[Official] ♔ WonSan Lovers || HanCheon ❤ SoHwa (Im Siwan • Im Yoona) ♔

bebe1989

1 hour ago, deandraluv said:

I agree.   

Remember that San was finding who ached her heart more?   Actually the answer would clearly be Won.... throughout the drama..... San cried for him more, esp.  when she witnessed the King humiliated Won.

Ah! That's true!  And @bebe1989 has that clip that they failed to show of the San sobbing at that tea party (or after the tea party) when the King humiliated Won. She can post that here later. 

But yes, after seeing all these royal tea parties, if I were San, I would be inclined NOT to attend any of them in the future. At the King's tea party: Won was humiliated. At the Queen's tea party, she was heartbroken. 

Royal tea parties = parties from hell. 

I'd rather drink wine at Won's tavern.

@angelwingssf, I think the guys from his band make fun of him often because he's the shortest of them all. He seems to be immune to it and he doesn't appear to be the type to be bullied anyway. Here, he's shown chastising his teammates with just one sentence. He's plain-spoken. 

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

When did this song play?  At the end of the tea party?  Is San saying this to Won?

The song brings together Luna's clear, melodic voice with a string arrangement, and was first introduced on the August 8 episode of 'The King Loves' during a critical ending scene between the leads - Girls' Generation's YoonA and Siwan. 

this is my second favorite among the ost in TKL. Siwan"s ost#4 is my first.

everytime i play this song i remember all wonsan moments and they seriously tugs my heart. the melody is so melancholic.

1 hour ago, deandraluv said:

I agree.   

Remember that San was finding who ached her heart more?   Actually the answer would clearly be Won.... throughout the drama..... San cried for him more, esp.  when she witnessed the King humiliated Won.

only for Won did she really cried. and after his mother died, she cried more for him. she could not even leave him all alone. she chose him over running away and be free.

1 hour ago, ZarraJae said:

@mslee You have said the exact same things I had in my mind when I read @packmule3 's post. I think it was the same time when I started to get confused about Rin's actions and questioning why he was doing things on his own and not discussing with Won first. They were BFF after all- if theirs were such a relationship where no words were needed (like in the scene where Rin understood why Won had to save San first when they were in jail), then surely two heads are better than one and they would have saved themselves all the misery, just as @packmule3 had pointed out. 

Yes, SJN has trolled us this time but I wonder. Except for the ending, she has given us a wellrounded and exceptional character such as Won- a smart, decisive and caring CP and how he met the love of his life and what he would do for the people he loves, how and why she decided to give us such a open-ended final is rather bewildering.

it was so easy to say to Won all about his concerns after all the crowned prince is HIS bestfriend. i am also at a loss what had been running on Rin's mind then.. maybe because he does not want Won to know about San then. He was acting selfishly. He knew who San is..his bestfriend's woman but he kept silent knowing her identity. as if that secret would not be revealed in time. that to me is his first betrayal concerning San.

40 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I have lost count of how many times Rin has lied or held back the truth.  At the time he asked Won to stop the marriage, why did he not tell Won that the girl his brother was going to marry was San and they found out that she was switched with the maid.  He was already aware that she was San, even before the festival.  Rin has time to ask for help from Won when he needs it, but is at a loss for words when he has to tell the truth, the entire truth and nothing but the truth.  

My take is that if he opened up and told who San was, then Rin would have to talk about the accident that happened 8 years ago and he has to bring up the issue of his brother's involvement in it and the connection to the straw hat snake man and SongIn too and hence the shame and repercussions his family members would have to face.  Rin 's nature is to push or hide the facts as long as they can and eventually end up unable to do anything.  

If you look for every event that has ended up with Won paying a price has Rin bungling up the event ; Each and Every time.  Wonder why Won would want such a person as his flagpole.  

EXACTLY! every point you made.

did Rin believed now that he knew So Hwa is San he can love her and he can covet Won's woman? his family is an accomplice to the murder and yet he hid that fact but is so brazen to feel romantic towards San. a noble and comes from the most wealthy family.

around this time..i was really annoyed with Rin.

@packmule3 i think Siwan is not insecure of his height. :lol: and yoona described him as manly! he may be short compared to others but he seems not lacking in terms of making a woman feel secure..like yoona in bts. as she had pointed out:tongue:

3 hours ago, alekaonu said:

I wonder how Siwan thinks and feels about The King Loves. Is he satisfied with the ending? Or he's just like Yoona, don't know the ending as well.

3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

The problem with SJN and the director was that they had TROLLED the audience for far too long that when SJN was finally telling the truth, the audience didn’t believe her. lol. I said so in my post in the other thread, didn’t I?  I said SJN was the girl who cried wolf, and her trolling came back to bite her in the tushy.

If SJN was in front of me during the finale of TKL, I would throw something at her. What a lousy troll-er. I'm not going to watch any of her work in future.

Well Si-wan is in the army where he cannot voice anything.  Even when the team went to meet him , I wish he and Yoona would have spoken about it .  That said, since SJN cried wolf too many times, the audience was so confused and trolled up, that it not only bit her tushy, but also Yoona made a blunder about that.  May be that is the reason why, they pulled the interview down.  

I wish she was more clear cut and the PDnim should have made Yoona stay with Im si-wan or made her comeback or something of that nature.  This not only gave an open ending but a confused ending.  

Siwan likes a girl whose eyes are the same level with him... lol so i think he sort of likes yoona. and i like how yoona calls him oppa. 

Spoiler

in interviews regarding hjh..did she also calls him oppa?

@angelwingssf didn'T we all want to throw something at SJn and the director when the drama ended?:angry:

:D

7 minutes ago, mslee said:

this is my second favorite among the ost in TKL. Siwan"s ost#4 is my first.

Mine too.  Till I hear OST#8 - Oliver ;  tugs my heart like crazy.  Seeing Won swallow his pain / tears in that episode brings tears to my eyes.  I was telling San, - it is not a good idea to make some one pain so much because it will definitely come back and bite you.  This is not a reflection on Yoona (Yoona fans).  This is called Karma coming back to bite you.  

7 minutes ago, mslee said:

everytime i play this song i remember all wonsan moments and they seriously tugs my heart. the melody is so melancholic.

I really love Im Si-wan's voice -  very soothing and has an extensive range of tonality.  

1 minute ago, mslee said:

Siwan likes a girl whose eyes are the same level with him... lol so i think he sort of likes yoona. and i like how yoona calls him oppa. 

Hide contents

in interviews regarding hjh..did she also calls him oppa?

@angelwingssf didn'T we all want to throw something at SJn and the director when the drama ended?:angry:

:D

There were more interviews with Yoona and Si-wan ;  I think she addressed HJH also Oppa sometimes  (I think!!).  We haven't thrown anything at SJN and Directory yet.  Please someone - throw in a GIF here until @angelwingssf figures out how to insert pics from her laptop.  :dissapointed:

for me the attachment between San and Won began here..

ep 2

Wonsan2.gif

love how he laid down carefully besides her. As early as this stage after meeting her 7 years later, his attraction was evident. Her status was never an issue for him. As a crowned prince he never thought that finding this girl lovable would be a mockery or something that should be regarded as ridiculous by others.

His concern was touching. She needed warmth in that cold surface inside the cave. Not thinking that his friend would be a "rival" in the unforeseen future or that he would attempt to covet his woman...
He let him lay down beside her on the other side. For him her needs was the priority and she felt cold that moment.

of course this had been discussed before but this moment was also cute and what real otp does in drama..
Wonsan3.gif
some say she thinks of him as a friend..but will you do that to your male friend? I won't!  Certainly on a lover whom i had already spent intimate moments.
 Only fated lovers have this kind of attachment..whether silly, romantic or emotional tragedy, that brings them together.

I find it odd that Rin in the last episode of the drama told San how he fell in love with her when he was 12 years old. 

Did writers forgot this scene? 
Spoiler

Wonsan4.gif

Rin was unaffected, if this moment would be the source of debate. 
They were talking about San. Won in particular was telling him about this maid who must have been forced out of the house and grew up in the mountains after her madame died. His connection with her was never cut. He carried those scars with him silently. He never had a moment where he forgot what happened. 
i did not make any screen cap on Rin [coz he left a lasting impression on me..bad that is]
Watching the scene i ask myself or even the writer and direstor..
Was this the man who professed his youthful love to San in episode 20 when he seemed to have lived lying about the truth and not worried like Won had?
Rin's face was readable. There was no reading behind his face or mask if he had wore one in this stance in front of Won.
He was not interested towards the maid. I could agree he felt sympathy though.

But Won felt empathy towards So Hwa (San) all this time. And this is the attachment or bond that is stronger than any other confession there is.

@nyeb2tosq Omo!!Welcome to this thread chinguya..glad you finally join in:) @packmule3 @mslee Funny when Rin was trying to get San away from Won for 3 times??I think..SHE STILL END UP COMING BACK TO HIS SIDE..TO HER VINE:wub: I love that grand entrance of our Crown Prince and he didn't have any idea that his going to save his girl..yeah thanks to his best-friend..

@vangsweetie637 Hugs!!I love your PP..Dr. Heo!:love:I will watch while you were sleeping later and will join you if it catches my attention as well..though I'm not a fan of Suzy in acting but I will give her a chance with this drama just like what I did to Yoona in TKL

Now let me get back to my POV...WHY I'd come to love Won and San story more than anything else

Lets start from the very beginning.......

Red Thread

What is meant to be will always find a way. Won and San is destined to meet. Won came across with Rin. Rin main purpose is for Won and San to meet. His purpose is to bind the red thread between Won and San. When Won held both hands of San..their fate begun...Won is the one who comfort her,the one who can calm her....the one who can see through her and only her

San came across with Teacher Lee..then 8 years passed...but again what is meant to be will always find a way..his purpose is for him to let Won and San meet again...same type of tree..same weather..and reenacted what happened 8 years ago..

Something special with COLOR RED...and it ALWAYS ON SAN'S DRESS

1. Blood on her Dress

2. Red cloth tied on her dress

rif7AFf.jpg

So this is the story of RED THREAD

When Won and San are together..isn't lovely to see something falling of from the sky??wether it is Snow or cherry blossom..it's like telling that their fate is already been blessed from above

3As2UbV.jpg

Why it’s Won,

I have always admire the guy that is honest. A guy that is not afraid to tell you he loves you. A guy that is not afraid to go after what he want (in the right manner – not go behind a friend back).

I love the guy that can make me laugh .. that is not like a ruler - that piece of wood or metal - use to draw lines (meaning I don't like guy that is rigid and follow the rule too much).. I like guy that bend the rule a little to enjoy life ..

I like a man that don’t take thing so serious that when you look at him all you think is problem, Won appear happy despite having the world on his shoulder, despite being the outcast!.

Being with him will make you happy… and he is someone you can count on ..

When I think about it – Won is the most selfless person among the three of them … he sacrificed his life for Rin (despite him being ‘backstabbed’). He honoured his promises, one of it is to marry Dan.

The biggest sacrifice of all is to let go the people he loves.. 

23 hours ago, mslee said:

Welcome to WonSan thread @nyeb2tosq

Most of the viewers of TKL haven't watched any Siwan drama before so they were really surprised at his acting. Yeah he is one of the few idol turned actor who can actually act. I knew the feeling...although i have watched him and knew his acting range..still he stole my attention just like you before ep 1 ended.

Thank you for the warm welcome @mslee and sorry to cut your post. He just drew me in from the get go. I actually went on to do marathon on misaeng while waiting for the next ep of the king loves. Completely fell over heels with his acting in the merciless, Im just so glad I found him :D

19 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Why it’s Won,

I have always admire the guy that is honest. A guy that is not afraid to tell you he loves you. A guy that is not afraid to go after what he want (it the right manner – not go behind a friend back).

I love the guy that can make me laugh .. that is not like a ruler (ie follow the rule).. I like man that bend the rule a little to enjoy life ..

I like a man that don’t take thing so serious that when you look at him all you think is problem, He appear happy despite having the world on his shoulder … despite being the outcast!.

When I think about it – Won is the most selfless person among the three of them … he sacrificed his life for Rin (despite him being ‘backstabbed’). He honoured his promises, one of it is to marry Dan. 

And all these that you described of Won, San was fortunate to have had those moments with him. He made her laugh or smile. She was carefree with him around not stiff..( as long as Won is keeping the.moment on friendly tone)

She felt and be reminded how to be a woman when Won repeatedly confessed she is his first. She was given more than she asked of. She knew honesty with him. She was treated as a partner not below him in terms of rank. She was his equal.

But then..how did she repay all.these kindness and love?

San may have loved Won but she also gave him heart aches. 

Yes. Won is selfless.that's why i also love his character.more than the other 2.

8 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Why it’s Won,

I have always admire the guy that is honest. A guy that is not afraid to tell you he loves you. A guy that is not afraid to go after what he want (it the right manner – not go behind a friend back).

I love the guy that can make me laugh .. that is not like a ruler (ie follow the rule).. I like man that bend the rule a little to enjoy life ..

I like a man that don’t take thing so serious that when you look at him all you think is problem, He appear happy despite having the world on his shoulder … despite being the outcast!.

Yes. One of the touching things he did was when he fought with Rin and he realized that San had been watching them, he pretended that everything was hunky-dory with him and Rin, and he smiled at her. Then she smiled back. 

@mslee, would you mind making a gif of that scene? Pretty please?? Thanks!  I can only make gifs of short clips and that smiling scene wasn't in the YT mini-clips. 

Also that scene when Won arrived at the field of pink azaleas. That part when Won and San smiled at each other. He smiled first then she would return smile. Thank YOU, @mslee!!! 

Or when she was assigned to be Teacher Lee's representative. Rin opened the door and she smiled at Won who was standing on the other end of the room.

Or in Episode 13, when she came to help Won at the palace. The guard announced that she came back and Won started running to greet her. At 32: 28, she turned her around and she smiled at Won and she introduced herself to him. 

With WonSan, it isn't just about the EYE CONTACT. It's more about their EXCHANGE OF SMILES, attentive and reassuring smiles, that occur AFTER the eye contact. Their smiles demonstrate that they're connected across distance and the mere sight of the other person makes them happy. 

13 hours ago, packmule3 said:

So there you are!  I was wondering when you were going to delurk. :)  I noticed that you liked @angelwingssf post on my wall so I was hoping you'd come out of hiding on your accord. I'm glad you did. 

I agree with you. Siwan is a great actor. I understand why he chose this role, and not some other cutesy

To me, Siwan was intense in this kdrama, and I no longer him see him as a mere "flower boy." I think he had long outgrown that role and he was ready for more depth in his acting. Sure, I would like him to appear in a light-hearted, romcom like PHS when he returns from his military service. But judging from his interviews, I don't think he’d parlay his popularity into cutesy, dreamy boyfriend roles. He appeared willing to hone himself as an actor and take on challenging, even riskier, work. More power to him! 

@packmule3 you caught me! Hahaha I have to say i was hooked on your pov of the drama. Every words/thoughts just exactly like what I was thinking and feeling. I'll write more, I'm currently rewatchingg for the 4th times hahaha and I'm more sure than before it's wonsan end game. 

Just now, mslee said:

Yes. Won is selfless.that's why i also love his character.more than the other 2.

Even though he threatened San with the 'cage' talk and what not ... it was all just an empty threat which San aware about it since day 1.  I remember some people bash his character for being the obsessed and crazy guy - but I see real Won, I know he is not crazy ... or obsessed ..  He was the most level headed character in TKL (I have to say more level headed compare to teacher lee!)

Just now, packmule3 said:

With WonSan, it isn't just about the EYE CONTACT. It's more about their EXCHANGE OF SMILES, attentive and reassuring smiles, that occur AFTER the eye contact. Their smiles demonstrate that they're connected across distance and the mere sight of the other person makes them happy. 

Did you notice that Won is constantly in San mind.  She would consider Won in all of her actions. I don't see she considering anyone else as much as she considered Won well being .... 

Won has been the number 1 in San heart - since day 1 ... 

In fact when she was with Rin - 80% of their conversation will be about Won. 

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I have lost count of how many times Rin has lied or held back the truth.  At the time he asked Won to stop the marriage, why did he not tell Won that the girl his brother was going to marry was San and they found out that she was switched with the maid.  He was already aware that she was San, even before the festival.  Rin has time to ask for help from Won when he needs it, but is at a loss for words when he has to tell the truth, the entire truth and nothing but the truth.  

My take is that if he opened up and told who San was, then Rin would have to talk about the accident that happened 8 years ago and he has to bring up the issue of his brother's involvement in it and the connection to the straw hat snake man and SongIn too and hence the shame and repercussions his family members would have to face.  Rin 's nature is to push or hide the facts as long as they can and eventually end up unable to do anything.  

If you look for every event that has ended up with Won paying a price has Rin bungling up the event ; Each and Every time.  Wonder why Won would want such a person as his flagpole.  

Tell me about this. We moms know this very well. How many times have you and @ZarraJae told your children not to sweep their problems under the carpet because it will create a ginormous dust bunny? 

Rin avoided conflict by pretending it's not there, while Won resolved conflict by thinking on his feet. They would have had a good set-up going on if they were working toward a common goal. Rin would force Won to slow down in his decision-making. In turn, Won would push Rin to confront issues head-on. However,  once they turned against each other, Won would have a definite advantage over Rin, because Won would assess and adjust to tricky situation faster. Rin is just... sigh... I'm sorry to say this... a sidekick. 

And lol, wasn't he called a sidekick by one of the "brothers" of San?

Yeah.... I don't know about Rin being a flagpole. If Won meant that he wanted Rin to be some sort of moral compass who'd point him to the right direction and prevent him from drifting off-course, then Rin would have fitted that job description BEFORE he fell for Won's girl.:lol: Frankly, if the relationship between Won and Rin had been purely business, or employer-employee, then Rin should have apprised his boss of a conflict of interest and stepped down as his "flagpole" or his adviser. 

16 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Their smiles demonstrate that they're connected across distance and the mere sight of the other person makes them happy. 

Not just their smile but their tears too...to smile and console each other..San's heart is always listening to him

jI9R5HU.jpg

They value each other..they knew what best for each other..they can understand each other

Why would a woman go with the man that is so stranger to her...???

@nyeb2tosq I adore Siwan too kekekeke fangirling..main reason why I watch TKL

And I love Siwan OST My Heart..and Oliver OST as well

@mslee the more the merrier..hope she will join this thread too

@packmule3

Take your pick. Will hide some and you unhide them.

But first why does yoona said that she fell for Rin as San coz he always saves her and protects her? She forgot these?:blink:

Spoiler

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

Her interview and script/lines is not in sync:wacko:

Here it is...

Ooppss caught in the act. Still pissed though..

8.gif

But Won is Won. Always smiling just for her..

Spoiler

9.gif

And this.. San smiling to Won

Spoiler

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

That azalea scene i thought i had it somewhere but cant find it. Will make it later..

@Kissy13 wonsan tears in the first gif above. That scene was emotional and look at Won. He broke my heart to pieces in that scene. San.. You deceived him then you say you are grateful. Why did you do that to him?:bawling:

I am so glad to see our WonSan thread has so many thoughtful posts and analysis still. I am glad we are not raving about bodyparts and feels and well babies. :):lol:

I will get around to WonSan scenes in a while but first I want to talk about Yoona's interview. I think like many who watched TKL after reading the novel thought mistakenly that San leaving, accompanied by Rin meant they were leaving together and they were the real couple. She even talked about certain scenes that were cut from the show. Clearly to make it an open ending. She really shot herself in the foot with her claim since it enraged quite a many knetz and casual viewers of the show, if the comments on Naver articles are anything to go by.:lol:

Besides, nothing in the show or the script supports her hypothesis of San loving anyone other than Won. If we study her claim, her reason for San falling for Rin seems flimsy, reaching and naive at best. She realized he saved her on the roof and so she fell for him? Pffft. When she herself acknowledged how many times Won has protected her and shielded her and saved her? By sheer quantity and quality Won deeds weigh more here.

Also, she failed to take into account that Rin very clearly distanced himself from San. He was painfully formal, and called her Agasshi instead of San-Ah like Won did. Whenever he extended his hand towards her it was fleeting and momentarily. Heck, he didn't even held her head when she was crying and clearly in need of comfort. He sat like a statue refusing to comfort her after accepting his sin of greed for her.

Besides why in the world, if they were together, would San wait around in Goryeo for Won? Is she so cruel as to make Won witness Rin and San together forever? The San I know would not do something like this. That's why I do think San went her way and Rin his. San waited for Won and when he came to know where she was, he went to her and then they left for Yuan together. Yoona should have gone with the script(like SJN wanted) than letting the novel color her perspective.

Archived