[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Megan said:

While Feng Jiu finds Dong Hua devastatingly gorgeous, she admits Xiao Yan is prettier (in an attempt to cheer him up) ....wish I could see Dijun’s reaction when he hears that. Especially considering he told Ali he fell in love with Feng Jiu for her appearance (in a comic outtake)

another thing, while Jiheng was the villain of the story, second to Miao Luo and etc, she got her happy ending in the drama.

in the book, does she also have a happy ending? She is accepted into the demon clan. Will probably be matched to a husband suitable for a princess.

XY has a face more delicate and prettier than most girls. Had he heard, DH will troll XY for that. BGG thinks XY is a "sister". Wait till BGG actually calls XY as auntie. :lol: Shao Wan when she wakes will have no qualms describing the demon lord as feminine.

Re: JH, in the book Xu Yang is still alive, so he can always arrange a marriage for her, perhaps in the next books. Not necessarily to XY, which is a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

XY has a face more delicate and prettier than most girls. Had he heard, DH will troll XY for that. BGG thinks XY is a "sister". Wait till BGG actually calls XY as auntie. :lol: Shao Wan when she wakes will have no qualms describing the demon lord as feminine.

Re: JH, in the book Xu Yang is still alive, so he can always arrange a marriage for her, perhaps in the next books. Not necessarily to XY, which is a good thing. 

Xiao Yan is taken. The truth is Xie Hua Lou was attracted to Xiao Yan's pretty face. That's why she took him in as a disciple when he was younger. Of course Hua Lou herself is a very beautiful woman. That's why Xie Gu Chou isn't happy, his sister left a letter for him to ask him to please take care of Xiao Yan while she is asleep...this is written in one of Lotus Step released chapters.  Remember both lords are on rotational duty, one sleeps when the other is awake. 

That's why XGC called him "Idiot" at the end of Pillow Book. He so doesn't like his future Brother in law hahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Xiao Yan is taken. The truth is Xie Hua Lou was attracted to Xiao Yan's pretty face. That's why she took him in as a disciple when he was younger. Of course Hua Lou herself is a very beautiful woman. That's why Xie Gu Chou isn't happy, his sister left a letter for him to ask him to please take care of Xiao Yan while she is asleep...this is written in one of Lotus Step released chapters.  Remember both lords are on rotational duty, one sleeps when the other is awake. 

That's why XGC called him "Idiot" at the end of Pillow Book. He so doesn't like his future Brother in law hahaha.

I'm not yet in that chapter, but thanks for the heads up! :love: I'm still laughing at chapter 11-2 "date" of the general and the "rejected" bride. :joy: Some parts are sad, from remembering childhood memories of a particular fireworks, but what followed next...:dizzy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, Megan said:

To remember that Dong Hua ruled the universe with an iron fist and no mercy....and now for Feng Jiu, he peels fruits for her and carved his heart for her...wow.

Hea head over heels, to the moon and back, to eternity and beyond in love with her. And she with him. :D

• Like 6

I’m curious. In the book, Aranya’s Dream was a mobile thing Feng Jiu was unfortunate to encounter when she was entrapped by the serpents.

but in the drama, it seems like you enter the dream via the serpents...

Books: DHDJ led the campaign with 72 gods and generals to conquer and unify the 8 deserts and 6 directions.

BGG: Ah??? 

Mommy's sorrowless pastry :love: VS Daddy's sweet and sour catch for the day :dizzy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 1

In the spirit of keeping this topic alive and enduring, why don’t we all mention one of our favourite chapters from each pillow book?

pillow book 1: restaurant scene. I love how jealous Dong Hua gets. But we see he already wants Feng Jiu to sit next to him. Poor Xiao Yan...

pillow book 2: one of my favourite scenes is when Feng Jiu is thinking about adding a vegetable garden. During this time, we see Dong Hua peeling and feeding loquats to his Wife (that is so endearing), Feng Jiu thoughtfully adding in both of their favourite foods, and she even knows Dong Hua doesn’t like spicy food.

• Like 2

In other news, regarding Zhihe.... seriously what do you guys think would have happened if Dong Hua was around (with Feng Jiu) when Zhihe went to Taichen Palace after the Bingcang ceremony?

personally I think Dong Hua would have declared her behavior unseemly and sent her back into exile to learn her manners.

also...Zhihe’s reaction when she learned he took FJ to the holy blue sea. I am guessing even Zhihe never went there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Well, we will be releasing prologue of lotus step soon. We are getting there. Translating a book requires more time than an article :). Tang Qi is a very poetic author :)

Thanks once again for the heads up! Looking forward for Lian Song and Cheng Yu's sojourn to begin!  :love:

• Like 3

Btw, something had been confusing me. Ali and Meng Shao made reference to this but they said that if something unpleasant had happened, they would ram their heads into tofu to kill themselves. Considering that tofu is soft, i am confused

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Books: DHDJ led the campaign with 72 gods and generals to conquer and unify the 8 deserts and 6 directions.

BGG: Ah??? 

Mommy's sorrowless pastry :love: VS Daddy's sweet and sour catch for the day :dizzy:

My imagination has been making a lot of headcanons about the first one. BGG does not believe of the achievements of his father but he has to learn about him at school because DH is "apparently a legend". And when calamity comes tens of thoudsands years later, BGG will see how a badass his dad is :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6