Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

for me it's a good thing that Chen Ye and Aranya play by Vengo/Reba( more precisely Donghua/Fengjiu)

Because.. If Aranya played by another actress we have to see the part where Donghua almost making out part where Aranya's sisters gave Aranya.. (Fengjiu's soul in Aranya body...mean another woman body)...an ecstasy pill with hope they can slander her sleep/cheating with her teacher Su moye)...and we also have to see lovey dovey Donghua and Aranya( who was not Reba) or they slept together eventhough nothing happened..thanks to Donghua's self control..for me it's kind of disturbing just to imagined it...have to see all of that...right.:)

One if the thing I loved about DongFeng because their love was solely theirs....."first" in everything.

No, I mean the real Aranya and Chen ye, so not the Aranya dream part :sweatingbullets:

 

xXWGrWp.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2750

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1222

  • Megan

    994

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

for me it's a good thing that Chen Ye and Aranya play by Vengo/Reba( more precisely Donghua/Fengjiu)

Because.. If Aranya played by another actress we have to see the part where Donghua almost making out part where Aranya's sisters gave Aranya.. (Fengjiu's soul in Aranya body...mean another woman body)...an ecstasy pill with hope they can slander her sleep/cheating with her teacher Su moye)...and we also have to see lovey dovey Donghua and Aranya( who was not Reba) or they slept together eventhough nothing happened..thanks to Donghua's self control..for me it's kind of disturbing just to imagined it...have to see all of that...right.:)

One if the thing I loved about DongFeng because their love was solely theirs....."first" in everything.

 What is your favorite part in Aranya's dream? I have to admit that when i first started reading the book, i got so annoyed with this arc, I almost wanted to skip it. but then baam, the feelings hit me hard. one of my favorite scene is when our Xiao Fengfeng went with Dijun to admire the blooming flowers at night..woooa, amazing scene!!! extremely beautiful and poetic.

 

Another one is when Xiao Bai was crying in the garden and Dijun heard her and dropped the bowl of medicine. it really broke my heart...i wonder what would have happened if Su Moye told her at that moment that Dijun is in the dream with her, but he doesn't recognize her. what would Xiao Bai feel? i think she would feel very confused, maybe even wonder why Dijun failed to recognize her till now. would she go to tell him that she is Fengjiu? hmm..i honestly don't think so. i think she would rather wait for him to recognize her by himself. 

 

And my utmost favorite part from Aranya's dream is their date on the Maiden Festival. woooaaa...how he waited for her under that tree:heart::heart: so, so pretty. i hope they will not skip this part and make it as artistically as it was in the book. I want my big tree and Fulin flowers!!! And the villager's comment that a powerful deity is on a date trying to impress his girlfriend! :joy:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

No, I mean the real Aranya and Chen ye, so not the Aranya dream part :sweatingbullets:

 

xXWGrWp.jpg

 

If that the case..soo OK with it because Aranya/Chen Ye in their own world ...three hundreds yrs ago...was totally different. Different time, different world, different story.:grin:

 

Ang also We know the current Queen in Fanyin Valley was Junuo and her son is Meng Shao one of Fengjiu good friends but How come we didn't get to see Chen Ye in the Fanyin Valley and why Donghua did not meet him everytime Donghua visits with purpose to deal with Miaoluo..did he was in Aranya Dreamverse all the time ..the world he's created to collect Aranya life essence?

 

Come to think of it If Fengjiu didn't trapped inside Aranya Dream we were deemed to...not knowing about Donghua/ Fengjiu's shadow..especially Donghua himself..Zhonglin likely not remember because he and elder Yunzhuang was taking a sedative or anesthetics something of some sort...after he ask elder Yunzhuang to do the deed.

Fengjiu's arts...OMG...super cute:love:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Ang also We know the current Queen in Fanyin Valley was Junuo and her son is Meng Shao one of Fengjiu good friends but How come we didn't get to see Chen Ye in the Fanyin Valley and why Donghua did not meet him everytime Donghua visits with purpose to deal with Miaoluo..did he was in Aranya Dreamverse all the time ..the world he's created to collect Aranya life essence?

 

They mentioned it in PB 1:

Meng Shao told her that more than two hundred years ago, Fanyin Valley had also once had four different seasons. This year-round snowfall was only a recent phenomenon of the recent two hundred years. And if they were to speak of this phenomenon, they'd have to speak of the Biyiniao Clan's famous Archmage Chen Ye who had sought seclusion for many years past.
It was said this Archmage for reasons unknown had locked himself at home one day, placed the three seasons into his sword, and stored it away inside his sleeve. He had not left his residence in the many years henceforth. Ever since, Fanyin Valley was deprived of spring, summer, and fall.

 

19 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

When Qinghua showed Aranya supposedly ChenYe's memorial( someone who died in war)..Aranya thoughts that Chen Ye was dead already.  One of the reason why Aranya sacrificed  herself..just like Chen Ye did when he know Aranya was dead.

 What a tragic...indeed...so much unfolded...misunderstanding.

 

I think the "memorial" Qinghua showed to Aranya in the prison was meant to be a "formal report" or "formal request". This word has been used several times in the book and it was never use to mean "memorial for someone who died".

 

“Xize is really quite honorable. Although this marriage was meaningless to him, he never once over the years submitted a memorial to ask for a divorce."

 

Depends on the translator, sometimes he/she translate it as "report".

 

Qinghua turned, then after two steps, looked back and said, “Your case has been settled this morning, the execution is in three days. Chen Ye sent this report at noon, requesting His Majesty to move the execution to the shrine.

 

Aranya never thought that Chen Ye was dead. She thought Chen Ye betrayed her.

  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@rapo65 To be frankly..most of my Favourite in Aranya Dreamverse was involved "sexy sensual time" like..their first kiss in the cave most precisely Donghua kiss Fengjiu and Fengjiu just reciprocated..Donghua was overwhelmingly happy because Fengjiu's spirit/soul returns to her own body a awhile in Aranya body...

 

Ps : Actually their first kiss was ..when blindfolded Fengjiu's fell on top of Donghua...then she bite his lips:joy:

 

I love your favourite list...all of them was also my favourite...enjoyed Fulings flower at night...Maiden festival.. the kissing part..Donghua's still blame the water serpent poison...for his "head over heels" attitudes...poor our naive adorable Fengjiu..

 

The scenes when Dijun dropped a bowl of medicine...Fengjiu's cry her heart out until she exhausted and sleep...the scene I really looking forward...sadly heartbreaking.:bawling:

3 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

 

They mentioned it in PB 1:

Meng Shao told her that more than two hundred years ago, Fanyin Valley had also once had four different seasons. This year-round snowfall was only a recent phenomenon of the recent two hundred years. And if they were to speak of this phenomenon, they'd have to speak of the Biyiniao Clan's famous Archmage Chen Ye who had sought seclusion for many years past.
It was said this Archmage for reasons unknown had locked himself at home one day, placed the three seasons into his sword, and stored it away inside his sleeve. He had not left his residence in the many years henceforth. Ever since, Fanyin Valley was deprived of spring, summer, and fall.

 

 

I think the "memorial" Qinghua showed to Aranya in the prison was meant to be a "formal report" or "formal request". This word has been used several times in the book and it was never use to mean "memorial for someone who died".

 

“Xize is really quite honorable. Although this marriage was meaningless to him, he never once over the years submitted a memorial to ask for a divorce."

 

Depends on the translator, sometimes he/she translate it as "report".

 

Qinghua turned, then after two steps, looked back and said, “Your case has been settled this morning, the execution is in three days. Chen Ye sent this report at noon, requesting His Majesty to move the execution to the shrine.

 

Aranya never thought that Chen Ye was dead. She thought Chen Ye betrayed her.

Thank you so much for your explanations about Chen Ye cases..

I can't believe I miss the most important part...look like i have to read Aranya Dream parts again for the third actually since the first time I read PB2 I mostly skipped the parts.

And how i wish my English was better...Memorial..such a huge definition.

So ..after its was clearly Aranya took her own life even give up on reincarnation because she felt betrayed..

A big sigh here....how can she make such a reckless decision??  She should live longer to help ChenYe to get whatever's he wants...that's was her life are meant to be...tsk..tsk so much for.. 

 

 "She might not have been for love in this lifetime. You were what she had Fought for."

 

Aranya's grievance was so deep...her desperation..despair..eating her heart out..felt betrayed..and at end she betrayed herself by taking her own life and leaving ChenYe..

 

"No matter how generous she was , she couldn't bear it after all."

 

Unfolded misunderstanding till the end..blame it on her terribly heartless mother( Qinghua) what's a shitty mother...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

 

 

On mydramalist an user (phoe-enix) said this: "...because of the 70th commemoration of People's Republic of China. That thing about the commemoration is just a speculation, something about gaining back our culture and identity (chinese), so probably more republican dramas during this ban. NRTA is likely not going to explain their reason for this decision. Strictly webdramas I feel will still have a chance to be able to air this year, but for tv dramas... well... I try not to think on this worst case scenario". 

 

  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

 

This is so ridiculous <_< *sigh*

I wanted to check out Legend of White Snake too (supporting TMOPB's Bai Zhen woot woot!), sad that I can't now...

I wonder why it said Pillow Book was affected though :huh: it's suppose to air in the 4th quarter so I hope it won't get delayed by this.

 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, rapo65 said:

What is your favorite part in Aranya's dream?

 

1. Absolute favorite/most anticipated part for me is definitely (same scene everyone loves haha) when Fengjiu cries her heart out with the wind blowing and petals scattering as Donghua drops the medicine bowl and discovers Aranya was actually Fengjiu. The feelsss!! The angst!!! :lol:

 

Also looking forward to:

 

2. The sizzlin' yet hilarious lovesick potion scene, where Fengjiu pins down DH (as Xize) to the bed and he's just like 'who taught you this? I sure didn't" hahaha...:joy:

Xize: “ 'Dragging to bed, stripping off clothes, pushing down, lying on top'...'These four steps were done quite adeptly,' he seemed to sigh, 'but I don't remember ever teaching you this. Where did you learn it?'  "

Fengjiu: “ 'From books,' she foggily answered him. 'In books are jade-like beauties, in books are houses of gold, you can find everything in books.' ” 

Xize: " 'Does that book tell you what to do next?' The man's voice was very low. "

Fengjiu: "She slightly moved away from him to watch his face and nodded her head. 'It does.' ... 'The next step is to blow out the light, after that would be the morning after,' she told him in all seriousness. Then she was suddenly confused: “But where is the light?”

Xize: "The young man maintained his vulnerable pose, having both hands pinned down by her. He gazed at her a while then at last said, 'I think something was left out when you read that book.' ”

 

(And all the extra goodies in between ;):wub:)

 

3. Another hilarious scene when DH+FJ first enter Aranya's dream where FJ reaps payback and kisses DH thinking it's all a dream, "[shocking] Dijun into a stunned state". She thinks she's "taking advantage" of DH but then he completely flips it on her...

 

 

Spoiler

 

"She thought to herself that just a moment ago, she was suspicious this was a dream, the next moment Cang'yi Shenjun had changed to Donghua. This proved it was indeed a dream...That year when she left Jiuchongtian, the only regret she had was that she had entrusted her love to the wrong person and never got anything back; it was a disgrace to Qingqiu. Since they got to see each other again in a dream, and dreams could change any minute, what would she do if Donghua vanished from her in the next second? She must seize this moment to kiss him. Such opportunity doesn't come knocking twice. It wasn't bad if she could reap payback even if only inside her dream. "

 

"...Fengjiu felt satisfied with this display. She was taking advantage of him – he should sit there like a statue. It'd be better if afterwards his face reddened from the embarrassment of being taken advantage of."

 

"...She released him after a couple of licks, feeling it wasn't too bad that she had taken advantage of him to this point. And anyhow, she wasn't too experienced, she didn't really know how else to take further advantage of him."

 

"...Finally content, she moved back to lie down on the pillow when she was held back by a strong force. She hadn't realized what was happening when Dijun had already loomed closer to her face...Dijun looked at her a while, then ever so naturally bent down and gently grazed over her lips with his icy ones. Fengjiu dazedly heard a string snap inside her head. He studied her with deep, dark eyes. Seeing her lashes flutter, he unhurriedly deepened the force, coaxed open her lips, easily found her tongue, and guided her to clumsily return his kiss."

 

"...Her mind had turned to mush by this kiss. This glob of mush faintly thought to herself: compared to the fluttering kiss she initiated, his kiss was so brutal in comparison. Dijun was definitely a god who never wanted to lose. He was on an entirely other level to pay back even one teeny tiny offense."

...

 

"...She found out today for the first time that not only lips were used in kissing, but that tongues could also be used. She had always thought kissing only involved touching lips and nothing else, and that the more love there was, the longer they must stay attached. For example, she had pressed her lips onto Dijun's for so long, her love must have reached the depth of the sea."

 

 

Also hilarious when DH realizes she thinks it's all a dream hahaha :joy:

 

“But this is my dream, so I could do whatever I want.” Here, she suddenly realized. Yes, this was her dream, Donghua was created from her imagination. Usually, she never won against him in an argument, how could he still be so arrogant even in her dream? He was really disregarding the dream's owner!

 

She looked at Donghua fearlessly with newfound bravado: “You, you are merely created from my imagination. In my own dream, I can take advantage of you all I want to, however I want to. But you can't do the same to me.” She barreled on now that her mind was clearing: “You don't have to counter what I said with reason, because there are no reasons in this dream, my words are the only reason!” Her speech was said with conviction. When she finished, she herself was a little awed. She quietly watched Dijun.

 

Dijun was rendered blank for a long while."

 

 

Only did a top 3 because there's so many I want to put on this list!

(Especially if it was a list including all favorite scenes from both part 1 and part 2 of the pillow book)

Let's be honest, I'm just looking forward to everything haha

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

 

This is so ridiculous <_< *sigh*

I wanted to check out Legend of White Snake too (supporting TMOPB's Bai Zhen woot woot!), sad that I can't now...

I wonder why it said Pillow Book was affected though :huh: it's suppose to air in the 4th quarter so I hope it won't get delayed by this.

Yup, I was also waiting for Legend of the white snake :tears:

Maybe because there is to many competition ? Since its all pushed back to july maybe there will be a problem with airing date later

 

462mroE.jpg

 

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Maybe because there is to many competition ? Since its all pushed back to july maybe there will be a problem with airing date later

 

Truuuee :confounded: you have a good point.

With all these dramas needing to be aired, Pillow Book could even get pushed back to next year.

Oh my gosh, it's already so difficult waiting 'til the end of the this year!!!

Really hoping Pillow Book stays on schedule!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

 

Truuuee :confounded: you have a good point.

With all these dramas needing to be aired, Pillow Book could even get pushed back to next year.

Oh my gosh, it's already so difficult waiting 'til the end of the this year!!!

Really hoping Pillow Book stays on schedule!!

 

 

 

hmm..maybe Pillow book will not be affected. As far as i understood, it will be exclusively an web drama, so it shouldn't be affected. I don't know if this ban includes web dramas, but I think it doesn't. let's wait and see..if during this period (april-june) they continue airing or new costume dramas will air online on youku, iqiyi etc, then we have a chance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

The sizzlin' yet hilarious lovesick potion scene, where Fengjiu pins down DH (as Xize) to the bed and he's just like 'who taught you this? I sure didn't" hahaha...:joy:

 yessss, I laughed sooo much here :joy::joy:  

i wonder though, was Dijun at that time a virgin also? :joy::joy::joy: he talks here like he had tons of experience. ooor being so almighty he doesn't need any experience, he already knows everything :joy: 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rapo65 said:

i wonder though, was Dijun at that time a virgin also? :joy::joy::joy: he talks here like he had tons of experience. ooor being so almighty he doesn't need any experience, he already knows everything :joy: 

 

From what the novel says, yes, Fengjiu was his official first...he never had eyes for anyone until her :relaxed:

But I'm sure he gained some unwanted experience with all those demonesses sneaking into his bedchamber (though he just kinda threw them out hahaha) 

I'm sure with all his years he's probably read a few of those kinda books *wink wink* haha :lol:

 

At night when Donghua returned and found a beauty behind his bed curtain, he was slightly shocked.

 

“Coming back so late at night, you’ve made me wait quite miserably, Sire~~~”

 

Donghua bent down and lifted the maiden into his arms. Her breath quickened. “How impatient you are, Sire~~~”

 

This impatient Donghua carried his beauty to the door, and without a change in his expression, threw her out in one quick toss. He didn't forget to latch his door and blow out the light.

 

The young miss didn’t give up right away. It took quite a few more tosses for her to eventually stop. But she had started a whole new trend. Although getting kicked out by Donghua was a guaranteed thing, word had it that he was at least kind enough to carry the lady from his bed to the door. Many young ladies felt that it was still worth it to be in his arms even for a few brief moments. From then on, the demonic ladies found ways to undo the force field he cast around his house, and raced each other to sneak into his bed.

 

I wonder if they'll show this seen in the drama too ^^^ haha it'd be pretty funny to watch

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

 

From what the novel says, yes, Fengjiu was his official first...he never had eyes for anyone until her :relaxed:

But I'm sure he gained some unwanted experience with all those demonesses sneaking into his bedchamber (though he just kinda threw them out hahaha) 

I'm sure with all his years he's probably read a few of those kinda books *wink wink* haha :lol:

 

At night when Donghua returned and found a beauty behind his bed curtain, he was slightly shocked.

 

“Coming back so late at night, you’ve made me wait quite miserably, Sire~~~”

 

Donghua bent down and lifted the maiden into his arms. Her breath quickened. “How impatient you are, Sire~~~”

 

This impatient Donghua carried his beauty to the door, and without a change in his expression, threw her out in one quick toss. He didn't forget to latch his door and blow out the light.

 

The young miss didn’t give up right away. It took quite a few more tosses for her to eventually stop. But she had started a whole new trend. Although getting kicked out by Donghua was a guaranteed thing, word had it that he was at least kind enough to carry the lady from his bed to the door. Many young ladies felt that it was still worth it to be in his arms even for a few brief moments. From then on, the demonic ladies found ways to undo the force field he cast around his house, and raced each other to sneak into his bed.

 

I wonder if they'll show this seen in the drama too ^^^ haha it'd be pretty funny to watch

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there also a "visitor" of the same gender?! 

Hahaha...that got me laughing so hard.

Poor Donghua Dijun! So attractive to everybody!

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 7:53 AM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes they will, at the Tencent event the MC is talking about that scene :D

 

 

 omg bless your sweet soul, I've been trying to find this with english subs! thanks!

 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:20 AM, ElleSor said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there also a "visitor" of the same gender?! 

Hahaha...that got me laughing so hard.

Poor Donghua Dijun! So attractive to everybody!

 

Yes!! There was a dude too and he just threw him out by the neck :joy:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@midnight_muse You're welcome ~

For you guys who is new here I'll share this again, check this channel for leaked fancams

 

My favorite channel for the beautiful FMV

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCavj81SYN3RGBgqJESOK6-g

 

For engsubbed videos (mostly Vengo's related videos)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN19JkNcZ0JNtAlr-xgzxfw

 

And GuangRe channel also for engsubbed video

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoxgRMDxoiTZCryN7Bwd0Sw

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rapo65 said:

 

 

hmm..maybe Pillow book will not be affected. As far as i understood, it will be exclusively an web drama, so it shouldn't be affected. I don't know if this ban includes web dramas, but I think it doesn't. let's wait and see..if during this period (april-june) they continue airing or new costume dramas will air online on youku, iqiyi etc, then we have a chance. 

 

This ban is web and online. 

 

https://onehallyu.com/topic/780547-more-restrictions-china-blocks-out-broadcast-dates-for-ancient-dramas/

  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

This ban is web and online. 

 

soo sad then. i was waiting for such a long time to see The Wolf, which was rumored to air in May, but now it's impossible. this means that Pillow book will be pushed for sure towards December, maybe even next year :tears::tears::tears: meeeh...why, whyyyy? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...