[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I can’t remember read anything about the detail of mortal world in PB book. If there is some detail, is there anyone that can shed some light and tell me which page is that? Many thankss

Page no 157

PB 2 page 470

“Five hundred years ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had begun to show
signs of collapse. Dijun spent half of his cultivation to stabilize it and
afterward went into a century-long sleep. At that time, wasn't there a
rumor that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to
experience mortal sufferings? With Dijun's personality, why would he have
such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's sufferings? Taichen
Palace only spread such rumor to cover up the fact that Dijun was in a deep sleep.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I can’t remember read anything about the detail of mortal world in PB book. If there is some detail, is there anyone that can shed some light and tell me which page is that? Many thankss

I won't be able to quote from English version as I read the original Chinese printed copy. But I think @jimmylyne can. But mortal stuff has very few details in the book.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

@Ninky

Warning long post ahead.. hehe

Then I'll just briefly explain the cannon parts of peach blossom novel 

For the discussion sake I'll just address the projection of DH as Mortal DH/SXR 

Siming tells FJ that DJ has gone to mortal trail so to repay her Dept she enters the mortal realm. This is where both the novel and the drama TMOPB match (since these bits were in the first installment drama had the copyright for these parts, and also mortal realm is the only place where FJ and mortal DH are mentioned , they don't make any kind of appearance in other parts of the peach Blossom novel) 

Now coming back to canon parts, FJ entering consort chen body, being shunned for the appearance of her Phoenix mark and emperor not visiting her and then FJ entering SXR dream to find out his greatest desire to repay the Dept and emperor replying "unconditional love" are all canon.. to fullfill his wish and pay her Dept she puts two life curse on herself but since emperor never visited her all that effort turns out to be useless.  This is where BQ enters mortal world to fullfill her promise for that snake chick and help her son escape the calamity in the mortal trail. The trail is almost the same as drama... That red bird snatches a  brothel beauty from another boat and the mortal Yuan zhen jumps to save her, both fall in love at first sight, the emperor also falls for the beauty and makes her his concubine but his son and the beauty have secret affair and beauty becomes pregnant with YZ son but YZ has no idea abt this.  Wen that son grows up he kills mortal DH and YZ kills that son later finds out that he was the father , beauty commits suicide and YZ is left to rule all alone.

BQ tries to save this calamity by arranging Sang ji to kick Mortal DH in the water so the emperor and beauty can fall in love.. but mortal DH can't swim and consort chen (twin life curse) saves the emperor and emperor falls in love with Chen.  

Because BQ screwed up the fate of the DH projection and affected his chance at restoring the cultivation, BQ and Siming request FJ to complete this trail since the emperor now is in love with CC .. FJ reluctantly agrees to it since she only came to repay the favor and leave not to get stuck in SXR calamity, later BQ removes her twin fate curse before going back to QQ..

Till this point the plot is canon, but since BQ saved YZ now the love triangle shifts to emperor, Chen and Qingti 

After the drowning incident, emperor dotes on FJ(CC) and FJ(CC) throws all kind of tantrums to break his heart and doesn't allow him to enter her chamber but still emperor won't stop loving her so FJ writes a love letter to the imperial consort :lol: which erupts scandal in the inner harem and the emperor has no option but to give away CC in a marriage to his general which happens to be Qingti.  And the rest of story  continues in pillow book.

Mortal arc is the only part where FJ and the name of DH is mentioned for that projection (emperor SXR) trail which is roughly 10-15 pages. These two doesn't appear anywhere else in the TMOPB novel. 

It is canon that she did try to repay her debt by posing as a concubine but DH wasn't the mortal emperor in any shape or form. See @jimmylyne's post. And see this timeline from Tang Qi the author. 

http://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/timeline-for-three-lives-three-worlds

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB 2 page 470

“Five hundred years ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had begun to show
signs of collapse. Dijun spent half of his cultivation to stabilize it and
afterward went into a century-long sleep. At that time, wasn't there a
rumor that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to
experience mortal sufferings? With Dijun's personality, why would he have
such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's sufferings? Taichen
Palace only spread such rumor to cover up the fact that Dijun was in a deep sleep.

This is where I got so confused because in Peach Blossom, Siming and ye hua tells that DH (projection) gone to mortal realm for trail...

My guess is just like how they took DH shadow and sent it to the Fin valley they might have taken essence of DH and made it born in mortal realm coz in the pillow book it says a lower level demon tried to kill the emperor Because his inner energy /soul had the elixir... And Qingti dies from that demons sword.. but nothing is said abt chen and Emperor fate after..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

This is where I got so confused because in Peach Blossom, Siming and ye hua tells that DH (projection) gone to mortal realm for trail...

My guess is just like how they took DH shadow and sent it to the Fin valley they might have taken essence of DH and made it born in mortal realm coz in the pillow book it says a lower level demon tried to kill the emperor Because his inner energy /soul had the elixir... And Qingti dies from that demons sword.. but nothing is said abt chen and Emperor fate after..

They used Si Ming to spread the rumour. That is why. The author didn’t pay much mind to those mortal characters as they were her rumour device to set up Pillow book’s plot later.

And also author has been asked this same thing many times and she has clarified that the mortal emperor has never been Dong Hua. DH’s shadow was sent to FY valley but his soul has never gone anywhere else. 

What happened to that emperor is a

separate incident on its own.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

They used Si Ming to spread the rumour. That is why. The author didn’t pay much mind to those mortal characters as they were her rumour device to set up Pillow book’s plot later.

This is the biggest plothole, Because we know how close FJ is to Siming 

They can spread rumour abt DH to conceal is 100years Sleep.. but why would Siming lie to FJ and send her to pay her Dept to a fake dude? It doesn't make sense unless that fake dude has some essence of DH.. and what was that elixir part in SXR which Demon tried to kill him for. 

Since Mortal realm was irrelevant to Pillow book storyline, TQ just skimmed by it 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

This is the biggest plothole, Because we know how close FJ is to Siming 

They can spread rumour abt DH to conceal is 100years Sleep.. but why would Siming lie to FJ and send her to pay her Dept to a fake dude? It doesn't make sense unless that fake dude has some essence of DH.. and what was that elixir part in SXR which Demon tried to kill him for. 

Since Mortal realm was irrelevant to Pillow book storyline, TQ just skimmed by it 

Si Ming didn’t know the truth either. Zhong Lin spread that rumour out of Tai Chen using Si Ming as he is a famed gossiper. 

So in fact, FJ did not repay her debt at all. The demon thing is to let YQT die that way so she has to get saha fruit to resurrect him.

• Like 3

@Aari sky Both the emperor in TMOPB and in PB is not really significant. In fact, YQT is that one character that is of importance. FJ going to the mortal realm. Although readers were led to believe that she did it because she wanted to repay her debts to DH, in fact, the way the author set it up is to introduce YQT to the story line and how YQT will set the wheels turning in the whole DH x FJ love story. So, to really understand the author's intent, cast aside the emperor and look at how YQT story unfolds.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Si Ming didn’t know the truth either. Zhong Lin spread that rumour out of Tai Chen using Si Ming as he is a famed gossiper. 

So in fact, FJ did not repay her debt at all. The demon thing is to let YQT die that way so she has to get saha fruit to resurrect him.

This. Si Ming didn't know although he thought he knew. Tai Chen palace played their cards right, using him as the device to fan the rumor. Being a capable gossiper, of course allm

of the 4 seas and 8 realms came to believe that DH went to the MR. This news spread far and wide, even to the underworld with XGC also believing it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The event below was a part of what DH and SMY saw in The Miaohua Mirror that had been upgraded by DH and SMY in Aranya Dreamverse just before they go back to Fanyin Valley. The new Miaohua mirror that can show the past and the present of someone's life.

PB2 page 329 , 330 & 331

As the image in the
mirror slightly zoomed in, Su Moye perspired cold sweat. Lying on the bed
of clouds was a purple-robed silver-haired deity. Who else could he be but
Donghua Dijun? Nevertheless, when he glanced to the living Dijun sitting
beside him, His Majesty was still turning the cup in his palm. There was a
calmness in his expression as he watched the mirror as if he had seen this
coming.
Soon after, there came some movement in front of the cloud bed. A
solemnly dressed young officer neared the cloud bed. He solemnly
exchanged the decorative flower vase at the headboard, solemnly lit the
incense burner in front of the wall screen, and then solemnly rearranged
the corner of the quilt for the sleeping King. As he finished straightening
the quilt, an elderly fairy came in. Because the young officer and the older
fairy were donning daily clothes, one could not tell their ranks from their
outfits. The gray-bearded elderly fairy bowed deferentially to the solemn
young officer and said, “Lord Zhonglin, may I ask why you have called for
me so urgently?”
Zhonglin – Su Moye had heard of this name before. Rumors had it Dijun
appointed this fairy to oversee the palace's affairs when he retired to
Taichen Palace. Zhonglin Xianguan was Dijun's most faithful retainer. His
meticulousness and prudence were known throughout the lands. For tens
of thousands of years, he had been a model to all other attendants in
Jiuchongtian.
Zhonglin Xianguan knitted his brow and said, “Elder Yunzhuang, I've
invited you here for a crucial matter. Dijun is now asleep because of the
subduing of the Miaoyi Huiming Realm. You and I both know he had
forbidden this matter to spread outside the palace, lest it gives rise to
unrest in the six realms. Speaking of which, also thanks to your help,
Siming Xingjun changed a few lines in the mortals' book of fate a few days
ago before we were able to deceive the other immortals. Purporting that
Dijun was seeking to experience mortal illness and death, hatred and
resentment, love and parting, his skandhas had been burning with interest
in the eight bitterness of a mortal's life and he had left to reincarnate. Dijun
went to sleep so suddenly. Though he did not leave any subsequent
command, there is recently a thought that has been making me ill at ease.”
Elder Yunzhuang stepped closer: “Dare I ask what is disturbing you so?”
He was indeed a courtier from Taichen Palace. He went straight to the
problem instead of beating around the bush like the rest of Jiuchongtian.
Zhonglin sighed. “Even though Dijun had subjugated the Miaoyi Huiming
Realm and locked up Miaoluo, if it's known that Dijun went to sleep for
this, even if Miaoluo has been confined, I'm afraid she will suddenly wreak some sort of havoc. To protect Dijun's 100-year sleep from a reappearance
of Miaoluo's scourge, I gave some thought and recently found an answer.
Elder, you are very good at creating souls. If you can take half of Dijun's
shadow to make a soul and send it to Fanyin Valley… Of course, when this
soul is born, he won't know that he's Dijun's shadow or that he is
shouldering the great responsibility of guarding the Huiming Realm. Still,
this soul ultimately has a trace of Dijun's breath. As long as he is reborn in
Fanyin Valley, he will be a deterrent to Miao Luo. Furthermore, a Biyiniao's
lifespan is finite. Once turned to dust, the incarnated soul will naturally
return as Dijun's shadow. As far as Dijun is concerned, there is really
nothing to worry about later on.”

• Like 4

I personally think all this did or did DH not go to the MR started when TMOPB drama aired. The mortal realm was expanded in both TMOPB and ELoD so confusion is bound to arise. Furthermore, cssting V as the emperor also lead to this problem. In PB, the mortal realm was just skimmed though mainly through FJ and YQT's inner thoughts and recollections. 

Also to add, from the @jimmylyne passages above, it was clearly stated the whole MR was a deception. So, for book readers alone, that part couldn't be clearer.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The book version make really big problem. If emperor don't have any connection to DHDJ than FJ did not return life saving debt yet. And DHDJ have only 2 life not 3. And if FJ believe that emperor is DHDJ, Are she mad at him because she thought DHDJ give her to be another guy wife. For immortal, a mortal relationship is meaningless but she act like Qing Ti widow for 300 years, moreover she being cold and avoid DHDJ after meet him again when he absolutely doesn't do anything just sleep in Tai Chen Palace. LOL.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Well, my mini-mes watched along some episodes with me, and both said JH looks creepy and her smiles scary. Definitely not FJ material then... :phew:

That's what I thought too!! And I ain't mini. Well I'm petite but that's not my point :sweat_smile: I had to Google her because she looked so creepy.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, chsaf said:

That's what I thought too!! And I ain't mini. Well I'm petite but that's not my point :sweat_smile: I had to Google her because she looked so creepy.

Too many PS I guess. I remember she was in LOF too but her face was quite different than in ELOD. 

• LOL 2

Guys i'm really confused, i watch TMOPB again and i saw that Bai Fengjiu is older than Yehua.... But yehua is 50,000 or 60,000 Years old while Bai fengjiu is 32,000 years old... BFJ was born while BQ is under Moyuan discipline... this happen when BQ and his 9th Brother caught by Ghost clan, because BQ wanted to see BFJ who is newst born... I'm Really confused about this two.

57 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Kids do say the darnedest things :tounge_wink: But both really said the same thing about her. It is like having live commentators when they watch with me. :sweat_smile:

• LOL 3

20 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Excited for XY. I read the outline of his story. Funny how it is the hero who rescues the beauty but for him it's the other way round.

His ending in ELoD, just a bad nightmare. Don't you worry XY, your real OTP beauty is waiting for you.

In a way XY is also considered a beauty since FJ thought he was prettier than JH :joy: so a hero rescues a beauty *ahem*

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Once again I realized something new.

technically, while Dong Hua and Feng Jiu are blissfully married. Dong Hua is still allowed to get concubines.

for eternal love, Ye Hua was engaged to Bai Qian, but the sea princess and SJ hoped to win his attentions as concubines and maids.

We all know that maids are not good positions to win attention and affection in this drama. The sea princess and Feng Jiu themselves learned how ignored that position can be.

but it makes one wonder whether there will be more ladies trying to become concubines for DH. They will certainly have hope now that they know the emperor does have a loving heart.

especially Zhi He. Once her exile is over, will she try to become a concubine? Ok....is that even possible?

but then, this foster Sister tried to become a bride so....

• LOL 1