• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the first picture. Lisa and MinJun are back!!!!:wub:

"Secret Mother" Kim So Yeon, there's no one else but a smiling angel

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110910948

Secret mother 'Kim So-yeon's comeback finds clues related to missing sister

30000602911_700.jpg

'Secret Mother' returned to the entrance nanny Lisa Kim discovers a clue to the disappeared sister, chase traces left behind.
The photo shows  Min Jung who is happy to reunite with his teacher, Yoon Jin who decided to trust Lisa Kim (Eun young Kim) again, and Yoon Jin`s husband (Kim Tae Woo) who faces Lisa Kim (Kim Eun Young) with a hard face.

At this time, Lisa Kim (Kim Eun-young) gets a pair of old shoes that are supposed to be related to her sister, and she returns to the origin and devotes her efforts to track the day her sister disappeared.

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009087006

I think I may have started too many dramas at once. Combine that with RL commitments , I find myself in a marathon trying to keep up with the episodes. :lol:

I just completed last Saturday's episodes, but I do like how they have set up each and every suspect's motives for pushing Lisa Kim. Are these gangnam mums screwed up or what? So you have one who maintains the facade of being married for the sake of saving face & wanting to make sure her daughter gets into some good school; then now you have the added complexity of her getting caught in the act of kissing ( and I suppose will potentially have an affair with) the gold digging swimming instructor. Then there's another on a pretend divorce wanting to take the advantage of preferences given to children from a single parent home. Of course there's the other one who has always  wanted to get rid of Lisa Kim lest her own shameful past be revealed. ( Can't wait to see her reaction when she finds her husband has two families and isn't that enamoured by her noodles !) . What a gang of crazy women.

I was quite exasperated with YJ the way Lisa was. In her grief she has forgotten that she is also still Min Joon's mum. Although I empathise and sympathise with her , given that the guilt she feels must be too heavy to bear, I felt even worse for Min Joon. Being a psychologist herself , I wonder if she realises that sweeping things under the rug isn't going to make the hurt or pain go away. And like Lisa says it will just make the wounds fester. So it must be true that a doctor can't heal himself. Anyway , I am glad she rehired Lisa who I think has been really great with and sensitive to Min Joon's needs ( even if she does have an ulterior  motive for being there)

Yes, I can foresee a potential affair between the psychiatrist and the husband. What will push him to her is the fact that YJ will continue to be emotionally unavailable as she has not had closure for the disappearance of her daughter.  I am not sure what is the Detective's obsession with this case , but I do think having witness her desperation that night of the accident , it is an unsolved case that his conscience will not let go of. 

I was waiting for the preview but they did not show it. I want to know what happens next.

Lots of things happened in these episodes. I will wait for subtitles but just a few thoughts.

I am glad Eun Young/ Lisa found out from Yoon Jin what happen that night. She found out many clues and needed some answers.  I am glad they did not dragged this. It was the right thing to do. Just ask.... I love the scene when Yoon jin talked with Eun young. Yoon jin needed to tell someone what happen.

I am not sure right now about the blue stilletto. I was shocked when Eun Young/ Lisa found the shoe in the garden. It is Yoon jin`s property? The witness gave Yoon Jin the other shoe or it was the same Lisa found? I want subtitles.

I laughed when Jae Yeol rescured Lisa and from another angle it looks like both were too close. That`s how the rumor started? :lol:

Who is the mysterious man who checked the CCTV from the  hospital's hall fropm the night Hyun Joo and Min Ji dissapeared? Is Han Jae Yeol? He is impeccably dressed all the time and that man was in a suit. Beside that, Jae Yeol  has an interest to find out who that woman was, maybe he had a suspicion. If he is not that man, who else kept that tape? I don`t think the police have it. Hyun Joo was wearing those shoes when she left the hospital. How come one shoe was in Yoon Jin`s garden? Maybe the one who pushed Lisa/ Eun Young was that mysterious man. I don`t want to suspect Jae Yeol but I am in alert now.

Shin Se Yeon is after Yoon jin. She found out that Yoon jin`s husband is the man she likes.

The last scene. Detective Ha Jung-Wan face to face with Eun Young.

I can`t wait to watch with subtitles.

55 minutes ago, triplem said:

I was quite exasperated with YJ the way Lisa was. In her grief she has forgotten that she is also still Min Joon's mum. Although I empathise and sympathise with her , given that the guilt she feels must be too heavy to bear, I felt even worse for Min Joon. Being a psychologist herself , I wonder if she realises that sweeping things under the rug isn't going to make the hurt or pain go away. And like Lisa says it will just make the wounds fester. So it must be true that a doctor can't heal himself. Anyway , I am glad she rehired Lisa who I think has been really great with and sensitive to Min Joon's needs ( even if she does have an ulterior  motive for being there)

Being a psychologist herself, she should have known better what was going on. She did not think at Min jun and how he was coping with the tragedy. Her own guilt and her own grief, made Yoon Jin to close up and not see beyond that. Lisa helped her realise what she was doing. Yoon Jin makes the right steps. Little by little, she is regaining her true self. I loved when Min jun encouraged his mom to be a doctor again. (I did not understand the words but I think Min Jun was proud of his mom). Yoon Jin came to her office after so long and she even helped a patient in danger.

55 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yes, I can foresee a potential affair between the psychiatrist and the husband. What will push him to her is the fact that YJ will continue to be emotionally unavailable as she has not had closure for the disappearance of her daughter. 

Yoon Jin needs closure for the tragedy and her husband should be next to her. The right thing is for both of them to be a team and investigate what happened. I am affraid, the husband might want to hide a few things from his wife. I really wish they will overcome the tragedy. Only time will tell if Yoon jin and Jae Yeol`s marriage is a solid one. I don`t know if in the end everything will be alright for them. I wish it will be but.... After today episode I wonder.

Videos from episodes 9-12

Haha... Eun young did not recognize Ji Ae.:D

I love the scene between Han Jae Yeol and Ha Jung Wan. How they will be in the future?

Spoiler

:lol: jae Yeol comes to the rescue...  or he just has something to hide?

I loved both the scenes also. I want subtiltes. Good moments for Yoon Jin and Eun young.

The kids

The first scene mentioned in an article...

" Secret Mother "Kim Tae-woo, Kim So-yeon" You acted dangerously " /"Looks like you have a risky behavior"

201805262205773353_5b095d1886e87.jpg

Kim Yoon-jin, Gangnam mother, and Kim Eun-young took the children to camp at Cheongpyeong. Feeling strange in the back of the cottage, Kim Eunyou started to look at the dirt field and found her high heels. Kim Eun - young, intimidated that something was hidden behind the cottage, approached the depot filled with locks, and then the iron ladder fell and was in danger. But Han Jae-yeol showed up and blocked the ladder and grabbed Kim's ears and asked, "What are you doing now?" And Kim Yoon-jin witnessed this scene and asked, "What are you two doing right now?"

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110911455

From that angle it looked suspisious? What are you two doing right now? :lol:

They will realease the third OST soon. Maybe next week.

preview

The Google translation said that it was composed by Tom and Jerry. :lol: Lyrics by Hana

It sounds good. I can`t wait to listen to this song.

'Show' is a song that can feel the sorrow and sadness of two secret women, Yoon Jin (Song Yoon Ah) and Eun Young (Kim So Yeon), with suspenseful melody captivating their ears at once.

The song is sang by Riwon from the duo group Monogram. It`s her first solo.

@larus  the raw earlier.  HJY and HJW crossed paths already? I think they haven't had interactions from previous episodes I've watch...or I must have missed it. Are they in the same police dept?

After watching episodes 3 and 4, I actually got confused about the psychiatrist and HJY ? he save her from almost getting hit by car.. I did not expect that. I figured HJY would have an affair with EY though or the sister.  When the psychiatrist was giving the seminar, she must have described exactly how YJ is.... obviously suffering PTSD

Edit: I want to add. I like that bgm the one they always play. I think they played it end of ep 3

2 hours ago, jongski said:

HJY and HJW crossed paths already? I think they haven't had interactions from previous episodes I've watch...or I must have missed it. Are they in the same police dept?

They showed them in one of the episode 5-8. Han Jae Yeol received from a subordonate a file of the hit and run case. We found out that he was looking for an witness just like detective Ha Jung Wan. The same police officer told Jae Yeol that a detective (Jung wan) was looking for information about Kim Eun Young (when she returned in Korea). He wondered who that detective was and remembered that he was at the scene in the past. We saw a scene (from the past) when Jae Yeol  touched his shoulder as a sign of gratitude.   Again in last week episodes, we saw that Jae Yeol was promoted. Now he is at the Gangnam police (where Jung Wan works). He is the big boss there (the chief of police maybe).

After watching with subtitles, I realised why I liked the same scenes even without understanding a word. :tongue:

I won`t have more things to comment but I will highlight some new aspects.

I really like that we found some answers as Lisa/ Eun Young investigated further about her sister`s dissapearence.

My favorite scenes are the same.

Cronologically...

Mother-son moment.

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo8_r2_540.png

They needed this moment. Min Jun is such a good son, considerate and very mature in thinking, yet innocent. I am glad that Yoon Jin accepted that her son to keep the stuffed bunny of Min ji. She even heard for her son that it is alright for her to return to work.It was a warm scene.

Yoon Jin and Lisa at the hospital.

”We are not friends or family member to ask you why you are here”....

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo10_r1_540.png

Yeah... they are knowing each other very well but they bonded emotionally even without being friends or family. There is an unspoken connection between them. Sometimes we have an intuitive connection with people without even saying a word and for these two is the same. I like how Yoon Jin felt that Lisa had a hard time. She did not insist to know what is going on but tried to comfort her in a way, sharing from her experience.

I liked the dialog:

Yoon Jin: Did you also lose someone?

Lisa: No.  (She was obviously lying, or closing up)

Yoon Jin: Then whoever you`re waiting for will come back if you just trust and wait, that person will return. I`m sure they will eventually come back if there`s hope that you might meet again, then it is a good thing.

Lisa: Having hope is more agonizing.

I think both are right. I thought that Min Ji is missing after she was kidnapped and after the accident, they don`t know if she is dead or alive. Yoon Jin can`t move on from that tragedy because of the circumstances of her missing, her regret. It is hard enough to experience such a loss but thinking you could prevented somehow it makes everyhting much harder to bare. They have to know who caused Min Ji`s death. It would have been worst to not know what did happen with your loved one. Eun Young has to know what happen with Hyun Joo as well, if she is dead or alive, she has to know for sure. Not knowing is terrible but I am sure if there is one little hope that your loved one might come back alive someday, not matter how agonizing it will be the permanent doubt, you`ll take that chance. I hope both will find out what happen that night, no matter how painful it will be for them.

Eun Young/ Lisa`s monologue  at the Han river.

tumblr_p9dkqsqlnn1sdd1ivo1_540.png

Spoiler

A beautiful view

tumblr_p9dkqsqlnn1sdd1ivo2_540.png

Eun Young could not open up with Yoon jin but she needed to express her feelings, her sorrow. 

Another good dialogue. The fact that Hyun Joo is the only family she has is makes everything more heartbeaking...

Eun Young: Should I get angry at her and ask her where she`s been all these years or should I just thank her for having stayed alive? I`m going to hug her and cry all night. Those were the thoughts that went through my mind. Can you stop confusing me? Can you stop making me feel sorry? Can you just show up now, Hyun Joo?"  ( I think this what Eun Young wanted to say both Yoon Jin and her sister. She can`t talk with Yoon Jin about her feelings, about her sister, and she can`t confess her feelings to her sister either). Not only Yoon Jin needs someone who will listen to her confession, Eun Young needs that person too. It is like a symbiotic bond and that`s why I want to know what happen after Lisa`s fall from the first scene. I will talk more about that later. 

Yoon Jin and Eun Young at the Han River

What did happen that night?

tumblr_p9dkqsqlnn1sdd1ivo3_1280.png

It was a good oportunity for Eun Young to asked what she wanted to do for so long. She pointed out that she can`t have everywhere else to hide, asked her why she pretends that everything is allright, she pushed Yoon Jin a little for a confession.

She told Yoon Jin : "if you are sad, say you are sad. If you`re in pain, say so..." (I stop a little at these words and make a little digression.  The exact words were spoken to Soyeon in her last drama. Soyeon`s character had the same trauma like Yoon Jin is experiencing. She lost her son in a car accident. She witnessed the accident and had the guilt over that because she was not there to take him on time from school. It was interesting to see Soyeon on the other side in this drama. Another actress is playing the grieving mother, the woman who closes up from family, and can`t move on.)

We have the confirmation that Yoon jin saw that patient with Min Ji. I am not sure what Shin Ye yeon wanted to do when she hired that woman. She wanted to create a situation to "diagnose" Yoon jin or to discreditate her in the same time? She recommended that Yoon jin not be reinstated at her old job. I like that Yoon jin has a doctor on her side, that believes in her.

Yoon Jin was in a hurry and did not listen to the patient carefully. She doesn`t know but the fact that she was the wife of Jae yeol complicated things. I am sure Hyun joo knew who she was. Hyun Joo`s mental illness, Yoon Jin`s  inadvertence, and other circumstances made the tragedy possible. The witness gave Yoon Jin the shoes he found out at the accident location and now she is sure that patient took Min Jin.

The fact that Lisa/ Eun Young found the other shoe at Yoon Jin and Jae Yeol`s family villa, makes everything complicated. Who was the driver? Who killed Min Ji and hurt Hyun Joo? Jae Yeol is suspisious but I don`t think now that he is the guilty one. I tend to believe that his mothjer is more suspisious. Maybe she sent the people to get Hyun joo and they cause the accident. Min Ji was not a target but she died that night. Hyun Joo is dead too? The fact that the other shoe was at that secluded villa, it means that someone from the family has to know something about thae hit and run accident. I can`t wait to know more.

I was asking who was the mysterious man from the last episodes. It could be that the man who looked at the video from the hospital lobby was the man nurse Choi sent (it was in the office of Jae Yeol`s mother? ) but  the one who visited the fake Hyun Joo could be Han Jae Yeol. I put Jae Yeol`s mother on my first suspect list. She could have been the one who pushed Lisa Kim as well. I can`t wait to know what happen next.  And of course, the meeting between Han Jung Wan and Kim Eun Young... let see how things will go from there.

My comment is too long but I want something else to say...

The coincidenses that make Kang Hye-Kyung to think that Lisa has something to do with those pictures are becoming annoying. It is obvious that the swimming instructor is a conman. He and his accomplice are swindling Hye Kyung.

It was hilarious how Ji Ae was upset that Eun Young did not recognize her. :D  The Gagnam mom are innofensive. Never thought they are really the suspects.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Secret Mother" Episodes 9-10

By Vasia Orion on 2018/05/26 at 17:26 PST

photo977150.jpg

keletons in the closet are very last century, so we keep them in our back yards these days. "Secret Mother" episodes nine and ten take a turn for the grim, and the list of suspects for the greatest of crimes aside from all the terrible parenting is starting to become uncomfortably small. Meanwhile, Yoon-jin and Eun-yeong start bonding more deeply, but our undercover sister is struggling with new information.

I am not saying that Hyeon-joo (Ji An) is buried in the garden of our dear family, but I am saying that she is definitely buried in the garden of our dear family. Her demise is not surprising, but the location is telling, and so is Jae-yeol's (Kim Tae-woo) reaction. There is definitely something going on in that shed, although I am not going to go with the obvious explanation of it being his doing just yet. I hope "Secret Mother" is more challenging than that.

more https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-secret-mother-episodes-9-10-118964.html

That was fast. I am glad someone reviews this drama, so I can read other opinions.

I agree that the trio moms are filler and they bring some humor to the story. I also think they are not related with Lisa`s fall at all. I felt it right away. Even when they showed that all three were suspisious that night, they were never on my suspect list. Frankly, I would be upset, if the show will make a twist and reveal the contrary.

I will not put Jae Yeol out of the suspects but my feeling is that he is not the guilty one. I will see if my instinct is wrong this time. I think  his mother is more suspisious to me. Regardless of what I know (from the earlier character description) I saw some clues.

First, the person who did the accident, took Hyun Joo to that secluded villa. I am not saying she was the driver, but she might used dubious people to get Hyun Joo out of the picture. As I said earlier, Min Ji was a colateral victim. The person who took Hyun joo had a conection to the family. I wonder if Hyun joo is buried there.

Two. She has become worried when she saw the flyer paper, when she realised that Yoon jin is looking at that patient/ the old incedent. It was obviopus that she tried to convince Yoon jin that she is doing something bad. She said that she was not concern about the hospital reputation but about the scandal that will bring to the family. The incident should not have been covered in the first place. They convinced Yoon Jin to not speak but now we could imagine why Park Sun Ja had the interest for that. They did not believed Yoon jin when she made the conection between Min Ji `s dissaparence and the angry patient. Jae Yeol`s mother was the one who spoke to the police about Hyun Joo and covered everything. It is suspisious that his son, who was a cop who could not see the video with the woman in purple from the hospital and made the connection. We saw that the video existed but it was not presented to the police for evidence. My question is... how much Jae yeol knows.... In the future episodes we`ll find out more about him. I keep an eye on him. He is not off the hook yet.

Sure, Han Jae Yeol is connected with this mystery. We have to find out why he has the strange feeling, an uneasiness, every time she sees Lisa Kim. Even if he really doesn`t know what happen that night, it will be hard for him when he finds the truth. Either way, someone from his family could have something to do with that accident and he was the one who could triggered hyun joo's mental illness. Heartache.

Kim So Yeon gave the staff of SBS drama "Secret Mother" Tokyo Pangya bread as gifts.

Why do you have to come close to Lisa like that, Jae Yeol? The Gangnam moms are gossiping already. :D

4GX0Nx.gif

That was a subtle threat?

Spoiler

MupqtR.gif

Yoon Jin said that it was nothing to worry about but she did not like it for sure. From that angle everything looked pretty bad.

I wonder how Eun Young will do in the situation. I don`t think Ha Sung Wan has a reason to take her for interogation yet. I don`t think he knows about her fake name.

Secret Mother OST part 3 was released.

Riwon - Show/See

Spoiler

Google translation lyrics

Scattered mist cloud
     It looks lonely.
     Cold wind blows
     Will I take my wounds?
     On the breathing leaves
     Soaked in gently rainwater
     It is an untied relationship.
     Lonely pain
     Deep in two eyes
     Unfamiliar appearance
     Something I see in it
     Loneliness in the same sadness
     Is it our destiny that can not be emptied
     Like a white wave
     It's still cold.
     The hot moonlight comes down
     I'll miss you
     Like the world I was in
     My empty heart is filled with you
     I can not let go again
     Lonely tear
     Deep in two eyes
     Unfamiliar appearance
     Something I see in it
     Loneliness in the same sadness
     Is it our destiny that can not be emptied

Finally had the change to watch all new episodes.  I really like this drama. I'm so into mysteries. 

so everyone has a secret that they want to hide. intresting. I'm thinking also that Jae yeol mother is the prime suspect. 

I am lol at where the rumours spread :tongue:. I am also curious about what is inside the locked warehouse in the back yard. 

I not sure of the motive of the psychiachist to set up that situation. Does she really want to diagnose Yoon Jin or she want to seize the chance to throw her out of the hospital? Whatever it is, it really makes me feel a little bit frustrated. It is true that Yoon Jin suffered from PTSD but it is also clear that she did not creat false memories and her mental state is getting better. 

14 hours ago, joccu said:

Finally had the change to watch all new episodes.  I really like this drama. I'm so into mysteries. 

so everyone has a secret that they want to hide. intresting. I'm thinking also that Jae yeol mother is the prime suspect. 

It is a 20 episodes drama (40 mini episodes) so the mystery will take a while to be revealed but I don`t mind because they explore the women`s friendship. It takes time to bond and make a strong conection.

By now we have a good picture of what is going on. Both women are in pain, need healing and they are conecting emotionally but they are revelation of their connection in this case makes the heart aches. Eun Young could not tell who she was when she approached Yoon Jin the first time, and now, she can`t tell either because she is the sister of the woman who took Min Ji. Maybe they won`t be friends in the end but they have the same goal: to find out what happened that night.

About the prim suspect... Let see if we are right in our assumption. If the moral responsable for the accident is someone from Yoon Jin`s family, it will be another blow for Yoon Jin. I don`t think her marriage with Jae Yeol will survive this but let see how strong their marriage is. Maybe I am wrong and I wish I am wrong.

4 hours ago, loveirina1 said:

I am lol at where the rumours spread :tongue:. I am also curious about what is inside the locked warehouse in the back yard. 

Me too. Each time I see that scene I start laughing especially when the trio mom are witnessing the moment. :lol: Hwa-Sook is  trying to keep the others down-to- earth. That moment is even funnier. Hye-Kyung was projecting her own experience (she was wondering how Lisa must have felt so close to Jae Yeol :lol:) and Ji Ae was doubting Yoon jin`s husband when her husband  has a double life but she doesn`t know it yet.

It looked suspicious because of the chain but I don`t think there is something there. If Hyun Joo did not die from the car accident I wonder if they kept her in that warehouse before they killed her. She is burried in the garden? OMG, it`s horrendous if this is true. I hope it is not true. After a year, just the police will be able to find evidence if something happened in that werehouse.

My question is who is the gardner? It was mentioned that someone is taken care of the place, the garden for exemple. I wonder if that person saw Hyun Joo that night. The gardner was mentioned two times but we never saw him. Maybe he won`t be in the story but I have to ask. :D

4 hours ago, loveirina1 said:

I not sure of the motive of the psychiachist to set up that situation. Does she really want to diagnose Yoon Jin or she want to seize the chance to throw her out of the hospital? Whatever it is, it really makes me feel a little bit frustrated. It is true that Yoon Jin suffered from PTSD but it is also clear that she did not creat false memories and her mental state is getting better. 

I think Se Yeon, as a psychiatrist, has unorthodox methods I assume. I think she wanted to creat a situation close to Yoon Jin`s trauma to see how she reacts. I think she is unscrupulous woman and lacks empathy. I don`t think it was just a rumor with that woman suicide case. She did not like to find out that Jae Yeol is Yoon Jin`s husband too and I think she has rushed to make a "diagnose"  and concluded that Yoon Jin is not apt to come back. We don`t know her very well but in the descriptions it was mentioned that she has some inferior complex. It is starting to show. Yoon Jin became her rival not only profesional but in her personal life too and her behaviour is telling alot.

Yoon Jin is becoming better. Now that she found out the evidence that what she believed it is not a ipotesis but a reality it will be better. She is on her right track.

Archived