[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@vivi0303 thanks for sharing the viki screen shots. I sometime watch it just to read the comments. They are such a crack up. 

Thanks everyone for sharing Happy Camp links. I love how Vengo may be shy, but he still gives it a shot. His singing...is...well...definitely gives the audience the energy boost they need! 

The poor female host looked so scared during the sword dance. She obviously have no confidence in Vengo at all lol.

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH (speaking in his mind, ep53) that though he wasn't in love with her yet that time,  he has always treated baby fox FJ differently. In the heart of DH, there's a little red fox hidden behind the sea of Foling flowers.

Well, we all know DH have this thing for furry creatures:lol:

I think DH did love baby fox at that time, not romantic love, but still he love her. He treated the baby fox 100x better then other people. He was attentive to her needs and gave her everything she needed. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@vivi0303 HAHAHAHA!!! These are like inside jokes for TMOPB and ELOD viewers. All are screen caps in Ep24 of ELOD. :relaxed: 

How are you doing, any progress with the wedding prep? It's kinda hard when going outdoors is very limited.

It's going well, thank you for asking! Since everything was already booked/planned, we were supposed to get married in March :joy:. We decided to postpone until next March. I am not so worried, it was mostly for our mothers. The guest list was at 600 last I checked. We started a charity when we were younger, it's still going strong, so it's half volunteers/friends and half family....... bc asian families :joy::heart: I gave up a long time ago and handed the reigns over to our mothers. All I have to do is show up :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I gave up a long time ago and handed the reigns over to our mothers. All I have to do is show up :sweatingbullets:

Hehehe! Don't worry, 11mo will pass by fast! Before you know it, it's your wedding day! :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Jiheng don't love anyone (or may be love only herself) whether MinSu, DHDJ or XY.

Her behavior look like someone with Autophobia/Monophopia, fear of being alone, ignored or unloved.

This phobia can develop at a young age after lose of love one or meaningful relationship (Parent?).

That why when she force to marry DHDJ (going to lose Min Su), she think she love Min Su.

DHDJ interest in Feng Jui (going to lose DHDJ), she think she love DHDJ.

She want DHDJ to divorce FJ but just want to be with him not to marry him.

XY leave JH to fight ML (going to lose XY), she think she love XY but refuse to consummate with him.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 6

7 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

It's going well, thank you for asking! Since everything was already booked/planned, we were supposed to get married in March :joy:. We decided to postpone until next March. I am not so worried, it was mostly for our mothers. The guest list was at 600 last I checked. We started a charity when we were younger, it's still going strong, so it's half volunteers/friends and half family....... bc asian families :joy::heart: I gave up a long time ago and handed the reigns over to our mothers. All I have to do is show up :sweatingbullets:

Asian weddings tend to be huge! Glad it's all reorganized to next March, so you don't need to worry about it. Smart to hand over the organization to your mothers too.

I have heard some nightmare situations when there were conflicts over who gets the final say.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I think DH did love baby fox at that time, not romantic love, but still he love her. He treated the baby fox 100x better then other people. He was attentive to her needs and gave her everything she needed. 

He went to the mountains to get her medicines for her burns, prepared the herbs himself, gave her a jade necklace, built her a pavillion, painted with her, cooked for her, talked proudly to LS about her special ability to eat his fish, and never got mad she fooled ZL in opening the ward. 

DH loved her and was devoted to the little fox before JH and pet came.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, bitmaster - said:

Jiheng don't love anyone (or may be love only herself) whether MinSu, DHDJ or XY.

Her behavior look like someone with Autophobia/Monophopia, fear of being alone, ignored or unloved.

This phobia can develop at a young age after lose of love one or meaningful relationship (Parent?).

That why when she force to marry DHDJ (going to lose Min Su), she think she love Min Su.

DHDJ interest in Feng Jui (going to lose DHDJ), she think she love DHDJ.

She want DHDJ to divorce FJ but just want to be with him not to marry him.

XY leave JH to fight ML (going to lose XY), she think she love XY but refuse to consummate with him.

Interesting suggestion here. I see where you are coming from. 

I think JH needs to be in therapy!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He went to the mountains to get her medicines for her burns, prepared the herbs himself, gave her a jade necklace, built her a pavillion, painted with her, cooked for her, talked proudly to LS about her special ability to eat his fish, and never got mad she fooled ZL in opening the ward. 

DH loved her and was devoted to the little fox before JH and pet came.

Like you ladies mentioned before, it is always JH who gets in the way! 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Asian weddings tend to be huge! Glad it's all reorganized to next March, so you don't need to worry about it. Smart to hand over the organization to your mothers too.

I have heard some nightmare situations when there were conflicts over who gets the final say.

Our mothers are besties, so it was mostly them outvoting me :joy: I got to choose my color palette, dress (just the white one), and the location. But it brings them joy since they were both married during tough times as refugees, so I am completely happy letting them take part/taking over. I mostly just hope I survive the big day, there seems to be a lot of ceremonies on the agenda.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And yet she thinks plus some others that she's a love heroine. What a joke! :grimace:

Hmm maybe if you only see it from her perspective.  She is self centered and lacks self respect. Sad how lives for romantic love only. It's like she has no bottom line when it comes to love. 

Random question. I haven't read Three lives, Three world, Ten miles of Peach Blossoms. But does any one know if Moyan was in love with Bai Qian in the novel?

Is the book worth reading? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Random question. I haven't read Three lives, Three world, Ten miles of Peach Blossoms. But does any one know if Moyan was in love with Bai Qian in the novel?

Is the book worth reading? 

I didn't read the book but I read somewhere that he wasn't in love with her in it. It was a dramaverse addition. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Our mothers are besties, so it was mostly them outvoting me :joy: I got to choose my color palette, dress (just the white one), and the location. But it brings them joy since they were both married during tough times as refugees, so I am completely happy letting them take part/taking over. I mostly just hope I survive the big day, there seems to be a lot of ceremonies on the agenda.:sweatingbullets:

Awesome. You got to pick the main things for your wedding.

Yeah, I see what you mean about letting them organize the wedding and bringing joy. They are lucky to have you, to understand where they are coming from and giving them free reign. Just remember to eat and drink on your big day! Easy to forget that :)

6 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

I didn't read the book but I read somewhere that he wasn't in love with her in it. It was a dramaverse addition. 

Thanks for the answer. I thought so! I don't know why, it didnt sit well with me that Moyan was in love with Bai Qian. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

In the book it wasn't suggested. Though everyone has their own opinion. I didn't get that vibe from the book but definetely in the drama.

Though at the end of the drama it seemed he had let it go. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

What happened here!! My favorite Sword Dance. Hahaha..Wu Xin (the girl host) looks terrified! And Vengo is so true to his clumsy personality. 

Poor lady. She couldn't even enjoy being that close to Vengo :D.  

• LOL 6

@ChibiLy @LovelyLady @vivi0303

Ok, so I just took a quick browse of The Sky Kingdom (TMOPB), and in chapter 21, page 416 in my epub reader:

Sixteenth Apprentice gave a laugh. “At Seventeenth Apprentice’s age, she’s probably been married for years. She must even have a few children by now. When are you going to introduce your fellow apprentices to your husband, by the way? I’m very curious to see the kind of man someone like you has ended up with!”

These words were like a punch right in the gut. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and gave a bleat of laughter. “You are too kind,” I said. “I am actually getting married the month after next. Naturally you will all be invited to celebrate with us.”

Mo Yuan had been sitting to the side throughout these conversations, his eyes raised as he listened. As soon as I said the words “celebrate with us,” I saw the cup in his hand tilt and half his tea spill onto the floor. I rushed over to clean it up, while Zhe Yan gave a cough."

So there was something for MY to BQ. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4