[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

I cannot answer this question fully but on this point. The bracelet and hairpin are kept in DH sleeves, she could not possibly summon them back. I don't think LOL. However, FJ magic isn't bad, she can call water or rain from heaven (can't remember which level) to suppress fire beast.  For sure she is better than Zhi He. 

Ack I will need to re-read that part! (Im reading hamester's translations). I didnt realize she d called water. 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

That fan is a magical artifact that's also hers, as it had chosen her as its owner in the first place. Whether YH likes it or not, it will answer to the summons of its owner.

Heh i just enjoyed that scene in the drama.  Just suddenly not there while he was looking at it.

That's going against DH, hehehe! Like what @Pesca said, the items are inside DH's magical sleeve "pocket".

Even Zhe Yan couldn't retrieve her back when she was a handkerchief hidden in his sleeve. It's funny in the drama, but even more funny in the book:

She happily lay inside Donghua’s sleeve and waited for him to hand her over to Zheyan. His long slender fingers indeed reached inside his sleeve, but she had underestimated Donghua’s level of shamelessness. Passing by her, his finger produced an exact replica that was also neatly folded. He handed it over to Zheyan. “I picked up this one just now on the 33rd Heaven. Is it yours?” he said as he spooned more incense into the burner. He added, “If it’s not, you should visit Lord Liansong's Yuanji Palace. Perhaps he picked it up.”(PB1, p76)

That is what I was wondering... and yea right there he created a new replica out of nothing? -how??

Lol...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Ack I will need to re-read that part! (Im reading hamester's translations). I didnt realize she d called water. 

She summoned rains by playing her flute, all the while distracting the Chiyan beast so that Mi Gu and the dancers can escape from Chengtian terrace which was on fire. :)

That is what I was wondering... and yea right there he created a new replica out of nothing? -how??

Lol...

LOL, Grandpa weirdo got lots of tricks and things up his sleeves! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Heh i just enjoyed that scene in the drama.  Just suddenly not there while he was looking at it.

Yes. I like that scene too which EP is it if you know out of your memory?

I am curious has TQ ever explained who and what are in which level of sky kingdom? I seem to see things and immortals located in level 30 up (Xiwu Palace, Yuanji Palace etc.). Except DH who lives in level 13th and the magic mirror (level 7?).  

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Just come back from school run. @MayanEchoYes, that is funny. ha ha.  That also remind me in the drama when FJ went to the hall full with immortals to ask for her bracelet back from DH (Reba and Vengo played so well).  I will rewatch those episodes again. ha ha..

That scene is so funny! Also, FJ really knows how to save herself in the most awkward situations! Except when butt naked in the transparent pool when walked in on by DH. :lol: 

U1vZ8jA.jpg

1st posted by Ninky some 500 pages back. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

That is ep27 TMOPB

42 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

That scene is so funny! Also, FJ really knows how to save herself in the most awkward situations! Except when butt naked in the transparent pool when walked in on by DH. 

The monk was staring, only turned away when told to. :sweatingbullets: But gosh FJ, if you're running away from blind date banquet, wash a little if you may, but you don't take a dip in between, LOL! And what if any of the blind dates caught up? :phew:

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

Lol...

She did summon rain by playing her flute in the Chi Yan beast fight in the book and this scene is far better in the book as it makes Zhi He look way more useless, like she really is. 

And creating a replica is easy done with magic. For people like Dong Hua with dense cultivation, its easy peasy.

46 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That is ep27 TMOPB

The monk was staring, only turned away when told to. :sweatingbullets: But gosh FJ, if you're running away from blind date banquet, wash a little if you may, but you don't take a dip in between, LOL! And what if any of the blind dates caught up? :phew:

Says in the outtake that despite him not being interested in love relationships, he doesn’t have that kind of social barrier with people of opposite gender.

The book was also more risqué in that hot spring scene in the pillow book. The water was transparent and her body could be clearly seen. Plus he was actually inside the hot spring still...when he first saw someone in it.

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

I am curious has TQ ever explained who and what are in which level of sky kingdom? I seem to see things and immortals located in level 30 up (Xiwu Palace, Yuanji Palace etc.). Except DH who lives in level 13th and the magic mirror (level 7?).  

Actually dh isn’t on 13th. The author wrote 一十三天, which means one thirteen so it could be possibly 113 floor!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

@Romulan by the way, have you noticed that DH got rid of the white flower pin when he trained FJ in the valley? I could not believe it that he minded that white flower so much.

Actually I missed that.. 

Very subtle, no? :rolleyes:

Indeed - clearly this means I need to re-watch it now. 

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

She did summon rain by playing her flute in the Chi Yan beast fight in the book and this scene is far better in the book as it makes Zhi He look way more useless, like she really is. 

And creating a replica is easy done with magic. For people like Dong Hua with dense cultivation, its easy peasy.

I guess thats the part Im still a little vague on what types of magic are consider commonly done, any that are particular to certain groups or clans?  I know BQ and FJ learned alot of magic from Zhe Lan. 

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

44 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That is ep27 TMOPB

lol Mayan beat me to it.  here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=275wut7r0zc

it also has that oh so satisfying moment when Su Jin gets stabbed.

You know. I was realizing i feel sorry for the Su Jin clan. i mean they go and sacrifice themselves for the good of the God clan, even ask and is granted that the leader's daughter gets raised in the Celestial's palace. but then the daughter squanders their legacy completely!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

@Romulan by the way, have you noticed that DH got rid of the white flower pin when he trained FJ in the valley? I could not believe it that he minded that white flower so much.

Of course he would. Given his jealous nature the woman he likes was mourning some guy. That would stink to Dong Hua lol!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

28 minutes ago, Romulan said:

You know. I was realizing i feel sorry for the Su Jin clan. i mean they go and sacrifice themselves for the good of the God clan, even ask and is granted that the leader's daughter gets raised in the Celestial's palace. but then the daughter squanders their legacy completely!

I rather think the problem with Sujin is that because she's the only one left from her clan, she grew up and was too used handed everything she wants and more because it is "owed" to her. That is possible with material things, but not with a person who has his own way of thinking and feelings.

What's worse, Tianjun indulged her, albeit he also used her for his own agenda.

It was so grating to see her crying to Consort Lexu when Ye Hua's engagement to the Queen of Qing Qiu was announced. By then it was totally obvious that she can't handle disappointments or denials of her wishes.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I rather think the problem with Sujin is that because she's the only one left from her clan, she grew up and was too used handed everything she wants and more because it is "owed" to her. That is possible with material things, but not with a person who has his own way of thinking and feelings.

What's worse, Tianjun indulged her, albeit he also used her for his own agenda.

It was so grating to see her crying to Consort Lexu when Ye Hua's engagement to the Queen of Qing Qiu was announced. By then it was totally obvious that she can't handle disappointments or denials of her wishes.

Exactly. Im surprised that she wasnt brought up to think and focus on living up to her clan's legacy and keep it going.  heck it doesnt look like she got any of the training that was traditional for her clan. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Exactly. Im surprised that she wasnt brought up to think and focus on living up to her clan's legacy and keep it going.  heck it doesnt look like she got any of the training that was traditional for her clan. 

I think she is self centered because of everyone overindulged her just because she is the last surviving member of the clan. And just grew up into this narcissistic individual.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Romulan said:

33 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think she is self centered because of everyone overindulged her just because she is the last surviving member of the clan. And just grew up into this narcissistic individual.

She was never trained for combat and yet they let her fight against the shark clan...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Megan said:

She was never trained for combat and yet they let her fight against the shark clan...

Yea. (wasnt it against the mermaid clan?) I liked how LianSong called her out on it when she showed up all pretty and posing in the drama.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

Plus he was actually inside the hot spring still...when he first saw someone in it.

Reading the book it was unclear whether he saw her or not when she entered water, but he made noise which let FJ aware that someone was there. He could simply keep watching her....  :D  why making noise when he knew it is her?

I like VG face in this scene he matches that of DH. (his face is slightly blurry in that scene not sure is that the glitch on video or the cameraman didn't do a good job there?)

@SilverDawn, @Ninky thanks I love the picture. The person who did the illustrations in the book is very good. 

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

Actually dh isn’t on 13th. The author wrote 一十三天, which means one thirteen so it could be possibly 113 floor!

This is totally new to me. So how many level are there in the Sky kingdom? I thought it ends at 36th. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Pesca said:

Reading the book it was unclear whether he saw her or not when she entered water, but he made noise which let FJ aware that someone was there. He could simply keep watching her....  :D  why making noise when he knew it is her?

I like VG face in this scene he matches that of DH. (his face is slightly blurry in that scene not sure is that the glitch on video or the cameraman didn't do a good job there?)

@SilverDawn, @Ninky thanks I love the picture. The person who did the illustrations in the book is very good. 

This is totally new to me. So how many level are there in the Sky kingdom? I thought it ends at 36th. 

Pretty sure was just getting out when he saw her, its implied. This was the Chinese original version. I have never read hamsters

• Like 3