[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

She was the main antagonist of the plot, they ruined crucial part of ELOD by making her sympathetic one.. it effected the dark tone of certain scenes coz they changed it to grey area to whitewash Jh

Still ended up even more annoying! :tounge_xd:

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Wow. 

Another topic I wanna discuss. Who is more hateful? Jiheng or Zhihe....

Definitely Jiheng!!

The EL adaptation of Zhihe is much closer to the original character than ELOD adaptation of Zhihe... She did bully people and would harm others out of jealousy, but at the same time she is a bimbo with no brain cells.. so she could have made the best comical villian.. I love the novel part where she spits blood and faints after getting reality check from zhonglin, that part was hilarious.. 

I like the actress casted for Zhihe in ELOD but instead of acting like a childish spoiled brat with hyper reactions she kind of continued her role from ashes of love..  she could have acted little different from her former role 

Whereas JH is ur typical "white lotus" , she is a smart girl who looks innocent and acts sophisticated  but has a vile heart.. unlike the dumb ZH , jiheng calculates her move very well , says mean things while using a kind tone.. does evil S H I T while looking innocent.. she is the type to destroy Everything just coz she is feeling sad.. she bit the very hand that helped her in her diffcult times.. so she could have made the best dark obsessed villian (like su jin)

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 4

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

That would be fun! But how do we do that?

Twitter

On another note. Why is it that there are only female antagonists in this universe that cause such a great impact of personal loss/grief to the main leads? Rarely do we see true male antagonists that are of that caliber. Sexism or are females just that badass even when being bad?:joy:

• LOL 5

4 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Twitter

On another note. Why is it that there are only female antagonists in this universe that cause such a great impact of personal loss/grief to the main leads? Rarely do we see true male antagonists that are of that caliber. Sexism or are females just that badass even when being bad?:joy:

Because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? :lol::sweatingbullets:

Never mind that they were not even scorned, just so long they thought they were being scorned. :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

There are special kinds of snowflakes who actually like JH in ELOD.. unfortunately i encountered few..

I never understood why the actress AL wanted to play JH?

I know it was her dream to play FJ, wen she couldn't she just wanted to be a part of ELOD by playing another role.. any sane person would have picked the role of "Cheng yu" if they wanted to be loved by audience by playing a positive role..  plus Cheng yu is cute like FJ, but AL picked the role of Jiheng while wanting to look good so they had to change the characterisation of JH to an extent..Such a dumb woman!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

There are special kinds of snowflakes who actually like JH in ELOD.. unfortunately i encountered few..

I never understood why the actress AL wanted to play JH?

I know it was her dream to play FJ, wen she couldn't she just wanted to be a part of ELOD by playing another role.. any sane person would have picked the role of "Cheng yu" if they wanted to be loved by audience by playing a positive role..  plus Cheng yu is cute like FJ, but AL picked the role of Jiheng while wanting to look good so they had to change the characterisation of JH to an extent..Such a dumb woman!! 

Maybe she, AL, has a really unhealthy obsession with DH because of her love of the novel? Cheng Yu would be any sane person's choice, but screen time wise, there are rarely any interactions with DH.

It seems spiteful, wanting/accepting the change to the narrative "JH is a legitimate contender for DH's love". We all know she loved FJ & DH when she owned the rights, to turn around and accept the rewritten character of JH (giving her the benefit of the doubt, wasn't her idea to rewrite the character), still seems like she wasn't very loyal to her love for the novel. She double downed when she defended the erroneous characterization of JH in the drama. She had such potential to rock the baddy role, like ML did hers. I mean, so many praises for ML even though she was mostly tied up in a tree. :joy: AL, as an actress needs to up her game and her education of the characters she chooses to play, if she  wants to make a long career in this industry. Unfortunately, Chinese actors/actresses, especially the new wave are not known for being the most educated. They need bare minimum testing grades to be accepted into the schools/programs.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I never understood why the actress AL wanted to play JH

It takes one to know one...and love one? Ahahahah! Uhm, their mindset and behaviour might be like that of JH. I've met some people who goes after someone already involved, because it's thrilling and more challenging. Also, they live for the attention and popularity, never mind if they're cads and jerks.

AL might be after the exposure. JH has more scenes than Cheng Yu, or Miao Lou. I rather think she suits the role of Qing Hua, the former Biyinao queen. They can exchange roles IMO.

She isn't cute enough for Cheng Yu. :lol: I don't know if Junou actress can do cute to be Cheng Yu, though she's perfect as Junou. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

AL might be after the exposure. JH has more scenes than Cheng Yu, or Miao Lou. 

I may agree that AL maybe after exposure to make herself more well-known in the industry. After all, she was the one that own the copyright of ELOD, thus felt that she should be having more scene time in the drama, especially she was unable to become FJ. 

So... She would definitely not choose the role of Cheng Yu since it was not one of the bigger role in ELOD and only limited scene time. Miao Lou or JH would be a good role to capture the exposure as there were more scene time and bigger role in the drama (although still a smaller role than FJ).

But... ML's ending would be similar to the novel and having to die in the end. Whereas JH ending could be change to become positive as compare to the negative of the novel. And that was what the production has done by making her changed and becoming a better person. 

Anyway, I still think ML would be better choice for AL. Given it enabled her to show more on her acting skills as compare to JH. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Aari sky said:

Those fans might have misunderstood the funny snippets TQ released after the Peach blossom novel ..

In those snippets, DH always teases FJ that she is dumb (coz she really young) just for Fun.. I can't believe those fans actually took this seriously, which makes them the real dumb ones who cannot differenciate b/w funny teasing with honest feelings..

Along with the above mentioned inner thought.. in Aranya dream he openly says that Fengjiu is talented in Everything & She is perfect in every sense...

Dong Hua loves to tease her. He has a dark humour. That's the very first thing people need to understand. He is also famous for his poisonous tongue so he is just being true to form. No hypocrisy there.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, HeyheyheyJ said:

I may agree that AL maybe after exposure to make herself more well-known in the industry. After all, she feel that since she is the one that own the copyright of ELOD, she should be having more scene time in the drama, although now that she is unable to become FJ. 

So... She would definitely not choose the role of Cheng Yu since it is not one of the bigger role in ELOD and only limited scene time. Miao Lou or JH would be a good role to capture the exposure as there are more scene time and has bigger role in the drama (although still a smaller role than FJ).

But... ML's ending would be similar to the novel and having to die in the end. Whereas JH ending can be change to become positive as compare to the negative of the novel. And that is what the production has done by making her changed and becoming a better person. 

Anyway, I still think being ML would be better choice for AL. Given it enable the artists to show out more on their acting skills as compare to JH. But if AL is looking more on exposure and scene time,  then JH would be what she choosen instead. 

Very short-sighted of the actress and her team. Cheng Yu has potential of becoming her own lead character with Lian Song, ML was a better range of acting showcase. But like I said, Chinese entertainment industry puts more stock into looking pretty rather than smarts.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Well in the real 3L3W universe of the book world. Ji Heng is going to be alone forever. YCW's lover is going to be Xie Hua Lou, White Lord of the Underworld. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Another random thought: when it comes to the DongFeng relationship, it’s hard for me to tell who’s the parent and who’s the child. We have Dong Hua with all his ancient experience and knowledge, as well as his childish jealousy and demand for attention. And then there’s Feng Jiu, who is physically younger, has a regal queenly facade, and a strong mothering instinct.

BGG is the child?  :phew: DH x FJ are equal, peer, husband and wife. DH said it so himself no?:joy:

• LOL 4

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

If you read AL's piece on her skirt story, then maybe one can understand why she chose JH. She wanted to tell her story.

I've read that somewhere before, and I get her sentiments. However, the other extreme she supposedly did is something I'm doubtful now to relate over her giving up the role. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Very short-sighted of the actress and her team. Cheng Yu has potential of becoming her own lead character with Lian Song, ML was a better range of acting showcase. But like I said, Chinese entertainment industry puts more stock into looking pretty rather than smarts.

Very well executed move by her actually. We aren't talking about CY, we aren't talking about ML. On Weibosphere, viewers and book fans are still talking about her, her fans are still defending her. Bad publicity is publicity nevertheless, as it is better to be talked about rather than to be forgotten I guess.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 2

Just now, MayanEcho said:

BGG might be the parent once in a while. To both DH and FJ. :tounge_wink:

Oh totally! The way BGG questioned him to find out if he is an ideal father. He sat upright and asked like a parent questioning a child. Hahaha...

• LOL 6

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Oh totally! The way BGG questioned him to find out if he is an ideal father. He sat upright and asked like a parent questioning a child. Hahaha...

Hmm, hope DH did some cooking in that lonesome 200 years, following what FJ taught him for edible sweet and sour fish. The mini lie detector will surely make a follow up! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Another random thought: when it comes to the DongFeng relationship, it’s hard for me to tell who’s the parent and who’s the child. We have Dong Hua with all his ancient experience and knowledge, as well as his childish jealousy and demand for attention. And then there’s Feng Jiu, who is physically younger, has a regal queenly facade, and a strong mothering instinct.

BGG is the parent, FJ and DH are the child :lol:

• LOL 8