[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Haha..he could be the next Keanu with his manner hands. There are some pics of him folding his hands that way or distancing his hands while taking pics with the ladies.

@MayanEcho Lucky you, spared from the agonizing three year wait for ELoD. We really have to thank fans for tirelessly lobbying for V and R to reprise their roles. Without them, we wouldn't have the original and ELoD wouldn't be the same.

They did so well as DH and FJ in TMOPB, how else would they have fans lobbying for them for ELOD. V and R owned their roles.:wub:

I get V putting distance especially nowadays that pics or videos are easily manipulated. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

They did so well as DH and FJ in TMOPB, how else would they have fans lobbying for them for ELOD. V and R owned their roles.:wub:

I get V putting distance especially nowadays that pics or videos are easily manipulated. 

I get my kick now from watching DHxFJ in TMOPB and then in ELoD. I like how DH have to chase her like a fool just to get her attention. So, yes, it's very good they reprised their roles so I can see a foolish DH! But a foolish DH in love is too adorable to make me not want him to get hurt! It is the DH in TMOPB that I wanted to smack so badly.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

@pawla lol..DH's personal pillow hug :relaxed:

Why Vengo's face like that..he look displeased.:lol:

Wow, DHxFJ fanmade bedtime antics are getting wilder and wilder. I hope we won't get to the point where it has to be pixelated!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

They really owned it and made it hard for us and the rest of 3L3W or ELOD to forget about it. V&R were made for Dong Hua and Feng Jiu, thanks to the ppl who casted them

• Like 5
  • Love 4

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Oh, quite interesting. How is FJ dumb for other people not from around here? Honest question..in what way exactly? Do share some insights. :phew:

From what I have seen, FJ is usually being called out as childish, hopelessly and shamelessly in love, annoying brat and occasionally as having a father complex problem. 

FJ was described even by DH as a little girl. She might be 30,000 something years old, but that's still very young in the immortal world. Didn't DH even ask her what would she know about those practices, she's only 30,000 at ep35? 

DH had thought of her as perfect.

She's a young teen hero worshipping her saviour. She crushing on DH is normal as she wasn't alone on that.

She however was not childish, nor shameless, nor totally hopelessly in love. She knew when to cut ties. On the contrary, the foolish and shameless and childish are the brat oldies JH and ZH. 

Childish and shameless will be warning off others not to bewitch their foster brothers. Hopelessly foolish and shameless will be demanding your benefactor to divorce his beloved wife to fulfill a promise not even actually promised for you.

FJ is naive and still learning, but she's not dumb. She had shown her capacity to learn, even conquer her fears. She's not dumb because she's sometimes last in class rankings; she only was in subjects that bore her. She was excellent in ancient history.

If she's dumb, how can she wriggle info from Meng Shao about something he didn't want to talk about? 

DH said she was unpromising and he wanted to challenge himself. That was actually a challenge issued to FJ on how much competitive she is to win the fruit.

I'm surprised with the father complex. There wasn't any. When and where did she gave a whiff on that?

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

42 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Oh, quite interesting. How is FJ dumb for other people not from around here? Honest question..in what way exactly? Do share some insights. :phew:

From what I have seen, FJ is usually being called out as childish, hopelessly and shamelessly in love, annoying brat and occasionally as having a father complex problem. 

Just like you said  because of her childish antics, being spoiled and believing everything other people tell her. It annoyed the heck out of me when I saw that. I guess I'm just loyal to our people :D.  I don't think they understand the characters as much as we do here. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

@MayanEcho Clap clap clap! Great character analysis there girl! Couldn't agree more. Many have forgotten or failed to realize that our FJ is a young girl in love. She is a baby in the immortal world for sure and have much to learn!

I have seen comments regarding her father complex when they discussed on why she chose DH, that old man over Lord Chang Yi. Go figure.

@daydreamer77 Send those ppl over here and let us rehabilitate them! :tounge_wink: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Wow, DHxFJ fanmade bedtime antics are getting wilder and wilder. I hope we won't get to the point where it has to be pixelated!

Ikr.. definitely getting more bolder wilder and daring.

This fanart reminds me of the mini story that  has been translated by our beloved team member including you..

It about where FJ accused DH using her as a pillow..where they end up making love at the end..

Maybe that's where the ideas came from..

It has to be pixelated if it's became more wilder or daring/expose..not that I mind..lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

There is one thing that irks me about the drama.

Dong Hua never learns that Jiheng stole credit for the weapon blueprints. He never learns that Feng Jiu likes weaponry.

the bing cang ceremony doesn’t count since all Qingqiu monarch have to make their own sword.

but in the novel, he knows about this through the miaoluo glass, and even gave her his collection of swords.

so disappointing.

on the bright side, at least in the drama, he makes sure to tell the queen to let Feng Jiu have the fruit. I think they let the theft go in the book because of all that they had suffered.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Nothing has stopped us before! :joy: We can always put our vivid imaginations to good use :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

on the bright side, at least in the drama, he makes sure to tell the queen to let Feng Jiu have the fruit. I think they let the theft go in the book because of all that they had suffered.

There certainly some changes in the drama, some are head-scratchers and some are way better.  

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Megan said:

There is one thing that irks me about the drama.

Dong Hua never learns that Jiheng stole credit for the weapon blueprints. He never learns that Feng Jiu likes weaponry.

the bing cang ceremony doesn’t count since all Qingqiu monarch have to make their own sword.

but in the novel, he knows about this through the miaoluo glass, and even gave her his collection of swords.

so disappointing.

FJ can hardly be accused of theft even if she was there trapped because she won that fruit in the first place.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

@MayanEcho Clap clap clap! Great character analysis there girl! Couldn't agree more. Many have forgotten or failed to realize that our FJ is a young girl in love. She is a baby in the immortal world for sure and have much to learn!

I have seen comments regarding her father complex when they discussed on why she chose DH, that old man over Lord Chang Yi. Go figure.

@daydreamer77 Send those ppl over here and let us rehabilitate them! :tounge_wink: 

Er, she knows DH while nothing about Cangyi? Tsk, tsk. That's their basis for father complex? :wacko:

FJ is playful and mischievous, that I give to her. She would believe what she's told if she sees no reason why that person would be actually fooling her. That's where she's naive - not everything seriously said is meant to be taken at face value.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ is playful and mischievous, that I give to her. She would believe what she's told if she sees no reason why that person would be actually fooling her. That's where she's naive - not everything seriously said is meant to be taken at face value.

And she's so innocent.  She believes and trusts everyone is being true because she is honest and real.  As she matures she will become wiser. 

Even when Dijun thinks she's seducing him, she isn't...or is she?  :naughty::lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

21 minutes ago, daydreamer77 said:

And she's so innocent.  She believes and trusts everyone is being true because she is honest and real.  As she matures she will become wiser. 

Even when Dijun thinks she's seducing him, she isn't...or is she?  :naughty::lol:

Nope, she didn't do any of that. Not even that first kiss. Hahaha. DH on the other hand is beguiled by her lack of artifice. He's seduced by her natural charm, beauty, and expressive eyes.

• Like 2
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think everyone has a father/mother complex. Taking in mind, complex is a complicated abbreviation of what we are taught, how we are nurtured, and assumptions we make about the general gender based on our parents (both positive and negative). We as children, learn our gender roles and core values from, surprise, surprise, our parents. We try to find people who emanate the good we learned from our parents and it shows in the friends we surround ourselves with, let alone our chosen significant other. FJ has a plethora of good role models in her family/life, both male and female. Of course she can recognize a good man when she sees one. She recognizes great friends, too!  She is very lucky indeed to have such strong female roles in her life. She wasn't taught to sit still and look pretty, she was taught to lead, by females. That's why she is so level-headed and mature.

Let's not forget that it wasn't a father complex that compelled her to DH's side, it was hero worship. He literally saved her life, she wanted to go repay him. It wasn't until she was turned into a regular spiritual fox that she was privy to DH's private thoughts and true personality that her immature infatuation turned into mature love and appreciation.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 5