[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

3 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@Dramanoona I should start watching voice huh? At least I can see Mateo again...btw does Mo Tae Gu appear in the early episodes? Or just the end?

In the first half they showed his eerie, psychotic smile (with half of the face covered by the raincoat hood) and his back view while violently killing his prey. In the latter half, they finally showed his face.... and his sexiness (oopppsss :rolleyes::phew:)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF im sad that it ended :(, what am i going to do during thursday and friday next week, and the weeks after that :(, really sad that we will not see the three leads together again in some time :(

4 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

In the first half they showed his eerie, psychotic smile (with half of the face covered by the raincoat hood) and his back view while violently killing his prey. In the latter half, they finally showed his face.... and his sexiness (oopppsss :rolleyes::phew:)

Okay! Voice it is! I think the director is pretty professional. His drama like guest ,black voice, are pretty famous and nice haha. I honestly can’t get over Mateo and Hwa Pyung gosh.

23 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

@ellelyana88O

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort!

My pleasure! :) It was indeed a fun ride with you all here! 

It was a memorable discussion for me with all brain-frying theory, the joke, the shipping, defending the leads, the laughs, the joy and the sadness we shared. I hope to see you all again in other thread! :kiss_wink:

6 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Okay! Voice it is! I think the director is pretty professional. His drama like guest ,black voice, are pretty famous and nice haha. I honestly can’t get over Mateo and Hwa Pyung gosh.

I am imagining you would be squealing and yelping and shooting hearts from your eyes when you watch the bath tub part. :joy: 

grandpa tells HP that he wants to kill GY and Yoon in front of HP but the plan has to change because of PY's suicide

so does PY kill himself as he want to save Yoon? he dies instead of Yoon? or what?

while he tells Yoon that until now he is free, there is tear in his eyes too? but free of what...

after the drama end i still has a lot of questions :cry: also does PY follow PID before of after he help PHJ?

anyway, the final ep is sooo good. Can i say ep 16 is like a great-acting party LOL The way KDW acts through his eyes! and also Jeon Moo Song nim, he makes grandpa seems like a completely different person!

7 minutes ago, gongcha said:

grandpa tells HP that he wants to kill GY and Yoon in front of HP but the plan has to change because of PY's suicide

so does PY kill himself as he want to save Yoon? he dies instead of Yoon? or what?

while he tells Yoon that until now he is free, there is tear in his eyes too? but free of what...

after the drama end i still has a lot of questions :cry: also does PY follow PID before of after he help PHJ?

anyway, the final ep is sooo good. Can i say ep 16 is like a great-acting party LOL The way KDW acts through his eyes! and also Jeon Moo Song nim, he makes grandpa seems like a completely different person!

I always think that there is a balance. If there is evil, there will be good.

My guess is that PID did not factor in the chain of events which would bring Mateo and GY into HP's life.

He wanted HP to be isolated and vulnerable to accepting him (PID) and therefore Yoon Hwa Pyung will be the next 'devil' , no longer known as Park Il Do.

My idea is that Mateo and GY are two 'angels' who would be the ones to keep HP grounded. PID thought that by killing Mateo and GY, that would be the final crack which would let PID in.

With F Yang's 'suicide' - I feel this was the only coherent thought he, F Yang,  had - and it was an attempt to become 'free' - free of PID's influence.

If everyone believed that F Yang was PID, then HP would be left alone and vulnerable again - Mateo and GY would have gone back to their daily lives. PID (haraboji) was biding his time before threatening to possess HP. Unfortunately, HP finding PID's body just expedited the process.

Edit: My bias is still Kim Dong Wook but I have to admit that KJW is a fine looking man. LOL.

36 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@Dramanoona I should start watching voice huh? At least I can see Mateo again...btw does Mo Tae Gu appear in the early episodes? Or just the end?

Maybe I have watch many detective and crime stuff, voice didn't meet my standard. Plus, some episodes give me motion sickness :joy:  But Mo Tae Gu part sure is worth watching.

My bias is KDW too but man...he doesn't do instagrm :(

Oh anyone watched Children of a lesser god or black? These were in my ocn list ,now that i have guest,i can put on the list!

I did like a stripping of all KDW's dramas and movies, same goes for KJW. At one point they both did A BL movie. I'm happy! 

@Dramanoona you have to watch KDW's bl movie. Even though he is just an supporting but the first part of the movie is like *blush* i love it! Him riding on a bike with another dude, sharing earphones and KDW hugs the other dude *blush* it's so cute gaahhh

Thank you guys here for everything (recaps, translations, photos...) I really enjoy the guest journey :heart:

To me, The Guest is the best this year, even there are ups and downs in plot, seems the acting made me forget that. I am totally satisfied with the ending. Beautiful and Perfect!

I wish for season 2 and I hope I can see more of dark Mateo aka Mo tae gu cameo there, possessed Mateo would be super scary :ph34r:

However, if season 2 has different PD and different cast, I’m out. Because our trio and pd season 1 are irreplaceable in my heart :wub:

30 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I always think that there is a balance. If there is evil, there will be good.

Which is kind of true, if you apply to this series...Evil and Good are still at odds, there are no winners. Like GY, Mateo and HP are alive and well as good guys while PHJ, PID are still around even though they are the bad ones.

PHJ laughing about her dead father. 

Spoiler

She did not die, I want her to. Why? This girl deserves to be afraid for those evil deeds she did.

But to the Ying and Yang, there still have to be someone at the opposite end so the world is balanced. Then, a thing call karma will come along. Instead of arresting(can’t even do that) I guess GY believes in karma. Just one day..one day she will get caught. 

Just be happy with what you have PHJ. Wait till season 2 (if it comes) your fate is done!

5 hours ago, Dramanoona said:
A lot of Mateo cakes. And flowers for KJW!

Why is it written Happy Birthday Hwa pyung ah in the cake? 

I agree with you about Jung eun chae, and I have already said this many time. But its a relief that she got some okay okay comments by the end at least. I know the loudest bunch on internet may not represent the majority but still it was sad to see her getting bashed left and right even when she was doing her job properly. This is the first time I am properly noticing her, she was in Return but I dropped it midway. It seems like Kdw, Jec and Kjw got along really well and she really shined as the only girl among the boys (in the bts and the drama). It seemed like she was more cautious in the bts compared to the other two, may be it was her nature or maybe she was being careful to avoid any unnecessary controversies. I have become a fan of all the actors and have started following KJW and JEC in insta.

Had some bitter feeling while watching ep 15, that the drama went downhill at the penultimate ep but after the finale it seems like the cast and crew were having some Halloween fun. It was a really nice drama. No regrets except that it ended so soon. 

Wishing all the very best to the cast and crew. 

and all the best to all of you. Lets meet again in the soompi world. 

It was really fun with you guys and especially thanks for @Dramanoona for the live recaps. 

Guest aoikarin
1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

My bias is KDW too but man...he doesn't do instagrm :(

Oh anyone watched Children of a lesser god or black? These were in my ocn list ,now that i have guest,i can put on the list!

I did like a stripping of all KDW's dramas and movies, same goes for KJW. At one point they both did A BL movie. I'm happy! 

@Dramanoona you have to watch KDW's bl movie. Even though he is just an supporting but the first part of the movie is like *blush* i love it! Him riding on a bike with another dude, sharing earphones and KDW hugs the other dude *blush* it's so cute gaahhh

Whoaaa..I keep rewatching the Guest.. I really miss our trinity already! I tried to divert my obsession to other drama.. but it doesn't help at all.. Finally I found two good movie to distract me from the guest... I am currently rewatching Along with Gods... HAHAHAHAHA KDW.. I see you again!!:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

27 minutes ago, aoikarin said:

Whoaaa..I keep rewatching the Guest.. I really miss our trinity already! I tried to divert my obsession to other drama.. but it doesn't help at all.. Finally I found two good movie to distract me from the guest... I am currently rewatching Along with Gods... HAHAHAHAHA KDW.. I see you again!!:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Ooo ironic enough, he is a spirit :joy: spirit whom got a second chance in life and reborn as Yoon Hwa Pyung fated to find Park Il Do.

Ps. The concubine is KDW breaking role which receives a lot of praise @aoikarin do consider watching it. Drama wise, so far he has roles in which he isn’t really a good person. Maids, radiant office. Riders is good too.  Oh, if you want to see him being a killer! Watch Cheo Yong 2 ep 1 n 2! (He has that exact same smile when he was possessed in guest)

I Don’t watch a lot of KJW’s stuff but I have to recommend Antique to everyone. To me, Antique is really well made. There is this scene which KJW is dancing on stage, with his shirt unbuttoned, you can see his washboard abs. Girls be like *awe*

Archived