[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

3 hours ago, lulumama77_at_gmail.com_stv said:

Hi guys, 

I just want to drop by to say how obsessed I am with this drama right now. I've just finish watching the whole 8 episodes of it in one go and It just keeps getting better as more twists showed up along the way. 

RIght now to me the most reasonable scenerio that happend to Hyeon Joo is that she was dead already and the husband seems to be the culprit behind her death. Though I hope there would be more reasons for JaeYeol to kill her rather than just the intention to cover up his affair. 

Btw, Song Yoon Ah's acting has never let me down. I decided to watch this drama as I has been a fan of her since I watched Hotelier a few years ago. She was terrific, especially in extremely emotional scenes. And though the actor playing Jae Yeol is good too, I just can't feel any romance between them. Dont know why I even shipped Yoon Jin with Lieutenant Ha (weird, right but I loveeeee the part where he held her and promised he would find Hyeon Joo for her <3) 

Oh my  god, I dont know how to survive until next Saturdayyyyyyyyyyyy. I just can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. 

I also think that Hyeon Joo is dead but there is one behind-the-scene picture of her with Kim So Yeon and the orphanage headmistress makes me wonder if Hyeon Joo is alive and living with her there ??? And why one shoe was in the garden? Whether she is kidnapped, killed and buried there or she managed to escape? As one shoe was left on the accident scene. Walking with only one high-heel shoe is not realistic

Han Jae Yeol seemed unnatural and distant with her wife. Maybe that is the reason why we can not feel any chemistry between them. I am also a fan of Song Yun ah thanks to her performance in Hotelier aired so long ago. I think Hotelier is far better than many Korean dramas nowadays. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

I just watched the episodes 13-16 with subtiltes.

It was a great episodes because we had many events and we found out more informations.

My thoughts.

I still don`t think Ha Jae Yeol had something to do with the hit and run accident, I still think that his mother is responsable for sending the man after Hyun jo and that man caused the hit an run accident.

Now back to the major findings. Han Jae Yeol. As we`ve suspected already, he knew about Lisa`s true identity but now we know that he knew before she entered the house as a tutor. As we suspected, he was susprised and had an uneaseness around her because he wanted to hide that he knew Hyun Joo.

Another revelation.  He knew that Hyun joo was the one who caused the accident/ or who took Min Ji, or suspected her. We saw from the video that Jae Yeol met Hyun Joo that night, he went to her house. He found the supposed witness Kang Hyun Chul at the hospital and that was a strange meeting. Kang Hyun Chul said : "We finally meet!"

Now the scene between Jae Yeol and Eun Young. A good scene btw.

I got chills how confident he was in front of Eun Young. I understand her frustration but I am glad she did not approached Yoon Jin then. Jae Yeol knew that she won`t go in front of Yoon Jin to tell about Hyun Joo. He make her feel guilty and have second thoughts

My question... when he and Hyun Joo had the relationsip? Before or after he got married? The woman from the orphanage knew about Jae Yeol, the pictures were old. Why Hyun Joo reacted now (a year ago)? The "momentarily wrongful affair" took place after meeting her again recently?

I am curious how things will go from here. The truth won`t be hidden for long.

The key players have all the card on the table (almost everyone). Yoon Jin has the picture of Hyun joo and her husband. She saw that he knew who Eun young was before she enter their house. I think she will have some question to ask.

Han Jae Yeol is really a cunning man. I also got chills when he made use of Lisa's kindness and sympathy toward Yoon Jin to stop her from going to tell Yoon Jin everything she knew. If the affair happened before he met and married Yoon Jin, there is no need to hide his wife cause Hyun Joo was ex-girlfriend. Hence, in my opinion, they were in an extramarital affair. Both he and his mother are my prime suspects. 

I hope Yoon Jin will not tell her husband what she knows. If she does that, I am sure Han Jae Yeol will find other ways to cover up it. She had better collaborate with Lisa and detective Ha to find the truth. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Orion said:

Back to the story, I'm also curious about what happened with Hyeon Joo. Jae Yeol met her after the hospital incident (her hand was bound), but we have been shown that she grabbed Min Ji the minute Yoon Jin left her office after the fight (Yoon Jin was fixing her hair and clothes, the signs of a struggle, while approaching her kids). Did Hyeon Joo not take Min Ji? Yoon Jin saw them at the hospital, and again on the road. Even if the second was just her brain playing tricks, she had no reason to hallucinate at the hospital. Did Hyeon Joo leave Min Ji somewhere or with someone before meeting with Jae Yeol back at her place?

The scene was after the incedent? I did not see it very well. I thought that Jae Yeol met Hyun joo at her appartement before the events at the hospital.  Back to watch again. Now that`s a new mystery. 

39 minutes ago, loveirina1 said:

I also think that Hyeon Joo is dead but there is one behind-the-scene picture of her with Kim So Yeon and the orphanage headmistress makes me wonder if Hyeon Joo is alive and living with her there ???

That picture was not a BTS picture. It was from the drama. It was made before Eun Young went to Canada, look at her clothing style.  Yoon Jin saw that picture and there is one with kids from the orphanage in front of them.

If Hyun Joo was alive and she was hiding at the orphanage, she will contact her sister.

But I am thinking... who was the one who got Hyun joo? If she was alive after the hit and run, she was murdered or she was locked up on a mental institution, for exemple? Depends who got her.

28 minutes ago, larus said:

The scene was after the incedent? I did not see it very well. I thought that Jae Yeol met Hyun joo at her appartement before the events at the hospital.  Back to watch again.Now that`s a new mystery.

Yes! Her right hand is bound and you can see the blood. So where was Min Ji at all this time? Maybe that friend from Busan will be an important witness? Maybe she left her with that person and then when they reunited, someone ran Hyeon Joo and Min Ji over?

Between Twitter, curiouscat, my reviews and here, I'm in hyperspeed mode thinking about this plot. :lol:

31 minutes ago, larus said:

The scene was after the incedent? I did not see it very well. I thought that Jae Yeol met Hyun joo at her appartement before the events at the hospital.  Back to watch again. Now that`s a new mystery. 

That picture was not a BTS picture. It was from the drama. It was made before Eun Young went to Canada, look at her clothing style.  Yoon Jin saw that picture and there is one with kids from the orphanage in front of them.

If Hyun Joo was alive and she was hiding at the orphanage, she will contact her sister.

But I am thinking... who was the one who got Hyun joo? If she was alive after the hit and run, she was murdered or she was locked up on a mental institution, for exemple? Depends who got her.

Thanks for clearing my confusion. So there is a little likelihood of HJ being alive:huh:. Can not wait for next Saturday. 

49 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes! Her right hand is bound and you can see the blood. So where was Min Ji at all this time? Maybe that friend from Busan will be an important witness? Maybe she left her with that person and then when they reunited, someone ran Hyeon Joo and Min Ji over?

I don`t see very well. Her sleeve was white but it could be that her hand was bound. What happened next shocked Eun Young. 

tumblr_p9ojo9Sdnz1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

This detail is very important. It is posible that Hyun joo called Jae Yeol to tell him that she had Min Ji. Jae Yeol said to Eun young when they had the confrontation : "Your sister caused that accident". What he knows? It was an unintentional hit and run after all?

Let remember the time. It is 18: 46.

The hit and run accident took place later, (if I am corect) between 20:00- 21:00.

tumblr_p9ojo9Sdnz1sdd1ivo5_r2_540.png

The question is when Hyun Joo took Min ji? It is one hour between the meeting and the accident.

Maybe Hyun Joo has returned to the hospital after she talked with Jae Yeol?

Only Eun young knows what she saw on CCTV tape but I bet that she won`t remember after she wakes up. It will be a cat and mouse race? Detective Ha, Yoon Jin and Eun young will find more evidence and discover the truth?

32 minutes ago, loveirina1 said:

Thanks for clearing my confusion. So there is a little likelihood of HJ being alive:huh:. Can not wait for next Saturday. 

We never know for sure. Yeah, let see what happens. This show still could surprise us.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Secret Mother" Episodes 15-16

By Vasia Orion on 2018/06/03 at 03:04 PST

photo978797.jpg

We have finally caught up to the night of Eun-yeong's fall, and the future is going to be mighty interesting. The past always comes back to bite you, and several people are now feeling its merciless jaws snapping at their back. Jae-yeol has a lot to hide, and if everything is as it appears to be, a lot of it is criminal as well. Yoon-jin has quite the work ahead of her, but will Eun-yeong be there for her or against her?

Unless this is a case of masterful trickery by the creators, Jae-yeol (Kim Tae-woo) has hurt Hyeon-joo (Ji An), and has attempted to kill Eun-yeong (Kim So-yeon). He would not kill to hide an affair, especially after he told Eun-yeong she can reveal it. Whoever harmed one sister harmed the other, and unless Director Park (Cha Hwa-yun) hired or re-hired Kang Hyun-chul after Jae-yeol magically left him alone, Jae-yeol is the culprit.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-secret-mother-episodes-15-16-119188.html

I just read your review. Very perceptive you are. Again, I missed the fact that "his car was following the witness-turned-killer when Eun-yeong was headed to the hospital." I don`t remember the scene.

I get it now. I know that every frame is important but I did not know who was driving that car. Is detective Ha`s car? A little corection. Eun Young is headed to the hotel to meet Yoon Jin. 

Detective Ha is on the good side and he will be alright. Like every crime show, the good guys are coming too late to the scene. Maybe his young colleague is in the car. Too bad the Police did not prevent the tragedy to happen. They were just behind Kang Hyun Chul.

tumblr_p9ojo9Sdnz1sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

tumblr_p9ojo9Sdnz1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

2 hours ago, larus said:

Let remember the time. It is 18: 46.

The hit and run accident took place later, (if I am corect) between 20:00- 21:00

The question is when Hyun Joo took Min ji? It is one hour between the meeting and the accident.

I'd also like to know when that happened, but I'm guessing it went session > kidnapping > meeting Jae Yeol > hit and run > disappearance. Unless Min Ji was hit while under the care of whoever Hyeon Joo left her with. The sleeve is definitely bloody and she has a cloth on it. I can see it well on HD and when comparing to the other arm/hand, I just can't insert images by upload on Soompi (a shame). Maybe she met Jae Yeol to threaten him with his daughter's life? And Min Ji was killed while they were meeting.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I just read your review. Very perceptive you are. Again, I missed the fact that "his car was following the witness-turned-killer when Eun-yeong was headed to the hospital." I don`t remember the scene.

I get it now. I know that every frame is important but I did not know who was driving that car. Is detective Ha`s car? A little corection. Eun Young is headed to the hotel to meet Yoon Jin.

Thanks for sharing and oh my God, good catch! Ahaha. I wrote this while thinking about the past timeline and that "hospital" snuck right in. I should have waited more before proofreading again. Author's blindness. I'm actually one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who likes going back and checking. The license plate is Jeong Wan's. I checked it when he followed Eun Yeong right after Kang Hyun Chul dropped the shoe off with Yoon Jin. :lol:

But yes, I think that explains how he was assigned to the case and ended up interrogating all the women. I'm just leaving a little window of doubt open due to his fixation and sticking so close to Yoon Jin in particular. He could have offered his assistance to Jae Yeol, but all he does is egg Yoon Jin on and not trust his own chief. Unless he knows more things than he's telling, why? It's just a tiny doubt for now. Because everything seems connected somehow.

P.S: It looks like someone was having filter fun while Song Yoon Ah and Kim Tae Woo were having a chat on standby. Ahaha. Idle hands and all that. I don't think the in-drama meeting will be as happy. Brutalize him! :lol:

It's contagious. As cute as this is, I hope the filming is not too terrible. He looks ready to drop.

15 hours ago, larus said:

My question... when he and Hyun Joo had the relationsip? Before or after he got married? The woman from the orphanage knew about Jae Yeol, the pictures were old. Why Hyun Joo reacted now (a year ago)? The "momentarily wrongful affair" took place after meeting her again recently?

I'd say it had happened after Yoon Jin's marriage. Why? I believe your mentioned line suffices to prove. It must be after he got married which forfeited his right to have adultery affair. However, another scenario would follow your path as they were long lost partners (assumed to be) and after his marriage with Yoon Jin (supposed he had to marry a Chaebol girl or so), they met again and the momentary adultery affair occurred.

I am curious how things will go from here. The truth won`t be hidden for long.

The key players have all the card on the table (almost everyone). Yoon Jin has the picture of Hyun joo and her husband. She saw that he knew who Eun young was before she enter their house. I think she will have some question to ask.

Well, If I were her, I would stay quiet and pretend since her husband knows nothing about the fact that she now knows the truth about his past. In the meantime, Lisa will be in coma for awhile now due to the fall. WHAT? So is she going to appear less on screen now? NOOOOOOO.

Well-done the OST, I've been so love with the OST all 4 parts. I'm thinking about getting a copy of its booklet when the CD box is released (in hope of getting more photo shots as well as off-screen cuts).

All you guys have deeply perceptive and insightful opinions on many aspects of the drama. I'm so glad reading those. But hold on, break the intensity a bit, have you guys found this morass on the certificate of education background? It should have been Stanford Uni Grad School, right? A defect it is. lol.

(How to post images in soompi forum btw? I'm extremely low-tech lol)

Soyeon updated her Instagram with some pictures.

Spoiler

Kim Ye Yoon

2 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

I'd say it had happened after Yoon Jin's marriage. Why? I believe your mentioned line suffices to prove. It must be after he got married which forfeited his right to have adultery affair.

That means they changed the original plot. When I saw the pictures, I say Hae Yeol and Hyun Joo were pretty close, just like a couple. It means he had a double life, with emotional involvement not just occasional sex.

Ji Ae`s husband juggles two family at once, with kids included. Brrr...:wacko:

Well-done the OST, I've been so love with the OST all 4 parts.

I also love the OSTs. I hope they will release at least one more. :tongue:

Well, If I were her, I would stay quiet and pretend since her husband knows nothing about the fact that she now knows the truth about his past. In the meantime, Lisa will be in coma for awhile now due to the fall. WHAT? So is she going to appear less on screen now?

Because it`s a drama, I think she will keep quiet too. She had another discovery (Eun Young`s file) and will this new one, she will doubt her husband more.

I hope Lisa won`t be missing from screen. They can have a time jump.

(How to post images in soompi forum btw? I'm extremely low-tech lol)

You can post images if the pictures are from Internet. You can`t do it with the pictures from your computer.

Click Insert other media button from the bottom right of the comment box and then Insert image from URL, and paste the web adress.

8 hours ago, larus said:

That means they changed the original plot. When I saw the pictures, I say Hae Yeol and Hyun Joo were pretty close, just like a couple.

I don't think the original changed, but it may have been added on to. They've made a point of the photos being old. Jae Yeol said so, and so did Hyeon Joo's old co-worker from the hostess bar. So my guess is that the two being a couple before his marriage stands. We just don't know if the brief mistake he speaks about, which was clearly done later, was cheating or some other form of meeting that sparked her anger.

There are two options I find most believable.

1. He keeps his statement about a "wrongful meeting" vague to avoid telling Eun Yeong the details. How he dumped Hyeon Joo long ago, that their last meeting was an altercation during the night of the incident, and that it was brought on by years of mental problems his bad treatment back then brought about. If he or his mother kept paying her off, it would be even worse for her issues. Remember what she said to Yoon Jin that night? "Are you also looking down on me because I live like this?"

2. He did tell the truth, he was a former couple with Hyeon Joo, and they did meet and have an affair once after that, at some point in the previous year.

I think Jae Yeol's behavior when he has his weak moments, as well as the things he says, are honest. We've seen how shameless Chae Rin's dad is. Jae Yeol doesn't strike me as the type. I know losing a child can shake you, but you'd have to be terrible to begin with, in order to not feel guilt against your children before, if you did those things.

On the other hand, him breaking a long-lasting affair with Hyeon Joo off would explain her sudden change in behavior, and the feeling she's being looked down upon by the "main wife". Hyeon Joo's problems were clearly building up for a long time, but we have no idea what sparked the complete meltdown she had. I guess it depends on the writing. If it keeps Jae Yeol realistic and consistent, he could be a coward with a conscience and bad clean up skills, but he's not the two-family, absolute filth type.

8 hours ago, larus said:

Because it`s a drama, I think she will keep quiet too. She had another discovery (Eun Young`s file) and will this new one, she will doubt her husband more.

I think she would keep quiet in real life as well. You find out that your husband had a connection with the woman who killed your child. You find that out by a witness who was just tossed off a building for having that evidence, a witness your husband knew about. Said husband is a police chief, his family has power, they and the public know you as mentally unstable, and could use that to take your child away, or worse. Her whole world just collapsed again, and she is still a mom. She wouldn't risk that to get explanations from someone who is very much looking like a complete piece of trash, and probably a murderer right now. She'd find evidence, and a way to get herself and her kid waaay the heck out.

This could also be a case of several twists. Could be a grand set up of Jae Yeol actually being innocent (at least murder-wise), and Jeong Wan working for his mother or something. Because we know Yoon Jin will now rely solely on the young detective, and they've been teasing the "Why are you so obsessed with this case/witness etc." thing for a long time for him. He's sticking with a civilian and taking her with him to all manner of dangerous situations, not to mention the odd dialogue during the night of the incident.

That other detective asked him what he was doing way out of his jurisdiction (he was in the Gangnam precinct). Jeong Wan said he was tracking a vehicle thief, and the other detective emphasized his reliability due to his job as a fellow detective. Jeong Wan asked if there are other witnesses, and he followed Yoon Jin after being told she is looking for some woman. I mean, if we're going to go nuts with the theories, this one could very well be a possibility. It would actually be rather cool if nothing is at it seems.

Hm on whichever the theory it might become apparent, I find it suffocating especially for Yoon Jin after watching ep15-16. No matter who is the grand scheme master behind this whole twist, I feel desperately sorry for Yoon Jin. Every one of her beloved people has been deceiving her, imposing on her illusional memory. The only person who is completely a stranger Detective Ha believes her not fabricating the truth. It keeps me on the edge whenever I think about the end. Lies are the worst weapon, even the ones who use it have good intention in the beginning. Perhaps Lisa finally knows about the truth behind the disappearance of her sister, Yoon Jin knows about her used-to-be proud family, these poor ladies will continue on living with inerasable scars and incurable pains in their hearts.

Some scenes I like throughout the show, (you will see more of Yoon Jin tho lol)

This one reminisces me about the K2 when Jeha said "Straighten up your back, your enemies are watching you..." She always has this gesture of walking when she's nervous, anxious and trembling. 

Secret%20Mother%20-%20E07%20-%20OnDemand

A very cute moment of grim, stern and serious Detective Ha. This fuels me hope with more confrontation of him and Yoon Jin. Since it's too rare to see him being around with Yoon Jin, I find every moment of them is so precious. (I've not given up on romance tho lol)

Every time these women are together, I can't be on still. Their conversation and subtle switching from state to state are so enjoyable. I love cinematography as well. I think it's very purposeful for the vague and ambiguity of the fact involving people are trying to conceal. The mirror reflects another fact of oneself. Especially, I'm so moved the lines Yoon Jin responses to Lisa's eager even excessive consideration regarding the evidence (Lisa is so reckless this time). I hope these lines would have been happened under another circumstance *crying*... Lisa must be hurting inside sensing the indifference in Yoon Jin's face and voice.

Yoon Jin: You have a lot of concerns for me

Lisa KIm: What happens to you could affect Min Joon as well

Yoon Jin: You're asking about my personal life for Min Joon's sake?.. How considerate of you...

Spoiler

Spoiler

The scene I've mentioned earlier, lol It should have been correctly written as Stanford Grad School.

@larusI know why embedding image didn't work earlier with me since I used a different host for image uploading. it's strictly required the direct link of the image not the alternative shared file. Hm...good to know it in soompi forum as I'm so old-fashioned.

46 minutes ago, Melody_06 said:

Especially, I'm so moved the lines Yoon Jin responses to Lisa's eager even excessive consideration regarding the evidence (Lisa is so reckless this time).

I actually wish that this will be one aspect Yoon Jin can address. Eun Yeong kind of dives right in, and she is way too eager and pushes way too hard. We repeatedly saw that with all of her probing as a tutor. It exposes her to danger. She also allowed the Daechi-dong trio to assume the worst of her, which could have further compromised her. Any one of those moms could have spelled trouble.

Yoon Jin looks like a more methodical, patient type. At least now that she has newfound resolve. It would be cool if the two can work together again and sort of keep each other balanced. It's not like Eun Yeong can be in a coma for long, but she can't return to the home either. And we can't have the two heroines be separated for too long. A secret joint investigation would be a good way to move forward. They both have a very good reason to think Jae Yeol is behind everything, and they'd both want to dig up everything about him.

5 hours ago, Orion said:

I actually wish that this will be one aspect Yoon Jin can address. Eun Yeong kind of dives right in, and she is way too eager and pushes way too hard. We repeatedly saw that with all of her probing as a tutor. It exposes her to danger. She also allowed the Daechi-dong trio to assume the worst of her, which could have further compromised her. Any one of those moms could have spelled trouble.

Yoon Jin looks like a more methodical, patient type. At least now that she has newfound resolve. It would be cool if the two can work together again and sort of keep each other balanced. It's not like Eun Yeong can be in a coma for long, but she can't return to the home either. And we can't have the two heroines be separated for too long. A secret joint investigation would be a good way to move forward. They both have a very good reason to think Jae Yeol is behind everything, and they'd both want to dig up everything about him.

Aw I'm so in love with your characters dissection of Yoon Jin and Eun Yeong. I agree on their contrast in cognitive intuition and practice. However, at the end, they all have good hearts and are victims.

Friendly remind that we've just come at the first half of the entire show, we'll still have the other half way to go. Everything cannot be unraveled too quick to put a period on this tragedy. I remember reading somewhere amongst the previous posts (maybe from larus) that theorized after awakening from a coma, Eun Yeong might lose her recent memories momentarily. The worse I can contemplate that she might keep her remembrance long before from where she might have known she came back to S.Korea to find her sister, but forget all newly dug pieces including Jae Yeol and Yoon Jin. After that whoever contacts her first would set out a conspiracy of going against what she had done before the fall. God! It's a mess. It reminded me of the Young Pal drama where the female lead is in the coma for almost first 6 episodes. It's hilarious (yet a little bit ridiculous) to follow the same path.

I forgot to mention it before (and hopefully I'm not going to offend anyone here). But it seems relieved and kind of joyous when Secret Mother rating's even gone up higher than Lawless Lawyer. lol.

55 minutes ago, Melody_06 said:

It reminded me of the Young Pal drama where the female lead is in the coma for almost first 6 episodes. It's hilarious (yet a little bit ridiculous) to follow the same path.

I forgot to mention it before (and hopefully I'm not going to offend anyone here). But it seems relieved and kind of joyous when Secret Mother rating's even gone up higher than Lawless Lawyer. lol.

Oh goodness, I hope they don't go for amnesia. Memory loss does not work so specifically and it's so very cheap as a narrative mechanic. Eun Yeong lost the CCTV footage, so she would probably feel that Yoon Jin will not believe her before they find it again. And Yoon Jin might not tell her she has the photo, if she wants to make sure about Jae Yeol's involvement first. Eun Yeong may also go into hiding for a while and look for more evidence, since someone did just try to off her. No Yong Pal-ness here, creators. :lol:

It's nice to see the rating go up a bit, but remember that television viewing is not as huge as it used to be. Most people watch VOD and through other devices. So ratings are actually quite a dated way to measure popularity nowadays. The drama's work hours are essentially slavery, though, which is my one huge complaint with this production, so I hope that it has solid earnings from all its available platforms.

I agree with the description of our heroines. Both are different type of personalities but they are the same as strong, inteligent women, determined to get to the bottom of things.

Even their background is different. Yoon Jin came from a healthy family. She married well and had a perfect family. Intelligent and hard working, she had a succesful career. We saw how many people respected her and were happy to see her back at the hospital. She has a fiendly nature.  I can see how people will love to be around her. After the tragedy, her life has turned upside down. 

Eun Young was a orphan since she was ten years old. She had only her sister who helped her, sustained her going to school. She has drive and managed to suceed in life only with her own efforts. BTW,  I am glad the writer answered my question (what Eun Young did in Canada).   

Yoon Jin has the ability to see things from a grounded, practical and realistic perspective. She can moderate Eun young, to keep her on the right track. Curious and quick-witted, for Eun Young is hard to hold back her feelings. She lacks of patience too, she is impulsive (like Han Jae Yeol noticed that she is like her sister). As a tutor, she had to play a different character, she had to restrain a lot. We saw that she snap back a few times, involuntary. My favorite moment was when Min Jun said that he did not learn anything at the academy. :lol:

I really want to see how Yoon Jin and Eun Young will find a middle ground and form a solid friendship. I want their relationship to recover. I think they can colaborate really well. They will have in each other a strong ally. I like how Eun Young wanted to put her trust in Yoon Jin to tell her everything she knows because it would be the only way she will find her sister.

22 hours ago, Orion said:

And we can't have the two heroines be separated for too long. A secret joint investigation would be a good way to move forward. They both have a very good reason to think Jae Yeol is behind everything, and they'd both want to dig up everything about him.

Let see how they are going to do that. I wish the other women in this drama will form a better comradery not be in constant competition with each other.

15 hours ago, Orion said:

Memory loss does not work so specifically and it's so very cheap as a narrative mechanic.

Not all the time a memory loss/ fake memory loss is a bad clichee. Sometimes is a good plot device but the writer has to be skillful enough to know how to use it and how much. 

I could not see how Eun Young would have continued in vicinity of everyone when the one who hurt her was a key player. I don`t believe that they will use the fake memory loss anymore. We saw that the one who wanted to kill Lisa was a side character. We still don`t know for sure who send him or if that person orderred him to do it.  Maybe he was desperate enough to hurt / kill another person just to get the evidence. The mystery continues.

Now I am curious how Yoon Jin and Eun Young will work together. It will not be right away. Maybe Yoon Jin will allow Eun Young to continue to be the tutor for Min Jun eventually. She will work at the hospital so, she will have oportunities to find new evidence from there. Eun Young will keep an eye on Jae Yeol when Yoon Jin will be at work. I can`t wait to see the face of Jae Yeol when Lisa/ Eun young will come back, especially if his wife did not confront him about Hyun Joo. :D

16 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

I just want Secret Mother to do well. I am glad the ratings went up a little. Lawless Lawyers has very good ratings (because it is cable). No matter what other shows are doing, I want our women centric drama to maintain, at least, a loyal audience until the end.

Dax Accessories - Mysty Flower bag

Common- Unique Chiffon Blouse

Spoiler

Yaecom earrings

Roger D'Or earrings

Lancaster bag

BENETTON coat

ECOLE de PARIS  Short Jacket

BABARA shoes

The orphanage scene picture

1 hour ago, larus said:

Not all the time a memory loss/ fake memory loss is a bad clichee. Sometimes is a good plot device but the writer has to be skillful enough to know how to use it and how much.

Oh it's definitely a solid plot device if an integral part of the story, rather than a crutch to force plot padding. I just feel that, at this juncture in the story, it would very much be a cliche delay, the way Korean dramas almost exclusively use it. There are plenty of reasons why the women would not share information right now, from their mutual lack of trust to their respective personalities, lack of evidence and current situations. It can be done organically and sensibly, is my point. Without sudden, precise amnesia, which magically erases events before a certain time for the story's convenience, and acts exactly the way needed for it.

Although it would definitely work (writing-wise, without being silly) as an act from Eun Yeong's side. Memory loss can be trauma induced as well, although I don't know if there are physical signs that show up in scans even then. But if there are not, she could definitely try that. It would be unwise though. Who would believe it?

1 hour ago, larus said:

I can`t wait to see the face of Jae Yeol when Lisa/ Eun young will come back, especially if his wife did not confront him about Hyun Joo. :D

I can already imagine that face! :lol: Although I'm curious how Yoon Jin would frame it. She has already shown him that she knows Eun Yeong is the perpetrator's sister. She'd have to play it veeery smart to bring her back into her home and not majorly tip him off that she knows something and that they're both working on him. But be it openly or in the shadows, I'd love to see that collaboration. And Jae Yeol's blood pressure skyrocketing. Even if he's innocent, he deserves at least some torture for the mess he has made and all the lies. <_<

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I can already imagine that face! :lol: Although I'm curious how Yoon Jin would frame it. She has already shown him that she knows Eun Yeong is the perpetrator's sister. She'd have to play it veeery smart to bring her back into her home and not majorly tip him off that she knows something and that they're both working on him. But be it openly or in the shadows, I'd love to see that collaboration. And Jae Yeol's blood pressure skyrocketing. Even if he's innocent, he deserves at least some torture for the mess he has made and all the lies. <_<

Just to imagine that face, it is worth it. :lol: I still believe that he is not the main culprit but I want to see him squirm so bad. He deserves some slaps too. He made a mess. As you said, the past comes back to bite you when you expect less. Karma is a .....

I like that I can`t imagine how the things will go from here. Eun young has to come back in Daechi-dong. She could investigate on her own but she will be isolated as a character. But they could have a secret colaboration. Definetly they have the same objective, to find Hyun joo and what happen that night.

I have to say, Jae Yeol is hard to crack. So cynical said to Eun young when she showed the shoe, "Are you sure you got it from our villa"? He kept a cool head but he definetly would have hate if Eun young would have said something to Yoon jin. "Go tell her everything!?" Yeah, right. He manipulated Eun young, appealed to her emotions. She almost went to Yoon Jin but in the end but she thought that she would cause more hurt. Jae Yeol did not become the youngest superintendent for nothing. :D

I want a preview!

3 hours ago, Orion said:

, I'd love to see that collaboration. And Jae Yeol's blood pressure skyrocketing. Even if he's innocent, he deserves at least some torture for the mess he has made and all the lies. <_<

Laughing off the floor reading these. I'm exciting about this week's episodes as well. I'm going to clear my calendars for fully enjoying.

@larus @Orion thank you for your two insight on Korean rating system. I don't have much idea about it before because as what you have said Larus, I also want the drama could ace on its field. I've seen a few underrated shows and still enjoy it.

There is one point I'm not clear about (it's not so often I want supporting actresses to be more on screen, one hour doesn't seem enough for the whole crew). Chae Lin's father bought the same dress for Ji Ae and the other Mistress? What made him think that would be a good idea for both of two women wearing the same design? (Hwa-sook stole the dress which was supposed to be handed to the Mistress)

Secret%20Mother%20-%20E08%20-%20OnDemand

Archived