[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

@xienrue, I forgot to mention that Mo Qing got injured during the fight with Luo Mingxuan and loss consciousness, hence the bed scene that was so weirdly inserted in ep 53.

Where is this fight? The only time Li Chen Lan fight with Luo Ming Xuan and loss consciousness should be in episode 55 only?!

We have 2 bed scene. One should be following the sword sealing because at that time, Li Chen Lan said "Body seems to have no power, the heart feels empty, but seems there is no mo qi". These words could only come after the sword sealing. And then we have those kissing and .... the deed perhaps.

The other bed scene is following Luo Ming Xuan death; you can see Li Chen Lan has read marks around his neck which come from his restraint. This scene should be followed with Shen Qian Jin marriage in Gu Han Guang tomb.

42 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Where is this fight? The only time Li Chen Lan fight with Luo Ming Xuan and loss consciousness should be in episode 55 only?!

We have 2 bed scene. One is following the sword sealing when Li Chen Lan said "Body seems to have no power, the heart feels empty, but seems there is no mo qi". And then we have those kissing and .... the deed perhaps. The other hand is following Luo Ming Xuan death; you can see Li Chen Lan has read marks around his neck which come from his restraint.

The fight was in ep 55 but the bed scene right after Zhao Yao teleports him somewhere, then cut to him lying in bed with her holding his hand was randomly inserted into ep 53.

To quote myself, the part about Mo Qing getting injured and losing consciousness should be included in dot point 6

6.During The Immortal Sects meeting, Mo Qing sees Zhao Yao in danger and his Xinmo re-emerges. Zhao Yao kills Luo Mingxuan and retrieves Lu He.

7.Mo Qing is taken back to Wan Lu Men and awakens. Mo Qing and Zhao Yao participate in Shen Qianjin’s wedding ceremony to Gu Han Guang at his grave.

I see what you mean about Mo Qing losing consciousness after the sword sealing,but they didn’t even show a cut of the scene,so I didn’t include it.

40 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

The fight was in ep 55 but the bed scene right after Zhao Yao teleports him somewhere, then cut to him lying in bed with her holding his hand was randomly inserted into ep 53.

To quote myself, the part about Mo Qing getting injured and losing consciousness should be included in dot point 6

6.During The Immortal Sects meeting, Mo Qing sees Zhao Yao in danger and his Xinmo re-emerges. Zhao Yao kills Luo Mingxuan and retrieves Lu He.

7.Mo Qing is taken back to Wan Lu Men and awakens. Mo Qing and Zhao Yao participate in Shen Qianjin’s wedding ceremony to Gu Han Guang at his grave.

I see what you mean about Mo Qing losing consciousness after the sword sealing,but they didn’t even show a cut of the scene,so I didn’t include it.

My initial guess was the bedscene supposed to be after fighting LMX, so yea, I agree that the bedscene was meant to be after that. Since the bedscene needs MQ to lose consciousness and they had to be in a tight/stressed situation, for the passion to come out on top lol. However, correct me if I’m wrong but judging from the clothes and the hairstyle that ZY has, the bedscene’s clothes and hairstyle is that from the sealing of the sword before LMX fight. After LMX fight, ZY is back to her combat hairstyle. So the bedscene is after the sealing of the wan lun sword and before LMX fight? I’m putting the sequence together based on her hair and clothes lol. (Bedscene can be after sealing wan lun or LMX fight and still fit, however I think the drama direction was after the sealing of wan lun).

Just want to add to point 6.

the sword might be sealed away, but MQ called it back, redo his pack with the sword to borrow its strength to hit LMX one hit and give ZY the advantage she needs. But in doing so, he lets the seal out again, hence why it can then murder ppl in the library at point 8.

in any case, I feel like we are missing 1 bedscene! The one after LMX fight lol! Insert the playful picture of her holding lu he sword against his neck in bed :wub:

On 4/3/2019 at 1:14 AM, rainnie98 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but if i remember correctly, ep 19 is around the time Sima Rong was kidnapped by JW and rescued. At that point, i think LCL still doesnt know that ZY is invisible during the day.

When Sima Rong asked about Qin Zhi Yan when he first saw her in ep 15 as LCL's disciple, LCL revealed to Sima Rong that she is actually Zhao Yao. But LCL also told him that she is not completely ZY, only at night she is. And LCL asked Sima Rong if there is such a thing as a soul borrowing a body to return (the term he used is here jiè shī huán hún, literally meaning to reincarnate in another's body/ borrow another's body to return the soul). So it implies that while he knows that during the day, she is QZY and at night she is Zhao Yao, he doesn't really understand the mechanism of it or her invisibility yet.

OK this is getting confusing again, because now I watched episode 21 (after Sima Rong was kidnapped and Zhao Yao made a deal with A-Wu), but LCL seems to be able to see the invinsible Zhao Yao now? Even Zhao Yao herself was surprised when LCL suddenly stares at her, she thought he can see her but he pretends not to be able to see her. How is he able to see her, is it from the necklace he gave her?

@frostflower14 @Alila N I think we have different opinion of the number of bed scene. There are two bed scene in total in this last week episodes:

1.The bed scene in episode 53 (the passionate) and in episode 52 (I haven't sleep this well in a long time) should be originally one scene.

We can see that in both scenes, Li Chen Lan clothes is the same. He is in black undershirt. Zhao Yao hairdo is also the same. And both have the same conversation nuance. Basically, both scenes talking about how Li Chen Lan xin mo is now under control. Therefore, it is logical to put this bed scene right after the sword sealing. Because the sword returns in Luo Ming Xuan arc.

2. The bed scene in episode 55.

This bed scene is put correctly, because this must happen after Luo Ming Xuan death. Li Chen Lan wears his golden-black pajamas (different from bed scene no. 1) and Zhao Yao hairdo is also the same as the one she wears in Luo Ming Xuan arc. Plus we can see Li Chen Lan has red mark on his neck and hand which can only come from his restraint in that arc.

Following this logic, that was why I said in my previous post that we missing a scene when Li Chen Lan loses consciousness after sword sealing. Remember in raft scene, we can hear Zhao Yao calling Mo Qing name. I think in the real world, Li Chen Lan must have loss his consciousness.

Conclusion: There are two times of Li Chen Lan losing his consciousness which lead to two bed scene. However, we have only seen one.

3 hours ago, xienrue said:

@frostflower14 Agree. It seems to be correct order. What we are missing right now is a scene when the sword sealing is successful which should be followed by Li Chen Lan loses consciousness, hence the bed scene.

And about how the scene jump from discussion for sword sealing and Zhao Yao in white clothes, I know it is illogical but I try to use imagination: Perhaps the sealing made Li Chen Lan some kind of vanishing or "sleeping" dunno where for a couple of years. Therefore, Zhao Yao is waiting for him .....:blink:. I cannot imagine anything else to explain that scene jump.

Anyway, I also quite sure that we should have a scene that make Zhao Yao "sure" that Li Chen Lan will come back somehow. It doesn't make sense for her to wait that long without any hope. Li Chen Lan tried to take his own life when Zhao Yao dead, but failed because Wan Jun sword didn't let him. He then slaved himself to bettering Wan Lu Men until the point of mental exhaustion. Zhao Yao, armed with the knowledge regarding Liu He sword, with her personality, would not be able to wandering around like she is doing in the drama, if she is that sure Li Chen Lan is dead. She would be either become kind of hermit or doing something in memory of her lover.

By the way, anyone know where the Chinese posts their fanfiction? I need fanfic to sooth my pained heart ....

You can try LOFTER . I have been hiding over there.

2-D39874-B-542-A-4-A92-83-C9-DA7-B9-BB6-

The man in blue is the new Bei Shan Zhu. He was tasked by Zhi Yan to be Mt.Chen Ze’s new head of security and the Sect Leaders bodyguard. He looks so embarrassed to have his arm held by the new Sect Leader. Since Liu Cangling is married with kids,this is probably the authors way of hinting Zhi Yan has found someone that belongs to her just like Shen Qianjin said.

0-FF49325-45-B4-40-D4-A252-EA8346-BED04-

Someone found the actor who plays Luo Mingxuan’s stunt double.

E08-E7-EC7-E7-DF-46-F0-822-E-19-D879-E7-

Gu Han Guang was so busy holding Shen Qianjin’s hand that he spilled tea on himself. Or is this pic pointing out that the cup is empty?:sweat_smile:

An edit of a couple of the finial scenes that make it much more logical and includes Both the Bed scenes

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4357626083898485/4357627917906075

1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

Viki listed The Legends from Fanchannel to Coming Soon. Hopefully they won’t let us wait that long and let’s see what version they are using.

Hopefully they allow to edit it themselves :joy: then maybe we have the best version lol!

here is the video for our CP, I found it really cute (whether they are dating irl or not, it’s still cute and adorable :wub:)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VYc8sCWMSfg

It is unlikely Viki will make an effort to do edits to a "finished product" and they probably don't have the right to do so (copyright issues and the fact that is the version approved for distribution).

Any idea who wrote the English synopsis on Viki because it is quite misleading. She is not a spirit that possesses QZY's body and I think that is why a lot of viewers who don't understand Mandarin were confused when they watched the drama.

7 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

It is unlikely Viki will make an effort to do edits to a "finished product" and they probably don't have the right to do so (copyright issues and the fact that is the version approved for distribution).

Any idea who wrote the English synopsis on Viki because it is quite misleading. She is not a spirit that possesses QZY's body and I think that is why a lot of viewers who don't understand Mandarin were confused when they watched the drama.

Ya :p it’s just me being wishful lol. They never get the synopsis correctly either lol. Really sad....

Thanks, everyone who commented in this thread. :heart:

I really enjoyed reading all your thoughts and discussions on this drama. Even though the ending is kinda crappy, I'm at ep 15 now and I'm having fun despite the weird editing. So far, all the actors are doing a fantastic job (even the villains!) and the production quality is great (the costumes are sooo gorgeous and the sets don't look cheap).

Zhao Yao is the first proper FL that I've seen in a long while that is truly badass enough to not need anyone to save her.

Case in point (Ep 2 when the orthodox sects had discovered her and LCL): "Did I say that I'm running? The one running should be you guys."

So many dramas generate hype over the strength of their FL but they all end up needing others to save them <_<

I think The Legends is still a drama worth watching and recommending to friends. Viewers just have to mentally prepare themselves for the train wreck at the back or stop at the wedding and pretend that it ended there.

Finally watched finished the drama.

I'm seriously upset with the editing especially the finale.

It's all over the place and so confusing and I just give up trying to figure out and let it play out till the end.

The drama start up real good and the build up and etc.

The editing? It's a joke.

Still a good drama to watch.

Just sad that Zhao Yao was soooooo awesome at the start and then suddenly she became demure and girlie. <_<

7 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Finally watched finished the drama.

I'm seriously upset with the editing especially the finale.

It's all over the place and so confusing and I just give up trying to figure out and let it play out till the end.

The drama start up real good and the build up and etc.

The editing? It's a joke.

Still a good drama to watch.

Just sad that Zhao Yao was soooooo awesome at the start and then suddenly she became demure and girlie. <_<

I thought the editing was terrible too. Especially episodes 53-56 hence why fans have done their own edits.

17 hours ago, ilovetea said:

Thanks, everyone who commented in this thread. :heart:

I really enjoyed reading all your thoughts and discussions on this drama. Even though the ending is kinda crappy, I'm at ep 15 now and I'm having fun despite the weird editing. So far, all the actors are doing a fantastic job (even the villains!) and the production quality is great (the costumes are sooo gorgeous and the sets don't look cheap).

Zhao Yao is the first proper FL that I've seen in a long while that is truly badass enough to not need anyone to save her.

Case in point (Ep 2 when the orthodox sects had discovered her and LCL): "Did I say that I'm running? The one running should be you guys."

So many dramas generate hype over the strength of their FL but they all end up needing others to save them <_<

I think The Legends is still a drama worth watching and recommending to friends. Viewers just have to mentally prepare themselves for the train wreck at the back or stop at the wedding and pretend that it ended there.

I am sorry to tell you but he editing only get worse. :( it got to a point where I sort of gave up. 

4 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

I thought the editing was terrible too. Especially episodes 53-56 hence why fans have done their own edits.

Actually from start was already terrible but it was bearable for a while...

Then I didn't like it at episode 55 (I think) when suddenly LCL turn demonic and then suddenly he lost his "power" as I was left scratching my head.

The worse was watching episode 56 and I give up scratching at all...

Lol

19 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Actually from start was already terrible but it was bearable for a while...

Then I didn't like it at episode 55 (I think) when suddenly LCL turn demonic and then suddenly he lost his "power" as I was left scratching my head.

The worse was watching episode 56 and I give up scratching at all...

Lol

I did a timeline somewhere in this forum of what I thought was the correct timeline for the last 3 or 4 episodes, cause they were confusing as heck. The last scene was supposed to be Lu He sword emerging from the Tomb of Swords and Mo Qing calling out “ Zhao Yao” not that repurposed scene of when Zhao Yao and Mo Qing were young.

We all quite agree that the editing is very bad. However, I haven't regretted that I decided to watch this. The storytelling (excluding the ending) is good, chemistry is superb :astonished:(one of the best that I've ever seen), acting is ....:heart: (including protagonist and antagonist side characters). I can always create my own ending inside my head, so ..... the re-watching value of this drama is high for me.

Now that I more or less have sobered up from frustration of bad ending and editing, I want to talk about the drama ending in general. I think chinese drama has this chronic sickness called "rushed ending". Like 95% drama or more that I have seen always have rushed ending. The only drama that really take time to elaborate their ending (that I know of) is Ten Miles Peach Blossom. That drama really took its time to elaborate Bai Qian pain in losing Ye Hua so when it was time for the couple reunion I could feel the relieve of "Final".

The legends, I believe we have seen all the footage available and we have more or less reached consensus that the original ending should be the scene of Liu He sword in sword tomb. If we followed the original ending, the timeline should be:

1. Li Chen Lan - Zhao Yao fight in sword tomb

2. Li Chen Lan dies

3. Zhao Yao desperately trying to find Li Chen Lan body

4. Zhao Yao in white clothes, waiting for Li Chen Lan comes back

5. Liu He sword comes out in sword tomb

I wish that the drama took time to elaborate what had happened in between point 3 and 4. In the point 3, Zhao Yao was in craze moment, trying to find Li Chen Lan remains only to fail. What happened next? Did she return to Wan Lu Men heart broken? Or she refused to return at all? And how did she get this believe that Li Chen Lan would come back? Because she didn't find the body? Well, Li Chen Lan body could have been turned to ash like had happened to Luo Ming Xuan. In her conversation with Sima Rong, I got the feel that Sima Rong was very careful and gentle when he brought up Li Chen Lan issue. I believe any sane person in Wan Lu Men would think that Li Chen Lan was dead, so what had happened that made them never say that aloud in front of Zhao Yao?

Bai Lu acting in the end arc was very good. She is the first actress that I have seen that can emote the devastated state of mind that well. Acting for this type of screen is not easy I think because the sadness that must be emoted is beyond tears. The actor/actress needs to emote with their whole body. Bai Lu nailed this very well. You can see in the way she smiled, walked, and talked when she was in that white mourning clothes. I can only imagine how she would act in a screen when she needed to defend her believe that Li Chen Lan was still alive; when the memory of her thrusting Liu He sword through Li Chen Lan body was still very fresh in her mind. That would be one hell of performance if nailed well. The pain, the disbelief, the desperation, and above all anger to herself. Li Chen Lan brought out Liu He sword on his own choice, correct. But at that point of time, it would not matter for Zhao Yao. All she knew, she was the one who asked for the sword, and she was also the one that used the sword to kill him. Her conclusion would be: I was the one who brought him to his death from the beginning.

My point is, you have such wonderful actress in your hand. Why not let her perform the ending scene to its fullest? Let us the viewers feel the pain to its fullest, too. Make us crying for the whole episode. Instead we were only given a couple of minutes ..... sigh .....

Archived