[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The mortal arc was so short in PB though. But true, she was indeed deceived and and a lot of readers were too. I guess the author wanted the make the story more engaging instead of having FJ following her aunt to the MR. The author will then have to come up with a motivation for her doing so. Why would she follow her aunt? 

Also, remember, PB is a story about how our little fox have loved only one person and is willing to go the extra distance for him. So, it makes sense that she would go to the MR for DH. And this also added an extra layer to how much DH have made our little fox suffer. Not only did she go down the MR, she came back a widow and indebted to another person. All in all, FJ going to the MR just goes to prove her love and sacrifices for DH.

FJ is really close with BQ, FJ was healing her heartbreak atm so it would be a perfect setting to go with her aunt for the change of environment..

The original plot scares me because lot of things could have went wrong, like seriously wrong.. dumb FJ puts twin life curse on her to help the mortal DH (this is wat FJ believed)... If the emperor had visited FJ during daytime without caring abt the demon mark they could have easily been intimate. Infact there are many such possibilities since she is the concubine of emperor which is scary... Only after her marriage with YQT she could avoid such scenarios.. this is why I wanted mortal DH plot to be not used for the mortal realm arc or atleast FJ shouldn't have been deceived 

Still...we know YH and DH will stay loyal to their wives...but I still wonder if women will still try to be their concubines.

YH is definitely more vulnerable in this aspect than DH because the emperor forced him to accept SJ (though why press the point when YH stabbed her in the heart?). Who knows, marriage via alliance like how Song Xuanren married Jiheng for the sake of alliance even if it was just a paper marriage.

as to if there are women gutsy enough to do this....

let’s see.

after DH revealed his married status, Zhihe and Jiheng definitely did their best to protest. But then these women are actually acquainted with DH. I think it is safe to say that the other ladies won’t try to win the emperor, though they might pull a FJ and ask to be maids to the married man.

as for YH...I think there will definitely be ladies after him still. that princess Green Sleeves still sought him out after hearing of his engagement, after Su Jin spread word of how she was (falsely) loved by YH. The other sea princess literally asked to be a maid knowing YH visits his first wife’s home regularly, already has a supposedly loved concubine, and is already besotted with Bai Qian.

yikes. But then, Bai Qian already told YH she doesn’t like competition so he won’t entertain the idea of concubines or princess maids. Still, it would be interesting to see immortal nobles offering their daughters hands in marriage. The reaction would be interesting

9 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The mortal arc was so short in PB though. But true, she was indeed deceived and and a lot of readers were too. I guess the author wanted the make the story more engaging instead of having FJ following her aunt to the MR. The author will then have to come up with a motivation for her doing so. Why would she follow her aunt? 

Also, remember, PB is a story about how our little fox have loved only one person and is willing to go the extra distance for him. So, it makes sense that she would go to the MR for DH. And this also added an extra layer to how much DH have made our little fox suffer. Not only did she go down the MR, she came back a widow and indebted to another person. All in all, FJ going to the MR just goes to prove her love and sacrifices for DH.

I'm often wondering if there are more missing texts from the original to the translated version.

There was one previously discussed before with @Ninky (I forgot which one was that, I'm trying to remember, hehehe). 

Thanks too for more info re: Buddhist concept. :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm often wondering if there are more missing texts from the original to the translated version.

There was one previously discussed before with @Ninky (I forgot which one was that, I'm trying to remember, hehehe). 

Thanks too for more info re: Buddhist concept. :)

Me too, I wish they would publish the official English version of Pillow book novels like they did with TMOPB

• Like 4

Also...seriously...someone plz help me understand this. 

As for Di Jun, he just needs to sleep for 400 to 500 years to replenish his crimson golden blood to its fullest.”

What does this mean. Blood loss? Power? It certainly has enough power to still be used as FJ’s medicine

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

Still...we know YH and DH will stay loyal to their wives...but I still wonder if women will still try to be their concubines.

YH is definitely more vulnerable in this aspect than DH because the emperor forced him to accept SJ (though why press the point when YH stabbed her in the heart?). Who knows, marriage via alliance like how Song Xuanren married Jiheng for the sake of alliance even if it was just a paper marriage.

as to if there are women gutsy enough to do this....

let’s see.

after DH revealed his married status, Zhihe and Jiheng definitely did their best to protest. But then these women are actually acquainted with DH. I think it is safe to say that the other ladies won’t try to win the emperor, though they might pull a FJ and ask to be maids to the married man.

as for YH...I think there will definitely be ladies after him still. that princess Green Sleeves still sought him out after hearing of his engagement, after Su Jin spread word of how she was (falsely) loved by YH. The other sea princess literally asked to be a maid knowing YH visits his first wife’s home regularly, already has a supposedly loved concubine, and is already besotted with Bai Qian.

yikes. But then, Bai Qian already told YH she doesn’t like competition so he won’t entertain the idea of concubines or princess maids. Still, it would be interesting to see immortal nobles offering their daughters hands in marriage. The reaction would be interesting

Honestly, YH and DH don't need any more alliance since they're part of the Heavenly Kingdom. It's the other clans that need alliances with the Heavenly Kingdom and by now they pretty much won't be entertained by YH and DH (especially DH, he will just give them a stone-cold glance).

• LOL 4

22 minutes ago, Megan said:

Also...seriously...someone plz help me understand this. 

As for Di Jun, he just needs to sleep for 400 to 500 years to replenish his crimson golden blood to its fullest.”

What does this mean. Blood loss? Power? It certainly has enough power to still be used as FJ’s medicine

His crimson golden blood is a result of his years of cultivation. He lost most of his cultivation during his last battle with ML in the Starward. He needs to recuperate and cultivate again and with increased cultivation, his crimson golden blood will also gain more power, as you mentioned. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Honestly, YH and DH don't need any more alliance since they're part of the Heavenly Kingdom. It's the other clans that need alliances with the Heavenly Kingdom and by now they pretty much won't be entertained by YH and DH (especially DH, he will just give them a stone-cold glance).

Haha, I think any clan silly enough to send women as tributes to the Heavenly clan is only asking for trouble.

.War will be started with the respective Queen and Emperess leading the troops. As DH said, I will banish your whole clan! Muahahahahahahah.....

• LOL 5

12 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Haha, I think any clan silly enough to send women as tributes to the Heavenly clan is only asking for trouble.

.War will be started with the respective Queen and Emperess leading the troops. As DH said, I will banish your whole clan! Muahahahahahahah.....

@chsaf Not only with that withering stone cold glance, don't forget the poison tongue! :lol:

Anyone who attempts will be served the infamous sweet and sour fish of DH, lose their eyes, or trapped in holes. :naughty:

• LOL 4

57 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Me too, I wish they would publish the official English version of Pillow book novels like they did with TMOPB

I'll buy in a heartbeat, but please, please, please, not Toland translating it again! I'm quite fine with Hamster's and others, the PB now just needs some rechecking for any missing details or incorrect choice of words for the translation.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

FJ is really close with BQ, FJ was healing her heartbreak atm so it would be a perfect setting to go with her aunt for the change of environment..

The original plot scares me because lot of things could have went wrong, like seriously wrong.. dumb FJ puts twin life curse on her to help the mortal DH (this is wat FJ believed)... If the emperor had visited FJ during daytime without caring abt the demon mark they could have easily been intimate. Infact there are many such possibilities since she is the concubine of emperor which is scary... Only after her marriage with YQT she could avoid such scenarios.. this is why I wanted mortal DH plot to be not used for the mortal realm arc or atleast FJ shouldn't have been deceived 

Maybe the emperor thought FJ more into a woman ( lesbian)..she did blatantly wrote a love letter to imperial consort.:lol: About her not sleeping or intimate with the emperor....maybe it's was her instinctively somehow knew the Mortal emperor wasn't her DHDJ...just like her instinctively subconsciously knew Xize (in the book version) was actually her DHDJ hence she slept with him .

PB2 page 446 ( YQT pov)

After privately conducting an investigation, he found out the beauty
bestowed on him by the emperor was Consort Chen from the palace. She
wasn't very favored to begin with. Then came one day four years ago on
the festival of the Skanda Bodhisattva when she saved the emperor from
drowning and caught His Majesty's attention. It was said Consort Chen
had loved His Majesty to hell and back before she was favored. But for
some inexplicable reason, by the time she had his affection, she consistently
offended him with her coldness and indifference. There was yet another
secret. In spite of her indifference, the emperor remained ever doting
throughout four years. But in those four years, there hadn't been one night
when she would let him near her body

At that moment, Ye Qingti was sitting on a wall to enjoy the moonlight and
some wine. Upon hearing this from his agent, his flask fell to the ground
into shatters. After a long period of being stunned speechless, he finally
managed to say: “What a peculiar woman. But if His Majesty could tolerate
her even when she was being that way, what crime could she possibly
commit for him to give her away as my concubine?”

The agent considered for a moment before saying: “She had… written a
love letter to the Her Ladyship, the Imperial Consort.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

16 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Maybe the emperor thought FJ more into a woman ( lesbian)..she did blatantly wrote a love letter to imperial consort.:lol: About her not sleeping or intimate with the emperor....maybe it's was her instinctively somehow knew the Mortal emperor wasn't her DHDJ...just like her instinctively subconsciously knew Xize (in the book version) was actually her DHDJ hence she slept with him .

PB2 page 446 ( YQT pov)

After privately conducting an investigation, he found out the beauty
bestowed on him by the emperor was Consort Chen from the palace. She
wasn't very favored to begin with. Then came one day four years ago on
the festival of the Skanda Bodhisattva when she saved the emperor from
drowning and caught His Majesty's attention. It was said Consort Chen
had loved His Majesty to hell and back before she was favored. But for
some inexplicable reason, by the time she had his affection, she consistently
offended him with her coldness and indifference. There was yet another
secret. In spite of her indifference, the emperor remained ever doting
throughout four years. But in those four years, there hadn't been one night
when she would let him near her body

At that moment, Ye Qingti was sitting on a wall to enjoy the moonlight and
some wine. Upon hearing this from his agent, his flask fell to the ground
into shatters. After a long period of being stunned speechless, he finally
managed to say: “What a peculiar woman. But if His Majesty could tolerate
her even when she was being that way, what crime could she possibly
commit for him to give her away as my concubine?”

The agent considered for a moment before saying: “She had… written a
love letter to the Her Ladyship, the Imperial Consort.”

I was talking abt the initial stage where she had twin life curse..

U know how she acted in daytime.. she litreally would throw herself at the emperor during that phase, Thats why it was scary. After that BQ removed the curse and FJ does everything according to the siming instructions, Siming told her that emperor has to experience unrequited love where he can't even touch the pinky of the woman he loved... Wat if Siming had written a different plot since he was also deceived into thinking it was real DH mortal self? It really is scary..

And also if FJ can jump infront of the emperor thinking he's DH then the possibility of those scary event raises more. 

(Apart from YQT) mortal arc feels like a nightmare when I think abt those above things...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@jimmylyne The way FJ's mind works, and her luck, and how she sometimes remedies her problems, are legendary.:sweat_smile:

And also a smooth talker and brilliant mind. I'm sure Lord Liansong agree with you and I'm also agree with him..and DH? 

PB1 page 58

Liansong nudged Donghua with his fan and said, “She’s quite your peer in
spewing bitter words. My father must be having a headache right now.”
Donghua turned the teacup inside his palm and looked toward Fengjiu’s
pretense. “How can that be? I’m much more succinct than she is.”

PB 1 page 59

Except for her(FJ), no one else dared to gainsay Donghua in front of everyone.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

31 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I was talking abt the initial stage where she had twin life curse..

U know how she acted in daytime.. she litreally would throw herself at the emperor during that phase, Thats why it was scary. After that BQ removed the curse and FJ does everything according to the siming instructions, Siming told her that emperor has to experience unrequited love where he can't even touch the pinky of the woman he loved... Wat if Siming had written a different plot since he was also deceived into thinking it was real DH mortal self? It really is scary..

And also if FJ can jump infront of the emperor thinking he's DH then the possibility of those scary event raises more. 

(Apart from YQT) mortal arc feels like a nightmare when I think abt those above things...

I don't seem to remember those part of Mortal arc in the PB books. By chance do you remember what pages? 

35 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB 1 page 59

Except for her(FJ), no one else dared to gainsay Donghua in front of everyone.

And argued with the Buddha :lol:

The two lives curse is a spell FJ did to herself so she can be "loving" to TMOPB series Emperor Song. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

21 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I don't seem to remember those part of Mortal arc in the PB books. By chance do you remember what pages? 

Siming asking FJ to continue DJ trail is shown in pages 196 to 198 

Twin life curse is shown in pages 170-177

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

His crimson golden blood is a result of his years of cultivation. He lost most of his cultivation during his last battle with ML in the Starward. He needs to recuperate and cultivate again and with increased cultivation, his crimson golden blood will also gain more power, as you mentioned. 

@MeganOther than enhance, prolong or extended immortality if consumed,  his crimson golden blood also protects him from the dark energy.

Not sure which episodes . DH said 

"Dark energy  can't  hurt me because  of my golden blood"

• Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

196 to 198 

Now i am confused..i can't find anything related to those Mortal arc story,  either in PB1 nor PB2.

PB 1 page 196 

Started with DH in Fanyin Valley play a go with LS 

PB 2 Page 196

Aranya and ChenYe story ..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Now i am confused..i can't find anything related to those Mortal arc story,  either in PB1 nor PB2.

PB 1 page 196 

Started with DH in Fanyin Valley play a go with LS 

PB 2 Page 196

Aranya and ChenYe story ..

Not pillow book..

The mortal realm arc is show In PEACH BLOSSOM.

This is where DH and FJ make their first debut in the three lives universe. 

Then later mortal arc is address in bits and pieces in Pillow book

In peach blossom,

Siming asking FJ to continue DJ trail is shown in pages 196 to 198 

Twin life curse is shown in pages 170-177

• Thanks 3