SBS DRAMA 2018

SECRET MOTHER 시크릿마더

WE48413884_ori.jpg

Drama: Secret Mother

Hangul: 시크릿마더

Genre: mystery, thriller

Network: SBS

Episodes:32

Director: Park Yong-Soon (49 Days, Divorce Lawyer in love, Wanted)

Writer: Hwang Ye Jin

Release Date: May 12, 2018- July 7, 2018

Runtime: Saturdays 20:55-23:15 (140 minutes per episode| 4 consecutive of 35 minute episodes per Saturday, following drama Good Witch)

Production Company:Story Works

OST:

part 1- Car, the Garden (카더가든 )- Nothing

part 2- Kim Sa Wal - Perfect Love

part 3 Riwon- See

part 4 Kim Sa Wol (김사월) - Day and Night 낮과 밤

part 5 Gu Yoon Hoe - You in Memory

part 6 Lee Hyuk- Beside You

Official site:http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/secretmother/about/53546

Other site:http://asianwiki.com/Secret_Mother

Naver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Mother

http://www.koreandrama.org/secret-mother/

Watch with subtitles:  https://www.viki.com/tv/35869c-secret-mother

Watch LIVE: http://aqstream.com/sbs/SBS

Plot

Secret Mothers is a mystery thriller drama depicting the story of a suspicious surrogate mother who enters the home of a woman holding the secret behind her child's death.

Kim Yoon-Jin (Song Yoon-A) is a former psychiatrist. To do what is best for her husband and son, she quit her job. Kim Yoon-Jin had a daughter, but her daughter died and she carries a sense of guilt over her daughter's death. She wants the best for her son who is about to enter a university. Kim Yoon-Jin decides to hire an expert to help her son enter a good school. The expert is mysterious. (Asianwiki)

It is a womance thriller where a Gangnam tiger mom who entirely devotes her life to her son's education hires a mysterious female live-in mentor for the son's college entrance. The two women unexpectedly face secret friendship and critical moments as friends, sometimes enemies. (Viki)

Notes

Ep.21-24 did not air as originally scheduled on Saturday, June 16, 2018 due to coverage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Ep.21-24 will instead air on Saturday, June 23, 2018.

Cast

tumblr_p656vtdc6S1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_p656vtdc6S1sdd1ivo9_r2_540.png

Song Yoon-A- Kim Yoon-jin

Kim So-Yeon- Lisa Kim (Kim Eun Young)

Kim Tae-Woo- Han Jae-yul (Kim Yoon Jin`s husband)

Song Jae-Rim- Ha Jung-wan

Seo Young-Hee-Kang Hye- Kyung

Kim Jae-Hwa-Myung Hwa-sook

Oh Yeon-A- Song Ji-ae

Min Sung-Wook- Jung Sung-hwan (Kang Hye- Kyung`s husband)

Kim Byung-Ok- Lee Byung Hak( Song Ji-ae `s husband)

Ahn Sang-Woo- Yoon Seung-soo (Myung Hwa-sook`s husband)

Cha Hwa-Yeon- Park Sun-ja

Kang Sang-Won- Lee Chi-yeol
Kwon Do-Kyun - Min Tae Hwan

Son Seung-Woo- Shin Se-yeon

Kim Ye-Joon-  Han Min Jun (Kim Yoon Jin & Han Jae-yul`s son)

Lee Go-Eun- Lee Chaerin (Song Ji-ae & Lee Byung Hak`s daugther)

Choi Yoo-Ri - Jung Su-min (Kang Hye- Kyung & Jung Sung-hwan`s daugther)

Song Ji Woo -Yoon Ji Ho (Myung Hwa-sook & Yoon Seung-soo`s son)

Yum Ji-Yoon-  Han Joo Hee

Ji An-Kim Hyun Joo

Choi Hong-Il-  Seo In-su

Choi Na-rin- Kim Yoon Jin & Han Jae-yul`s daughter

Han Chul-Woo - KangHyun Chul

Character descriptions

Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoon Ah) was not only a successful doctor, but she became the head of the board of directors to her father's medical foundation. After a speedy marriage to her husband, Yoon-jin quit her position to focus on being a full time mother. She is extremely dedicated to her son's education, and hires Kim Lisa to ensure her son’s admission to a prestigious school.

Kim Eun Young/ Lisa Kim  (Kim So Yeon) is essentially a caretaker for teenagers preparing for the college entrance exam. The role of this "college admissions nanny"/ "academic surrogate mother" is making sure that their assigned person has the nutrition, health and comfort needed for optimal exam preparation. She provides warm care through the homestay she runs for those coming to study in the United States. Kim Eun Young takes on the alias of "Kim Lisa" to find someone who was like a sister to her when they grew up in an orphanage.

Ha Jung-wan (Song Jae Rim) is a homicide detective, who is blunt and who moves forward on his own accord. He doesn't like thinking too much or being too serious. He is a "one step forward and two steps back" type of person. The detective is a man who has a harsh look when it is once woken and a steadiness that goes straight to the end once it starts. He is the only person who believes in Kim Yoon-jin’s doubts about her daughter’s death and helps her find the truth behind it.

Han Jae-yeol (Kim Tae Woo) is Kim Yoon-jin's  husband. Han Jae Yeol is a man who has a captivating and intelligent demeanor. He is an elite police chief, and the youngest to climb through the ranks and reach that position after graduating from the academy. While people find him appealing, Jae-yeol makes a 180 degree turn when facing criminals.

Posters

Secret-Mother-Poster3.jpg

Secret-Mother-Poster2.jpg

Secret-Mother-Poster1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SBS courts Song Yoon-ah to headline Secret Mother

by javabeans

songyoonah_101.jpg

Will strong mother figures become our next dramaland trend? I’m all for it, if it gets powerhouse actresses like Lee Bo-young (Mother) and now Song Yoon-ah to headline bold dramatic performances.

Song Yoon-ah (The K2) is currently in talks to star in a new SBS drama titled Secret Mother, which is described as a “women’s mystery thriller.” The drama deals with a mysterious surrogate mother/nanny who enters the home of a woman holding the secret behind a child’s death. Song has been offered the role of that secret-holding woman, a doctor who gives up her career to devote herself to childrearing, becoming a stay-at-home mother. She seems cold on the outside but has an awkward side, and on her husband’s recommendation, she brings in a surrogate with whom she forms a deep friendship.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/03/sbs-courts-song-yoon-ah-to-headline-secret-mother/

Kim So Yeon In Talks To Star In New Mystery-Thriller Drama

Kim-So-Yeon.jpg

Kim So Yeon may be returning to the small screen!

On March 20, a source from her agency Namoo Actors shared, “Kim So Yeon has received an offer to appear in ‘Secret Mother’ [literal title] and is positively considering it.”

“Secret Mother” is a mystery-thriller drama that focuses on friendships between women. It explores what happens when a mysterious surrogate mother enters the household of a woman who has been hiding the fact she once had a child who passed away. Actress Song Yoon Ah is also currently in talks to star in the drama.

Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim So-yeon Considers Leading Mystery Thriller "Secret Mother"

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-so-yeon-considers-leading-mystery-thriller-secret-mother-116752.html

Song Jae Rim, Song Yoon Ah, Kim Tae Woo, And Kim So Yeon In Talks For New Drama

Song-Jae-Rim-Song-Yoon-Ah-Kim-Tae-Woo-Ki

Upcoming SBS drama “Secret Mother” (working title) is working on finalizing its cast.

See Also: Kim So Yeon In Talks To Star In New Mystery-Thriller Drama

Song Jae Rim, Song Yoon Ah, Kim Tae Woo, and Kim So Yeon are currently positively reviewing or in the final stages of considering their offers to appear in the drama.

“Secret Mother” will be a mystery-thriller drama centered around the friendship that forms when a mysterious surrogate mother enters the house of a woman who has been hiding a secret about her child’s death.

Song Yoon Ah has been offered the role of a former doctor turned full-time housewife and mother named Kim Yoon Jin. After taking on her father’s position as the director of a medical foundation after his death, she married her husband after she became pregnant. If she accepts this offer, it will be Song Yoon Ah’s return to TV screens after two years since tvN’s “The K2.”

Kim Tae Woo, who currently appears in KBS’s “Mystery Queen 2,” has been offered the role of a police chief who graduated from the police academy with honors and is also Song Yoon Ah’s on-screen husband.

Song Jae Rim is considering the role of Ha Jung Hwan, a homicide detective who is blunt, contemplative, and sees things through with his actions.

As previously reported, Kim So Yeon is considering an offer in the drama as well. It has now been shared that her role would be Lisa Kim, who is a surrogate mother to children studying abroad in the United States and living in her homestay.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/23/song-jae-rim-song-yoon-ah-kim-tae-woo-kim-yeon-talks-new-drama/

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim Tae-woo and Song Jae-rim Might Join Song Yoon-ah and Kim So-yeon in "Secret Mother"

2018/03/21 | 773 views |  | Permalink

photo957205.jpg

The ladies possibly joining upcoming mystery thriller "Secret Mother" may have possibly found their gents, as Kim Tae-woo and Song Jae-rim join the consideration game of positively reviewing roles for the drama. Additionally, we have some new character information about all the main characters.

Kim Tae-woo is up for the role of Han Jae-yeol, Kim  Yoon-jin's (Song Yoon-ah) husband. Jae-yeol is described as a man who has a captivating and intelligent demeanor. He is an elite police chief, and the youngest to climb through the ranks and reach that position after graduating from the academy. While people find him appealing, Jae-yeol makes a 180 degree turn when facing criminals. Of course he does, because Kim Tae-woo loves his jerks.

Song Jae-rim is considering the role of homicide detective Ha Jeong-wan. Jeong-wan is a man who is blunt and who moves forward on his own accord. He doesn't like thinking too much or being too serious. He is a "one step forward and two steps back" type of person, but his hotheadedness makes him go all the way to the end when he's determined.

We also have a bit more information on Song Yoon-ah's character. Kim  Yoon-jin was not only a successful doctor, but she became the head of the board of directors to her father's medical foundation, following the man's accident. After a speedy marriage to her husband, Yoon-jin quit her position to focus on being a full time mother. I wonder what this means about her relationship with her husband.

Kim So-yeon would play Kim Eun-young, whose foreign name is Lisa Kim, according to previously released information. Her role description is definitely an odd one, but not so much for a society as focused on academic success as South Korea.

More https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-tae-woo-and-song-jae-rim-might-join-song-yoon-ah-and-kim-so-yeon-in-secret-mother-116803.html

I am happy that we have a women centric drama who explores their firendship. I love both actresses. I hope they will have a pictorial together to promote the drama. :tongue:

New informations about Song Yoon ah`s character. She is a former psychiatrist  and her daughter died in an accident. She is feeling guilty for the incident. So, she will have lots of pain in her heart.

image_readtop_2018_191479_15220231473251

Song Yoon-a's agency, Snowball Entertainment, said on May 26, "Song Yoon-a has finally decided to appear on the SBS weekend drama" Secret Mother, "which is scheduled to air in May. 'Secret Mother' is a woman mystery thriller drama depicting the story of a surrogate mother who enters the home of a woman who has a secret in her child's death.
The two women who keep their secrets are going to go to the center of their own life, not just 'mom', going through friendship and crisis to see if they are comrades.

Kim Yoon-jin (Song Yoona) is a former psychiatrist  who devotes herself to child education with every plan. She is a person who is attracted to everyone by her marital harmony and affinity, unlike the simple and sophisticated appearance. In order to forget the guilty feeling of her daughter's death as an incident in the drama, she plays the 'Gangnam Rising Heart', a question of extreme devotion to the family and the son. (Google translation)

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?sc=30000001&year=2018&no=191479

Kim Tae Woo. My ajusshi loves! I like watching him in dramas. From the description sounds like he's good guy hubby but don't anger him he'll turn into bstard police who'll assault those criminals.  Thank larus for this thread. I'm also intrigue by the story plot. I'm going to check this.

5 hours ago, jongski said:

Kim Tae Woo. My ajusshi loves! I like watching him in dramas. From the description sounds like he's good guy hubby but don't anger him he'll turn into bstard police who'll assault those criminals. 

I am found of both Kim Tae Brothers myself. Kim Tae Woo was first on the top of my list for leading men. The next day I read the news that he received the offer. :D I was half joking half serious on Black thred when I said that I want Kim Tae Woo in black suits, playing a cop again. I did not see  him enough there. He doesn`t appear in Mystery Queen 2 enough either. 

It doesn`t matter if he will be a nice guy or not but from description it seams that he will play a good guy.  We don`t have one officer of the law but two. It is a mystery thriller and both the women are not that "innocent". :lol: I have a feeling the villian will be the "nanny/ academic surrogate mother" played by Kim SoYeon. I am so curious what secret he is keeping, what she is doing that everyone start to suspect her.

We don`t have the episode number yet. I think it will be a 24 episode drama but let see.

March 26 2018

Song Yoon-A cast in SBS drama series “Secret Mother”

Secret_Mother-a00.jpg

Song Yoon-A is cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Secret Mother” (literal title). The drama series will air on Saturday evenings beginning May 12, 2018 in South Korea. In the drama series, Song Yoon-A will play Kim Yoon-Jin. She is a former psychiatrist, but she is now focused on her family. She wants to help her son enter a good college and hires a mysterious expert to help him. Kim So-Yeon has been offered the role of the mysterious expert and she is positively considering the offer. Kim Tae-WooSong Jae-Rim and Seo Young-Hee have all been offered major supporting character roles and they are positively considering.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/song-yoon-a-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-secret-mother

The interest in the drama Secret Mother is increasing. 

tumblr_p656vtdc6S1sdd1ivo4_r1_500.jpg

Google translate of an article

'Secret Mother' is a woman mystery thriller drama depicting the story of a surrogate mother entering the home of a woman who has a secret in her child's death. First of all, it is expected that it will cause a big repercussions because it deals with the new term 'entrance exam surrogate mother', which means the `nanny '.

Particularly, entrance examination is one of common concern in Korea regardless of sex. Most of them have experienced entrance examination and have to experience it in the future. There are also many opportunities to be interested in either your own or your child's admission.

In addition, it seems that the interest of the viewers remains because the parents' overheated enthusiasm to send their children to the prestigious universities is revealed nakedly in the drama. In addition, there is a sense of distance in current trends such as new words such as "surrogate mother of an entrance exam", which many people do not yet see, and it is a matter of watching how much consensus the drama will achieve.

However, apart from the material of the entrance surrogate mother, 'Secret Mother' is expected to become a tense drama of the two heroines. It is likely to catch the hearts of viewers at once with the absorbing actors Song Yoon Ah and Kim So Yeon's chemistry.

Song Yoon-a will serve as a full-time housewife Kim Yoon-jin to work as a doctor and then to become a full-time housewife, while Kim So-yeon will serve as an enrolling nanny Kim Eun-young to run a homestay program. Secret Mothers are hoping to unfold their secrets and wounds by sharing their secrets and wounds with friendships and crises that both women have their secrets. 'Is scheduled to follow in May.

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/615415

I am glad that there is a new aspects in the weekend dramas. Like the article said, entrance examination is one of common concern in Korea. I heard about an old drama that deals with a similar concept,  entrance examination   (Kang Nam Mom, SBS 2007 debates over the education frenzy of Gangnam moms ) and I saw in recent Mystery Queen 2 an episode dealing with people preparing for exams. I was shocked to see so much competition, determination and effort for people to succeed.  Kim Eun Young (Soyeon`s character) is running a homestay for young people who wants to enter college. I wonder what secret Eun Young has. She was a mother once, she gave up her child for addoption? Why "Secret Mother"?   Kim Yoon Jin ( Song Yoona) is a mother and she has a secret regarding her daughter`s death. Why not naming the drama The Secret of a Mother or Mother`s Secret?  I know that I think too much about a title but I want to see this drama soon.:)

Hi, I'm a fan of Actress Song Yoona, Actress Kim So Yeon and Actor Song Jae Rim. I really hope that all of them has confirmed to join this great project. :wub:

Btw, seems that the team had a script reading session today at Yangpyeong.

One of the cast is from Willent - Actress Sohn Seung Woo

https://www.instagram.com/misssohn/?hl=en

1 hour ago, _sofie_ said:

Hi, I'm a fan of Actress Song Yoona, Actress Kim So Yeon and Actor Song Jae Rim. I really hope that all of them has confirmed to join this great project. :wub:

Btw, seems that the team had a script reading session today at Yangpyeong.

One of the cast is from Willent - Actress Sohn Seung Woo

Thanks for the news. I am not surprised that they had the script reading. This drama will be broadcast in May 12 so there is so little time. I think all the actors are confirmed and they will be announced officially soon.

I thought we`ll have more news about this drama this week but nothing yet. I wonder if that child actress is playing the Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoona)` daughter, the one who died. We`ll have flashbacks? 

Another picture with the script.

The comment

Let's run once again  # Secret mother # Great gift  # Weekend script reading

Is the newbie actor Kang Sang-won cast in this drama? I am thinking that maybe he will play the son of Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoona) and han Jae Yul (Kim Tae woo). 

On 3/25/2018 at 10:24 PM, larus said:

SBS courts Song Yoon-ah to headline Secret Mother

They had me at this news and now that Kim So Yeon, Song Jae Rim (It's a little 2 Weeks reunion:D) I'm just so happy about this drama. It sounds intriguing, I would love to watch KSY play a villain, happy that SJR isn't playing a psycho killer, gosh I almost forgot about Kim Tae Woo . This cast is great. 

Song Jae Rim confirmed to join drama Secret Mother.

30000597938_1280.jpg

Song Jae-rim plays the role of a homicide detective, Hwang Jung-wan, who has a sense of strangeness and a sense of obedience when he or she is stuck in one. Ha Jung-wan is the only person who believes in Kim Yoon-jin (Song Yoon-ah) who has questioned her daughter's death. She will help her to break the truth and lead the important flow of the drama as an assistant to solve the intertwined threads .

http://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004693680

We have more information about the plot. So, the detective will investigate Kim Yoon Jin`s daughter death in the present.  Maybe she is recently dead. (I susspected that). The detective is her only ally? It is obvious that "admission surrogate mother"/admission examiner is the prime suspect. :D It is suspect that the husband will be the one who recomends her. Are they plotting together? Is the child really dead? I don`t know how they will play the friendship between women in this drama (I really want to see that), but I hope there will be not another Ms Perfect/ Perfect Wife. Give us something different. Hope they don`t make the "nanny" a phycho who has the plan to be in Yoon Jin`s shoes and the husband is the clueless one. Give us a good mystery. Maybe it is close to The Lady in Dignity. 

I found translation of one of the articles.

Song Jae Lim @jaelim_song , confirmed starring in 'Secret Mother'..to act with Song Yoon Ah . ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
(Seoul = News 1) Reporter Kim Min-ji
Actor SJL turns into a criminal homicide detective. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
According to agency SM C & C on the April 2nd, SJL recently has confirmed his appearance in SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Mother' (play Hwang Ye Jin, director Park Yong Soon). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
'Secret Mother' is a Womance Mystery Thriller drama that depicts the story of a mysterious surrogate mother whom entering the home of a woman who has kept a secret about her child's death. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In particular, it is a work that is drawing attention as it features a new word "Surrogate Mother for Entrance Examination" which means "A surrogate mother who is responsible for other children's college admission based on the experience of enrolling them in a prestigious school." ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
SJL plays the role of a homicide detective "Ha Jung Wan", who has is rough / outspoken and has a sense of simplicity and honesty. A man who will only look straight ahead when he is pinned to one.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Ha Jung Wan is the only person who believes in Song Yoon Ah (Kim Yun-jin) who has doubts about her daughter's death. He will help her to dig into the truth and lead the important flow of the story by playing an important role in helping her unraveling the tangled threads between characters.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
SJL was recently been cast on JTBC's "Clean With Passion for Now" and followed by "Secret Mother". He has previously making his appearance known to the general cable TV network and TV broadcasters as well as playing a full-length and terrestrial episode. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Secret Mother" is the reminder of his transformation into a charismatic detective. Expectations are growing among viewers due to his upcoming performance.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Meanwhile, "Secret Mother" is going to broadcast for the first time in May following "Good Witch". ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Gtrans/Naver Trans.

10 hours ago, evie7 said:

They had me at this news and now that Kim So Yeon, Song Jae Rim (It's a little 2 Weeks reunion:D

It sounds intriguing, I would love to watch KSY play a villain, happy that SJR isn't playing a psycho killer,

I think this time it will be the reverse situation.:lol: Song Jae Rim is the detective who will catch the culprit played by Kim So yeon. I hope they will have more scenes together than Two Weeks. :wink:

I am ready to watch Soyeon playing the villian but I am hoping for a multidimentional character, not just a phycho. But it will be a bold move to enter a home of the chief of police and with a detective on your back. Plus, the mother is a former psychiatrist. :) Unless the husband is not that innnocent himself. I am ready for the mystery.

38 minutes ago, larus said:

I think it will be the reverse situation.:lol: Song Jae Rim is the detective who will catch the culprit played by Kim So yeon. I hope they will have more scenes together than Two Weeks. :wink:

I am ready to watch Soyeon playing the villian but I am hoping for a multidimentional character, not just a phycho. But it will be a bold move to enter a home of the chief of police and with a detective on your back. Plus, the mother is a former psychiatrist. :) Unless the husband is not that innnocent himself. I am ready for the mystery.

hehe..mianhe, actually that is only rough translation that i translate using gtrans & naver trans. I'm waiting for the exact translation from other websites. ^_^

However, when I translate the article.. i came across the word 'Womance' - Womance Mystery Thriller . My english vocab is limited and when I google, the meaning of that word is similar to 'Bromance'.

A womance, also called sismance (by Dr Sarah Nicholson and Chloe Bryan only), is a close but non-sexual relationship between two or more women.[1][2][3][4][5][6] It is an exceptionally tight affectional, homosocial female bonding relationship exceeding that of usual friendship, and is distinguished by a particularly high level of emotional intimacy.

The word womance is a portmanteau of the words woman and romance.

- wikipedia

Thus, probably Soyeon is not a villain?

12 minutes ago, _sofie_ said:

hehe..mianhe, actually that is only rough translation that i translate using gtrans & naver trans. I'm waiting for the exact translation from other websites. 

First, thank you for the translation. I think it was a good translation. I used Google translation and I got the same sense.

The detective played by Song Jae Rim is the only one who believes in Kim Yoon Ah, as she has questioned her daughter`s death. Originally, I thought that Kim Yoon Jin  has a guilt because she might have caused her daughter`s accident but now I don`t think it is the case. The mystery is around that case. Initially, I thought that the daughter`s death was in the past and I was thinking what other mystery will take place that the detective will be involved. Now that the synopsis said that the detective (Song Jae Rim ) will help her discover the mystery about her daughter`s case, I don`t think she is really guilty of anything. It would have been interesting if she indeed had the guilt over that incident.

27 minutes ago, _sofie_ said:

Thus, probably Soyeon is not a villain?

So far it is just speculation and a long track of watching kdramas. We all know how those drama works. :lol:

I don`t know if she is the villian or not but I will be disapointed if the womance reference in the synopsis was just a decoy. I really want to see the real friendship between women in this drama. We know so little about Soyeon`s character. Let see the other two character`s information first. If Kim Yoon Jin was a psychiatrist, maybe she knew Kim Eun Young (Kim So Yeon) as a patient in the past, maybe there will be enough suspicions that she will become a prime suspect but maybe she is not the mastermind. Either she is guilty or not, I wish they gave us a deep conection between women with real emotion involved and not just a psycho trying to take the other woman`s place. I saw so many similar concepts. But let see what the writer and this drama has to offer. So far, there is a lot of potential. We ...Stay tooned!

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

I am excited at SJR’s confirmation . I also find the premise of the drama interesting & Unique.  @larusthis is an unusual genre for a weekend drama especially where SBS are concerned. They could be taking a leaf from MBC’s successful run with Money Flower.  Is it possible though to do 50eps with this sort of storyline? Or are we expecting less ? 

Maybe for SBS it will be something new but I think there were  weekend dramas that were not family dramas (in other channel anyway).  I doubt this drama will have 50 episodes. It is a mystery thriller so we`ll have maximum 24 episode. Money Flower had 24 episodes also. I see that SBS cut the episodes in two halves. I say 20 or 24 episodes (in the old format). It could be 16 but because it is an weekend drama I say this drama will be a medium length.

Kim So-yeon decided to make her next film with SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Mother' (drama Hwang Ye Jin / director Yong Soon Park) scheduled to broadcast in May. 'Secret Mother' is a dramatic drama about the story of a surrogate mother entering the home of a woman who has a secret in her child's death. Kim So - yeon takes on the role of Kim Eun - young, an adolescent nanny of affectionate personality, and breathes with another female heroine Song Yoon - ah.

1522713274_1339518.jpg

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15227132741339518002

I am a little dissapointed that we have this brief news about the confirmation. I wish I read more information about her role. I guess they keep it short because her character is mysterious, hide some secrets. They can`t divulge all the secrets before hands, especially if she will play the one who will be suspisious, a prime suspect.  :tongue:

I am happy to see her on screen again.

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Song Jae-rim Confirms Appearance in "Secret Mother"

2018/04/02 | 325 views |  | Permalink

photo961481.jpg

After Song Yoon-ah's confirmation for "Secret Mother", Song Jae-rim joins her as perhaps the only ally to her heroine's plight. The actor has confirmed his role as a detective who will play a key role in sorting out what looks like a very messy family's past.

Song Jae-rim plays Detective Ha Jung-wan, a man who gains a sense of duty when he latches on to a case, taking it all the way to the end. Jung-wan is the only person who believes Kim Yoon-jin (Song Yoon-ah), who has doubts about her daughter's death. He plays a key role in helping her uncover the truth and unravel the tangled web connecting the characters.

I've been wondering who would be the one suspicious about the child's death, but while I thought the caretaker mother would be the one looking into it, it seems that Yoon-jin is the one with the doubts. I'm curious about the whole thing, since it was previously stated that Yoon-jin herself feels guilty due to her involvement in the death.

more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-song-jae-rim-confirms-appearance-in-secret-mother-117202.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We know that the drama had a script reading. And there is other confirmations for the cast but why they promote so little in the media? No new information about the drama. We don`t even know how many episodes this drama has.

So far they released information about the good guys.

If Kim Yoon Jin has doubts about her daughter's death it is possible that her daughter to be alive. Who has an interest to kidnap a child and make her mother think she is dead? Not to mentioned that the father is the chief of police. The key point to figure out the plot for me is the other two characters. I want the  informations for Kim Soyeon and Kim Tae Woo`s characters. I know they will use ambigious description and  they give us just the tip of the aisberg for their description but I still want to read them. They will be my badies in this show?

If there wasn`t the mention that the women will form a deep friendship (hope they mean that and not one of them pretending to be a friend) I almost have guessed the plot. Now, I wonder... They did a good job making the mystery work.:lol:

No news today either.

I see that the production company for Secret Mother is The Story Works, who is a SBS family company,  who provides in-house drama production. Other SBS dramas produced by story Works are Return, The Village: Achiara's Secret, Falsify, Defendant, Ghost, to name a few who had a similar genre. 

I watched all of the above, except Ghost who is on my watching list but never have time to watch it. For their entire list I watched 7 out of 12. :D

Secret Mother gave me a little vibe as The Village:Achiara`s Secret and I like it. I wish they give us a good character connection,  make us be able to connect to the characters on a personal level. I hope this newbie writer makes the characters real and interesting, to bring them to life. 

Fingers crossed.

Archived