[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

They loved FJ coz she reminds them of the gumiho. And her cute aegyo on top of that.

I really don't think anyone else in this century could look as good as V as DH. Maybe if his son decides to be an actor in the future....:tounge_wink:

Ahahaha, he should have a son first. V got that very good combination of East and West features. Hoping that he gets more meatier roles in the future. I'm not done yet of the Candle in the Tomb due to the kids online classes, but what I've seen (10eps) are really good acting of him.

I sometimes take a peek in the forum for V and R. :) They are very promising in their careers, hoping for them more success and longevity in showbiz. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Tang Qi said he refused to take Di Jun's role anyway. And in the end, he still did not take Di Jun's role in the show as Di Jun is still living and breathing. He is only working as a clerk sort of role within Tai Chen. 

Sorry, I requote you again because I just remember something in the drama.  ELOD actually led us to believe otherwise. At the blue sea, when LS played go with YQT, he said something like you're getting to resemble DH. That conversation led many fans to assume YQT taking DJ position. 

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Noo:')

He has  baby face and looks cute to play DH, just picturing him with white wig cracks me up XD

It was suprising how well vengao pulled off the DH look, a lot of young actors look like Grandpa wen are made to wear white wig.. I don't think any one can surpass Vengao for the might god look with white hair (period)

Cute faced baby GY looked so good playing the General in Goblin, that's y I think he got it in him. But the silver mane is a very very tough call...

@MayanEcho The Wrath of Time is really good although as you may already.know, the ending is meh. However, they did him justice in The Lost Caverns so I am super duper happy Zhe Gu Shou fan. 

The amazing thing is, you can't see DH in ZGS and you can't see ZGS in DH. He improved so much that he took two completely opposite characters and own them both! I am waiting for better roles and can't wait for him to join the ranks of the 实力派 actors (actors with substance).

@jimmylyne Yup, that's the reason why I rather just save my breath and bandwith. They can join the ranks of those who rated ELoD low just because it's not a continuation of TMOPB and they refused to watch it.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, sg_niner said:

Sorry, I requote you again because I just remember something in the drama.  ELOD actually led us to believe otherwise. At the blue sea, when LS played go with YQT, he said something like you're getting to resemble DH. That conversation led many fans to assume YQT taking DJ position. 

Oh. I rather think this is more on the choice of words when the translation subs were written. I get though why some fans would think that way. Zhong Lin is also somewhat like DH in demeanor and ways. So YQ would be poker face too after sometime. But the most like DH IMO is Xie Guchou, who can also dish the poison tongue.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Cute faced baby GY looked so good playing the General in Goblin, that's y I think he got it in him. But the silver mane is a very very tough call...

@MayanEcho The Wrath of Time is really good although as you may already.know, the ending is meh. However, they did him justice in The Lost Caverns so I am super duper happy Zhe Gu Shou fan. 

The amazing thing is, you can't see DH in ZGS and you can't see ZGS in DH. He improved so much that he took two completely opposite characters and own them both! I am waiting for better roles and can't wait for him to join the ranks of the 实力派 actors (actors with substance).

I'm still not done with Wrath of Time :sweatingbullets: But I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. :lol: V is doing very well, he has depth in acting. Hope he gets time to have English speaking classes, as preparation for himself in case he makes it big in international arena.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, sg_niner said:

@sg_niner He really did not take the position. The biggest hint is when he said he is a little immortal going back to his tasks in tai chen palace. A Di Jun will never speak that way. It's easier to pick this little hint up if you can understand the language natively. I think a lot of the little subtle things get lost in translation to subtitles.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@jimmylyne Yup, that's the reason why I rather just save my breath and bandwith. They can join the ranks of those who rated ELoD low just because it's not a continuation of TMOPB and they refused to watch it.

The problem is when the production crew of TMOPB didn't have rights to the book, they just came up with that Out of Character portrayal of DongFeng. This has led to a continuity issue between TMOPB and ELOD. Oh well let the nay sayers be.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Goblin is my all time favorite.. but generals or kings in historical fiction/ historical wuxia drama are slightly different from Immortals gods of xianxia genre, I mean look at the actor who played YQT he looked so good as a general but if u dress him up as a DH he'll look Really wierd, same goes for the actor who played SMY he looked so handsome but wen he was disguised as DH he looked so funny!! Infact the handsome actor who played grimripper in goblin has really good jaw structure but still he won't look good with white wig.. 

White wig is really difficult to pull off compared to other colors, easiest one is black wig..

But for some strange reason, Vengao looks little wierd in black wig (Easiest look) but looks Extraordinary in white wig (toughest look)  :lol: 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Aari sky said:

But for some strange reason, Vengao looks little wierd in black wig (Easiest look) but looks Extraordinary in white wig (toughest look)  :lol: 

Really destined to play the weirdo grandpa :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I always wonder how mortal DH dies in the novel version? Like in the drama does he die remembering consort chen(fengjiu) before taking his final breath?  How did Consort Chen (fengjiu) die in the novel version? 

Has TQ explained this part in any of her interview?? 

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

I always wonder how mortal DH dies in the novel version? Like in the drama does he die remembering consort chen(fengjiu) before taking his final breath?  How did Consort Chen (fengjiu) die in the novel version? 

Has TQ explained this part in any of her interview?? 

No in novel Di Jun did not go to the mortal world at all. It was just a rumour. During the time when FJ was in the mortal world, DH was in his 100 year sleep.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

No in novel Di Jun did not go to the mortal world at all. It was just a rumour. During the time when FJ was in the mortal world, DH was in his 100 year sleep.

I meant SX (the projection of DH) how did he die? Since he was in love with consort chen and how did Consort die?? 

18 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I meant SX (the projection of DH) how did he die? Since he was in love with consort chen and how did Consort die?? 

if you mean the show, it's not the same as book. In the show SXR died of heartbreak after she jumped off the cliff.

As for the book, the Mortal King is not Dong Hua or Dong Hua's projection. He did not go to the mortal world AT ALL in any form. The book did not mention how that Mortal King died. It only said after YQT died she returned to QingQiu. So the reader is not told how the king died.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

As @Ninky mentioned, in the book there is no SXR. He was just referred to as an emperor of the Jin dynasty. 7 years after YQT's death, the Jin empire fell. The crown prince brought the Royal family and fled to the East Land. That was the end of the emperor's storyline.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

As @Ninky mentioned, in the book there is no SXR. He was just referred to as an emperor of the Jin dynasty. 7 years after YQT's death, the Jin empire fell. The crown prince brought the Royal family and fled to the East Land. That was the end of the emperor's storyline.

In the book, projection of donghua is mentioned as "Emperor song" which is short for his full name SX.. remember the peach blossom part where BQ goes to help Song jis son to complete his trail and his father was mortal DH (his projection) and fengjiu enters the body of Consort Chen? All those parts are canon.. it is in the novel Peach blossom but apart from these part everything abt FJ and DH in the drama TMOPB was made up... And that emperor was indeed in love with FJ (consort chen) and Qingti was the general of this emperor.. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

In the book, projection of donghua is mentioned as "Emperor song" which is short for his full name SX.. remember the peach blossom part where BQ goes to help Song jis son to complete his trail and his father was mortal DH (his projection) and fengjiu enters the body of Consort Chen? All those parts are canon.. it is in the novel Peach blossom but apart from these part everything abt FJ and DH in the drama TMOPB was made up... And that emperor was indeed in love with FJ (consort chen) and Qingti was the general of this emperor.. 

Ah..I didn't read TMOPB so I didn't know the emperor had a name. Based on PB alone, I don't think it was mentioned. One thing that I can be sure of is the mortal Emperor is not DH in any shape or form. ;)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Ah..I didn't read TMOPB so I didn't know the emperor had a name. Based on PB alone, I don't think it was mentioned. One thing that I can be sure of is the mortal Emperor is not DH in any shape or form. ;)

@Aari sky I have read both stories in Chinese. I need to clarify something about this. TMOPB the author is just facilitating the rumour that DJ went to the mortal world. And then in PB, we find out that DH did not go to the mortal world at all. He was fast asleep in Tai Chen Palace. TQ is very clever she used 3 books to set this up. 

The mortal emperor mentioned in both books has never been Dong Hua's projection of any kind. It is revealed that Dong Hua did not go to the mortal world at all in Pillow Book itself. And that whatever went on in TMOPB was the rumour that that mortal king is DH. Everyone thought that Mortal king is Dong Hua, when  in reality it wasn't him at all.

You can look at the timeline of 3L3W on our blog. You will see the whole set up of the story clearer  there.

http://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/timeline-for-three-lives-three-worlds

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Wasn't mentioned in PB. 

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Wasn't mentioned in PB. 

I was wondering the same thing. I can’t remember read anything about the detail of mortal world in PB book. If there is some detail, is there anyone that can shed some light and tell me which page is that? Many thankss

39 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@Ninky

Warning long post ahead.. hehe

Then I'll just briefly explain the cannon parts of peach blossom novel 

For the discussion sake I'll just address the projection of DH as Mortal DH/SXR 

Siming tells FJ that DJ has gone to mortal trail so to repay her Dept she enters the mortal realm. This is where both the novel and the drama TMOPB match (since these bits were in the first installment drama had the copyright for these parts, and also mortal realm is the only place where FJ and mortal DH are mentioned , they don't make any kind of appearance in other parts of the peach Blossom novel) 

Now coming back to canon parts, FJ entering consort chen body, being shunned for the appearance of her Phoenix mark and emperor not visiting her and then FJ entering SXR dream to find out his greatest desire to repay the Dept and emperor replying "unconditional love" are all canon.. to fullfill his wish and pay her Dept she puts two life curse on herself but since emperor never visited her all that effort turns out to be useless.  This is where BQ enters mortal world to fullfill her promise for that snake chick and help her son escape the calamity in the mortal trail. The trail is almost the same as drama... That red bird snatches a  brothel beauty from another boat and the mortal Yuan zhen jumps to save her, both fall in love at first sight, the emperor also falls for the beauty and makes her his concubine but his son and the beauty have secret affair and beauty becomes pregnant with YZ son but YZ has no idea abt this.  Wen that son grows up he kills mortal DH and YZ kills that son later finds out that he was the father , beauty commits suicide and YZ is left to rule all alone.

BQ tries to save this calamity by arranging Sang ji to kick Mortal DH in the water so the emperor and beauty can fall in love.. but mortal DH can't swim and consort chen (twin life curse) saves the emperor and emperor falls in love with Chen.  

Because BQ screwed up the fate of the DH projection and affected his chance at restoring the cultivation, BQ and Siming request FJ to complete this trail since the emperor now is in love with CC .. FJ reluctantly agrees to it since she only came to repay the favor and leave not to get stuck in SXR calamity, later BQ removes her twin fate curse before going back to QQ..

Till this point the plot is canon, but since BQ saved YZ now the love triangle shifts to emperor, Chen and Qingti 

After the drowning incident, emperor dotes on FJ(CC) and FJ(CC) throws all kind of tantrums to break his heart and doesn't allow him to enter her chamber but still emperor won't stop loving her so FJ writes a love letter to the imperial consort :lol: which erupts scandal in the inner harem and the emperor has no option but to give away CC in a marriage to his general which happens to be Qingti.  And the rest of story  continues in pillow book.

Mortal arc is the only part where FJ and the name of DH is mentioned for that projection (emperor SXR) trail which is roughly 10-15 pages. These two doesn't appear anywhere else in the TMOPB novel. 

• Like 3