OTP Bingo

Lmangla

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

next time, we do the trope list, you can put in the chaebol male lead. hahahah... but yea, since the name of the game is bingo and not clue, you will get the round 1 numbers at the start of round 2. this way, everyone can keep playing even if they are clueless! :D

so what were the 4 tropes you think? and more importantly, would you watch "door opens" based on that preview? :D

:blush:  The title of the drama itself is already one of them, right?

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

For ease of checking this is the list of tropes

Good luck all...I think we should do an event where we try and write a story using all the tropes @Lmangla

that would be pretty hilarious and make for fun reads no? thats actually a great idea for an event :lol:...

1 minute ago, Yongzura said:

:blush:  The title of the drama itself is already one of them, right?

hahaha.... you are going to start laughing but I needed a title and was wondering what to write and looked to my right and realized my room door was open and so called it "door opens" LOL :lol::lol:so, it is not actually part of the trope list. LOL

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

For ease of checking this is the list of tropes

Good luck all...I think we should do an event where we try and write a story using all the tropes @Lmangla

Thanks @triplem!!!!! Ohhh and I remember, we played this story telling game in the Add and subtract thread, didn't we??? For some celebration.... @Lmangla would know...

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:
13 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

hahaha.... you are going to start laughing but I needed a title and was wondering what to write and looked to my right and realized my room door was open and so called it "door opens" LOL :lol::lol:so, it is not actually part of the trope list. LOL

Ohh... #19 is  Out ...ahhhh

:blink: 

6 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Erhm so are we allowed to share which 5 troupes we have in mind?

:grimace: no?

yea you can... in regular bingo, people usually share and so we can do the same here. anyway, the numbers will be confirmed prior to start of round 2 and so it won't be surprise. the tickets have been computer generated and so it is not like even if you figure out a trope, you have that number on your ticket...

8 minutes ago, kokodus said:

:confused:

what happened?

Yess... @Lmangla me super super curious if my assumption (hidden) is correct... heee

Spoiler

#25 #49 #58 #78 #82

:blink:

Edit. Hahaa... kokodus is making that face at me or u?? Wait... at yr computer???!!!

kekeke... am too excited and can't wait till tomorrow to share the numbers. that is way too far away! hahahaha :sweat_smile:

only look in spoiler if you get tired of trying to figure it out....

Round 1 bingo numbers

Spoiler

The tropes were:

15 love triangle FTW NOT
25 Kdramas seem to only have 2 endings - everyone gets a happy ending or a lead dies"
58 water slap, also document slap!
78 I'm so bummed out that I/we need to go sing Karaoke
82 Characters in drama's tend to have chronic constipation and or other issues with bowels

see the tropes identified in blue.

Today's clues:
yay chingus, the new drama preview for "door opens" is out. wondering whether to check it out. so, we have male lead1 min ho and male lead2 is bin ho while female lead is yu ri. my bias is bin ho and oppa looks super hot! noooooo, will there be a triangle? so, the drama seems to be set at a nice university and they are all music students. so while studying together, they fall in love?

from the preview, it looks like yu ri will choose min ho over bin ho but this writer is twisted and may give us hope till the last episode like in her previous drama. aaah! but as long as bin ho doesn't get killed, get some disease, I can survive. why does it seem like if there isn't a happy ending, the writer has to kill off a lead? ugh.

anyway, and it looks like min ho is super rich and is a chaebol as he is driving a sports car while my oppa is taking the bus. next scene, we see yu ri and min ho's sister in a restaurant and min ho's sister just gave yu ri a water slap! omo, then, yu ri got mad and picked up her project and gave the lady a document slap! what is happening? is this a makjang??

now, in next scene, yu ri is sad from all that slapping and is singing badly in karaoke. aren't they supposed to be music students? guess, she got drunk and ate too much after all that karoake and now is having some bowel issue in the toilet. and the boys are also at the same karaoke because min ho got a scolding from his sister and also sang badly and passed out. meanwhile bin ho also had some tummy problem and runs to girl's bathroom by mistake. yu ri thinks he is a pervert and starts flicking water from the tap and trying to water slap. then, she takes tissues and tries to slap with that. guess it is supposed to be funny because OST is funny here. poor thing oppa! hahahaha... 

then, preview ends. I don't know chingus. am not sure if drama is good. what did you think of the preview for "door opens"?

Well, pity that this round leaves my bingo card as pristine as ever, but it was tons of fun to try to find the tropes and read other's guesses! Thank you, @Lmangla:kiss_wink: 

Here are my guesses:

Spoiler

15) Love triangle FTW... NOT.
25) Kdramas seem to only have 2 endings - everyone gets a happy ending or a lead dies"
58) water slap, also document slap!
78) I'm so bummed out that I/we need to go sing Karaoke
82) Characters in drama's tend to have chronic constipation and or other issues with bowels

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

[...]

Today's clues:
yay chingus, the new drama preview for "door opens" is out. wondering whether to check it out. so, we have male lead1 min ho and male lead2 is bin ho while female lead is yu ri. my bias is bin ho and oppa looks super hot! noooooo, will there be a triangle? so, the drama seems to be set at a nice university and they are all music students. so while studying together, they fall in love?

from the preview, it looks like yu ri will choose min ho over bin ho but this writer is twisted and may give us hope till the last episode like in her previous drama. aaah! but as long as bin ho doesn't get killed, get some disease, I can survive. why does it seem like if there isn't a happy ending, the writer has to kill off a lead? ugh.

anyway, and it looks like min ho is super rich and is a chaebol as he is driving a sports car while my oppa is taking the bus. next scene, we see yu ri and min ho's sister in a restaurant and min ho's sister just gave yu ri a water slap! omo, then, yu ri got mad and picked up her project and gave the lady a document slap! what is happening? is this a makjang??

now, in next scene, yu ri is sad from all that slapping and is singing badly in karaoke. aren't they supposed to be music students? guess, she got drunk and ate too much after all that karoake and now is having some bowel issue in the toilet. and the boys are also at the same karaoke because min ho got a scolding from his sister and also sang badly and passed out. meanwhile bin ho also had some tummy problem and runs to girl's bathroom by mistake. yu ri thinks he is a pervert and starts flicking water from the tap and trying to water slap. then, she takes tissues and tries to slap with that. guess it is supposed to be funny because OST is funny here. poor thing oppa! hahahaha... 

then, preview ends. I don't know chingus. am not sure if drama is good. what did you think of the preview for "door opens"?

and lurking chingus, if you think this is fun, get a ticket and join us for round 2 tomorrow okay? :)

Hmm, would I watch it? Non-fantasy or historical drama tend to need to have an extra spark in the way they are delivered in order to hook me. Give me a roaringly Funny BFF (trope 50), and I'll bite.:tongue:

EDIT: (Zelda checks the answer post. Grins with glee, and continues to practice her "Bingo!" shout.:w00t:

Spoiler

Suddenly, her neighbors start slapping her with water and documents due to noise disturbance.:vicx: The shock -yes it was definitely the shock and only the shock *cough*- sends her running to the restroom.:wacko: Later at karaoke, as she belts her bingo cries out to the tune of NUEST W's "Let Me Out", she gets thirsty and orders some tea.:lol: There was a mix-up and two handsome servers both bring tea.:blink: Could this be the beginning of a love triangle !?!?

Oh, the grand delusions we have.:sweatingbullets:     ...:ph34r:

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

@supergal99 No baby, how can I make that face at you?!?!?! You are my favourite!! That was directed towards @Lmangla and her computer.... Sheeeesh. Lolol

Edit: I think 15 is also there. LOL. Not sure about 49...hmmmm.

Ah see see kokodus your that face distracted me...tsk... *cough* @Lmangla  yes yes #15 is super obvious *cough n throw away #49* heeee:grimace:

@stargazer187 ~ yea each round lasts only a day. would love to have it multiple times a day but with different time zones, it would be difficult. so trying to keep it at one constant time which works well for everyone.

@supergal99 ~ kekeke... we are so familiar with the tropes that when we create a story, we  end up naming others. :sweat_smile:

2 hours ago, Zelda said:

There was a mix-up and two handsome servers both bring tea.:blink: Could this be the beginning of a love triangle !?!?

LOL.... if only our lives were as dramatic as kdramas no @Zelda? :lol:

Round 2 begins!

round 1 numbers were:

15 love triangle FTW NOT
25 Kdramas seem to only have 2 endings - everyone gets a happy ending or a lead dies"
58 water slap, also document slap!
78 I'm so bummed out that I/we need to go sing Karaoke
82 Characters in drama's tend to have chronic constipation and or other issues with bowels

@kokodus @stargazer187 @lclarakl @camichi @Yongzura @supergal99 @OMihO @Zelda @2handsintertwined ~ let me know how your ticket is shaping up and we will accordingly adjust the number of tropes announced before the game ends this friday...

.... I have obviously watched one too many daily/weekend dramas. LOL. :lol: so would you watch this drama?

Today's clues:

chingu#1: have you seen this seung gi drama "bird on tree"?
chingu#2: that old one? ya, it has got hee rin as the female lead. I liked it.
chingu#1: so what is it about?
chingu#2: well seung gi is a brat. isn't he always? so he is like this chaebol heir and he has a mall. so hee rin works there. maybe thats why she is always dressed stylishly even though she is poor. maybe she gets a discount? so seung gi's grandmother is like this dragon and wants him to marry some politician's daughter so that they can cover up some shady dealing. but he is not interested. so he strikes a deal with hee rin to be his pretend girlfriend. she agrees because she desperately wants some time off so she can go back to university and finish her exams and finally get her degree. so she agrees to be his fake girlfriend.
chingu#1: so there's nice romantic scenes?
chingu#2: lots! like this one, she gets a nosebleed because she was working so much overtime and he piggybacks her to the hospital.
chingu#1: that's not romantic! thats a health emergency
chingu#2: no emergency. only normal nosebleed. and it is romantic how he piggybacks her and runs on that hill.
chingu#1; hmm, doesn't sound very interesting. same old, same old.
chingu#2: no, there is a twist and it goes all melo and super addictive.
chingu#1: it does?
chiingu#2: so when the mom was pregnant, the grandmother kicked her out of the house after sending the dad overseas for work. so the mom was depressed when she gave birth. then at the village bus stop, she fainted from all that stress and wakes up to to find her baby missing! so she goes back to the village all heartbroken. then the dad comes back and gives the grandmother a huge knock and says that he will only be with the mother of his child. now the mom wants to come back but doesn't think the chaebol family will accept her without baby. so her aunt takes this abandoned baby and asks the mom to pass off this child as her son! so seung gi is not actually the heir.
chingu#1: so who is the heir? the second lead?
chingu#2: nope, it is actually hee rin!
chingu#1: what??? how come?
chingu#2: you have to watch to find out. it is super interesting....

Archived