[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/22/2017 at 10:27 AM, hell59 said:

Is any website subbing this drama?

@hell59  Yes HDfree is also subbing this drama.. 

I found the first episode to hilarious and the turn of things in 2 took it to a dufferent tail spin here she's thinking her brother committed such and act only to find out in the last few that he was framed by that sleezy lawyer father who wants to try and marry her..

On 11/22/2017 at 11:23 PM, haymochi said:

Finally watched the 2 eps . It's actually fun and kept me in edge the whole time

i will possibly love Eunbin+Yeon Woo Jin love line too...

although i kinda agree that Lee Jung Joo craziness is over the top. It's too over.. esp when she jumped onto the court table, took off her robe and yell at the defendant

but i'm gonna keep watching. I love Park Eun bin

@haymochi  Talk about anger management needed on so many emotional levels but I could see why that push her buttons.. That really took it over the top to say that he was teaching them sex education through experience..   I couldn't believe the writer would even come up with a line like that from a rapist.. Over the top but a good really good even though I don't agree with it.. A man like him in the states couldn't survive general population in prison.. After the inmates have introduced him to every object in prison of mankind they would leave him with a parting gift (AIDS) that keeps giving but he wouldn't be able to pass it along..  It's his punishment to die slowly and miserably while being tortured on a daily basis.. 

On 11/23/2017 at 4:16 AM, hyall said:

Can such young people be judges in Korea ?

@hyall  Of couses in the state of Texas there was a female judge at the age of 28 or 29.. If one is smart enough to pass the exam I don't see why not..   

On 11/23/2017 at 7:29 AM, gracebkk said:

Has anyone watched today's episode yet?? I've only watched episode 3 so far, haven't watched episode 4 yet. However I saw a clip on youtube that got me confused. 

Does this mean that the person who actually is guilty of the crime is Hanjoon (DongHa)??? But... what?!?!

Anyways.. did anyone find it weird when Prosecutor Sa checked her pulse on the side of her neck? Isn't the pulse located towards the front part of the neck (next to the throat tube thing (sorry.. don't know the exact name for it))?

Anyhow.. enjoying the drama so far.. Let's see how it goes next week. Hopefully the ratings for today's episode stays the same or higher, and not lower. Solid acting from the cast members too! But.. why does it feel like today's episode's ratings will drop?? T.T

@gracebkk  Yep it was him DongHa his action would have effected his mom career as a judge.. I think her brother may have pleaded guilty due to the fact that dad threaten her life.. What I find ridiculous is that DongHa showed up at his trial as to carry out such threats to his sister life.. So I this means that he killed her mom and not her mom friend son.. This is Koreans high official working at it's best to cover crimes and corruption..

It may have some funny moments but the writing should be good too. I have to say since law degrees are hard courses in SK and being a judge is a dignified position, then I was taken aback that this is where it is going.

Even if the writer seeks to make the judges have personalities,should he/she make them so silly and petty? I have just finished ep 5/6 don't think I will bother rewatching with subs. You can't have 2 back to back cases that involves errors in law and wrongly convicted defendants. Then are both of them randomly involved with judges with connections to more mutual acquaintances. Plus add in domestic violence.

And didn't the single mother who is also the law student who had the baby with her that day- suddenly go for drinks without the kid? They definitely said single parent right? That's the most mismatched group of Korea University law students I have ever seen. Do you how few law students they take in to make such jokes out of them? And these are the ones hoping to be future judges.

I mean, gosh, court is fairly serious. Everyone looked serious the times I've been there- the Korean ones. And the judges are serious about their work. I haven't even seen their court clerk with the judge. Some of the judges are tenacious and things and steps done for the case all documented. Did the writer actually get access to how real judges work before writing this drama? Good golly. Even the security measures in the 1st episode was lacking.

Love the cast. But the writing... isn't very very plotted out. A legal drama can have its light moments but not every fan find it acceptable for it to be totally devoid of logical plot lines. The coincidences are so messy. What the s**t are the prosecutor's investigators doing? Or the judges surprised. And the bailiffs are well. They do things under the judges instructions. Gosh. Good golly gosh man.

I don't have or need high standards but maybe some semblance of any sort of legal accuracy will be nice. Because it's not a drama about the prosecutors. And I would like the drama to have high ratings because of the writing. Since the cast can carry the acting weight.

Ps... judges can list multiple cases and the workload heavy. Looking at the number of cases in the system. It starts off with 0 at the beginning of the year and then grows by the several thousands by end of the year. And ain't no way a judge can have such a light load as to do only a single case at a time.

@sava2sava HD free is a subbing site as well? I know VIU is subbing. The original site credits their subs. Subsequent streaming sites which uses it don't. I am pretty sure viki uses the VIU ones. It looked the same last week.

• I quite liked ep 5+6, I agree that we have a TON of plotholes and the writing is kinda meh, but I like the fast pace the drama has. 
  • Although it's quite interesting and maybe a little odd to see Judge Sa feeling so....mhm...maybe "attracted" it the wrong term to describe it, but stopping to walk along with her and asking her if she's on bad terms with her head judge is including some sort of interest in her person.
    I mean, yeah, they have to work together at some point, but it's interesting to see that actually he does the first steps to achieve it. Especially because he is an individual judge and doesn't have to care about anyone. He already takes care about her.
  • So HJ is the bad guy who raped and killed a student, his mother probably was forced to carry out a wrong ruling and her husband is hitting her, which makes her a victim of domestic violence. We know that HJ's father knows that his son is the real killer and ordered his wife to sent the scapegoat in form of Kyung-Ho to prison. In exchange the family took care of his sister. Well and probably the command that he should never touch Judge Lee. I mean, makes sense, he doesn't want his sister to marry a murder & rapist.
  • What bothers me a little are the different vibes that come from each department, Judge Sah's department, which most likely is because of his serious, not-smiling personality, feels way more realistic and...interesting. It feels authentic and crime-drama-worthy.
    In comparison Judge Lee's department is pretty much always just comedy, slapstick and feels like a complete different drama. All of the characters there are...too much. 
    But on the other hand I do like Judge Lee and her team. 
  • I'm also wondering in which kind of relationship Se Ra is with Judge Sa. I have to say she is kinda hot....so if they ever were a couple, he has to report to me why they aren't anymore.
  • But overall, I like the drama. Looking forward to the next episode. 

Ah... then everyone is using the VIU subs then. Man wonder who they hire to sub so fast. But I noticed a 2 letter Chinese name for the subber for a few dramas. I might end up watching ep 7-8 without subs if I am impatient. If the writer is writing based on coincidences and 6 degrees of separation; won't even rewatch it wirh subs. 

The thing is its actually sad that the script calls for a renown female judge, a professor to suffer silently under domestic violence. I know it happens in real life that a successful career woman can still accept abuse. But it's just sad. I have just watched such vicious brutal assaults in Black and  Revolutionary Love. From family members. 

Is this the latest trend in writing?

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Is this the latest trend in writing?

It might just be that chingu @ck1Oz. Here I am suspecting the Mother to be in on the whole confession from CKH. But it looks like  HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF BETWEEN SUH, LJJ and DHJ  JUST LIKE IT WAS FOR SDJ, YMH AND DJM.    

Hopefully this generation will get it right and the Girl will choose the nice guy instead of the bad guy. I seriously have gone through so many scenario when YMH was invoved in some way because hse wants to protect her son. Then I think the father is the actual culprit and used the opportunity to guilt trip his own son to comply with him. I think that DHJ isn't the culprit , because the drama just started and finding the suspect is way to quick for now.

• I really have to praise Bae Yoo-Ram for his acting as Joo-Hyeong. Playing such a role in this convincing fashion is really hard and not easy to accomplish. He does a really good job potraying him.
  • I may say that a little often, but I like how Judge Sa interacts with Judge Lee. Normally in these early moments in a drama there are some back and forth shenanigans where either the male or female lead tease the other by denying or withdrawing information to provoke a re- or interaction.
    I love how Jung Joo just rushed into Sa's office to read the case regarding her brother. And instead of interfering, he just let her read and hold her hair. Which, to be honest, felt a little odd because we are quite early in the drama. 
    I wonder if he actually already start to feel something for her.
  • Judge Sa was kinda badass (especially while touching his glasses) when he filled in for Judge Lee. He wants to help and protect her, I like it, he really has some shiny knight abilities. 

In this drama the male lead is the cool headed and wise one

while the female lead has some anger management issue lol.. she needs to fix this asap esp if she works as a judge. Once again she showed her unprofessional side by looking through those crucial documents with water dripping from her head

i'm watching ep7&8 raw....the mother is hella suspicious and kinda scary at times. I still don't know who the real culprit is and is dreading the fact that Jung Joo's brother might die for the story to move to another level.

but the fact in the flashback scene JJ's asked DJ to record for her dying mother cos his voice is similar to his brother might be a clue?

sad that the ratings keep going down..:(

On 11/29/2017 at 3:15 PM, sava2sava said:

Talk about anger management needed on so many emotional levels but I could see why that push her buttons.. That really took it over the top to say that he was teaching them sex education through experience..   I couldn't believe the writer would even come up with a line like that from a rapist.. Over the top but a good really good even though I don't agree with it.. A man like him in the states couldn't survive general population in prison.. After the inmates have introduced him to every object in prison of mankind they would leave him with a parting gift (AIDS) that keeps giving but he wouldn't be able to pass it along..  It's his punishment to die slowly and miserably while being tortured on a daily basis

Chingu @sava2sava, the writer chose the right choice of words since the rapos Himself was molested when he was young. That is all the rapist knew and that is why he said that. I HATe Rapist and most rapist were molested when they young and make themselves believe t they aren’t wrong but subconsciously they know it’s wrong. Since they are broken and that is why they don’t admit what et did wrong and do it behind doors. They know it’s wrong but can’t break from that habit. It has become a way of life for them because the molestation must have lasted a long time. 

Hello! I just started watching this and liking it. It's not perfect like some of you pointed out but I am liking the story and the pace. Some parts are clichés, some others are actually quite nice and relevant to the position of judge.

Yup, like @UnniSarah said, the rapist actually believes that it is what he was doing because his mother did the same thing to him. She raped him and said that she was educating him. He only reproduced his mother's behavior. And I am not saying that to excuse what he did - he should be punished for it, but he should also receive treatment so that he does not repeat the same thing once he goes out again.

I have my ideas about who did it:

- The father. Like @yusefull said, the father is suspicious. First, he is violent (we saw Prof's back, he is abusive with her); he seems to care about appearances a lot. Which aslo makes me think that he might be the one responsible for the cover up and maybe not the crime...

- The mother/Prof. No matter how hard she tries to be nice, there is a side of her that is a bit off like @haymochi pointed otu too. Not sure what yet... I think she belived that Judge Lee's brother was innocent but did nothing then. Perhaps she is feeling guilty about that? Is she also trying to protec her son? Maybe her husband?

- What about Jang Soon Book's husband?... I mean we know that he lived around that cottage too so he als knew Ga Young.

21 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Hello! I just started watching this and liking it. It's not perfect like some of you pointed out but I am liking the story and the pace. Some parts are clichés, some others are actually quite nice and relevant to the position of judge.

Yup, like @UnniSarah said, the rapist actually believes that it is what he was doing because his mother did the same thing to him. She raped him and said that she was educating him. He only reproduced his mother's behavior. And I am not saying that to excuse what he did - he should be punished for it, but he should also receive treatment so that he does not repeat the same thing once he goes out again.

I have my ideas about who did it:

- The father. Like @yusefull said, the father is suspicious. First, he is violent (we saw Prof's back, he is abusive with her); he seems to care about appearances a lot. Which aslo makes me think that he might be the one responsible for the cover up and maybe not the crime...

- The mother/Prof. No matter how hard she tries to be nice, there is a side of her that is a bit off like @haymochi pointed otu too. Not sure what yet... I think she belived that Judge Lee's brother was innocent but did nothing then. Perhaps she is feeling guilty about that? Is she also trying to protec her son? Maybe her husband?

- What about Jang Soon Book's husband?... I mean we know that he lived around that cottage too so he als knew Ga Young.

Hi @carolinedl Well said on the rapist needing treatment. In fact he is a very sick man who needs tell his story about what happened to him. Make him see what was done to him was very bad. That he shouldn’t do the same thing to other people because look at how he turned out. 

I too find it hard to read the Mom. To me I believe she is just as sick as her husband. I think the son himself has the same tendency as his father and I blame the Mom for how her so turned out. He seen how his father hurts his mom and he hates but he can’t stop his father because his father is has something over him. I agree the Professor May have become the person she is because of who she married.  She is guilty of something but I wonder does she want to come clean or does she want to Take Secret to grace. I have no idea what she is thinking. The reason I think she is as sick as her husband is because she is very good at reading people. She got through the rapist, I could swear she spoke to him and made him feel some kid of maternal love.

Anorher thing when Professor is with her son , I don’t feel the same warmth younyoi would see when Judge Sa and his father talk. You can feel the warmth when Judge Sa and His thatcher are together.  I know that The Prosecutor loves his mom and she loves him but i just can’t see it between them. Why is that???

30 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hi @carolinedl Well said on the rapist needing treatment. In fact he is a very sick man who needs tell his story about what happened to him. Make him see what was done to him was very bad. That he shouldn’t do the same thing to other people because look at how he turned out. 

I too find it hard to read the Mom. To me I believe she is just as sick as her husband. I think the son himself has the same tendency as his father and I blame the Mom for how her so turned out. He seen how his father hurts his mom and he hates but he can’t stop his father because his father is has something over him. I agree the Professor May have become the person she is because of who she married.  She is guilty of something but I wonder does she want to come clean or does she want to Take Secret to grace. I have no idea what she is thinking. The reason I think she is as sick as her husband is because she is very good at reading people. She got through the rapist, I could swear she spoke to him and made him feel some kid of maternal love.

Anorher thing when Professor is with her son , I don’t feel the same warmth younyoi would see when Judge Sa and his father talk. You can feel the warmth when Judge Sa and His thatcher are together.  I know that The Prosecutor loves his mom and she loves him but i just can’t see it between them. Why is that???

I think watching this, it does spur the debate of nature vs nurture imo. From the rapist to HJ and his mother, is it the environment they lived in that they are how they are now. Overall the drama is interesting in it makes me want to know whether HJ is bad as his parent OR if he will redeem himself in an way. 

But honestly can I get more scene of Judge Sa and Judge Lee together please? I like their interaction very much when they're together and when he hold her hair for her. HAHAHA, he enjoy skinskip with Judge Lee :) lol

7 minutes ago, Lyna said:

But honestly can I get more scene of Judge Sa and Judge Lee together please? I like their interaction very much when they're together and when he hold her hair for her. HAHAHA, he enjoy skinskip with Judge Lee :) lol

Same with chingu @Lyna... Their interraction are so cute. Sometimes it feels like Judge Sa may actually know Judge Lee. Judge S is so cute and so geeky . Then he would turn around and do something bold. He is like my hero and just adorable. :wub::wub:

I mean it's pretty much clear that Do Jin-Myung is responsible for the cover up. He made sure that a scapegoat goes in prison instead of his son. The question is now, which role did Prof. Yoo played in all this, did her husband threatened her to make a wrong ruling? But if she did, shouldn't she stop Judge Lee from looking into that case again?

Or did her husband just manipulate the evidence behind her back so perfectly, that she had to sent Lee's brother to prison, even though she maybe think it's odd?

59 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Probably because Prof knows that her son isn't an honest straightforward person? Remember how she talked to him about stop driving a motorcycle and instead driving a car. She questioned herself why her husband got rid of the car and why her son doesn't want another one since then.

The only pieces she got were the words that her sons car brought "bad luck". An exceptional judge like her can add one and one together and become suspicious. She also knows that fathers in high positions have a lot of influence towards their sons and she knows her husband. I don't mean that just because her husband is mean, her son is mean aswell, but she knows that her son may have seen that her husband abused his powers more than once.

Judge Sa and his father feel more like equals, he looks up to his dad and his dad is proud of his son. When they talked about cases they talked about it casually. They trust each other, which will be shattered soon I guess. 

21 minutes ago, Lyna said:

+1 :D 

I want to see more of them aswell. The scene where he hold her hair was so sweet. I hope they will work together soon and we become more scenes like this.

23 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I mean it's pretty much clear that Do Jin-Myung is responsible for the cover up. He made sure that a scapegoat goes in prison instead of his son. The question is now, which role did Prof. Yoo played in all this, did her husband threatened her to make a wrong ruling? But if she did, shouldn't she stop Judge Lee from looking into that case again?

Or did her husband just manipulate the evidence behind her back so perfectly, that she had to sent Lee's brother to prison, even though she maybe think it's odd?

I think it was implied that since Judge Lee's brother had confessed, it was hard to have any other rulling really. I think the Prof. thought he was innocent (wasn't that the notebook that Prosecutor Do was looking at? Didn't it belong to his mother?) but once the person confesses, what can you do?...

I am not convinced that HJ is the culprit to be honest. First, it would be too easy. Yes, all the evidence point at him, but I think that is the problem... I think he is scared, scared to be thought to be guilty, but also because he probably thinks that he is coveing up for his father or his mother. And perhaps that is why he is such a force of nature, someone that cannot be controlled; because in fact, he is controlled, his whole life has been controlled and perhaps he tries to regain some of that power he lost by doing what he wants. Like @Lyna said, nature vs. nurture/environment: Judge Lee said that he could never do sthg like that, and for now, I want to believe her, but his environment makes things a bit complicated... (I also think that is probably why he is so attached to Judge Lee: maybe because he thinks she sees the real him and does not try to control him?)

As for the car, I think that he knows that is where GY died, his car of all places, and refusing to have one might also be some kind of protection mecanism. Again, I am being influenced by my belief that he was not the one that killed Ga Young...

@carolinedlOh right, he confessed right? Yeah, then she doesn't have a choice and had to rule this way. Maybe this was part of the deal. Mhm, yeah...that could mean Prof Yoo knew he was innocent but had to rule this way. This makes the theory about her husband maniulating the case even more likely. 

Archived