[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Question. What is the age difference between Ali and Gungun? I can't seem to calculate it.

Around 300 years when BQ met Ali again, then 3 years afterwards when YH woke up, then 223 years again before they got married, give around a year for the time spent in Jiuchongtian after wedding, Fanyin Valley (6mo trapped+2mo valley is open), Aranya's Dream, sword keeping prep and ceremony, then wedding prep and reception. Then 3 years pregnancy of FJ.

300+3+223+1+3=530 approximate years Ali is elder than BGG. Ali will be around 727 and BGG 197 the first time they met. 

• Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2020 at 3:57 PM, hwen2ee said:

Don't get away from ELOD!!!! But if you do manage to get away from it, please let me know how you got away from it. 

I've tried to watch other stuff, but I keep coming back. I can't help it!!!!! :blush:

i know how is this!! I tried to watch so many dramas but none was good enough to me to watch to whole thing and move on.

Still now i think soo much about ELOD!!

The only drama that made me move on was Winter Begonia, its really really good and artistic. Is the only one that i managed  to watch and got addicted too hahah Now i cant stop thinking about winter begonia too 

I really recommend, is really good!!:blush:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He's too thick skinned. :lol: Neither would Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan mind, I think. These two are quite cool and funny their own right. Mo Yuan on the other hand... :smirk:

I'm reading through the Lotus Steps even if the Google translate is quite crappy with the chapter 6 I'm presently skimming. There's something about Shao Wan...and Mo Yuan, hahahaha!

You should wait for our translation. Google tends to get the context wrong :).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

You should wait for our translation. Google tends to get the context wrong :).

Thanks @Ninky :wub:  Eagerly waiting for the translation you and the other ladies are doing. Just that can't help scanning through what Google or MS translate would come up with...and more often than not ending up bursting with laughter. :lol:

• Like 1

So, I was at work and this song came up on my playlist.  I was almost in tears :dissapointed:.  

I don't understand a word, but the melody is so sad, for me at least.  When I hear this song, I think of the scene where Fengjiu was walking away from Dijun.  I'm not actually sure if this is the song.  

Fortunately, I was able to hold it all in and didn't bawl right out :joy:.  

691aad1817e3f09000f5e0c2409049f4.jpg

Love this instrumental too.  I think of their sweet and tender moments in the drama :blush:

d488d5bc25ed6efa72d805dd48a4e282.jpg

This will be forever Xuanren's song to me :lol:....his unfulfilled dream :joy:

a62dfb45426baf9b9fcb07142ef05761.jpg

I really love the whole OST. :blush:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

I don't understand a word, but the melody is so sad, for me at least.  When I hear this song, I think of the scene where Fengjiu was walking away from Dijun.  I'm not actually sure if this is the song.  

It is. That scene in ep55 is still so hard to watch. Bitterly broken-hearted FJ, and equally devastated, heartbroken DH. 

• Like 4

Hello. Out of curiosity, do you know where I can ask Tang Qi a question? I know it’s unlikely she’ll answer but I just want to give it a try. Plz also provide the link. Plz and 3Q :)

20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Around 300 years when BQ met Ali again, then 3 years afterwards when YH woke up, then 223 years again before they got married, give around a year for the time spent in Jiuchongtian after wedding, Fanyin Valley (6mo trapped+2mo valley is open), Aranya's Dream, sword keeping prep and ceremony, then wedding prep and reception. Then 3 years pregnancy of FJ.

300+3+223+1+3=530 approximate years Ali is elder than BGG. Ali will be around 727 and BGG 197 the first time they met. 

Haha thanks for doing the math. I thought Ali would have been around 700 years old by the end of the drama but too lazy to calculate :joy: and at such a young age he already has babysitting duties. Wonder if it's actually gonna be Gun Gun who will babysit him instead :joy::joy:

• LOL 4

10 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Haha thanks for doing the math. I thought Ali would have been around 700 years old by the end of the drama but too lazy to calculate :joy: and at such a young age he already has babysitting duties. Wonder if it's actually gonna be Gun Gun who will babysit him instead :joy::joy:

My thoughts exactly:joy:  Gun Gun seem to be mature and remarkably sensible for someone who literally still a baby a toddler, and practically he is the one who taking care of his mother when they were in the Mortal Realm.

• LOL 2

11 minutes ago, chsaf said:

I also think BGG will be the babysitter. :blush: But BGG's parents are trolls their own right. :naughty: Ali is also previously babysat by Cheng Yu. :tounge_wink: The duo can surely change the topography of Jiuchongtian overnight! 

• LOL 2

Out of curiosity, which is worse. Being told that the person you love doesn’t love you anymore or being told that you had wronged the person you loved?

i don’t know why but I’m having New Moon flashbacks where Bella was dumped and Edward learned his actions had horrible consequences on his Girlfriend.

i’m stuck on how Zhonglin lashed out at Feng Jiu even though she was already crying. I just can’t forget that. Then I try to soothe myself that Dong Hua himself was told by the Bai clan that Feng Jiu didn’t want him anymore. While emotionless, Dong Hua would be severely affected, he essentially chose a death route just to spend time with Feng Jiu, the only girl he ever loved. When he comes back to make amends, he learns he is too late and that the girl he loves doesn’t love him anymore.

so which is worse? Being told you wronged the man you love or being told the girl you love doesn’t love you anymore?

i’m just gonna treat these things as equal and try to move on. But I just can’t get that image of Zhonglin yelling at Feng Jiu out of my head. Any ideas on how to get past that?

Edited by Megan

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, which is worse. Being told that the person you love doesn’t love you anymore or being told that you had wronged the person you loved?

i don’t know why but I’m having New Moon flashbacks where Bella was dumped and Edward learned his actions had horrible consequences on his Girlfriend.

Tbh I didn't watch the Twilight series, but to answer your question I choose the 1st one. I think it would be devastating if someone you loved just stopped loving you and now you have to rewire your brain to accept it and move on.

Whereas for the 2nd situation, the love may still have a chance of revival after remedial actions etc.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

I love twilight, I think this was the only westren fantasy novel where we can see that unconditional love. also the actors had genuiene chemistry they even became couple in real life, it sad how it all ended.. 

The only couple I rooted for in real life other than GG and Dilraba was them :(

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

But I just can’t get that image of Zhonglin yelling at Feng Jiu out of my head. Any ideas on how to get past that?

Don't be hard on Zhong Lin. He served DH and had known DH longer than FJ did. ZL took care of DH, and was equally trusted by the emperor. 

DH was dying. If ZL was yelling, it's due to what DH had to endure. He's loyal to him first and foremost, and knew what he suffered from after FJ left.

It's quite similar to what Consort Lexu said, what she told BQ when YH died. Try to watch that scene in TMOPB Ep56.

Though both BQ and FJ were really hurt by their men's past actions, they also didn't give YH and DH their chance to explain themselves. 

Try not to focus on one thing someone did, and see the whole picture instead. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Megan said:

IMO....Both , doesn't matter supposedly the reason  for the sake of your partner or any other reason. That why the keys of happiness between two lover is honesty and sincerity especially in real life or reality. But in the books , drama or movie it was important plotlines that always make the storyline's more intriguedly "annoyed and irrigated" that will piques the interest of the fans . it's will get the audience/readers hooked with the story because we're tend to curious what's the salution gonna be done by two lover. How the problems will be solved?

• Like 3