[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lolarita said:

@larus The press con. will be on Friday at 3:00 p.m. Maybe the poster will be released the same day. Finger crossed. 

I'm wondering when we will have English sub for SBS one night of Entertainment. A week later ? 

Thanks for the information. I figured out that it will be on Friday. Usually, they will have interviews for various entertainment programs the same day. They have tight schedules so it is logical to use the time for this interviews, plus they have all the actors present at once.

About the poster... It is a little late in my opinion. Imagine how they would look if they did not have one at the press conference. Of course they`ll have a poster at the press conference. Maybe the movies need a poster more than TV dramas, but the purpose of the poster is to promote and advertise a project. At least they had video teasers. I am curious if there were ever kdramas that released posters a day before broadcast. Not many, I am afraid. (I believe tvN drama My Mister was late also)

Someone would think that I am nagging. I am not. I wish the best for this drama. For me, even without teasers or posters, I would watch this. It is the perception that they are behind schredules, they are in a hurry or that they  are in a position to improvise things just to be ready on time. It is not helping that Secret Mother was, recently, the only drama in the media they used as a bad example of the terrible working environment. That`s what worries me more. But I would let every negative thoughts behind and concentrate on the positive. I am excited to watch drama Secret Mother. I want to see this thriller women centric drama. Just like Kim Tae Woo said, I believe not only the women leads will have a solid story but the other characters as well. Wishing all the best to the team and hoping everything is working fine for them. 

I don`t know when they will release the English subtiles. It will be the first time I will watch V Live. I tried to watch some videos but they load so slowly. From 5-6 videos, just one have been fully loaded. Maybe it is just for me. I used my laptop so maybe that`s the problem. It is good to know that it will be subtiltes. 

@larus I agree with you about late poster and working environment, From many posts about actress Yoon Ah working very late. I don't see another actors and actresses though. However, I feel weird seeing many pictures of Yoon ah on set, it feels like spoiler to me. I remember when I was waiting for "Happy Home" the team productions asked people not taking pictures or do anything to affect the filming or spoiled the drama .....

Anyway, I wish for the best

6 hours ago, Lolarita said:

I agree with you about late poster and working environment, From many posts about actress Yoon Ah working very late. I don't see another actors and actresses though. However, I feel weird seeing many pictures of Yoon ah on set, it feels like spoiler to me.

Yes, many pictures of Song Yoona showed her working late.

About the BTS pictures, for me they are not spoilers. Hardly they are showing anything about the plot and that`s for every show out there. It is a way for fans to keep it close to the drama until the broadcast.  I remember when Soyeon had BTS pictures and even a video from shooting a scene in Falling for Innocence/ Beating Again  when she was dressed like Disney Frozen Elsa. I was more curious about the scene. :D

Secret Mother, fighting!

tumblr_p8aza1Gwrj1sdd1ivo5_r1_540.png

Tomorrow we`ll have lots of news about the drama. Press conference, V Live interview, poster. I am ready for Saturday premiere.

I have a curiousity. Where comes the blood from and how Eun Young will be hurt in that scene? Where is the "murder" weapon?  It is a technical question. I know that I will get the answer when I will see the actual scene but I wonder now, how the blood stain came on the railing and on Kim Yoon jin`s hand. I can`t figure it out at this moment. :lol:

tumblr_p8aza1Gwrj1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

tumblr_p8aza1Gwrj1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_p8aza1Gwrj1sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

tumblr_p8aza1Gwrj1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

They released the posters today. Except from the poster whe:Dre both ladies are being watched through blinds, the posters are exactly as the drafts they presented before. I see that they chose blurry colors. 

I like the poster there Eun Young is at the gate, in front of the house, and the one with both women.

Those teasers can be misleading. I like how I discover more pieces of the puzzle, or I realised that I put one of this puzzle in the wrong place.

I thought that Kim Yoon Jin was rescued here but that`s Kim Eun Young who is removed from the pool, probably dead. 

tumblr_p7xl5b9wtU1sdd1ivo1_1280.png&key=

tumblr_p8aza1Gwrj1sdd1ivo10_r1_540.png

We`ll have more than one mistery. Who killed Eun Young, who kidnapped Yoon Jin`s daughter and staged her death.  I noticed that Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoona) wears the same dress when she is has the blood on her hands and when she is desperate to find someone (I thought it was a scene from the past but now I know it is not what I originally thought). Lots of mystery to unfold.

SBS’s Upcoming Drama “Secret Mother” Drops Official Posters That Further Elicit Mystery

Secret-Mother3.jpg

BS’s upcoming weekend drama “Secret Mother” has unveiled official posters ahead of its premiere!

“Secret Mother” is a mystery-thriller drama centered around the friendship that forms when a mysterious surrogate mother, Kim Eun Young (Kim So Yeon), enters the home of Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoon Ah). Kim Eun Young fakes her identity as Lisa Kim to uncover details about her sister, who disappeared without a trace, while Kim Yoon Jin has been hiding a secret about her child’s death.

The arrival of Kim Eun Young shakes up the entire neighborhood, and causes hidden secrets of the once-peaceful neighborhood to be revealed one-by-one. Kim Yoon Jin is especially affected by Kim Eun Young’s presence as her life slowly starts to fall apart after Kim Eun Young appears, raising further curiosity over what the two women’s relationship will be.

The first poster shows the full cast as they portray their characters with various poses and expressions. The poster includes the phrase, “The suspicious story of what happened at the townhouse,” foreshadowing the conflict and tension between the characters.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/10/sbss-upcoming-drama-secret-mother-drops-official-posters-elicit-mystery/

Rice wreaths

Spoiler

Spoiler

Actress Kim So-yeon's "Secret Mother" Poster shooting scene was released.
2018051111065221540_1526004413.jpg

The posters, which started with the interest and expectation of many people, were performed together with actors such as Kim So Yeon, Song Yoon Ah, Kim Tae Woo and Song Jae Rim. Kim So Yeon arrived before anyone else and started to greet one of the staff first, so she prepared clothes, hair and make-up suitable for the concept before going into shooting.

I was able to get a glimpse of her professionalism in the filming that started immediately.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2018051111041135589

Secret master 'Min Sung-wook verifies script for the first broadcast

2018051109402751328-540x285.jpg

Actor Min Sung-wook has revealed a script verification shot ahead of the SBS new weekend drama "Secret Mother" premiere.

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1489708

Pictures from press conference.

AKR20180511148700005_01_i.jpg

image_readtop_2018_301351_15260236743311

231063_185220_216.jpg

Spoiler

IE002331822_STD.jpg

30000601576_1280.jpg

20180511162346110_018_prev.jpg

IE002331742_STD.jpg

121221651241.jpg

455000031403.jpg

30000601573_1280.jpg

231068_185227_729.jpg

1RZHPLQV7D_4.jpg

2018051116294582886-540x699.jpg

2018051101001040200077941.jpg

1RZHQ33O43_1.jpg

2018051116314911332-540x833.jpg

1d22992da805d8b0ffefde54fcdc0d7a.jpg

IE002331747_STD.jpg

20180511160921_1212266_600_750.jpg

IE002331719_STD.jpg

IE002331766_STD.jpg

So many pictures. All cast looks great.:heart:

Pictures from V Live interview

1526031652584135.jpg

'Secret Mother' cast showed confidence and expectation of the drama. On Friday, 11th May, 'Secret Mother' main cast  Song Yoon Ah, Kim So Yeon, Tae Woo Kim, and Song Jae Lim participated.

Kim Tae-woo said, "'Secret Mothers' is a work that I would expect you to have, combining both work and entertainment in a simple summary." He said, "I think it a very interesting drama, so I hope you will have a lot of expectations."

Prior to the first broadcast, Song Yoon-a, "a few days ago, twenty-something worries came up and the face began to darken." She said, "Anyway, as we are working hard, we are so thankful to follow the results.

Kim Tae-woo said, "I was expecting a lot and I thought this work would be so much fun since I saw the script. I'm so excited as one of the viewers."

Kim So-yeon said, "I really did not feel it, but being in today's production presentation and Vlive, I feel nervous and nervous."

Song Jae-rim said, "I think it's going to be a month since I filmed it, but when I did one, I got a lot of nervousness and tremors.

(Google translate)

source

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180511

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201805111834089405430_1

I tried to watch live but I can`t. It says that a temporary error accured. I will watch later on other sources.

Thanks to Instagram  I can see them at V Live

I love them all. I can`t wait to see them on screen but I love that they did this interview too. :wub:

Appreciate the updates . Looking forward to checking out the premier episodes 

The mothers of Gangnam

Spoiler

SJR looking mighty fine ! 

May 11, 2018

'Secret Mother' makes thriller out of Korea's unique education system

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, May 11 (Yonhap) -- The upcoming weekend TV series "Secret Mother" on SBS features such a bizarre -- even disturbing to some -- occupation that many Korean viewers will easily dismiss it as being fictional.

But the job of playing a "surrogate mother," tasked with managing and improving a child's academic performance, has existed for some years in pockets of notoriously hyper-competitive neighborhoods in Gangnam, southern Seoul.

Only those with a proven record of getting their own kids into a top-tier university can get the high-paying job. The job specifications include finding best education and private teachers for the kid, arranging the kid's schedule down to the minute, helping with homework and following up on academic progress.

Actor Song Yoon-ah enters a hall to attend a press conference for the new TV series "Secret Mother" in Seoul on May 11, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actor Song Yoon-ah enters a hall to attend a press conference for the new TV series "Secret Mother" in Seoul on May 11, 2018. (Yonhap)

"Actually I have been hearing about the job for some time. I was surprised to learn that quite a few households use such services," actress Song Yoon-ah said at a press conference held at the SBS headquarters in Seoul on Friday.

"I don't think I can go that far, even though I hope my kid excels at school," said the mother of a 7-year-old boy. "There are kids who do well in school, and there are those who are good at painting. It is a parent's responsibility to help their children figure out what they are good at."

A poster for the upcoming TV series "Secret Mother" on SBS. (Yonhap)

A poster for the upcoming TV series "Secret Mother" on SBS. (Yonhap)

The mystery drama centers on two women -- Kim Eun-young (played by Kim So-yeon), a mysterious live-in surrogate mother who takes charge of education of a young boy, and the boy's mother Kim Yun-jin (Song Yoon-ah), a stay-at-home mom who goes so far as giving up her psychiatrist profession to help her son excel academically.

Kim Eun-young's entrance in her life slowly causes a crack in the boys' mother's otherwise stable and affluent life. Shrouded in mystery, the woman seems to hide issues and have ulterior motives.

The drama also paints a stark picture of the country's overheated education market where a mom's success is equated with her child's academic performance.

"I hope the drama helps raise awareness about the ill effects of the ultra-competitive education system," said the other main actor, Kim So-yeon.

On top of the educational issues, she said the story is also about comforting people prone to making mistakes.

"The characters in the drama have their own defects and scars. They knowingly make mistakes and soon regret them. As the story progresses, they gradually heal themselves. I hope TV viewers feel the same way."

The 32-part drama will premiere at 8:55 p.m. Saturday.

Two main actors, Kim So-yeon (L) and Song Yoon-ah (R), pose for photos during a press conference of the new TV series "Secret Mother" in Seoul on May 11, 2018. (Yonhap)

Two main actors, Kim So-yeon (L) and Song Yoon-ah (R), pose for photos during a press conference of the new TV series "Secret Mother" in Seoul on May 11, 2018. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

In the article above it is said that this drama will have 32 episodes. Viki also mentioned that it is a 32 episodes drama. There are other sources that mention 40 episodes (and I kind of wish it will be true :tongue:) but it seams that Viki and this article have more accurate information.

Press conference full video on You Tube

Long preview

I hope they will officially release it on You tube

I really like the opening. I watched every second of this poor quality video and I want more. :D I am so excited for the premiere.

Kim So Yeon arriving at the press conference hall and she saw the rice whreats for a moment. 

Song Jae rim thanking his fans for the rice whreath

Spoiler

Son Seung Woo

V live videos

Spoiler

Archived