Quantcast
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

I have a question ... And I hope someone can answer me, but there is still no date for the new season to come out? Or has it already been in China? :o

On 3/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, midnight_muse said:

Personally, I really want to know more about Xiao Yan!!  :wub: 

Idk I just kinda love how he's this unrefined- pretty boy- kinda 'dumb' (according to Fengjiu)- demon lord (I find him rather cute tehe and I approve of the casting for him as well)

I don't care too much about his pairing with Jiheng tbh but it's a given it'll be mentioned, I just want to know a lil more about his background and am curious how they'll portray him.

I also doubt they'll go into too much about Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan's relationship, at most it'll be implied or we'll have to read between the lines. But I'm curious as to what role Bai Zhen will play because he's not really in the books.

XIAO YAN! XiAO YaN! Xiaooo Yaassss! Honestly he’s my boy! He’s such a dork that I would totally be into him if he walked my way. A little immature but he’d probably be having you laughing cuz of all the stupid antics he’d be up to :rolleyes: . Imho he’s too good a dude to be crushing on JiHeng. Their personalities are incompatible & totally clash but when love hits—in Xiao Yan’s case with JiHeng,  you can’t go against it. 

Agree with the writers not showing too much of Bai Zhen & Zhe Yan but it will be subtle. So of course the second emphasized couple will be Lian Song & Cheng Yu. As cute as the new Cheng Yu is, I prefer the past actress just because her looks match the actor Lian Song’s better. They do have a book that the author stopped writing if I remember correctly. 

Side note: Waddup to all the new people! uwu :glasses:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, karinos said:

XIAO YAN! XiAO YaN! Xiaooo Yaassss! Honestly he’s my boy! He’s such a dork that I would totally be into him if he walked my way. A little immature but he’d probably be having you laughing cuz of all the stupid antics he’d be up to :rolleyes: . Imho he’s to good a dude to be crushing on JiHeng. Their personalities are incompatible & totally clad but when love hits—in Xiao Yan’s case with JiHeng,  you can’t go against it. 

He IS such a dork, but I love it!! :lol:  Surprisingly such a good dude for a demon lord haha 

So glad someone shares my love for him!

• LOL 2

Posted (edited)

I'm also curious about Bai zhen's role here since he is only mentioned once in pillow book ? But I doubt they will show much about his relationship with Zhe yan.

I want to see Lian song and cheng yu's relationship since their book is not released yet, but since Tang Qi is one of the script writer at least this story is considered canon. I hope we get to see their mortal story too.

The Interview with Mimei (Engsubbed)

Vengo just casually throw a big spoiler for those who haven't read the book :joy:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Very much enjoyed this interview :D especially since there's subs haha

So glad he read the book and did research!! Gets my hopes up even more tehe

No lie, definitely was a little worried about him acting so many different roles for the drama :sweatingbullets:  but seeing as he's trying his best to hone his craft, I'm excited ^_^

• Like 2

vengo may not be amazingly good in acting as of yet, he is okay and sometime good enough for me

but he is perfect as donghua for sure

it almost like donghua is him and he is donghua

hahaha

the interview is interesting

unfortunately cannot watch now

a lil busy

will watch it later

thanks for sharing

^__^

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, karinos said:

XIAO YAN! XiAO YaN! Xiaooo Yaassss! Honestly he’s my boy! He’s such a dork that I would totally be into him if he walked my way. A little immature but he’d probably be having you laughing cuz of all the stupid antics he’d be up to :rolleyes: . Imho he’s to good a dude to be crushing on JiHeng. Their personalities are incompatible & totally clash but when love hits—in Xiao Yan’s case with JiHeng,  you can’t go against it. 

Agree with the writers not showing too much of Bai Zhen & Zhe Yan but it will be subtle. So of course the second emphasized couple will be Lian Song & Cheng Yu. As cute as the new Cheng Yu is, I prefer the past actress just because her looks match the actor Lian Song’s better. They do have a book that the author stopped writing if I remember correctly. 

Side note: Waddup to all the new people! uwu :glasses:

Hahaha...yes, I adored him in the book...so dense, so unrefined but such a good friend and a hottie to boot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Hahaha...yes, I adored him in the book...so dense, so unrefined but such a good friend and a hottie to boot.

2 things I’ll always recall abt him in the book which are guaranteed to make me cackle: 1) Xiao Yan annoying Dong Hua so much that he gets a ladle/spoon thrown at him for simply having FengJiu’s attention resulting in him falling down a flight of stairs. “Who threw that?!”  He is one of the few people that can make the petty come out of someone as regal as Dong Hua. A skill not easily done. 2) That orange and green carrot outfit that Feng Jiu thinks makes him look absolutely ridiculous. 

What are your fave Xiao Yan parts? 

I’m glad to hear that Vengo has read the book. He has to take care since this is really his first lead role. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karinos said:

2 things I’ll always recall abt him in the book which are guaranteed to make me cackle: 1) Xiao Yan annoying Dong Hua so much that he gets a ladle/spoon thrown at him for simply having FengJiu’s attention resulting in him falling down a flight of stairs. “Who threw that?!”  He is one of the few people that can make the petty come out of someone as regal as Dong Hua. A skill not easily done. 2) That orange and green carrot outfit that Feng Jiu thinks makes him look absolutely ridiculous. 

What are your fave Xiao Yan parts? 

I’m glad to hear that Vengo has read the book. He has to take care since this is really his first lead role. 

Hahaha...yes, I love how he thinks so highly of himself and he gets on DH's nerves when it comes to FJ.

I love the ladle throwing part as well. I also love that he pestered DH to come have a duel and DH just ignored him. Classic DH!!

XY always seems to be at the right place at the right time when it comes to FJ.

Spoiler

He sort of saved her and accompanied her in the new place when they fell into that place where Aranya lived in. He also sort of saved both DH and FJ when they were inside the sphere after they got rid of the Evil and they couldn't get out (last part of the novel). He also gets in trouble on his own...he got ambushed when sending notice from DH that he will be late for his wedding. He served as a great comic relief most of the time. These are all in the novel, BTW, so I don't know if these will come out in the drama. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Hide contents

He sort of saved her and accompanied her in the new place when they fell into that place where Aranya lived in. He also sort of saved both DH and FJ when they were inside the sphere after they got rid of the Evil and they couldn't get out (last part of the novel). He also gets in trouble on his own...he got ambushed when sending notice from DH that he will be late for his wedding. He served as a great comic relief most of the time. These are all in the novel, BTW, so I don't know if these will come out in the drama. 

Yes on the comic relief part. Tbh, if he was paired with a likeable partner, I’d prefer to see him as the second lead couple in this drama over Lian Song & Cheng Yu. The actor is also good looking. Anyone know if he’s good at acting? I like him as 13th(?) disciple in TMOPB where he was paired with the demon princess. It would’ve been cool to see them paired up again. I dropped Flame’s Daughter so I didn’t get to see much of him. Hopefully he pulls mischievousness & comedy off well. 

As for him falling with Feng Jiu and staying with her where Aranya lived—I do like that abt Xiao Yan (not that he had much of a choice) much to my dismay abt Dong Hua just leaving her there (for what? like 6 months?) after their dual. That’s another thing. Why did DH wait so long to go there after FJ fell with Xiao Yan? I am aware that the concept of time changes depending on realms.  DH did put her in that cage to cushion the fall for her safety but still...

Xioa Yan does mess things up greatly for our couple after losing that fight when he was supposed to get DH’s message to FJ. So I definitely agree with your notion that trouble tends to find XY easily.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, karinos said:

Why did DH wait so long to go there after FJ fell with Xiao Yan? I am aware that the concept of time changes depending on realms.  DH did put her in that cage to cushion the fall for her safety but still...

The gate to Fanyin valley only opened every 6 months If I remember correctly :sweatingbullets:

14 hours ago, karinos said:

Anyone know if he’s good at acting? I like him as 13th(?) disciple in TMOPB where he was paired with the demon princess. It would’ve been cool to see them paired up again. I dropped Flame’s Daughter so I didn’t get to see much of him. Hopefully he pulls mischievousness & comedy off well. 

I was watching flames daughter up to eps 15 and I love his character there, he is soooo nice and smart, his character is like Huge's at Ballad of the desert. 

@chubby^green^

I want to ask you something, I never like and follow Vic so I dont know much about him but did he never acted on period/ancient drama before?

His gesture ? at Flames daughter is really......how do I say this ? The way he talk, walk, stand and sit is really modern :sweatingbullets:

It really bugging me everytime he cross his leg :sweatingbullets:

bwSwIDj.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Thanks 1

I really wish the production included the "Flying vessel( small bowl )" incident scene.. after Xiao Yan fell off the stairs and cried "who the bastard, trying to murder me" and Donghua replied " sorry my hand slipped" and then sweets little Ah Li said " woah it's slipped pretty far".:joy: 

Poor Xiao Yan ...luckily the flying Vessel was already empty ...otherwise Xiao Yan will be wet with Ji Heng's soup.

• LOL 3

16 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I really wish the production included the "Flying vessel( small bowl )" incident scene.. after Xiao Yan fell off the stairs and cried "who the bastard, trying to murder me" and Donghua replied " sorry my hand slipped" and then sweets little Ah Li said " woah it's slipped pretty far".:joy: 

Poor Xiao Yan ...luckily the flying Vessel was already empty ...otherwise Xiao Yan will be wet with Ji Heng's soup.

OMG please include this scene! I’m gonna cry if they don’t. It’s my favorite Xiao Yan scene.  I literally burst out laughing the first time I read it. Went back to re-read the entire scene because it was so funny. 

& hello! PETTY Dong Hua Dijun. We never see that. I wanna see petty DH soo bad :lol:

• LOL 2

Just wondering. Am I the only one who dislikes JiHeng from the very beginning she was introduced? I was suspicious of her even though her introduction was done/described quite beautifully.  Like, my spider senses were tingling that she was going to be the sneaky type of girl who acts innocent & forlorn to get what she wants from the male lead. Was it obvious to all you guys also? Or did it take a while for some to realize that she wasn’t a good person — how she played the game, I mean? She was ok in the beginning. What I mean by that is she matched DH way better than FJ in terms of temperment when she snuck in as a baby fox to be with him. So FJ was definitely out of her element. It explains why FJ failed in her first attempt at winning DH. Although it was mentioned that DH loved his baby fox dearly & that he had no romantic feelings for JiHeng whatsoever - only a feelings of obligation. 

Am I judging too harshly? She could’ve just been a girl who acts the way she does because of her circumstances cuz her backstory is blended into Pillow Book well even if it’s not emphasized. Thoughts? 

^

i had unfortunately know the actress who will be playing jiheng first before getting to know jiheng from the book

so my first impression of the character was already not good in the first place

though have to say, when she was introduced and expanded in the book, i was a lil baffled

i was pretty sure she would be the conniving, cunning evil witch that would do anything to separate fengjiu from donghua and to win donghua's heart, just like how sujin is from 10 miles or even the meanie zhi'he

i was so ready to hate on her in full force but...

she wasn't anything like that at all in the beginning

and her constant adoration toward the fox fengjiu was a lil cute and sad as well

makes me a lil sorry for her

but after that, it was gone the minute she started to act like she owns donghua and even pretending to do something that she didnt do to win his heart

and during that time i was like, yup she's on top of the list as one of the hated characters now

hahaha

i guess the writer wanted to show how love sometime can turn people blind and obsession can be deadly too

if anything jiheng and fengjiu share the same fate

liking someone who doesn't even throw them a a glance in the beginning

while fengjiu continues to strive on her love and blossomed under that love

jiheng turn conceited and consumed by the love that she has

it also shows how fate is weird and funny in its own way

fate was the reason why fengjiu fails in her attempt to gain access and attention from donghua in the first place

but at the same time, even if fate let jiheng get close to donghua, she was not fated for him

hence regardless how compatible and suited they both are with one another

nothing or i would not even a spark flickers between them

fate also why although fengjiu tries her best to avoid and get away from donghua later one, they keep bumping to one another and it was enough to gain donghua attention and awareness of fengjiu

while even she was around 200 years without the interference of fengjiu to try her best to win donghua's heart in fanyin valley

but nothing ever happen between donghua and jiheng

because fate was already written between fengjiu and donghua, how nice is that?

regarding xiao yan

i am reluctant to hand him over to jiheng, he is too good for her

hahaha

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

I want to ask you something, I never like and follow Vic so I dont know much about him but did he never acted on period/ancient drama before?

His gesture ? at Flames of daughter is really......how do I say this ? The way he talk, walk, stand and sit is really modern :sweatingbullets:

It really bugging me everytime he cross his leg :sweatingbullets:

wrong person to ask, have to say ^_^*

i seriously dunno much about vic, aside from knowing him from meteor garden from like ages ago and i dont even watch meteor garden since i dont and will never like that drama regardless of which country producing it

i never watch him in anything after that

even the infamous 'mars' with his then girlfriend barbie hsu, i didnt watch hahaha

he was pretty much, in his earlier career, acted in taiwanese idol dramas, so i dunno if he has acted in period drama before flame's daughter

sorry

saw him a few times in movies but mostly modern ones i think

about his gesture in flame's daughter, i dunno which part of him look modern and honestly i really dunno how man and woman during that time are supposed to behave and act

beside i don't think much about it, i am the type that doesn't ponder much about these things

if i enjoy the drama then i tend to overlook things that could ruin the drama for me (seriously-with serious face)

but if i don't like the drama, then i will for sure pinpoint every flaws and irregularities just so i can not liking it even more

and since flame's daughter is fun for me

i seriously dont see his movement or characteristic too modern or to chic to be in period drama, he was okay for me, i even like his sheepish smile most of the time

hahaha

if i were to defend him though...

i would contribute that his mannerism is because he has lived longer than anyone of those alive during that time

he has surpasses everything and his mannerism and traits are showing his indifferences to the world and his nonchalant behaviour is because he is a man with power then and even now

i would also say that his carefree nature could also be one of the reason

he is after all doesn't care much about worldly matters anymore (most of the time in the drama, when he takes action it was because or related to ruge only)

he was just waiting patiently for ru ge to be born and become adult and for his ge'er to come back to him

nothing else matters to him at all anymore

hence the cheery and jovial attitude (for most of the time)

sorry cant help you at all in vic's matter

:sweatingbullets:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@chubby^green^

Its ok, I just found it weird since I never see leg crossing in period/ancient drama, even the girls didn't do that :sweatingbullets:

@karinos

I dislike her since she stole the credit for Fengjiu's corrections on Liansong's drawing <_<

Btw guys, our GuangRe ship just sink again :bawling:

Apparently few days ago there was some photos and videos taken by paparazzi of Vengo and his co-star at Candle in the tomb Wrath of time, the one who played his sister Hua ling. They take a taxi together, hugged, and enter her house ? And Vengo stay all night there :tears:

Vengo's staff already denied the rumor, hope this is not true...this is his second scandal already...

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1

^

wow o.O...

second time right? the first one is after eternal love where dongfeng shippers were abundant... 

thank god i dont do shipping hahaha

(i adore donghua and fengjiu together, not so much of vengo and reba together though)

but still vengo ah... pls be more careful

with pillow book not having airing date as of yet

this kind of thing could just have an adverse effect on the drama that has not aired yet

aish...

makes me a lil hmmph....

i dont blame him of hooking up, and the truth is, it's not big of a deal... he's single (i think) that woman is too (hoping)

so they free to do whatever they want

news and reporters tend to have this kind of things blown out of proportion

just that right now my main priority is pillow book

so...

hahahah

sorry for the shippers though

have to say though watching the first vid

they dont seem close at all it almost like vengo was taking care of her

seems like she was a lil drunk maybe

i guess he did take her home, he is a gentleman after all hahaha

about staying overnight, that is still up on the air

^_^

be strong guys

hahaha

Guys I don't like to gossip or jump into a conversation outside of just Pillow Book talk,

but I will state one thing.

It's really more beneficial if Vengo and Reba are friends and not a couple. A potential break-up would make looking back on their dramas a little hard to watch.

Besides, as friends, the familiarity adds to the chemistry. They look more comfortable on screen.

That's just my two cents. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

12 hours ago, karinos said:

OMG please include this scene! I’m gonna cry of they don’t. It’s my favorite Xiao Yan scene.  I literally burst out laughing the first time I read it. Went back to re-read the entire scene because it was so funny. 

Sames! My absolute favorite Xiao Yan part!! Who wouldn't love to see a so obviously jealous and petty Donghua XD...and agreed, if this scene isn't included I will cry too! 

11 hours ago, karinos said:

Just wondering. Am I the only one who dislikes JiHeng from the very beginning she was introduced?

10 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

^

i had unfortunately know the actress who will be playing jiheng first before getting to know jiheng from the book

so my first impression of the character was already not good in the first place

though have to say, when she was introduced and expanded in the book, i was a lil baffled

i was pretty sure she would be the conniving, cunning evil witch that would do anything to separate fengjiu from donghua and to win donghua's heart, just like how sujin is from 10 miles or even the meanie zhi'he

i was so ready to hate on her in full force but...

she wasn't anything like that at all in the beginning

and her constant adoration toward the fox fengjiu was a lil cute and sad as well

makes me a lil sorry for her

but after that, it was gone the minute she started to act like she owns donghua and even pretending to do something that she didnt do to win his heart

and during that time i was like, yup she's on top of the list as one of the hated characters now

hahaha

Being someone who wasn't exposed to the actress playing JiHeng beforehand, I found her fine at first to be honest. I also thought she was going to be a Sujin kinda character so I was surprised how nice I thought she was in the beginning.

I was fine with her UNTIL she started getting all clingy to Donghua and took credit for Fengjiu's work. At that point I was just thought 'naawww this girl is bad news tsktsktsk'.

The whole time I never even considered her Fengjiu's competition, ever hahaha. I guess my love for DongFeng is so strong that  I couldn't even pretend to consider Donghua with anyone else haha, especially Jiheng. She's no where near the same league as DH and she's just kinda generic and boring :sweatingbullets:  yeah she's nice at first but there's nothing really special about her. I pitied her, but never saw her as a threat...in the beginning lol

It wasn't until the very end where she poisons herself and misuses her father's promise to try to force DH to her side that I really hated her hahaha. Just 'cause she can't have him, she just wrecks his life for the next 200 years with the reasoning 'if I can't have you, no one can' (though it's only a fraction of how long Fengjiu suffered heartbreak :bawling:). Jiheng's breakdown was really the most interesting thing about her whole character. But even then, she was so desperate it was just sad to watch...or rather read haha. (But I was also super pissed at her too)

On a side note, I still find myself asking why in world is our precious Xiao Yan in love with this Jiheng?? I do not see whatever he sees haha

Don't know if I'm the only one but I must say, I do like that DH goes through such a difficult time for those 200 years.

It showed us just how much he loves Fengjiu, doing everything in his power to find her.

It's so heart wrenching and that's what I love! 

I think it's because Donghua is such a collected and calm character that the rare moments when he shows a completely different side makes my heart ache for him!

Noting this, I'm looking forward to seeing a "deathly pale" DH staring at a bawling FJ  XD

• Like 3