[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

22 minutes ago, AliceSwift13 said:

Thanks sososo much!!! Been looking for an hd quality of this for quite a whule. Don't know why I just couldn't seem to find one...

You're welcome! ^_^ When Google searching the image, at the top portion there will be "more sizes" options for the image. It's random like trial and error though, and image can be either smaller or bigger when right clicking it to open in another tab.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, AliceSwift13 said:

Hi all! Haven't been on here for a while... 

Super off-topic, but anyone know where I can find an hd-quality of the white outfit, red strings picture that elod released? Want to put it on a phone case... 

Awesome choice. I love the poster the most too! Everything about it is just :wub:

9 hours ago, Ninky said:

Guys I am still alive. Working on some blog posts this week. Have been busy lately due to total lockdown in vic and homeschooling 3 kids!

Hey Ninky, been thinking of you! I was wondering if you were doing okay. Glad you dropped in to let us know. Wow 3 kids go home school is no walk in the park.

9 hours ago, Megan said:

This is just a measure of star power, but would you rather:

1) drink wine brewed by Zhe Yan or Mo Yuan?

2) learn how to fight from Mo Yuan or Dong Hua?

3) experience life in the Sky Kingdom or Qingqiu?

Gotta respect the hard work of moms.

1. Zhe Yan. He seems to know his wine.

2. Dong Hua. Just to hear his poisonous tongue once in a while! For some reason, I think Mo Yuan's personality may make training a bore.

3. 110% Qingqiu. I love their laid-back and supportive culture. 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

You're welcome! ^_^ When Google searching the image, at the top portion there will be "more sizes" options for the image. It's random like trial and error though, and image can be either smaller or bigger when right clicking it to open in another tab.

If I was an teenager, I would print it and put the gigantic poster up in my room. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

If I was an teenager, I would print it and put the gigantic poster up in my room. 

It's a simple, yet a stunningly beautiful photo. The red threads of Fate, their clasped hands, the way they are gazing at each other...they look ethereal. :heart:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It's a simple, yet a stunningly beautiful photo. The red threads of Fate, their clasped hands, the way they are gazing at each other...they look ethereal. :heart:

Isn't it just?! 

Random question, is Moyuan's personality similar to Yehua? 

I was trying to read a fanfiction based on Moyuan. I got too use to DH's shameless ways, that I find him rather uninspiring. But it could be the author's writing style.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:58 PM, ChibiLy said:

So I tried watching other dramas the past few days. DongFeng definitely set the romance level bar too high. I now have unrealistic expectations of how a couple should behave in dramas!

Right?  :grin:.  I don't think I can watch any dramas the same way again. :joy:

On 8/12/2020 at 5:54 PM, Megan said:

This is just a measure of star power, but would you rather:

1) drink wine brewed by Zhe Yan or Mo Yuan?

2) learn how to fight from Mo Yuan or Dong Hua?

3) experience life in the Sky Kingdom or Qingqiu?

Gotta respect the hard work of moms.

I'd drink Zhe Yan. I think it's more interesting living in Qingqiu. As for the 2nd question,  I'll have to wait for Mo Yuan's story.  :blush:

19 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Great idea, i might just do this.:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

For some reason Zhe Yan’s wine is more popular despite even Bai Qian grudgingly admitting her teacher’s wine was superior...

for me, I don’t drink wine. I hate the taste of alcohol, which ruins Black Forest cake for me. The closest I can come to peach wine is ice peach tea

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Megan said:

For some reason Zhe Yan’s wine is more popular despite even Bai Qian grudgingly admitting her teacher’s wine was superior...

for me, I don’t drink wine. I hate the taste of alcohol, which ruins Black Forest cake for me. The closest I can come to peach wine is ice peach tea

I think it's also because Zheyan might be a more fun drinking buddy :lol:.  He might have a lot of stories to tell.  I don't drink either but my daughter said we're going to drink on her birthday :joy:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I was trying to read a fanfiction based on Moyuan. I got too use to DH's shameless ways, that I find him rather uninspiring. But it could be the author's writing style.

MY and YH have that quiet and reserved demeanor,  probably due to their upbringing. Like a monk. Add to that their family backgrounds. Both are expected to be well-mannered at all times. 

As for DH...well, he is icy faced, he is also monkish. But he's also very shameless when it comes to being assertive and driving his point. Add the vinegar tongue that gets half the tasks done. ^_^

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Peach blossom wine is ZY's signature wine known far and wide. I rather think MY's wine is an acquired taste. No one goes to Kunlun for wines. Only BQ will dare get drunk at her school's cellars. :lol: 

5 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

I think it's also because Zheyan might be a more fun drinking buddy.  He might have a lot of stories to tell.  I don't drink either but my daughter said we're going to drink on her birthday.

The old phoenix certainly got lots of stories too under his belt! His peach forest, fruits, and wines are perfect for drinking...and getting drunk. :D 

Advanced happy birthday to your daughter! Have a good time on her special day. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

In a way, but there is a slight difference to their personalities. I feel like Yehua is more 'boring' so when he meets Baiqian he becomes a lot more passionate while Moyuan's personality before TMOPB in the beginning of Bodhi fate is very emotionally detatched and cold. Shaowan points this out as a possible reason on why many people feel uncomfortable around him.

Also in the first part of Bodhi fate, Shaowan gets put in a mediation/numerology class by Moyuan's father/God of the heavens in order to have a calmer mind and spirit. What even more interesting is that when she goes inside she sees Moyuan, Donghua, Zheyan and Yao guang(lady who is obsessed with MY in the beginning of TMOPB) Now obviously DH would be there since he has his own history of being a heartless monster(before FJ of course) and Zheyan probability has his own violent ambitions that hes using now mediation to shake off any of those desires.

Anyway, Shaowan starts to think to herself why would Moyuan enter class about having a calmer mind when hes seems to be the calmest out of everyone in the class? I think Bodhi fate is trying to establish Moyuan is not as calm as he seems? Maybe possible anger issues that leads him into becoming the God of war? Idk. We'll have to see when Bodhi fate gets updated.

But one thing I have noticed is that in TMOPB is that Moyuan is more caring and understanding especially to his students at Kunlun. Maybe his 'complicated relationship' with Shaowan had to with his change of personality? You know what they say, 'Love changes you as a person'

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

51 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I think Bodhi fate is trying to establish Moyuan is not as calm as he seems? Maybe possible anger issues that leads him into becoming the God of war?

Mo Yuan is still a dragon after all, an alpha dragon to be exact.

His days with Shao Wan would have tested  to the limits his patience. :lol: Even if Bai Qian and other disciples were very naughty, what they do might not even be half of the white phoenix' previous antics.

Fushen must have put  them in that class because of his students' immense powers. It won't do if these ancient gods and deities can not reign in their tempers, when anyone of them can easily destroy the realms.

I rather think that these legends are coping in their own ways to always be calm. ^_^ For instance, Zhe Yan tends his ten miles of peach forest, ferments peach wines with different potencies, and co-parents the Bais. Dong Hua on the other hand fishes, reads Buddhist books, dabbles in pottery, handcrafts things in Tai Chen, harvests his tea leaves and fruits, and can even do stitching apart from house chores. 

Both are known to be eccentric and have withdrawn from public life. What they normally do in their domains all require lots and lots of patience. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, daydreamer77 said:

don't drink either but my daughter said we're going to drink on her birthday 

Cheers to another year! Well wishes to your daughter.

meanwhile...I finally watched episode 1. What struck me most, beyond Feng Jiu’s voice (I much prefer her voice when she is older. This one sounds too childish for a teen) was Zhao Lu. I like her instantly. Sad we won’t get to see much of her.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, Megan said:

meanwhile...I finally watched episode 1. What struck me most, beyond Feng Jiu’s voice (I much prefer her voice when she is older. This one sounds too childish for a teen) was Zhao Lu. I like her instantly. Sad we won’t get to see much of her.

I rather feel FJ was given that voice to emphasize that she was a naive, giggly, young teen before going to and when she first arrived in Tai Chen.

Zhao Lu, Moyun, and Cha-cha are impressive. The friends FJ made and her servants are all good. Whereas Yu Ru of ZH is as mean as her. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

In a way, but there is a slight difference to their personalities. I feel like Yehua is more 'boring' so when he meets Baiqian he becomes a lot more passionate while Moyuan's personality before TMOPB in the beginning of Bodhi fate is very emotionally detatched and cold. Shaowan points this out as a possible reason on why many people feel uncomfortable around him.

Also in the first part of Bodhi fate, Shaowan gets put in a mediation/numerology class by Moyuan's father/God of the heavens in order to have a calmer mind and spirit. What even more interesting is that when she goes inside she sees Moyuan, Donghua, Zheyan and Yao guang(lady who is obsessed with MY in the beginning of TMOPB) Now obviously DH would be there since he has his own history of being a heartless monster(before FJ of course) and Zheyan probability has his own violent ambitions that hes using now mediation to shake off any of those desires.

Anyway, Shaowan starts to think to herself why would Moyuan enter class about having a calmer mind when hes seems to be the calmest out of everyone in the class? I think Bodhi fate is trying to establish Moyuan is not as calm as he seems? Maybe possible anger issues that leads him into becoming the God of war? Idk. We'll have to see when Bodhi fate gets updated.

But one thing I have noticed is that in TMOPB is that Moyuan is more caring and understanding especially to his students at Kunlun. Maybe his 'complicated relationship' with Shaowan had to with his change of personality? You know what they say, 'Love changes you as a person'

Thanks for explaining it to me. Now it makes more sense.

It sounds like before meeting BQ, Yehua was not living at all.

Interesting points regarding Moyuan. So Moyuan may appeared to be calm and emotional detached, but underneath he was in turmoil. I can see why he passed on the DJ role to DH.

On the other hand, DH was emotionally detached and he needed to learn to be empathetic.

Shaowan was the most expressive and honest with her thoughts and desires, so she had to learn self restraint. 

Father God had his hands full. I admire how he tried to teach these ancient deities to balance their thoughts and emotions.

I look forward to reading Moyuan and Shaowan's story. I want to see how Shaowan crack Moyuan's calm facade and loosen him up abit. 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Both are known to be eccentric and have withdrawn from public life. What they normally do in their domains all require lots and lots of patience. 

Interesting and valid point. When an individual does not confirm to norm, they are seen as eccentric.

DH is different, but he had good reason to stay in Taichen Palace.

Look what happened, as soon as he steps out, he loses significant amount of power, that was supposed to be reserved to save the world.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 8/15/2020 at 1:07 AM, ChibiLy said:

DH is different, but he had good reason to stay in Taichen Palace.

The number of girls plus one brave lad interested/attracted/obsessed with him in eight deserts and six directions is frightening. I'll hide in Tai Chen Palace too, and half parent the Jiuchongtian rascal Lian Song rather than face that horde. :lol:

On 8/15/2020 at 1:07 AM, ChibiLy said:

Look what happened, as soon as he steps out, he loses significant amount of power, that was supposed to be reserved to save the world.  

The weirdo of Tai Chen who avoids crowd like the plague left his palace and joined the wedding procession in Qing Qiu...because the time has finally come for him to meet his Xiao Bai. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

This one has definitely been translated before, but don't remember by who and it's cute, so I did it again anyways!

KgQDPD6.png

weibo.com/tangqigongzi

Dong Hua was definitely not that courteous in the drama. Instead of “will you marry me?”, he says “I will marry you.” On the bright side, at least he didn’t insult her in that proposal.

My fav DongFeng comic in the picture books is when Feng Jiu asks Dong Hua about the issue of her homework while he goes off on a trip. When Dong Hua tells her he completed it already, she leaves him speechless that she is going back to sleep then. In other words, the only reason she wanted to send him off early in the morning was because of homework, not because she missed him. lol. I like this comic because the rest of the DongFeng comics show DJ having the upper hand and last laugh. Poor FJ. 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

15 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua was definitely not that courteous in the drama. Instead of “will you marry me?”, he says “I will marry you.” On the bright side, at least he didn’t insult her in that proposal.

At least FJ was lucid when he told her his very straightforward intent to marry her. They are in a relationship after all. ^_^ His proposal is still better than BQ's - she asked YH to marry her as payment for taking care of him. :lol: 

The worst and senselessly irresponsible would have been Bai Yi in the way he almost got FJ married off to Cang'yi in EP 23. Who hands contracts to someone so drunk, and lets her fix signature when she's inebriated? Also, Cang'yi didn't even formally meet FJ first before sending the marriage contract through ZY. He was good to acknowledge that shortcomings of his. While Bai Yi...:wacko:

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1