[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

To be fair, Meng Shao was young and wasn't really able to travel far and wide as Biyiniao males were forbidden to leave . Even if gossips reach Fanyin Valley, and pretty sure it includes the infamous exploits of FJ, he might have chosen to ignore those. ^_^

I wish that in the drama, they had really shown how FJ and Meng Shao first met as in the book - FJ in the palanquin, on the way to the palace of Cang'yi. What a hoot it would have been, the red fox manages to conquer another man's heart while she's about to be married. :lol:

Yeah, I would have loved to see that scene as well. 

• Wiggle 1

27 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

Yeah, I would have loved to see that scene as well. 

I would have also liked to see grandma Fumi's tirade over the Bingcang maze, and her amazement that FJ broke through. And the best, she lamenting over FJ's choice of husband.

I'd give money watching DH listening to her that she wanted an inferior husband for FJ so that they can back her up if his household mistreats her grandchild.:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I would have also liked to see grandma Fumi's tirade over the Bingcang maze, and her amazement that FJ broke through. And the best, she lamenting over FJ's choice of husband.

I'd give money watching DH listening to her that she wanted an inferior husband for FJ so that they can back her up if his household mistreats her grandchild.:lol:

I love how the Bai family are so close and always have each others back. Although some of their methods may be questionable. 

I  wonder if they'd be shocked, if they found out how DH pampers FJ? 

So I tried watching other dramas the past few days. DongFeng definitely set the romance level bar too high. I now have unrealistic expectations of how a couple should behave in dramas!

• Love 4

32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Bai Yi in the show already is for how much freedom DH gives FJ.

32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So I tried watching other dramas the past few days. DongFeng definitely set the romance level bar too high. I now have unrealistic expectations of how a couple should behave in dramas!

Their chemistry is really off the charts. I still watch them too, hahaha, for the background noises. It's windy in Fanyin, and I enjoy the occasional hoots or chirping of crickets. Mortal realm included caterwauls, which really made me laugh.

If I'll watch another, I might consider Legend of Fei, Princess Changge, or Novoland Pearl. I'm also interested with the upcomingYang Yang and Reba pair up, and a couple of Vengo's shows. Ahahaha, I really like fantasy costume or historical settings, or technology inclusions to the storyline.

I guess that also means I should finish GOT, or see the Chernobyl episodes. :lol:

I'm planning to ready the books and notebooks of the kids though in this week or so. My annual battle with the self-adhesive clear covering, lol. I get wrinkly, can't be corrected anymore covering when I wasn't precise and careful enough. When I do it perfectly, it's like the book has laminated cover.

• LOL 2

45 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

This got me thinking, when they first found out that FJ was married to DH what was their initial thoughts of DH and FJ's relationship was like? Did they think he's the usual cold and aloof deity towards FJ or did it ever cross their minds that the almighty DH could act like a kid in front of FJ? I believe it's the former because nobody knows the real DH. Even though Bai Zhi and Bai Yi were under his command once but i don't think they really got to know him personally. The Bais were probably worried how DH could really love FJ given his cold exterior. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, pawla said:

The Bais were probably worried how DH could really love FJ given his cold exterior.

They would worry whoever she marries because FJ is the only granddaughter of Bai Zhi and only child of Bai Yi.

As for DH, they knew how ruthless he can be as the one who fought for unifying the realms, and as the one who decided life and death while being the master of Universe.

They've never seen him actually adore, much less love anyone and they've only known his cold demeanor and icy face. Doubtful they'll even believe SMY if he tells them DH stole his lollies. :lol: The Biyiniao folks, SMY, LS and XY plus Ali were the fortunate ones who had seen DH's own method of courting FJ in Fanyin Valley and in Aranya's Dream.

The Bais were surely jolted once they learnt that DH carved out half his heart to make a ring for FJ...and his reason to do it.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

When Feng Jiu went to the mortal realm, I wonder if she was doing the “I told you so” thing when she was proven right. With such a powerful husband, they couldn’t get Dong Hua to sign the divorce papers.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

When Feng Jiu went to the mortal realm, I wonder if she was doing the “I told you so” thing when she was proven right. With such a powerful husband, they couldn’t get Dong Hua to sign the divorce papers.

Bai Zhi was wrong to ask for annulment in behalf of FJ in the first place. They didn't even ask his side on what happened from the reception up to DH's delayed arrival in Qing Qiu.

The Bai flaw of difficulties looking past their feeling of outrage - not seeing how serious DH is when he registered their marriage as soon as he and FJ arrived in Jiuchongtian, him declaring to the Bingcang ceremony spectators of being FJ's husband, and saving Qing Qiu from having to grant a favour to Nie Chuyin - was no help at all to fix problems.

• Unamused 1

6 hours ago, pawla said:

This got me thinking, when they first found out that FJ was married to DH what was their initial thoughts of DH and FJ's relationship was like? Did they think he's the usual cold and aloof deity towards FJ or did it ever cross their minds that the almighty DH could act like a kid in front of FJ? I believe it's the former because nobody knows the real DH. Even though Bai Zhi and Bai Yi were under his command once but i don't think they really got to know him personally. The Bais were probably worried how DH could really love FJ given his cold exterior. 

They probably thought it's a bad combo and DH will extinguish FJ's playful nature, because FJ will need to change to be compatible with the serious DH.

Haha never in a millions years would they have imagined how childish and spoilt DH acts in front of FJ. And how much DH love the playful and sassy FJ.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Bai Zhi was wrong to ask for annulment in behalf of FJ in the first place. They didn't even ask his side on what happened from the reception up to DH's delayed arrival in Qing Qiu.

The Bai flaw of difficulties looking past their feeling of outrage - not seeing how serious DH is when he registered their marriage as soon as he and FJ arrived in Jiuchongtian, him declaring to the Bingcang ceremony spectators of being FJ's husband, and saving Qing Qiu from having to grant a favour to Nie Chuyin - was no help at all to fix problems.

And everyone give FJ crap for being impulsive and make decisions based on her emotions. She most likely inherited the trait from BZ!

@MayanEcho ah back to school again? I remember trying to do that when I was in primary school.

Regarding other dramas.

Apart from the lack of chemistry, the storylines for most of the dramas are similar. It makes it less captivating. 

I tried Dr Cutie last night. FJ's uncle is the main male lead. He is very attractive, but he need to work on less frowning. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

ah back to school again? I remember trying to do that when I was in primary school.

Yeah, on Sep. The kids spent their 1stQ of academic year via online learning. They're on summer break now, and they're missing normal classes and seeing their friends. Unfortunately, things will not be the same anymore and they'll practice social distancing once school reopens.

18 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Regarding other dramas.

Apart from the lack of chemistry, the storylines for most of the dramas are similar. It makes it less captivating.

I've watched a few episodes of Untamed, and it's nice too. Haven't finished yet and I jumped to ep36, I think, the one wherein one of the leads got drunk? He's so proper when sober but drunk he stole chicken and gave to the other lead, then vandalized the barn he broke into? :lol:

I will also finish Candle In the Tomb of Vengo once I have more free time to binge watch.

• Like 1

*** Hairstyles Chronicles ***

The House of Purple family, sporting their own version of matching outfits with a twist...

EekDbDiVAAA-JVD?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtb_fate/status/1290566536084635649/photo/1

...The prankster pranked the prankster. The pranked prankster pranked the prankster...

EeerhOAU4AARKGL?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtb_fate/status/1290188409609183233/photo/2

...Somebody is soo staying outside to count the stars tonight...

:Twerkdatbutt:

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

What do I miss here? Now we are making sorrowless cakes? We are indeed the most loyal fans of ELOD :lol:, how come they haven't release the uncut version? :bawling:

Anyway, just a question that pops in my mind when I rewatch the drama, do you think FJ would defeat YCW during the competition to win the Pimpons fruit If YCW didn't under magic spell, so DH didn't have to "interfere" the match to break the spell, would FJ win againts YCW? 

I haven't read all the pages, so pardon me if I accidentally bring up the same topic/question again. 

On 7/29/2020 at 4:57 PM, Megan said:

This idea came out of nowhere but I really wanna see Zhiyue and Zhihe face off. Honestly Zhihe holds more sway in Taichen but Zhiyue won’t be chased away by Dong Hua apparently.

Wait, who is zhiyue? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

What do I miss here? Now we are making sorrowless cakes? We are indeed the most loyal fans of ELOD :lol:, how come they haven't release the uncut version? :bawling:

Anyway, just a question that pops in my mind when I rewatch the drama, do you think FJ would defeat YCW during the competition to win the Pimpons fruit If YCW didn't under magic spell, so DH didn't have to "interfere" the match to break the spell, would FJ win againts YCW? 

I haven't read all the pages, so pardon me if I accidentally bring up the same topic/question again. 

Though FJ was trained well by DH, and before that by her father, XY has more cultivation and was also taught by the Netherworld deity Xie Hualu. Prior to that XY used to challenge DH for duels, to which he managed to hold his own.

FJ will lose against XY in a swordfight. The Saha fruit contest however required skills in fighting on ice stakes, so FJ and XY had a good match in the show. In the book however, XY didn't join the competition.

I guess the loyalty is from liking plots and twists of the novels of the 3L3W universe, and the drama adaptations were fairly well portrayed. There's upcoming 4 books too to anticipate of. :)

• Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hello. Out of curiosity, is Fuling cake made from the same type of Fuling flowers that Dong Hua likes?

And oh yeah, there’s one thing i am confused about. Song Xuanren recently became emperor but how did he get a harem that fast? Did he marry them as crown prince? Or were they the previous emperor’s harem?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello. Out of curiosity, is Fuling cake made from the same type of Fuling flowers that Dong Hua likes?

And oh yeah, there’s one thing i am confused about. Song Xuanren recently became emperor but how did he get a harem that fast? Did he marry them as crown prince? Or were they the previous emperor’s harem?

From the drama viewpoint, isn't it that before Song Xuan Ren is an emperor, he was already an adult and hence would have the privilege of having his own concubines/harem? Also, that SXR is bestowed the crown prince title from when he was born - the bone of contention of his elder half brother Prince Ying?

IIRC, the Ancient Chinese age of maturity is 20 for men and 15 for women, though there's also a mention of 16 for both sexes depending on which dynasty/period/era. You'll have to research that though to confirm if my memory is correct on the ages.

Should you check it further, you might want to find out which imperial dynasty have similar setup on ranks from the emperor to his citizens to that of Song Xuan Ren's. You'll have to consider as well the rankings and titles of SXR's concubines. That way, you can confirm if he inherited the harem of his father as his own, or in that time period, what would be done to a dead/former emperor's concubines.

• Insightful 2

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

From the drama viewpoint, isn't it that before Song Xuan Ren is an emperor, he was already an adult and hence would have the privilege of having his own concubines/harem? Also, that SXR is bestowed the crown prince title from when he was born - the bone of contention of his elder half brother Prince Ying?

IIRC, the Ancient Chinese age of maturity is 20 for men and 15 for women, though there's also a mention of 16 for both sexes depending on which dynasty/period/era. You'll have to research that though to confirm if my memory is correct on the ages.

Should you check it further, you might want to find out which imperial dynasty have similar setup on ranks from the emperor to his citizens to that of Song Xuan Ren's. You'll have to consider as well the rankings and titles of SXR's concubines. That way, you can confirm if he inherited the harem of his father as his own, or in that time period, what would be done to a dead/former emperor's concubines.

I never thought of that he may have inherited the harem.

SXR was lucky, his step mum was actually so kind to him. 

• Like 3