[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

A few thoughts about episodes 5-8. I will comment more (maybe) after I will watch with subtitles.

1. Both our leading men were heroes these episodes (they rescue a woman in tough situations). Han Jae Yeol saved Shin Se Yeon, Yoon Jin`s colleague twice. :lol: Ha Jung Wan showed his fighting skills. He was so cool.

Indeed Shin Se Yeon has a crush on Han Jae yeol, and it will be interesting to know if it will be one sided crush. :D

I think I will try to forget the informations I read before the drama start airing. There are accurate informations but there are others who will confuse me more.

2. We found out that Min Joo was indeed kidnapped. But I am still confused why there was a hit and run incident, why there is a funeral picture for Min joo.... I feel like we have to find more information.

After Eun Young thought that something bad happened with her sister, I think she suspects now that she had something to do with Min Joo`s dissaperance or maybe she still don`t know that.

3. She doesn`t need to be inside Yoon Jin`s house anymore (in my opinion) but she will come back for Min Jun.

BTW, she should teach Min Jun French because English is not her forte. :lol:

4. The Gangnam moms being the suspects is a weak point in my opinion. They were never really a serious suspects anyway. Let be just a distraction but what is important to be explored properly.

My favorite scene:

- The disguise of Lisa and Min Jun.

- Father -son moment

- The discusion between Yoon Jin and Jae Yeol (even without understanding a word)

- The cool detective Ha`s fighting skills.

- Sister`s moment.

- Lisa giving Yoo jin a scarf.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched with subtiles. Some things are more clear now but not all.

The Min Ji`s case.... If I understand corectly, Min Ji was kidnapped from the hospital and later she was killed in a hit and run accident? Now, it would explain some things (the funeral picture, how Yoon Jin gave up looking for the woman in purple in the end, among other things) but why Yoon Jin is imagining to see Min Ji? She has signs of PTSD and the paralel with Shin Ye Yeon`s case from the conferrence was obvious (just like that patient who falsify their memories subcounsious as a defence mechanism) but It is just her mind? I know that it is her mind that makes her see her but there is no posibility that her daughter is alive? I wish the show don`t make it confusing. I don`t like when I start to question what they are saying. All right. I will say out loud what I know at this point. We already know who kidnapped Min Ji. We don`t know yet who was the driver in the hit and run accident. They are looking for Woman in purple, Yoon Jin`s patient who caused an incident at the hospital but they are thinking she is either a witness or the suspect of the hit and run.  (But Min Ji`s body was found, right? )

Hyun Joo, Eun Young`s sister, run away on the day she was supposed to pay back money. Dangerous people were after her so it is not hard to guess that they could be the suspects for the hit and run accident. The car was not Eun Young`s like how I thought earlier. I don`t think Hyun Joo stole the car without license plate but loan sharks/ dubious people could do that. If that car was used to killed Min Ji, what happen with Hyun Joo? She was the target in the first place. We found out more information later. 

Come back to the interogation. Gangnam moms motives.... Ji Ae had a shaddy past to hide, Hye-Kyung had an affair with the swimming instructor, Hwa-Sook had a fake divorce and Yoon Jin found out that Lisa is Eun Young. I still don`t believe any of these women pushed Eun Young over the rail.

We found out more informations about Gangnam`s moms and their family. Ji-Ae`s husband has another family. Is he a polygamist? Min Tae-Hwan is seducing a rich woman. Hwa-Sook`s husband doen`t sit well financially.

I love Lisa and Min Jun`s relationship and I am glad they are back together.

"I miss my sister so much after she suddenly disappeared. He must miss his sister so much after she suddenly disappeared too." She empathizes with his situation.

Lisa had a good influence in the life of Yoon jin and Min Jun. Yoon Jin has to start confront her problems. It was hard for Yoon Jin to deal with the tragedy but she starts to see that Min Jun did not heal properly either. He misses his sister and maybe he feels guilty because his mother took him to the bathroom and after that Min Ji disappeared. The bunny is the only thing that will keep her memory alive.

Another thing... I start to realise that Eun Young/Lisa might not know about Jae Yeol. Or she knows? We`ll see....

Detective Ha Jung Wan has the face of Eun Young. Yoon Jin will see the picture and realise that the woman she is looking for is in her house already but she is not the woman she knows. This is what happened in the night of the charity event. She confronted Eun Young about this.

I see that the rating dropped from 7.8 to 6.6 in the last episode. Fingers crossed to improve a little in the next week.

i'm really confused as to how she'd land in the water in the episode 1 when Yoon Jin denied she has anything to do with it in Episode 8 unless Lisa jumped into it herself..... oh and i love how they flashback to the past where we get to see the relationship between Hyeon Joo and Eun Young/Lisa... it somehow feels poignant at that time, seeing how the two of them is very close and all.. i hope Hyeon Joo is somewhat...still alive?

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더 - Saturdays @ 20:55 PM KST
1 hour ago, lsbsg said:

i'm really confused as to how she'd land in the water in the episode 1 when Yoon Jin denied she has anything to do with it in Episode 8 unless Lisa jumped into it herself..... oh and i love how they flashback to the past where we get to see the relationship between Hyeon Joo and Eun Young/Lisa... it somehow feels poignant at that time, seeing how the two of them is very close and all.. i hope Hyeon Joo is somewhat...still alive?

I want Hyun Joo to be alive as well. Even if she did something wrong and took Min Ji ( she was not mentally stable) I still want her to be alive. She is the only family Eun Young has. I really loved the sister `s moment in the flashback. Hyun Joo worked at infamous places to support her younger sister at school. Eun Young is a step ahead the police to find out what happen that night. Indeed there is this strange conection between Yoon Jin and Eun Young. It is intense and tragic.

We saw Yoon Jin looking down but we don`t know if she was there exactly when Lisa fell.

Yoon Jin denided that she has something to do with the fall of Lisa. She did not push her over the edge. I did not believed that she did but I thought it could have been unintentional after an argument. . Lisa could have jumped herself too but why? To not forget that there was blood on the railing. Who did hurt Lisa before she fell? The railling was high.... it is hard to believe she fell accidently. Someone pushed her or she jumped on her own. I wonder if she found her sister or she found out who was the driver in the hit and run case.

Another thing about last episodes. Park Sun Ja (Jae Yeol`s mother)did not like that Yoon Jin was trying to find the patient. She said that she worries about involving Yoon Jin and his son in the scandal but we`ll see later her real reason.

@larus Last night every other drama is dropped rating too, so I hope it not because people lost interest in the drama. 

However,  I kept reading comments from audiens and this is what I'm kinda worry as many people comments: 

1/ The drama is too depressed for weekend drama ( If this drama air in different time llike week days would be better) 

2/ Many many people complain about Song Yoon A's lips, They can't concentrate on her acting ..... 

I hope they will stick to the drama, the drama deserves higher rating ( I know we shouldn't care about it as long as we enjoy the drama, but I still hope the rating get higher as everyone working hard on set) 

20 minutes ago, Lolarita said:

The drama is too depressed for weekend drama ( If this drama air in different time llike week days would be better) 

It is not the first time there were dark/ melo dramas on weekends. I think the drama did not catch their attention. Sometimes they complain over silly things.

I think the acting is good. The drama is not perfect but has potential. I hope this newbie writer will tell the story well.

I will watch no matter what.

Just finished ep 5-8. Till now, Lisa and Han Jae Yeol seem not to have any relationship. I am wondering why there have been rumours about their affair:wacko:. Maybe it will be unveiled in next Saturday's eps. One thing I never expected is that Yoon Jin's friend has a crush on HJY. I do not think she knows he is YJ's husband. What will happen if HJY falls for her??? Will YJ end up being with the young detective? Is there any loveline for Lisa? 

I am happy that Lisa has a positive influence on both YJ and Min Joon. YJ really needs a friend like Lisa to help her overcome her grief and guilt over her daughter's death. 

@Lolaritaahaha I also notice something strange with SJA's lips. However, it did not distract me from watching drama. In ep 5-8, her lips look more natural. The story is interesting and I am satisfied with the acting of all the cast. 

1 hour ago, loveirina1 said:

Till now, Lisa and Han Jae Yeol seem not to have any relationship. I am wondering why there have been rumours about their affair

I don`t know how why there will be a rumor about Lisa and Jae Yeol but we`ll found out later. So far,  Lisa and Yoon Jin are in a "love triangle" with Min Jun. :lol:

One thing I never expected is that Yoon Jin's friend has a crush on HJY. I do not think she knows he is YJ's husband. What will happen if HJY falls for her??? Will YJ end up being with the young detective? Is there any loveline for Lisa? 

I expected that Se Yeon will have a crush on Jae Yeol. It was written on the character description but the first meeting was supposed to be at the wine bar/ restaurant something like that (something with wine). :lol:

Kim Tae Woo has a killer charm but what is Jae Yeol`s charm? He has a rumor affair with Lisa, Se Yeon has fallen for him already, he has a beautiful wife at home and another one made an obsessing over him. All those beautiful woman!  Han Jae Yeol seams to be a good man but what are his weaknesses? Is he a wolf in sheep clothes? Does he will have eyes only for his wife? We`ll see.

zKg6xP.gif

I don`t think this drama will have a classic love line. The young detective has an emotional connection with Yoon Jin. He appeared as the Prince charming sometimes (came to the rescue) but it will be more? I think they will keep it low key and let this connection be the same till the end. I read that many people wants to see the romance between them if the husband will cheat. :tongue:

For Lisa/ Eun Young... I want her to be alive in the end. Period.

I am happy that Lisa has a positive influence on both YJ and Min Joon. YJ really needs a friend like Lisa to help her overcome her grief and guilt over her daughter's death. 

I think they have a positive influence over Lisa too. She is so lonely! Without her sister, it is even harder. She already made an emotional connection with Min Jun and Yoon jin. I just hope Eun Young / Lisa will survive. I wish they overcome together the loss of their love ones.

5 hours ago, larus said:

Lisa could have jumped herself too but why? To not forget that there was blood on the railing. Who did hurt Lisa before she fell? The railling was high.... it is hard to believe she fell accidently. Someone pushed her or she jumped on her own. I wonder if she found her sister or she found out who was the driver in the hit and run case.

Another thing about last episodes. Park Sun Ja (Jae Yeol`s mother)did not like that Yoon Jin was trying to find the patient. She said that she worries about involving Yoon Jin and his son in the scandal but we`ll see later her real reason.

I believe its either one of the 3 desperate housewives other than Yoon Jin and remember Ji Ae was washing her hands that has blood on it? maybe she could have been the one who hurt Lisa... given that she wants to get rid of her so desperately and maybe while they were arguing on the rooftop, there could have been a scuffle and Lisa accidentally....got pushed down? and Yoon Jin just happened to be there listening to everything and maybe thats why she didnt want her to die but tell her what she knows

..lmao this is just my wild guess

3 hours ago, larus said:

It is not the first time there were dark/ melo dramas on weekends. I think the drama did not catch their attention. Sometimes they complain over silly things.

I think the acting is good. The drama is not perfect but has potential. I hope this newbie writer will tell the story well.

I will watch no matter what.

same!! i will definitely watch no matter what too. Kim So Yeon is one of my favorite actresses :)

54 minutes ago, lsbsg said:

I believe its either one of the 3 desperate housewives other than Yoon Jin and remember Ji Ae was washing her hands that has blood on it? maybe she could have been the one who hurt Lisa... given that she wants to get rid of her so desperately and maybe while they were arguing on the rooftop, there could have been a scuffle and Lisa accidentally....got pushed down? and Yoon Jin just happened to be there listening to everything and maybe thats why she didnt want her to die but tell her what she knows

..lmao this is just my wild guess

It was Hwa-Sook who was washing her hands. She had on the hand deep scratches from a woman nails.  Ji Ae had a little blood also on the shoulder. I believe both of them had heated argument who became a physical fight. Hye-Kyung was like a little rabbit scared because of  something or maybe shocked.

I think Yoon Jin found out about Lisa`s identity and wanted answers from her. She did not hurt Lisa intentionally that night. She did not want her to fall/ to die untill she finds the reason Lisa/ Eun young approached her.

How could the one who pushed Lisa over the railing was not seen by Yoon jin? One took the elevator and one the stairs with a perfect timing?

Let say that Yoon Jin came after Lisa`s fall, what are the odds to put the hand exactly where was the blood stain? I believe Yoon Jin was there when Lisa fell, maybe she said the truth that she did not push her.  Lisa faints after losing blood and falls? There is another suspect?  Lots of questions.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Secret Mother" Episodes 5-6

By Vasia Orion on 2018/05/20 at 17:13 PST

photo975517.jpg

Daechi-dong is drowning in secrets, and Eun-yeong is slowly dragging them out as "Secret Mother" develops. Yoon-jin is being shaken by the appearance of a witness, but her reluctance to involve those she cares about leave her with Jeong-wan as her only aid. What she does not know is that everyone is still very much involved. Meanwhile, we get to know the Daechi-dong families better, and boy are they one increasingly messed up bunch.

One of the major points of interest for me in these episodes is the mention of the ways in which post-traumatic stress disorder manifests. We can safely say that Min-ji (Choi Na-rin) has passed away, but most of the other information we have on that night and Hyeon-joo's (Ji An) involvement is based on Yoon-jin's (Song Yoon-ah) memories. If those cannot be trusted, the plot thickens

read more

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-secret-mother-episodes-5-6-118762.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

May 19, 2018

Kim So-yeon Returns with Mysterious Role in New TV Series

Source: The ChosunIlbo

2018051900311_0.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon expressed her excitement about her new TV series which began airing last week.

At a press event just ahead of the airing of its first episode, Kim said her husband Lee Sang-woo was even more excited than her about her return to acting.

"I don't know if anything has changed since I got married, but people around me tell me that I look comfortable. Maybe that is one of the good things about it," Kim said.

The series starts with a woman who is very keen to educate her son to let him go to a prestigious university, as she hires a mysterious stay-at-home teacher.

Drama fashion

Lovcat bag

MCM Mila Park Avenue

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

Spoiler

Bally bag

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo9_r2_540.png&ke

Stewart Weitzman Slingback Shoes

https://blog.naver.com/hy_chu/221277640419

SOVO shoes

Roger D'Or earrings

CTF(Chow Tai Fook) earrings

Claude Claire trench coat khaki

Kim So Yeon wearing Maxi trench coatthe Khaki version

Avouavou

AKI Classical sneakers

Bally bag

https://blog.naver.com/topnotchlady/221276398821

Kim Tae Woo and child actress Choi Yu Ri

He is like a magnet to the kids. :D

The little girl playing Yoon Jin`s daughter is adorable sweet.

Kim So yeon wearing Toykeat Classic suit indigo blue for SBS drama Secret Mother

HanCinema's Drama Review] "Secret Mother" Episodes 7-8

by Vasia Orion on 2018/05/21 at 17:45 PST

Relationships continue to be strained, and the past comes back to the forefront in episodes seven and eight of "Secret Mother". Eun-yeong faces Yoon-jin's trauma head on, and Min-joon's repressed pain shakes his mother's resolve. The Daechi-dong trio are now fully on board the efforts to get rid of the admissions tutor, while Jae-yeol's own connections to key figures start being built.

It looks like my assumption on Se-yeon's (Son Seung-woo) malpractice case being Hyeon-joo (Ji An) was wrong, although her connection to the case is still on the table for me. Putting aside a possible deeper connection to the mystery, Jae-yeol (Kim Tae-woo) seems attracted to her, which will just become an additional burden for everyone. The family is going through difficult times, so I can see how he would succumb to a way out, even if a temporary one.

More

On the 23rd, Kim So Yeon put several photos on her Instagram along with the phrase "# Lisa Kim # Secret Mother".

In the public photo, Kim is standing in front of a snack car. Kim So-yeon shows off her elegance while eating the street food.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201805240100203590015807&servicedate=20180523

Archived