[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@Ninky I first learned about the word codicil in Flowers of the Attic. Sigh, that first book of the series. 

@Yori Ten Thank you, I will check it out. Short or long stories, I don't really mind. :)

Gosh, if I remember my childhood, I think books babysat me, hahahah! From comics, thin books, thick tomes, softbound, hardbound, fiction, non-fiction. My unforgettable find was a very heavy history book owned by my grandfather. Though I didn't read everything there, I was amazed with the contents and the pics, the text of the speeches of the leaders that time.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I very rarely checkout fan fictions, because it often veers from the actual story. I still prefer the author's works, and if the story stopped there, then it's only until there.

If you like reading about deities and immortals, Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter books are a good read. If you are okay that you're sobbing while reading, V. C. Andrews. Not fantasy or anything, but her original books delve on how dark  and twisted can humans go. Her Dollanganger series still makes me cry.

Same here, not much for fanfic. I’ve read SK’s Dark Hunters but not yet with VC Andrews. I’m more of Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling and Guild Hunters type. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Ninky I first learned about the word codicil in Flowers of the Attic. Sigh, that first book of the series. 

@Yori Ten Thank you, I will check it out. Short or long stories, I don't really mind. :)

Gosh, if I remember my childhood, I think books babysat me, hahahah! From comics, thin books, thick tomes, softbound, hardbound, fiction, non-fiction. My unforgettable find was a very heavy history book owned by my grandfather. Though I didn't read everything there, I was amazed with the contents and the pics, the text of the speeches of the leaders that time.

Like you I grew up with many books. From Enid Blyton to Narnia to The Secret Garden, I loved all of them. I also had a full set of encyclopedias :D. I had an awesome thirst for knowledge :D

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Like you I grew up with many books. From Enid Blyton to Narnia to The Secret Garden, I loved all of them. I also had a full set of encyclopedias :D. I had an awesome thirst for knowledge :D

I still remember a condensed book of fairytales by Reader's Digest, stories by Hand Christian Andersen, etc. I miss the smell of new books! :lol:

I remember that copy of National Geographic magazine too, the cover was that famous Afghan girl. Hope I can still find those older than me magazines!

@MCrisD2020 Should you start with VC Andrews, Flowers in the Attic requires a box of tissue. 

My grandmother taught me to read at 3 coz I ask too many questions, lol!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

Yeah that story from VC Andrews.. Shows the depth of human depravity. If you guys don't already know, Fifty Shades of Grey is based on a Twilight Fan Fic. So I am not too fond of Fan Fic due to veering off canon.

For English Fantasy I also read the books on the Shadowhunters.

Spoiler

True..

It's MOTU aka " Master of the universe*

DH in PB and EC in MOTU the differences was like heaven and earth or hell . I prefer EC in original books( SM) /movies just like I prefer DH of TQ books/ drama. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Chinese super fans captured this. The question here is, is this DJxFJ or VxR? If it's DH, they said it's weird that he will put his hand over her shoulder. :tounge_wink:

Yori Ten, nothing has any meaning except the meaning you give it.:naughty:  Just as how you went goo-goo-ga-ga when Vengo Dong Hua told Feng Jiu "I love you, don't get so jealous. There has never been anyone else...It is you that I have always loved" in the finale interview.:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

@Yori Ten I think I've seen this part in drama ...I mean where DH put his hand on FJ shoulder.

This part was DH and FJ at the snake pit in AD soon after they stroll in the marketplace.. 

DH put his hand on FJ shoulder, should be Guangre because it so very human or modern style.

Dongfeng or GuangRe.. either way I love them both.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@Yori Ten hahaha actually I noticed this in the drama and actually made an eagle eye to see because it was a long shot scene.  My shipper heart wants it to be GR :D but of course being realistic I can say it was a nice touch on DJ doing that gesture!  My other favorite part that i found the acting so natural is after that scene when DJ carried FJ from the horse carriage where she was complaining about her sore feet....i dont know but it was really really so acted out naturally :wub:

But the shipper do have a point, no need for that additional act :D

I also noticed that gesture in the maiden festival, not sure if it was bts or the scene was cut.  It was the part where FJ was looking for DJ in the crowd.  Where reba said afterwards - how romantic

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

@jimmylyne @Zelnk

Wow ladies, you girls are super viewers. Honestly, when I first saw the .gif, I had no idea at all which scene it was. When I saw the actual broadcasted scene, I was like..wow, really? That was like a super long shot, just a second long and you girls can see it? Amazing. 

Zelnk, that was a prank on Reba by the production team. Reba wasn't expecting Vengo to come and sweep her from behind. Her expression was genuine. They didn't show the exact scene in broadcast as it was edited differently. 

ELoD is up to 7.7b now and considering it is only available through one official channel in China, that really speaks volume. A lot of fans are rewatching and some are already on their 5th full episodes run. ELoD could have been even bigger had it not for the current circumstances. I am still happy that even without major promos and ads, it still managed to pull in such huge numbers. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@jimmylyne @Zelnk

Wow ladies, you girls are super viewers. Honestly, when I first saw the .gif, I had no idea at all which scene it was. When I saw the actual broadcasted scene, I was like..wow, really? That was like a super long shot, just a second long and you girls can see it? Amazing. 

ELoD is up to 7.7b now and considering it is only available through one official channel in China, that really speaks volume. A lot of fans are rewatching and some are already on their 5th full episodes run. ELoD could have been even bigger had it not for the current circumstances. I am still happy that even without major promos and ads, it still managed to pull in such huge numbers. 

So true! Been in fb for elod and international fans are having trouble moving on too, they kept rewatching and rewatching :D the original tmopb producers might be regreting now they did not push thru elod. Ah the opportunity! 

Thailand shippers are also so active! They are almost in parallel with chinese shippers :D they keep digging and digging :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

And now we know why we didn't get a lot of BTS with these two. It would've been a fest for the shippers lol ( give me the bath in the dream of Aranya BTS please) I remember this scene after they visited the snakes pit but I do think it's an adlib from Vengo part. It was a sweet touch though.

• Like 4
  • Love 3