. Park is still a kid (well, at least for me :D), and i'm sure he's a decent, kind man, and also helpful (only because he likes her) but Da Il can give her the emotional and rock-solid support, trust and understanding that she needed. My 2 cents :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just saying,

• SWH's fav color is red. That's why her evil spirit wore a red dress & shoes.. She was looking at a red dress & a pair of red shoes in a textile shop.. But those are kids' stuff.. She's grown up in her body but, she's still a kid at heart :blink:.. When will she become a true adult..?!
  • When Da Il's eyes turn red, he can sense the future..?! He got a clue when he stopped the time that SWH's about to attack the travel fair. :o He just looked at the billboard screen.. Was it intentional or just a coincidence..?!
  • Did Yeo Wool really say "it" to Da Il..?! It looks so.. And now, Da Il has to live. Only for her. :wub: Or she'll go crazy... She's madly in love with him..  :wub: And I am so in love with her girl power...!! Fighting, girl!!
  • the police detective can't bare Da Il around Yeo Wool.. If he (the police detective) really loves her, then he should've tell her clearly, no need of beating around the bush. But then he suddenly remembered about it when Da Il came in to her life...!! :unsure: Poor boy, now he knows that he belongs to someone else :wub:.. It's hard to imagine he'll give up without a game...!!
  • It's clear that SWH's father died drinking poisoned cola. But is it clear that her brother drank it...?! If Da Il is her brother, then who's Da Il's mom that died..?!
  • I am just eyeing on Attorney Beak (looks ok for now), CEO dad (he trusts Da Il) & Chief police detective (he should help Jeong Dae more) :)

So many mysteries... I AM TOTALLY HOOKED :wub:

• I wonder too that is he able to stop the time like when he was at his mom house. He also stopped time when glass broken. If he can stop the time that will be awesome!!! But hope this not a "cost" he need to pay for. 
  • Really? I didn't notice about "it".. 
  • Me too... 
41 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

From a much older woman's perspective (me :P), Det. Park's attitude kinda a turn-off. The way he shouted at YW, even when he's being desperate or upset, it's not something that i can accepted easily. He's just shouted at her without holding himself back. I believe that kind of habit would destroy a woman's (or other people) self esteem in a long term, speaking from a personal experiences..

Look at the difference when YW and Da Il had an argument, when YW kept insisting that she's the one who should kill SWH, but Da Il disagreed and then he got so upset, he raised his voice but toward the end he held his emotions back, you can hear how he's lowering his tone in the end of his sentence. That's a considerate man, a mature man. He knew how to treat a woman properly IMHO, while Det. Park is still a kid (well, at least for me :D), and i'm sure he's a decent, kind man, and also helpful (only because he likes her) but Da Il can give her the emotional and rock-solid support, trust and understanding that she needed. My 2 cents :)

100xtimes likes for your comment @kaedechan!!!! BRAVO~!!!:heart: 

I also don't like to get shout by a man who I trust/know. Is minus points. Cause makes me feel that you might not respect me.. (Might be a little overreact but I experienced before). 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Couldn't agree more...

Da Il & Yw have something common.. They both lost their loved ones b'cause of an evil spirit. So Da Il knows that "the lady in red" wasn't an illusion in Yeo Wool's mind..!! So he truly believes her. And I think that he likes Yeo Wool's braveness. But at the sametime he;'s afraid of loosing her b'cause of her bravery..!! So he just raised his voice to her.. And it's one of my fav scenes of Da Il & Yeo Wool :wub: Should say that, Da Il is a real gentleman.. He knows how to treat women properly. :heart:

But Jeong Dae is completely opposite.. He only knows to yell at women. And he always says that he doesn't believe in ghosts.. No, he believes in ghosts but he doesn't like to accept it b'cause it'd hurt his ego :blink: Someone should teach him manners.. He didn't believe a word Yeo Wool said before, but now he believes her b'cause Da Il is in her side :o He is so selfish, arrogant & rude guy to me.. (srry his fans) :unsure: I have no interest in him.. He's guy I have the least interest in the series.......

Well, let's see what happens..!

• Like 9

Not breaking up the OTP...but I still like the detective :ph34r:

I see that detectives would be more skeptical about the existence of ghosts. {Similar comments about the detective over at The Guest thread)

Anyhow, we already know where the pairing is going so lets give Jeong Dae a break?

EDIT: At least he knows how YW feels about DI and he is not acting like a pushy, overbearing second lead (yet).

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I've come to like the detective Park despite his flaws because he is not so obedient and his thirst for truth is exactly what matters in the police. He is how a police officer should be.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I've come to like the detective Park despite his flaws because he is not so obedient and his thirst for truth is exactly what matters in the police. He is how a police officer should be.

Yes, I agree. I have no complain of him AS a police officer :)

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Yes, I agree. I have no complain of him AS a police officer :)

Yes, He is nice as a police officer, but not as a human being... He should be more polite towards women!! And I think he will :D

• Like 8

KBS is really stingy with the Behind The Scene eh? Trying to find any news about our drama, but no new updates :huh:. Not even a magazine photoshoot for our leads :(, only Daniel on Elle Korea last month ..

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

KBS is really stingy with the Behind The Scene eh? Trying to find any news about our drama, but no new updates :huh:. Not even a magazine photoshoot for our leads :(, only Daniel on Elle Korea last month ..

I wonder why too.. recently video is about Park Eun Bin interview.. Kinda sad that there is not read script video or BTS... Izzit bcoz rating issue? Noooo~~~:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

I wonder why too.. recently video is about Park Eun Bin interview.. Kinda sad that there is not read script video or BTS... Izzit bcoz rating issue? Noooo~~~:bawling:

I hope not.. The other upcoming dramas have released their BTS on the first script reading... And those dramas aren't aired yet, so it's not a ratings issue..!! I saw somewhere that our drama held the first script reading in JUNE :o But we know it recently.. And this is not a typical drama. This is at another level.! JUST UNIQUE :wub: And also there are so many post productions in the series, specially on VFX(visual effects), so may be they don't want to brag about it..!! :cold_sweat: I was also waiting happily for the BTS of the first script reading... But then, never mind.! What to do, ah..?! :wub:

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I hope not.. The other upcoming dramas have released their BTS on the first script reading... And those dramas aren't aired yet, so it's not a ratings issue..!! I saw somewhere that our drama held the first script reading in JUNE :o But we know it recently.. May be there are so many post productions in the series, specially on VFX(visual effects), so they don't want to brag about it..!! :cold_sweat: I was also waiting happily for the BTS of the first script reading... But then, never mind.! What to do, ah..?! :wub:

I saw from Wikipedia that their first script reading is at KBS Annex Building. They wanna keep it secret? 

Hahaha what to do? Waiting Wednesday incoming lo. :love:

Guys BTS 3 is out!

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/detective/pc/board.html?smenu=4b47b2&bbs_loc=T2018-0238-01-728976,list,none,1,0

Edited by Heidi Seow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Maybe part of the reason for a lack of BTS, etc, is because the producers have been keeping the show's secrets so that the viewers wouldn't be too spoiled ahead of time.  Horror is a major element in Ghost Detective, and horror only scares us when it creeps up behind us and goes Boooo!

• Like 5

Yp.. :o Now they are releasing BTS stills only on airing dates of each ep...! So it's the perfect suspense of horror..!! Anyway, this is a UNIQUE drama..!!

And now, I'm head over heels in love with "The Ghost Detective" :heart:

Can't wait to see how Yeo Wool's gonna save Da Il on Wednesday...!! She is the perfect girlfriend in K-drama land right now..! Hope she gets him soon..!! :wub:

• Like 9