[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2018 at 3:51 PM, Maryam said:

@Minoo Maani agree Nara has an elegant beauty and strong acting too ...:)

For sure she is. Like ysy Her gravity is on her own characteristics as her appearance ,her stylish and acting without dependence on propaganda or some words  to be explaines from the script just as a part of their roles. Her gravity is true! :wub:

Eventhough Nara has too much small portion of the screen but on her own quite alone has the most charming effects on the viewers. :heart:

And @Maryam I  think se has a logical and fair character for realizing the truth and while finding kh himself is a victim of sh perjury she will love him more. :) 

Agree ysy beauty degree stands in a higher level of his costars. :lol::wub:

Finally caught up on this week's episodes. I am sorry to hear that next week will be the last for this wonderful drama. :(

Some thoughts about this week's episodes:

• Lee Ho-sung has some really bad anger management issues. Can't believe he even slapped a woman (not saying that it is right to slap a man either). Can we get this guy a therapist asap, please?
  • I think it became evident that KH wants to be a judge and that he really didn't want to leave his position. I hope that he will rethink about becoming a chef, and instead go to school to become a judge.
  • The PJH case was so sad. I cried when the truth was revealed about how PJH's mom died, and that PJH, his brother and the girlfriend were all good people before the trial.
    The brother and the girlfriend are perfect examples of what happens when your emotions take over your rational thoughts. The pain and guilt were so strong, and subsequently led them to go on a rampage in a hope that it would alleviate the pain they were feeling. People, it is better to learn how to handle your emotions and not have them ruin your life as you may act impulsively without thinking about the consequences! I am happy to see that they could start the healing process at last! Better late than never....
  • The prosecutor is SCUM! I can't believe he tricked PJH like that. A great injustice was served by PJH being scared of revealing the truth. PJH's girlfriend and SH may have felt that they were accomplices, but I think we should add the prosecutor on that list too.
  • We finally saw SH start taking responsibility for his actions. He finally understood that he had followed the law only, and had failed to protect the innocent. He is on the path of redemption now. :)
  • Our brothers took a step closer to understanding and forgiving each other. SH heard how KH felt about their family bonds and mother. It was sad to hear KH say that his mom only cares about SH (as it is totally untrue). SH will come to understand KH's position better now, and he can perhaps try to become a better brother to KH?
  • I hope KH will be able to gain confidence in himself, that he is a good person and good enough for SE very soon. This week's episodes sealed it for me, that he has grown tremendously as a person and that he already is a good man. :)

Questions that still remain:

• What did the mom want to tell her sons? I hope she isn't terminally ill.... :(
  • KH will have to tell the truth to SE now to clear up the misunderstanding about not the witness in SE's sister's trial. Will we get a lot of angst and tears for a long time before reconciliation happens?
  • OSC clearly wanted his father's approval, didn't get it from him and thus is now throwing his dad under the bus. Do you think he will succeed? I have a feeling the dad is smarter and savvier than we think....
  • What will SH end up doing and will he reconcile with the reporter?

12 minutes ago, partyon said:
  • What did the mom want to tell her sons? I hope she isn't terminally ill.... :(
  • KH will have to tell the truth to SE now to clear up the misunderstanding about not the witness in SE's sister's trial. Will we get a lot of angst and tears for a long time before reconciliation happens?
  • OSC clearly wanted his father's approval and thus is throwing his dad under the bus. Do you think he will succeed? I have a feeling the dad is smarter and savvier than we think....
  • What will SH end up doing and will he reconcile with the reporter?

• Mom- yeah not sure what she's wanting to tell them. :sweatingbullets:
  • i sincerely hope not...not too long please.  Although I have a feeling KH will be the one to find the whereabouts of her sister...otherwise why bother bringing in the guy who forges IDs so late in the piece?  Why not just have SDI find her?  SE seemed to have her face change from devastation to resolve right at the end?  Question is what did she resolve in her mind to do?  Will she give him a chance to explain himself?  I am hoping for a quick resolution and not a 'drawn out right to the very end before they finally reconcile' type scenario...that would be excruciating.  Just a little tiny blip please writer Nim, not a massive crevice that they have to traverse?
  • i think you may be right here about OSC's father.
  • I feel like SH needs to go on a pilgimage to find himself.  He has started on that journey of redemption but he seems to still have no long term goals?  KH knows what he wants to do and he's put a plan of action in place already (in partnership with SDI and wife).  So I feel like even if they (JE/SH) decide to start afresh they still have a long way to go in understanding each other.  JE is well on the career woman trajectory, SH is still trying to work out 'what now?'.  Their relationship is not on as firm a footing as KH-SE.  Despite his impersonation, KH has always been true to who he really was.  He never pretended to be anyone other than his thug self.  He wore his heart on his sleeve.  So SE knows the real person KH (even if he had SH's name and status).

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

• i sincerely hope not...not too long please.  Although I have a feeling KH will be the one to find the whereabouts of her sister...otherwise why bother bringing in the guy who forges IDs so late in the piece?  Why not just have SDI find her?  SE seemed to have her face change from devastation to resolve right at the end?  Question is what did she resolve in her mind to do?  Will she give him a chance to explain himself?  I am hoping for a quick resolution and not a 'drawn out right to the very end before they finally reconcile' type scenario...that would be excruciating.  Just a little tiny blip please writer Nim, not a massive crevice that they have to traverse?

I so agree with you. It would be excruciating having several episodes of angst.

I am on the fence with this one. Earlier SE closed her heart towards OSC once she heard that his father had been her sister's rapist's lawyer. She never opened her heart back to him again after that.

I am hoping that SH didn't see or hear anything, as then she would be able to forgive SH, and thus let KH back into her heart.

In any case, I do hope we get to see KH and SE go on a date to the amusement park next week :heart:

First things first...

About SC...

giphy.gif

DO NOT MESS WITH MY OTP!!!

Secondly, how is the show ending next week? That can't get wrapped up properly. This is suppose to end next month because of the delays the show got because of the games. Wasn't there two weeks where the show only aired Wednesdays?

Just finished watching this week's episodes. Here are my thoughts:

• KH is a much decent human being than his brother. He may have the priors but him wearing that robe has proven that he is less corruptible than SH. He refused the 1M bribe and went on to proceed with doing the right thing. I guess being in-love made him want to be a better person worthy of SE's love. 
  • SH is trying to redeem himself by doing the right thing now. Submitting his resignation, facing the family of PJH and asking for forgiveness, at the same time, making the fiancee realize that PJH does what people he loves asks him to do without the concept of right or wrong. He's also trying to fix his relationship with JE.
  • OSC is worse than a woman scorned. He can't believe how SE can reject him and sees her as lowly. He thinks he's doing SE a huge favor by liking her. And when that didn't work, he delivers the final blow by saying SH is the witness during the trial. Of course, they both don't know that SE fell in-love with KH instead of SH. 

I'm looking forward to:

• The comeuppance of the creepy men including that prosecutor and OSC.
  • How it will be revealed that KH and SH are actually twins and that KH has been doing SH's jobs for gawd knows how long.
  • How SE will take it and if she will report the "discrepancy".
  • How SH and KH will make-up. If they ever will.
  • How SH and JE will make-up.
  • I'm also wondering if this will have an open ending for a possibility of a second season.

7 hours ago, partyon said:

I so agree with you. It would be excruciating having several episodes of angst.

I am on the fence with this one. Earlier SE closed her heart towards OSC once she heard that his father had been her sister's rapist's lawyer. She never opened her heart back to him again after that.

I am hoping that SH didn't see or hear anything, as then she would be able to forgive SH, and thus let KH back into her heart.

In any case, I do hope we get to see KH and SE go on a date to the amusement park next week :heart:

Personally I think SE did open her heart to OSC (I guess it may well be a different opening you are referring to here) but all she wanted was friendship.  That's why the refusal of his proposal was so traumatic for her.  She felt like she had lost a friend she could confide in (hence the hospital visit).  She knew there was no turning back once he ventured there.  She warned him off a few times not venture there in the beginning - just casual "don't go there" rebuttals when he implied he wanted their relationship to go forward.  There was another conversation they shared (over a meal) where OSC expressed regret and sorrow for what his father did as the defense lawyer and SE (very adult of her) actually said, "well your father is your father and you are you", seeming to say that she could isolate the 2 and wasn't going to hold that against him?  Otherwise, she would've ended the friendship once she found out.  That gives me hope that she has the capability to not visit the sins of one family member onto another...so even if SH made that error of judgement, she will not hold KH to account merely because he's his twin.  I think she never opened her heart romantically with OSC because she knew deep down he wasn't a 'good person' - that's the prerequisite she has, she told KH as much when he walked her home.  And when he retorted, "well does that mean a bad person can never like anyone?  Even if by liking someone he actually changes for the better because of it?"  And her most beautiful sage reply, "well, if he could change then he wasn't a bad person in the first place?"

@allythefangirl I think KH and SH are already well on the road to reconciliation.  They are already talking and texting in their usual gruff sibling way.  There is a marked change in their relationship.  I think mom still needs to fix the ill feeling KH has about being loved less than SH though?  To finally get them back on even keel.  KH still feels that she prefers SH over him and if that's not dealt with, it will always be a point of contention between the brothers.  So maybe that meet up where she wants both brothers to see her together will seal it.  I would love season 2.  I think even if SE becomes a judge she needs KH's matter-of-factly advice to temper her tendency to overthink and get too emotionally involved or she won't survive very long in that position.  You have to have a certain ability to detach yourself emotionally in those professions or you end up needing therapy (eg the paramedic who had depression because he couldn't revive the person in the ambulance through no fault of his own).

I finally finished watching this week's episodes. They were good but for some reason it took me a while to finish them... The pace was uneven; I liked how the two cases were resolved but that went so quickly and then other moments are weirdly slow.

I was quite mad at OSC for having told SE about KH testifying at the trial. I get it, I know why he did that. He is deeply hurt; but how selfish of him. He only thought about getting SE back and not her suffering, etc. I guess it's quite a common theme in our protagonists - like how SE wants to get Choi punished after finidng her sister, not taking into consideration that her sister might not want to. I know - these of two very different things because of the underlying cause but, I guess a lot of characters have that trait in common. Quite interesting actually.

To come back to the end of the last episode; it broke my heart that SE heard it from OSC like that. I am quite curious to what her reaction will be, knowing that SH is waiting for her at home. She knows he is a good person so will she want to hear his version? I think it might be a useful experience for her in the long run.

I am quite liking SH's new career path. As much as I would like for him to stay or become a judge, that is just not going to happen. First and foremost, having a criminal record just disqualifies him right away. End of story. And he knows it too, never thinking he could become one. I think he was more interested into turning SE into one really, encouraging her to imagine it. She has been put down in all her other internships (if you can call them that) but he showed her that she could be a judge.

Thanks for posting the preview @nrllee ! Is SE perhaps learning to play the game a bit, threaten correctly with something worthwhile?

5 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Thanks for posting the preview @nrllee ! Is SE perhaps learning to play the game a bit, threaten correctly with something worthwhile?

I am wondering that too...unless she wants revenge against SH and wants the Prosecutor to take him out in the golf ball bribery case?  Or the disciplinary committee decision?  And when he gropes her again (ewww. :crazy: ...) she needs to take KH's advice and take him out with her 'killer' move (much faster and more effective than the law says KH and how right he is). 

Poor KH...he looks devastated that SE found out - although I am guessing she still thinks he's SH, maybe she kicked him out of the house and didn't give him a chance to explain himself?  She doesn't look like she's in the listening mood and ready to hear him out especially because it's not going to be a quick 5 minute explanation?  Looking at the preview I don't think I have the courage to watch live... I am gonna wait till after the final episode and just watch spoilers... I need to know that they will have a happy ending before I can deal with angsty scenes beforehand... I like that assurance in the back of my mind that it will all end well :P.

I can't stick here like a glue , pompous and meddling and like a chatter box every where and evey time as if I have no meal or sleep time  , haha, and don't like to be like that . but I follow ysy as much as I can and each time I find him more praiseworthy. His ability in portraying different characters has a wide range so skillfully portraits each twin who have opposite character by that we feel love and at the same time hate to each one of them performing by one actor. And I'm really sad the drama will finish soon. If it could be a  continuable series in many seasons having kh as a righteous judge who fights with every injustice and corruption it seemed a  good idea . Maybe such series could be a good symbol for the people involving in such jobs.

I love below scenes

Sh good education and domination in Chinese language couldn't make him a good person and his goofy character just attracted corrupt and bigheaded guys that resulted in his disgusting of his own character and his demand for compemsation and redemption of his past deeds. In contrary kh could attract righteous people as his hyung and se, even je who unconsciously protected him with avoiding reading sh name in the black list though she didn't know he is not sh but it was because of kh effect on her.

Thank you so much @Jelve for posting English subbed parts.

2 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

I saw the preview and saw the prosecutor groping SE. I really wanna break his hands. I wished KH damaged his hand when they shook hands so that he won't be able to sexually harass anyone ever again! I hope he gets the treatment he deserves this week.

I hope so too.  I hope SE takes KH's advice to use her killer move on him...much quicker than the law and definitely more effective :).  I feel like SE is the only one left to finish the task now that KH is sidelined because SH resigned.  SH was never going to be brave enough to take OSC/Prosecutor/rich boys out.  I feel like SE has the moral fiber and strength and the position within the judicial system to get the job done...she mentioned she only has 10days (?) left of her training before she is fully fledged?

Archived