OTP Bingo

Lmangla

Round 3 begins!

round 1 numbers were:

15 love triangle FTW NOT
25 Kdramas seem to only have 2 endings - everyone gets a happy ending or a lead dies"
58 water slap, also document slap!
78 I'm so bummed out that I/we need to go sing Karaoke
82 Characters in drama's tend to have chronic constipation and or other issues with bowels

The round 2 numbers were:

9 Piggyback ride
27 poor but still brand stylish
43 Love contract
80 The overworked "candy" character always gets a nosebleed
88 switched babies

@kokodus @stargazer187 @camichi @Yongzura @supergal99 @OMihO @Zelda @2handsintertwined ~ the number of tropes today will be 10, not 5. so you have more chances of getting numbers on your ticket. let me know how it goes and we will adjust accordingly for the last two days. good luck!

Today's clues:

First impressions review "dancing tango" -- The first two episodes of "dancing tango" was craaaaaaaazzzzzzzy and made me wonder "what will happen next week? ". For those who have yet to check it out and wondering what it is all about -- nam gil is the male lead and yeon hee is the female lead.

nam gil is a mysterious lawyer who is always dressed in black and he is mean, mean, mean. how is yeon hee supposed to fall in love with him if he is this mean to her? but yeon hee is all out of choices and is forced to hire him to defend her father who has been accused of murdering his chaebol boss even though nam gil tells her that this is not a winnable case and her dad is going to end up getting a death sentence. who is this blunt to a client?

was there a murder? was it an accident? right now, the writer hasn't given us much at all. all we keep getting is a flashback to a mysterious meeting at the han river between the chaebol boss and some mystery man.  then we have crazy driving by yeon hee's dad who was the driver. why is he making these U-Turns? was there a chase? did the chaebol boss have to rush somewhere? was he having a heart attack? was there a traffic jam that the dad wanted to avoid? then, we time jump abruptly to the present. why does we keep getting flashbacks to an event that happened 1 year ago? why is it significant? the PD doesn't tell us yet...

yeon hee's dad is in prison and is pretending to be sick with alzheimers and refusing to answer any questions. who is the dad protecting? why won't he answer any questions? why doesn't he want a lawyer to defend him? and the writer is messing with our heads because it looks like there might be a connection between nam gil and the dad -- as in they know each other like maybe father and estranged son? so will there still be a love line between jang hyuk and yeon hee? or maybe it is just some fauxcest to mess with our heads and they are actually not related?

right now, PD is keeping the mystery alive and won't even let us know if nam gil and yeon hee have a love line. nam gil also has a mysterious rich girlfriend who we don't know much about yet! we see him speaking on his fancy samsung phone with her, cooking ramen for her before she comes (we only see her back dressed in some branded clothes) and even making kimchi with her mom like a good potential son-in-law. then, the episode ends mysteriously with nam gil at the sauna where he meets the chaebol family heir who greets him as "hyung!". wait, what?? so is the mysterious girlfriend the chaebol heir's relative like sister, cousin? so many questions! I can't wait for next week to see how this turns out.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so many questions! I can't wait for next week to see how this turns out.

Oh gosh... i'm seeing stars  oh i mean question marks...:wacko:

Spoiler

sJZRuOU.gif

Ah...ah.. #16 #21 ...mmm... #41 (ops ops) #46 #47 #65 #74 #84 #85... one more? *rub eyes*

Edit. I need a peep into stargazer187's answers..heee

Poke @Lmangla

Spoiler

Hee... i think there are 2 more -> #36 #64 

Today's inspiration

if you haven't guessed.... kim nam gil.

user377075_pic149230_1319086339.jpg

kekeke... and today's story is something I would so watch him in!!! hahahah.... :D

here are today's answers:

Spoiler

12 The mean love interest trope    
36 okie Pretended SICKNESS!!!    
46 han river is the place to be.    
65 U-TURNS   Anytime, Anywhere!     
84 The main character must do one random chore to show off PPL. like check phone for banking

16 Time Jump    
21 everyone relaxes in sauna    
47 fauxcest     
74 cooking ramen    
85 the kimchi test for eligible grooms

Today's clues:

First impressions review "dancing tango" -- The first two episodes of "dancing tango" was craaaaaaaazzzzzzzy and made me wonder "what will happen next week? ". For those who have yet to check it out and wondering what it is all about -- nam gil is the male lead and yeon hee is the female lead.

nam gil is a mysterious lawyer who is always dressed in black and he is mean, mean, mean. how is yeon hee supposed to fall in love with him if he is this mean to her? but yeon hee is all out of choices and is forced to hire him to defend her father who has been accused of murdering his chaebol boss even though nam gil tells her that this is not a winnable case and her dad is going to end up getting a death sentence. who is this blunt to a client?

was there a murder? was it an accident? right now, the writer hasn't given us much at all. all we keep getting is a flashback to a mysterious meeting at the han river between the chaebol boss and some mystery man.  then we have crazy driving by yeon hee's dad who was the driver. why is he making these U-Turns? was there a chase? did the chaebol boss have to rush somewhere? was he having a heart attack? was there a traffic jam that the dad wanted to avoid? then, we time jump abruptly to the present. why does we keep getting flashbacks to an event that happened 1 year ago? why is it significant? the PD doesn't tell us yet...

yeon hee's dad is in prison and is pretending to be sick with alzheimers and refusing to answer any questions. who is the dad protecting? why won't he answer any questions? why doesn't he want a lawyer to defend him? and the writer is messing with our heads because it looks like there might be a connection between nam gil and the dad -- as in they know each other like maybe father and estranged son? so will there still be a love line between jang hyuk and yeon hee? or maybe it is just some fauxcest to mess with our heads and they are actually not related?

right now, PD is keeping the mystery alive and won't even let us know if nam gil and yeon hee have a love line. nam gil also has a mysterious rich girlfriend who we don't know much about yet! we see him speaking on his fancy samsung phone with her, cooking ramen for her before she comes (we only see her back dressed in some branded clothes) and even making kimchi with her mom like a good potential son-in-law. then, the episode ends mysteriously with nam gil at the sauna where he meets the chaebol family heir who greets him as "hyung!". wait, what?? so is the mysterious girlfriend the chaebol heir's relative like sister, cousin? so many questions! I can't wait for next week to see how this turns out.

Ooo, it's getting more challenging! Okay, maybe it's these ones?

Spoiler

#12 The mean love interest trope
#46 - han river is the place to be.
#65 U-TURNS   Anytime, Anywhere!
#16 Time Jump
#36 okie Pretended SICKNESS!!!
#95 Alzheimer's 
#47 - fauxcest
#84 The main character must do one random chore to show off PPL. like check phone for banking
#85 - the kimchi test for eligible grooms
#21 - everyone relaxes in sauna

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Today's clues:

2 hours ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla I would totally watch that drama ! Jang Hyuk & Kim nan gil . Lol!

kekeke... jang hyuk was the other actor I thought of after writing that.. but it is not like I am casting! hahahaha... since I started with thinking nam gil in shark for some reason, it became this revenge/mystery/action/melo story. :D

Ha,ha:sweat_smile:

Spoiler

I totally missed the ubiquitous Ramen! :astonished:

====

Zelda in Dramaland continues:

Jumping to seven months after the two handsome waiters both brought me tea at the karaoke place, I'm going on a run along the Han river while listening to music. Suddenly, a white truck of doom-Oops, that one hasn't shown up yet.- a guy on a white mode of transportation comes charging along. In shock, I try to jump out of the way, trip, and fall into the river! The guy stops and helps me out, but suddenly berates me meanly for running in the middle of the path and not paying attention to oncoming traffic, asking if I'm stupid. Having finally gotten the water out of my eyes and caught my breath, I raise my head angrily only to gasp in shock. It is one of the guys from the karaoke place! -Cause that could never happen in a drama:smirk:-

We pause and look at each other as a flowery, out-of-place, romantic music track starts playing in the background. We both then look up to stare at the sky from whence the ballad is coming:huh:, but suddenly I sneeze. The Mean Love Interest briefly looks concerned at my sneezing. While grumbling that I had better not be pretending to be sick, he offers to take me to the nearest sauna to warm up, since he was heading there anyway to relax. The offer is tempting, but what kind of serendipity causes a single guy to be riding a white tandem bike all on his own along the Han river only to nearly run me over? -Ah, well, this writer is known for not always being logical.-

With a shrug, I squishily walk over in my wet shoes, but as soon as I hop on the bike, MLI is speeding off again, and careens through dangerous U-turns three times before we arrive at the sauna.:crazy:

As we are about to enter, MLI's latest model, fancy phone rings. -This guy's ringtone is Night on Bald Mountain...:sweatingbullets:-. It sounds like someone wants him to return home right now. After arguing, he hangs up and looks at me. By this point, I'm shivering so bad that I just wave at him to go on and run into the sauna myself. 

After warming up at the sauna, I look around and realize that I don't have a clue where this place is. So I whip out my fancy phone, which just so happens to by the exact, same model as MLI, but in a girly pink color -Why couldn't it have been yellow?:huh:- Taking it out of a snazzy waterproof case, I use the latest map app to find my way home.

I enter the front gate to hear my mother greeting me. She is happily making kimchi with the. other. guy. from the karaoke place! :blink: My jaw drops.

He nods at me and winks.     :flushed:       When my mother starts to comment that she wishes she had a son-in-law like him, I pick up my fallen jaw from the ground and rush inside the house. Suddenly a pot of steaming ramen is thrust toward me. Looking up, I see MLI!

While looking away from me, he mutters, "I saw your picture on the side table, realized it was you, and thought you might be hungry." -Could he be a tsundere?-

"No. well..." I reply, "Thanks, but before that, who are you and what are you doing in my house?!?"

Suddenly, Mom comes in and exclaims with glee, "You two have already met!? How wonderful! Zelda, this is your father's sworn brother's son _, and this" -she gestures to the kimchi-making-potential-son-in-law behind her- "is his half-brother _. They're going to be living with us for awhile while their parents are working overseas."

My jaw drops a second time. -And here, I thought the author was really going for fauxcest.-

What do you guys think I should name the MLI and kimchi maker?

@Lmangla Thanks again for doing this! :heart: 

I didn't manage to get any new matches on my bingo card this time.

Round 4 begins!

round 1 numbers were:

15 love triangle FTW NOT
25 Kdramas seem to only have 2 endings - everyone gets a happy ending or a lead dies"
58 water slap, also document slap!
78 I'm so bummed out that I/we need to go sing Karaoke
82 Characters in drama's tend to have chronic constipation and or other issues with bowels

The round 2 numbers were:

9 Piggyback ride
27 poor but still brand stylish
43 Love contract
80 The overworked "candy" character always gets a nosebleed
88 switched babies

the round 3 numbers were:

12 The mean love interest trope    
36 okie Pretended SICKNESS!!!    
46 han river is the place to be.    
65 U-TURNS   Anytime, Anywhere!     
84 The main character must do one random chore to show off PPL. like check phone for banking

16 Time Jump    
21 everyone relaxes in sauna    
47 fauxcest     
74 cooking ramen    
85 the kimchi test for eligible grooms

@kokodus @stargazer187 @camichi @Yongzura @supergal99 @OMihO @Zelda @2handsintertwined ~ the number of tropes today will be 15. so hope you get more numbers on your ticket, good luck!

and I am starting to wonder if this is how some writers actually write dramas -- like they have a list of tropes the PD wants and they figure out how to make a story with that? it is surprisingly easy.. hahahahhaha... :lol:

Today's clues:

Plumber prince ep 11-12 recap & review:

this week's episode of plumber prince made me cry as it was so sweet. so eun ha is still driving me nuts with her push pull attitude. if she likes joo won, she should tell him no? why is she being so fickle with oppa? and now, shi-yoon has gone mad and is hatching some evils plans to separate our OTP. why? it is not even clear if eun ha likes joo won in the first place.

shi-yoon was such a sweet second lead and now he is being so stupid. why would he send gangsters to harass joo won at the shop and make his life miserable. as if it isn't already? he is already dealing with the hurt of his his dad who is not able to recognize him because of the alzheimers and trying to figure out how to pay for the dad's hospital bill.

and even though eun ha realizes it was shi-yoon who got the gangsters to harass joo won, she is such a saint that she forgives him because he is her dearest friend. ugh! figure out who you like girl!!! and what on earth was shi-yoon doing to get sympathy? fall into the pool when he knows how to swim and fakes drowning by pretending to get a muscle spasm so she can give him a CPR kiss? and it was such bad CPR that if he had really swallowed water, he would die. seriously, these two deserve each other as they are so inept and awkward.(rolls eyes)

and to top if off, eun ha's parents are awful too this week. they have no problem squeezing the work out of joo won and do all sorts of things like some unpaid slave but when they realize that eun ha is attracted to him, they purposely humiliate him. umm, it is your daughter who is the problem! it is not like joo won is running after her. silly people.

so I loved how young ah came to his rescue. okay, so she was not of my favourite people but now she totally is. love how she recognized that joo won is a genius at creating bathrooms and has a talent as bathroom designer. loved how she took him shopping and gave him a makeover for the boardroom meeting. all those slow motion shots with oppa from every angle was so awesome! and the boardroom scene -- how great was that? except for those random foreigners and some mangled foreign languages. what were they all supposed to be speaking? french? english? anyway, that boardroom scene was both heartbreaking fantastic.

just when young ah's own dad was humiliating her for not able to take on the business, joo won takes off his jacket (how sexy was that?) and rolls up his sleeves and slams the table and gives them all a dressing down for not trusting her business insticts just because she is a girl. joo won is my hero! then, on the rooftop, how sweet he was while he gave her a shoulder to cry on and said such encouraging words even though he himself is going through so much.

chingus -- looks like am going to have second lead sydrome with young ah and joo won. totally want these two to end up together. eun ha is a fool. ugh!

sorry about the mistake @stargazer187 @supergal99 ~ wanted to put in 15 but had to rush out quickly and didn't realize that I had left out two. sigh.

EDIT: actually, you guys are right; 8 and 91 were on the list; I was wondering why I kept seeing 15 and then later, it was only 13; ugh, too much stress, I tell you! ... @triplem ~ can you amend to include those two (8 - rooftop room, 91 - first love that can't be forgotten); thanks!

more tropes, tomorrow! I promise!

I might be really off with some of these but here are my guesses this round:

Spoiler

#3 Cliche pull and push relationship
#18 Sweet Second Male Lead turn into Evil OOC Parody trope
#77 -- "Gangsters/Loan sharks that show up at school or work to demand payment...or else..."
#95 Alzheimer's
#30 - girl, the forgiving saint
#57 - faulty CPR
#34 - opposing kdrama parents
#35 all male leads are genius
#7 The shopping/makeover scene 
#61 - Slow motion and multiple angle shots to epic scene
#90 Random Foreigners and Mangled foreign languages
#75 PD lets us know that male lead is going to do something important with a coat / jacket wearing scene . 
#8 the rooftop room
#99 a shoulder to cry or a hug to pat the sorrow heart.
#15 Love triangle FTW... NOT.

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Round 4 begins!

Today's clues:

Plumber prince ep 11-12 recap & review:

this week's episode of plumber prince made me cry as it was so sweet. so eun ha is still driving me nuts with her push pull attitude. if she likes joo won, she should tell him no? why is she being so fickle with oppa? and now, shi-yoon has gone mad and is hatching some evils plans to separate our OTP. why? it is not even clear if eun ha likes joo won in the first place.

shi-yoon was such a sweet second lead and now he is being so stupid. why would he send gangsters to harass joo won at the shop and make his life miserable. as if it isn't already? he is already dealing with the hurt of his his dad who is not able to recognize him because of the alzheimers and trying to figure out how to pay for the dad's hospital bill.

and even though eun ha realizes it was shi-yoon who got the gangsters to harass joo won, she is such a saint that she forgives him because he is her dearest friend. ugh! figure out who you like girl!!! and what on earth was shi-yoon doing to get sympathy? fall into the pool when he knows how to swim and fakes drowning by pretending to get a muscle spasm so she can give him a CPR kiss? and it was such bad CPR that if he had really swallowed water, he would die. seriously, these two deserve each other as they are so inept and awkward.(rolls eyes)

and to top if off, eun ha's parents are awful too this week. they have no problem squeezing the work out of joo won and do all sorts of things like some unpaid slave but when they realize that eun ha is attracted to him, they purposely humiliate him. umm, it is your daughter who is the problem! it is not like joo won is running after her. silly people.

so I loved how young ah came to his rescue. okay, so she was not of my favourite people but now she totally is. love how she recognized that joo won is a genius at creating bathrooms and has a talent as bathroom designer. loved how she took him shopping and gave him a makeover for the boardroom meeting. all those slow motion shots with oppa from every angle was so awesome! and the boardroom scene -- how great was that? except for those random foreigners and some mangled foreign languages. what were they all supposed to be speaking? french? english? anyway, that boardroom scene was both heartbreaking fantastic.

just when young ah's own dad was humiliating her for not able to take on the business, joo won takes off his jacket (how sexy was that?) and rolls up his sleeves and slams the table and gives them all a dressing down for not trusting her business insticts just because she is a girl. joo won is my hero! then, on the rooftop, how sweet he was while he gave her a shoulder to cry on and said such encouraging words even though he himself is going through so much.

chingus -- looks like am going to have second lead sydrome with young ah and joo won. totally want these two to end up together. eun ha is a fool. ugh!

(Goes to check the answers post)

EDIT:

@Lmangla, Thank you as always! I thought that it would be #15 as a reverse love triangle between Eun Ha, Joo Won, and Young Ah. May I ask where 91 - first love that can't be forgotten is mentioned? I can't figure it out:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, Zelda said:

I might be really off with some of these but here are my guesses this round:

Reveal hidden contents

(Goes to check the answers post)

EDIT:

@Lmangla, Thank you as always! I thought that it would be #15 as a reverse love triangle between Eun Ha, Joo Won, and Young Ah. May I ask where 91 - first love that can't be forgotten is mentioned? I can't figure it out:sweatingbullets:

It was a slightly shaded clue! Kekeke... Shi-yoon is Eun ha "dearest friend", "they deserve each other", and she forgiving him....my idea was the twist that shi-yoon was her childhood love but now she is attracted to joo won... I wrote it in a hurry and may have forgotten to make it more clearer but @stargazer187 picked it up.... 

@supergal99 - hoping for a better less stressful day, fingers crossed! :)

@Zelda - yesterday's inspiration was Joo won, shi-yoon in Baker's king where Eugene chooses to marry Joo won even though shi-yoon is her childhood love and she still likes him.... 

I have realized that I have watched way too many dramas that I can quickly reference and make up a new story. Kekeke... Too bad I can't use such skills in my job, hahaha

@supergal99 - kekeke, do you have a good gif for plumber prince? Wonder if genuis bathroom designer is possible thing? Hahaha :D

Archived