[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

On 5/8/2018 at 1:26 PM, larus said:

Second, more important, we saw a major development of the drama. So, the person who falls into the pool is Kim Eun young (Kim So yeon). I am surprised. So, we`ll know how the drama will end and then they will show how they will get there?

There is an old movie called Sunset Boulevard that starts that way. It's a classic film noir, it starts out w/William Holden's character face down in the pool. The movie shows how he got there. It is one of my all time favorites. I hope this means we are in store for a dark story w/some twists in it. I like all 4 leads, they all can act.  I can't wait to watch this one. Is this drama going to have 2 episodes back to back or will we get 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,  gentle reminder to please put the 4th image ( Picture , YT , IG, Twitter) onwards in spoiler . 

@Lolarita Can you please do that for your previous post? I have difficulty editing it for you. Thanks 

—//—

Song Jae Rim, Song Yoon Ah, And More Reveal Each Other As The Reason They Chose To Appear In “Secret Mother” 

Secret-Mother4.jpg

The cast of upcoming SBS drama “Secret Mother” expressed excitement about working with together.

Kim Tae Woo said, “I really liked that Song Yoon Ah was doing [the drama] and secondly, I liked that Kim So Yeon was going to do it.”

He joked, “My one moment of hesitation was that Song Jae Rim was going to do it. I thought about it for a little while.”

He added, “It’s my first time working with them, and I was really happy that they both said they were going to do it.”

Song Yoon Ah commented, “I think Kim Tae Woo just misspoke. Kim Tae Woo was cast first. They said he would appear as my husband, so I said, ‘Oh.’ He’s an actor who I really wanted to work with.”

She continued, “The script makes you really curious. Beside the point of being fun or not fun, it made me so curious. After that, I was really really happy that Kim So Yeon was cast.”

She added, “My heart fluttered a bit when Song Jae Rim said that he’d be on it. He’s so handsome. I was excited about the chemistry with a younger man.”

Song Jae Rim stated, “My ranking is third from the bottom. I’m learning a lot [from the seniors]. I’m learning something about their hot passion and venting myself. I get a lot of inspiration watching them work hard on set and it gives me a lot of motivation. It’s a good working environment.”

Kim So Yeon commented, “It’s not common to portray two opposite characters in one drama, but I really liked that I was given that opportunity. I found out through articles, but when Song Yoon Ah said that she was going to do it, my heart overflowed with feelings of wanting to do it together.”

“Secret Mother” is a mystery-thriller that will tell the story of what happens when a mysterious surrogate mother enters the home of a mother who’s passionate about her son’s education.

“Secret Mother” will premiere on May 12 at 8:55 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/11/song-jae-rim-song-yoon-ah-reveal-reason-chose-appear-secret-mother/

@evie7   they gonna air both episode on Saturdays :wink: ye seems like it gonna be dark story with rich people in the middle, and a social commentary on heigh competition for school kids to get good grades. maybe like you say they gonna start the show with the murder and track back to unfold what happened. it is not uncommon story technique for korean drama to.    

@Lolarita To put in spoiler , there’s an “eye” icon on the buttons bar . So you can click on the icon & then add your images etc inside it

———-

Kim Tae Woo, Song Yoona and Kim So yeon had a radio interview today.They appeared in Choi Hwajeong's Power Time radio program.

Spoiler

JWide Company released more pictures from the poster shooting with Soyeon

Spoiler

Song Jae Rim during Secret Mother press conference day

Today is the D Day. I can`t wait.

There are so many pictures :heart:

Videos from V Live

Song Yoona is handsome and Kim Tae woo is pretty. :lol:

Spoiler

In the first broadcast SBS drama "Secret mother" Kwon Doo-kyun

Kang Sang Won

Secret Mothers' first room, opens the door with an unusual murder case

2018051301001094700083091.jpg

SBS 's drama "Secret Mother" (play Hwang Ye - jin, director Yong Soon Park) opens the first meeting with an unexpected shocking murder case.

'Secret Mothers', who is on a hot topic before the airing, finally takes off the veil tonight (tonight) on the night of the night with a great combination of actors such as Song Yoon Ah, Kim So Yeon, Kim Tae Woo, Song Jae Rim, 'Secret Mothers', which draws a detailed and thrilling truth-telling game of suspicious hot-blooded mothers, caretakers, and surrounding people around Daechi-dong Townhouse,

A total of four people climb to the top of the suspects. Kim Yoon-jin (Song Yoon-jae), who has become a full-time mentalist, has been boldly resigning from his job to concentrate on her son's education. The four women who live in the same townhouse are the ones who are going to be named after the suspects. They are Gangnam Mom. We face a major crisis with a surprise incident at a parent charity party.
Lisa Kim pulls the secrets from the townhouses one by one, and tightens the breath of those who can not speak. The presence of Lisa Kim, who is somewhat suspicious of somewhere, is expected to induce endless tension and conflict in the drama.

'Secret Mother' is the work of a novelist, Hwang Yejin. Hwang Ye-jin, who has been interested in Gangnam's education, has been showing the reality of the Korean education through the fresh and fresh material called the entrance exam, but also will convey the message of comfort and healing to all the mothers of this era. In particular, Director Yongsoon Park's delicate and sensuous performance and actors' brilliant performance are expected to add vitality to the message that the artist wishes to bring to the audiences.

(Google translation- Sorry. I don`t have time to understand something from this raw translation. I put it how it is)

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201805130100109470008309&servicedate=20180512

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110900453

Song Yoon-a, Kim So-yeon and Kim Tae-woo raised expectations for 'Secret Mother'.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180512

SBS Power FM, which was broadcasted on December 12, featured Song Yoon Ah, Kim So Yeon, and Kim Tae Woo, starring SBS drama Secret Mothers, in the special episode of Choi Hwajung`s Power Time.

The heroines of 'Secret Mother', who is about to be the first to broadcast on this day, came to 'Choi Hwajung'program and made an hour full of wonderful conversation.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201805121319471406433_1

Pictures from filming

Spoiler

The child actress who plays the role of Yoon Jin`s daughter in front of SBS bus and with on screen dad, Kim Tae Woo

Spoiler

Secret Garden OST part 1

CAR,THE GARDEN(카더가든- Nothing

The unique and attractive voice of  'Car, the Garden' participates in this OST and maximizes the sophisticated yet dreamy sound. Feel 'Nothing' in a sensible tone.

I love this OST. I hope we`ll hear more beautiful songs.

Kim So Yeon on poster  and trailer shooting

Spoiler

Kang Hye Kyung (Seo Young Hee) and the swimming instructor Min Tae Kwan (Kwon Do Kyun)

The kids who plays brother and sister . Cute!

39 minutes ago, Lolarita said:

Anyone have links to watch the drama live? please share and thank you 

SSo Fanpage posted a link with live steaming. Here

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더 - Saturdays @ 8:55 KST - Premiers on May 12th

Starting... The fact that I don't understand but I'm watching it right now  the live broadcast. ep 1.. who fell in the pool  and got all bloody?

Edit to add: what the heck KSY looks sexy in that white stiletto skinny jeans and white blouse. She appears mysterious but she's got that past.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Starting... The fact that I don't understand but I'm watching it right now  the live broadcast. ep 1.. who fell in the pool  and got all bloody?

Eun Young / Lisa Kim (played by Kim So yeon) fell in the pool. She is the woman who  came to Yoon Jin`s house to help her son get better grades at school.

OK. Just finished the first four episodes. I realised in the few seconds that they are going to begin with the "murder" of Lisa Kim and the four women were the suspects. I want to watch with subtitles because I don`t get the details. I am glad that Eun Young did not die. At least she was not dead after they took her out of the pool.

I believe Yoon Jin was not the one who stabbed her but let see who really did it. Because of the spolers, I already know why Song Ji-Ae (Oh Yeon Ah) dissapear when Lisa appeared at school. :D  She was a former hostess in the past and Eun Young and her sister knew her from when she was poor. I have to see what the swimming pool instructor and Kang Hye-Kyung`s affair is going to develop. The young man is doing everything Ji Ae is telling him to do. I realised on the spot what was her plan when Min Tae-Hwan took Min Jun. :lol: Min Jun`s father ruined  the plan.

Yoon Jin was desperate to find something when she saw Lisa all bloody. I guess she was asking about her child.

I saw that the detective Ha Jung-Wan came up with a name of the suspect. It was Kim Eun young`s name. I don`t think she has something to do with Yoon Jin`s daughter`s disappearance but her sister did something that night. Maybe she used Eun Young`s car. 

Han Jae-Yeol seams to be a good man who loves his family. He found Lisa familiar for a moment and we know why but I am curious about their past story.

I will comment more after I watch the drama with subtiltes. Usually I don`t watch kdramas without subtitles unless I can`t wait to see it because of my girl. :tongue:

I am listening to the OST again. I love it.

Secret Mother was number 1 on Naver search . I hope Korean audience will have a good reaction to the drama.

Someone recorded a short video from shooting.

I think it was the scene  where Yoon Jin took her son from school.

Other pictures from filming

@larus Thanks for  brief recap. I'm not really familiar with Kim So Yeon.  Actually all the actors here, except Kim Tae Woo and Song Jae Rim. (They were together in Goodbye Mr. Black). I know she's that actress with Jung Kyung Ho drama.  From watching the raws, I like this better than Mistress.  Actors and story and mystery wise.  Is this sub by Viki? I'll be waiting.

Just now, jongski said:

@larus Thanks for  brief recap. I'm not really familiar with Kim So Yeon.  Actually all the actors here, except Kim Tae Woo and Song Jae Rim. (They were together in Goodbye Mr. Black). I know she's that actress with Jung Kyung Ho drama.  From watching the raws, I like this better than Mistress.  Actors and story and mystery wise.  Is this sub by Viki? I'll be waiting.

Kocowa is subbing this, and they are quite fast and reliable

Spoiler

Thanks for the summary @larus

Yes OST is great...got that nice melo vibe...

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Is this sub by Viki? I'll be waiting.

Just like @triplem said, Kocowa is subbing this drama but VIki will have the subtiltes, maybe from them. Usually VIKi is subbing in different languages but there are shows (just like Secret Mother) that have been uploaded to Viki with English subtitles already included and they can`t translate it in other languages. I am happy that we`ll have translations.  They will be fast so it is even better.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Yes OST is great...got that nice melo vibe...

Thanks for the download links. I am in love with this OST. I think I lost count how many times I listen to it. :tongue:

preview

I think we`ll have a spoiler with these pictures or maybe better to say we have a confirmation.:D

Ji An and child actress Choi Na Rin

Ji An commented "I am very tired of taking pictures until late at night.
I wish I had a daughter like this."

I suspected that Eun Young`s sister took Yoon Jin`s daughter.  We know that she was engaged with Han Jae Yeol in the past. I believe that because she was a orphan , she had abandonment issues and she took the break up pretty bad. She wore the engagement ring  as a necklace so she never move on even after almost ten years.

I watched the first four episodes again, with subtitles this time. I realised that I understood very well the plot but I got some answers too.

First... the pressure on the academic results of the children is high. They have this tight schedules and have lots of school activities but when they have time for themselves,  to play or bond with other children for exemple? They are children after all. Soyeon said at the press conference that she hopes the drama will bring awardness on the ill effects of excesive competitive educational system. The Gangnam mothers have an unspoken competition between them too. Sometimes the drama makes it funny but, in essence, it is sad what is happening. The four mom that we met here, all have something to hide, to hide their weaknesses and to pretend that everything is allright in their lives.

The question is not who wanted Lisa or Eun Young dead but who actually stabbed her? What happned there at the event? For me, none of the Gangnam moms are guilty but we`ll see what really happened that night. It was an accident or not? Song Ji-Ae and Myung Hwa-Sook had blood on them but I think they got in a physical fight with each other. Kang Hye-Kyung`s reaction was more suspicious than the others and she was the only one they did not show with stains of blood. 

Gangnam moms told the detective Han Jung Hwan that there was a rumor that Lisa Kim was having an affair with Min Jun`s dad and they are putting a suspisious on Yoon Jin as she had the strongest reason to be upset and she had the oportunity too. They saw her at the top of the building from where Lisa has fallen.   From Yoon jin`s reaction, she found out recently that Lisa approached her with an ulterior motive but she doesn`t know why. I am glad that Eun Young did not die after the fall, and I think the drama will show us the events from the present. I hope Lisa/Eun young won`t die. She was hurt before she felt but she was hurt when she hit the bottom of the pool with her head as well.

I don`t think Lisa and Han Jae Yeol were having an affair. Yoon Jin said that she was aware of the rumor and she doesn`t seem to botter about it but she wants desperately some answers (Why did  Lisa appoach her?). I think she witnessed herself some awkward situation between the private tutor and her husband but I am sure the two women had a discution about that. Eun Young and Jae Yeol had a past, and I am hoping they will sort things out as well. He hurt her sister and I don`t think she forgave him about that.

About Jae Yeol... as I said he seems to be a good man. He is hurting too after the disappearance of his daughter. He seems to genuine care about his wife. It was said that this drama is about people making mistakes and regretting those mistakes, it is about healing. Jae Yeol did make a mistake when he broke Hyun Joo`s heart, maybe he made other mistakes too but I don`t think he is the villain. I wish he and Yoon Jin will get their daughter back and start to heal their wounds.

About Eun Young... I totally understand why she wants to do everything to find her sister. Just like Hyun Joo, she has a fear of abandonment too and now doesn`t know why her sister dissapeared, why her sister left without a word. It is a mystery that she need to solve. The private investigator doesn`t want to dig further. It is a set up by the writer (but it makes sense) to be around Yoon Jin and to discover thinks with her as an audience. Her sister was a patient in Yoon Jin`s hospital  under her name. Maybe she wanted to be approach Yoon Jin and she needed another identity. Now Yoon Jin is a suspect in the old case and she knows nothing about it but she will figure it out first. I think she will realise that her sister took Min Joo and that`s why she dissapered. I like the scenes between Yoon Jin and Eun Young already and there is potential for their relationship to grow. Eun Young will discover Yoon Jin bit by bit and it will be harder later to tell her the truth. Eun Young will have a moral decision. To do what is right and help Yoon Jin find Hyun Joo and Min Joo or to protect her sister at any cost.

Despite their creepy encounter (set up):wink:, I hope these two will start a meaningful relationship.

I believe the OST is telling their story.

"Please don`t tell me nothing gonna change./ I am still here to stay for you." 

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo2_540.png

And it is started...

1Us5ug.gif&key=96853851f72568c359f27d69a

Archived