[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

Really it's so heart breaking how always pity KH should pay for what SH is causing ... Even with getting out of KH from this kidnapping it's really saddening how KH during his life must have been bearing all the pains and cruel situations caz of SH ...  :heartbreak:

hope SH would find this kidnapping soon and get out of his biting snakelike character and for the first time does his role as an older brother hasting for saving him ... but if he does the opposite??!! ... ow no God, he could not be this much bastard!! 

I think PJH brother gets hesitated for helping to the gf to kill KH and maybe while torturing him by gf he find she herself is the one who persuaded PJH to committ suicide and then would prevent her to kill KH ... 

In previous ep SH while studying , I think it was PJH medical report, looked suspicious to something wrong in it and maybe he's found some manipulating which he hadn't noticed that before ...  the gf had said about such a thing that a judge should study the evidences carefully ... and if it would be true, SH would find an innocent person was executed because of his neglecting and prejudice, as he had done for kh before ... 

Anyway till next eps I'm so worried and heartbroken caz of our angel nature KH though he may seem sometimes "angle" ... seems in Korean accent "angry" pronounced like angle ... :)

:wub::heart:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2018 at 7:18 AM, nrllee said:

@_gillianne19_

I don't remember predicting that so I can't take credit for it.  Maybe @bebebisous33 did?  

I stand corrected 

Haven't finished the newest episode so can't fully comment as whole.. but let me get giggly at that part where SE got jumpy with KH calling her and with Mr Jo! So funny! And the next after that! :wub: oops shouldn't this be in shipping thread?

Anyway, I also want to commend the girl portraying PHN. Her scene with KH is just too sad. 

The flashback of gf and PJH, i think PJH understand what she said literally.

And I'm also up for SH redemption, one way or the other. And also KH and SH reconciliation.

More to come comments when I have enough data and battery.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:28 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Ex-girlfriend: "Why did you do it? Why do you keep lying? You didn't do it.

PJH: I have to. 

Ex-girlfriend: Did someone make you?

PJH: The judge doesn't like people who go back and forth. Otherwise I can never go home!

Ex-girlfriend: You agreed to listen only to me. You said, you would listen only to me, so why? Are you really stupid? Why are you making it so hard for us? We're both a mess. Do you realize that? If you want to die so badly, die alone!" 

What caught my attention are two things:

- Her statement in the beginning: "You didn't do it". So her words illustrate that PJH never killed his mother and she knows his innocence. All this led me to the next question: if he was innocent, then who did it?

- The fact that she empathizes that PJH had sworen that he would listen only to her. Why did she want him to listen only to her in the first place? So her words outline that she gave him instructions which he had to follow. The question is then WHY? 

In my opinion, she was the one who killed the mother and had planned everything. Moreover, in her last reply, she kept talking about "us". I don't think, she meant the brother and her. The "us" was referring to them as a couple. By admitting the crime, this means that they can not be together ("Why are you making it so hard for us?"). I have the impression that the mother was against the idea of PJH dating this woman. From my point of view, she had planned it so that once the mother is declared dead, they can be together. However, since LSH and the other chaebols were involved in the scandal, the prosecutor and SH forced PJH to confess the crime. Maybe they were never interested in investigating the identity of the real culprit, since they needed a big scandal in order to cover up the crimes from the chaebols. If they had discovered that the ex-girlfriend was involved, this wouldn't have been enough for diverting the attention of the media. The question is did the prosecutor office investigate properly or not? I doubt it.

You are right that she never wanted him to commit suicide and said these words in her despair and anger. However, she knows definitely that she was the one who put the idea in his head. She knows that she had such an influence on PJH hence she is well aware that she is responsible for his suicide. She can not reveal it to the brother hence she blames the judge.

Great analysis @bebebisous33 ! :)   I think that you make a valid point, and also I fully agree that PJH didn't kill his mother. When she was talking about "us", she was talking about PJH and her for sure. I also interpreted it the same way. It is also possible that she killed the mother but what caught my attention was what I underlined (green text):

- She said "Did someone make you?". If she was the real killer of the mother, why wouldn't she have wanted him to take the blame? I mean, she would like to protect herself that she isn't caught for the murder. In that scene, I felt like she truly cared about PJH and was frustrated that he was taking the blame for the death of the mother. For some reason, it doesn't make sense to me that she is the real killer? Maybe I am wrong (and like I often say, I often am :D ), but isn't it possible that it was an accident or someone else was responsible? What about the brother....?

I think that she is on a rampage, because she feels guilty about her words and about suggesting something in anger which all ended up causing the other person to take her words literally. The guilt must be eating her up from inside.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:27 PM, nrllee said:

Maybe SH promised something to PJH that despite the death penalty he would turn it around later once the press cooled off over the LSH case (I assume they don't get executed straight away, they sit in death row for a while...there's a process to follow...and then there's an option to appeal).  But of course that plan was derailed when he took his own life (it sounded like SH promised PJH that if he didn't flip flop, he could go home?). 

@nrllee The same thought crossed my mind when I was watching the latest episodes. That SH might have had a plan to overturn the death penalty later. Things just turned out wrong, because PJH took his own life. Of course, it might be because I am wishing for SH's redemption, and that he isn't as bad to the core as we have been shown so far.

13 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Anyway, I also want to commend the girl portraying PHN. Her scene with KH is just too sad.

@_gillianne19_ I fully agree with you! Park Ji-hyun did a wonderful job portraying someone who wanted to make things right! :)

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Great analysis @bebebisous33 ! :)   I think that you make a valid point, and also I fully agree that PJH didn't kill his mother. When she was talking about "us", she was talking about PJH and her for sure. I also interpreted it the same way. It is also possible that she killed the mother but what caught my attention was what I underlined (green text):

- She said "Did someone make you?". If she was the real killer of the mother, why wouldn't she have wanted him to take the blame? I mean, she would like to protect herself that she isn't caught for the murder. In that scene, I felt like she truly cared about PJH and was frustrated that he was taking the blame for the death of the mother. For some reason, it doesn't make sense to me that she is the real killer? Maybe I am wrong (and like I often say, I often am :D ), but isn't it possible that it was an accident or someone else was responsible? What about the brother....?

I think that she is on a rampage, because she feels guilty about her words and about suggesting something in anger which all ended up causing the other person to take her words literally. The guilt must be eating her up from inside.

@nrllee The same thought crossed my mind when I was watching the latest episodes. That SH might have had a plan to overturn the death penalty later. Things just turned out wrong, because PJH took his own life. Of course, it might be because I am wishing for SH's redemption, and that he isn't as bad to the core as we have been shown so far.

@_gillianne19_ I fully agree with you! Park Ji-hyun did a wonderful job portraying someone who wanted to make things right! :)

To me, she was referring to the confession. She was asking if someone had persuaded him to confess. She never wanted him to take the blame... therefore she asked what happened. Why would he say such a thing? Later, even PJH said that the judge asked him not to change his mind hence we have to imagine that the accused had been influenced. From my point of view, the prosecutor must be involved. The circumstances of her death don't fit to the description of an accident: she was starving. She didn't get any food and later she was killed by suffocation if I remember correctly. Notice that the lawyer had only this point: the accused was mental-disabled. If the circumstances of an accident could have been used, then the family would have expected from the defense to use such a point. 

When the city sends the rats from human house to their main lairs down in the underground , again humans can experience a peaceful and healthy life on the ground and civilized world again has the power on such disturbing creatures. Though rats are growing very fast and has a huge crowd and they nonstopely chatting and eating but at the end they are some disturbing creatures that the civilized world always fighting with them . Asap that the peaceful time is temporary and they again find a hole for entering to the civilized world. As our dear judge who could come over those powerful criminals but from another hole those devils pjh brother and gf get out of their lair and attack at kh and savagely torturing him. @Maryam me too got heartbroken after watching new preview. Just kh was going to experience a love life after his successful court and then those rat-like guys kidnapped him. If sh helps him we can have hope he has his brotherly sense yet though maybe it seems late but it is hoping. <_<

Dear Judge kh at the back scene. Lucky the guy who could meet him and take this film while he was at the status of a judge :wub:

2 hours ago, Minoo Maani said:

When the city sends the rats from human house to their main lairs down in the underground , again humans can experience a peaceful and healthy life on the ground and civilized world again has the power on such disturbing creatures. Though rats are growing very fast and has a huge crowd and they nonstopely chatting and eating but at the end they are some disturbing creatures that the civilized world always fighting with them . Asap that the peaceful time is temporary and they again find a hole for entering to the civilized world. As our dear judge who could come over those powerful criminals but from another hole those devils pjh brother and gf get out of their lair and attack at kh and savagely torturing him. @Maryam me too got heartbroken after watching new preview. Just kh was going to experience a love life after his successful court and then those rat-like guys kidnapped him. If sh helps him we can have hope he has his brotherly sense yet though maybe it seems late but it is hoping. <_<

Dear Judge kh at the back scene. Lucky the guy who could meet him and take this film while he was at the status of a judge :wub:

@Minoo Maani your similie reminds me of this gif. But asap,  always there are some to remain like pjh brother and his gf , so never could get rid of them completely. 

1p4J.gif

However don't worry kh knows about such pathetic creatures and gives hope as to je, "fighting"! ;)) 

Or gives high five as this

I guess though the scene of kidnapping him is upsetting but it will be the point of swich in his life for better and honorable life , I hope.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

From my point of view, the prosecutor must be involved. The circumstances of her death don't fit to the description of an accident: she was starving. She didn't get any food and later she was killed by suffocation if I remember correctly. Notice that the lawyer had only this point: the accused was mental-disabled. If the circumstances of an accident could have been used, then the family would have expected from the defense to use such a point

I think this is where the Korean system of justice is different from the west and you are right to assume that about the prosecution.  The Prosecution heads the investigation of the crime scene.  They wield a lot of power.  Which is why when KH asked creepy Prosecutor about PHN's mobile phone records, the Prosecutor could just brush it off and lie and say nothing was found and it was accepted as 'fact'.  So if the prosecution decided to fabricate or withhold evidence or skew the case heavily against PJH, it is a distinct possibility.  The defense lawyer doesn't have much power and will just have to work with whatever evidence the prosecution claims was found.  And if the judge is also in cahoots it's a double whammy...especially if they decide not to call defending witnesses to the stand?  So I don't know how much of that is fact - that she was starved and died of suffocation - that was all coming from the prosecution.

So I just finished watching all the episodes and I quite like the show.

I have been reading all your analysis and this is so much fun. I totally agree with all that was said about SH and KH, especially SH...

I actually feel quite bad for him in a way. He is pathetic really. But you can also see that he suffered and I think he was quite jealous of KH, and he still is.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the ending - even if I would love a swap of identities, I am not sure they'll go that far since KH just cannot be a judge without diplomas, etc. KH keeps mentioning that restaurant he wants to open - he ight get his wish and I think SH will work hard to become a real judge.

Now, I am wondering if SH has stopped running away at the end of the last episode - he takes a bunch of letters from his safe. Any idea what they might be? Perhaps a past case he's always felt guilty about and that he now wants to resolve? I kept thinking that perhaps it's SE's sister, about his false testimony? Or the first case he had accepted a bribe? He might need to start there in order to amend things? Would love to hear what you guys think those letters are.

2 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Now, I am wondering if SH has stopped running away at the end of the last episode - he takes a bunch of letters from his safe. Any idea what they might be? Perhaps a past case he's always felt guilty about and that he now wants to resolve? I kept thinking that perhaps it's SE's sister, about his false testimony? Or the first case he had accepted a bribe? He might need to start there in order to amend things? Would love to hear what you guys think those letters are.

Welcome @carolinedl - love the Persian Blue feline (?) in your profile pic.

Short answer is - I don't know.

But, like you (and I think majority here will agree) that it has some crucial link to his redemptive process.  What the contents are is a mystery.  It could well be not just one case but an accumulation of ALL of them.  Things left to resolve (I believe it's almost certain that DJ is 32 episodes seeing Thoracic Surgery (2Lives1Heart??) has already announced it will premiere 27Sept...not sure why not Wed 26??  Unless SBS wants to give DJ writer breathing space to give us one more hr long episode on Wed 26 to tie it all off...who knows...

1. SE's sister - still MIA.  Her rape case remains unresolved, even though it's not exactly a cold case coz legally it's closed?  Unless of course new light is shed in the form of evidence...pictures from SH's camera?  In any case, unless victim SE's sister shows up, I don't know how they can reopen the case without her?

2. LSH case is still unresolved.  The case has been reopened with the mighty declaration by KH as Judge SH last week but no sentence has been meted out yet.  Maybe the bribery golf ball case will get dealt with here too?  And of course PJH's case ties in with this one because it was used to take the heat off it in the first place.

3. There's still that paramedic assault case which I thought kinda ended with a question but has yet to be dealt with properly (no answer as yet)...unless they want it open ended? 

Real life isn't always tied up nicely in a bow.  I think that's the beauty of DJ.  It's gritty, it's real, it's heart wrenchingly 'in your face'.  I have a feeling that's one of the main reasons people aren't tuning in, they don't want to have to deal with reality - they want their kdrama to allow them to escape to a comfortable nice place with no gore.  DJ raises issues to force the audience to think and just like real life, it doesn't totally resolve it for you, it leaves you with a thought and almost a challenge to go out there and carry on the fight in real life wherever you are.  Like SE's sexual harassment.  I don't think the Prosector will be called up for that injustice.  He may be called to question about his misdeeds in bribery and coercion but not for that.  And the case of the man whose wife was killed by a callous DUI lady.  We may never know how it ends but we need to keep fighting like he does.  Similarly with the supervisor whose father was blinded by LSH and he lost his job trying to fight the conglomerates...I am not sure we will know about how that will end either.  DJ reminds us that it's not just about the happy ending, it's about the fight.  The fight for injustice, the fight for what's right.  There are very human costs and often there is collateral damage when you fight an entrenched system that isn't right, but it doesn't make the fight any less worthwhile.

EDIT- really nice of 2D1N production to pay for a coffee truck for YSY (DongGu) - an affirmation in my eyes that they are all for the KH/SE match up and can look past the ghosts of yesterday.

12 hours ago, Farbod Asha said:

@Minoo Maani your similie reminds me of this gif. But asap,  always there are some to remain like pjh brother and his gf , so never could get rid of them completely. 

However don't worry kh knows about such pathetic creatures and gives hope as to je, "fighting"! ;)) 

I guess though the scene of kidnapping him is upsetting but it will be the point of swich in his life for better and honorable life , I hope.

@Farbod Asha hehe suitable gif for my similie , and right never getting rid of them,  but just poor-spirited ones cares about their squeaking and listen to them,  as pjh brother listened to gh' s. And really gf is a sadistic coward who makes her satisfied with killing or torturing others. She seems killed pjh's mother and then persuaded pjh does suicide and now is torturing kh to be killed. Her sadistic character makes her to feel satisfied of such brutal acts. Hope she could not hurt kg so much. Her illusive view tend to blame sh as the killer of pjh for what she's done . Seems her dominating and narcissistic character avoid accepting the truth and insists on her illusive view and making others follow her illusions at any cost as she is doing at first with pjh and now with his brother. 

It's really exhilarating that valid Insta pages like "viki" or "sbscatch" itself have put just the kiss scene of ke and je not the other one . It's  what they have realized without some of us begging for it or begging for removing the other scene as some bigots do. Hehe ~ even viki insta persuades the viewers watch DJ by posting just kh and je couple scenes. Just think if they were the lead couple what a great uproar took place in the pages and sites. These are valid evidences not what I insist on to be. 

Where is the kiss scene post for other couple in these credible Insta pages? :P

I know I am a week behind the show....!! But I am catching up.... The kiss is really beautiful.... They have a great chemistry on screen.... But when Se finds out that this is not the original judge KH but a criminal thug KH, what will she do...??!! Of course, she will hurt at first but she will gradually accept KH....!! I hope a happy ending for both of them.... :heart:

Everyone is badmouthing about the mother.... And I haven't really watched that part...!! I am skipping, skipping & skipping :D... And preview for tomorrow shows a hammer or whatever hit on KH...??!! That woman is too cruel......!! Hope everything go back to normal soon...!!!!!

14 hours ago, nrllee said:

Welcome @carolinedl - love the Persian Blue feline (?) in your profile pic.

Short answer is - I don't know.

But, like you (and I think majority here will agree) that it has some crucial link to his redemptive process.  What the contents are is a mystery.  It could well be not just one case but an accumulation of ALL of them.  Things left to resolve (I believe it's almost certain that DJ is 32 episodes seeing Thoracic Surgery (2Lives1Heart??) has already announced it will premiere 27Sept...not sure why not Wed 26??  Unless SBS wants to give DJ writer breathing space to give us one more hr long episode on Wed 26 to tie it all off...who knows...

1. SE's sister - still MIA.  Her rape case remains unresolved, even though it's not exactly a cold case coz legally it's closed?  Unless of course new light is shed in the form of evidence...pictures from SH's camera?  In any case, unless victim SE's sister shows up, I don't know how they can reopen the case without her?

@nrllee Thanks and that is my Boubou, my Persian cat.

Re the letters - they seem to have been sent from one person, same end writing, etc. Makes me think that someone wanted to tell him something but he seems to have ignored them till now that is.

I don't think the rape case is unresolved. I mean he was found not guilty hence it cannot be trialed again. But yes, I guess new evidence could help - for instance, the photos, or a new witness. I am not sure SH actually did not hear anything... Anyway, I hope we'll get some answers as to what he actually saw/heard. As for why he did it, it seems pretty clear: acceptation, connections to rich people, etc. Once again, much of this is linked to his insecurities...

Things I want now:

- More kisses... I mean who doesn't? That kiss was great so I want more!! :P

- The mother to stand up to SH a bit! I think she has realized what an awful person he can be, having told everyone he was an only child. I want her to call him on that.

Yoon Shi Yoon And Lee Yoo Young Show Off Lovely Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Your Honor”

Yoon Shi Yoon And Lee Yoo Young Show Off Lovely Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “Your Honor”

Sep 11, 2018
by esspee

SBS’s “Your Honor” has released new behind-the-scenes photos of Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young.

Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young currently appear in the drama as Han Kang Ho and Song So Eun, respectively. The two different yet similar characters are receiving lots of love from viewers for the couple’s unique romance.

Last week, the couple finally kissed after Han Kang Ho confessed his feelings and Song So Eun also realized that she loves him. The reason why viewers have been rooting for this couple is because of their heart-fluttering relationship that is well-expressed thanks to the actors’ expressive acting and chemistry.

In the photos that were released on September 11, Yoon Shi Yoon and Lee Yoo Young are hard at work on the set of their drama.

They rehearsed their positions and lines for the scene where they stand facing each other. Yoon Shi Yoon brightened up the set with his smile while Lee Yoo Young remained laser-focused on studying the script.

During filming, the couple also sat on a bench together and posed playfully for the camera. Their lovely chemistry behind-the-scenes is bound to make viewers even more excited about how their romance will progress on-screen.

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-Lee-Yoo-Young1.jpg

“Your Honor” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m. KST. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1229035wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-and-lee-yoo-young-show-off-lovely-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-your-honor

9 hours ago, carolinedl said:

@nrllee Thanks and that is my Boubou, my Persian cat.

Re the letters - they seem to have been sent from one person, same end writing, etc. Makes me think that someone wanted to tell him something but he seems to have ignored them till now that is.

I don't think the rape case is unresolved. I mean he was found not guilty hence it cannot be trialed again. But yes, I guess new evidence could help - for instance, the photos, or a new witness. I am not sure SH actually did not hear anything... Anyway, I hope we'll get some answers as to what he actually saw/heard. As for why he did it, it seems pretty clear: acceptation, connections to rich people, etc. Once again, much of this is linked to his insecurities...

Things I want now:

- More kisses... I mean who doesn't? That kiss was great so I want more!! :P

- The mother to stand up to SH a bit! I think she has realized what an awful person he can be, having told everyone he was an only child. I want her to call him on that.

Re the letters - Possible that it's just all from the one person desperate to tell his/her side of the story...I vaguely remember someone said SH refused to allow a key witness to testify (?)- I forget which case it was - whether it was the PJH or LSH case...or maybe some other case (maybe it was the paramedic case).  I need to rewatch some of those scenes again coz often the cases overlap and the comments are made in passing (by SE who seems to be the one juggling all the cases on KH's behalf).

Yes to the rape case being technically resolved in the judicial system.  Definitely unresolved from the human side of things (for SE and her Sister).  Potentially the take down of the rapist in the drug scandal would be payback enough for SE and her Sister?  I don't know.  For SE's Sister her whole reputation as a woman was taken away from her and she's still living under that shadow of being the seductress and complicit to the encounter.  So for her it may not be enough because the stain stays with her and her reputation remains in tatters even if the rapist gets jailed or fined for the drug scandal. 

EDIT- sorry got it wrong, my bad.  Just rewatched segments and SE's mention of SH refusing a witness was with regards to the paramedic case.

EDIT2 - rewatched segments relating to PJH case just to get a better idea of the flow of events.  It was the Prosecutor's Office who released details of the PJH case to divert attention away from the drug scandal (which aroused JE's curiosity as a reporter - she sensed it was a cover up which is why she kept probing SH about it).  So the Prosecution could very well have fabricated the whole story that PJH fed his Mother (who had dementia) spoiled food because he wanted her to die.  Then they purported that he then decided to suffocate her because that didn't work.  No-one would've been the wiser unless other witnesses were called in to defend the accused or if PJH denied the charges (maybe that's why the gf asked him why he didn't?).  SH rushed the whole case through trial without doing due diligence to allow the Defence time to build their case?  Dragging it out longer could've potentially meant that the Press would lose interest and move back to the LSH case.  The little meeting they had with SH at the bar to get him onside was to get him to strike (deliver his ruling) whilst the iron was still hot (after the Prosecution released details to the Press) and sensationalise it more to keep interest on PJH's case and allow LSH's case to just slide under the radar.  Personally, I still don't feel like the death penalty was justifiable though...but potentially purely from a News worthy point of view, it would certainly draw more attention than life imprisonment as a sentence ruling.  So SH played his part well.

So I have watched the episode in full and..

This part is the best! :thumbsup:When KH, about to leave, returned to face the audience, stand  tall and gave a firm bow! Such an amazing scene with an emotional ambiance!  :bawling: I couldn't not be proud of KH! And PHN too!

All's that left now is SE sister, the gf&PJH2, KH being SH.. in 2/3 weeks time?

And some comments 

Archived