[Official] ♔ WonSan Lovers || HanCheon ❤ SoHwa (Im Siwan • Im Yoona) ♔

bebe1989

Hey hey hey! Look who's here?? It's @YourHighness .

Spoiler

Image result for internet hug gif

I put it in spoilers because it's sooooo big. 

Now, we're waiting for @moraven14 and @mslee's twitter friend to delurk. 

English?? Who cares about English? Just share with us your love for WonSan and you'll be fine.

And hahahaha. Let's trade: I want your gifs. :lol:

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally @YourHighness . is here. :D (back tap) glad you decided to post again. Wth..its only drama it should not ruin anyones' pleasure of watching and sharing pov.

It's true that if we go by San's interpretation on how she fell in love..and pointing it to that rooftop scene where she clearly said to Bi Yeon that if she asked Rin about it he would say because Won told him to protect her... Then it felt shallow. That saving scene on rooftop was not Rin's own doing. He did not trust San back then that's why he was snooping. How can it be that scene be the starting point of romance? :wacko:

I hope moraven will be here as well. And to those lurking here..just join us. This is a shipping thread..you can swoon on wonsan and at the same time post about the drama.:)

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Besides why in the world, if they were together, would San wait around in Goryeo for Won? Is she so cruel as to make Won witness Rin and San together forever? The San I know would not do something like this. That's why I do think San went her way and Rin his. San waited for Won and when he came to know where she was, he went to her and then they left for Yuan together. Yoona should have gone with the script(like SJN wanted) than letting the novel color her perspective.

Welcome back @YourHighness .

Well said - your highness.  When they left, she turned back and with tears in her eyes waved back at Won.  If she was going away and she had no feelings for Won - the one she liked, the one who opened her heart, why would she do it.  She also did not hold or help Rin -  he was limping and with a stick in hand.   -  That might be the reason that Yoona had to ask others who the end game was.  It was kept a secret ;  I wish the PD was bold enough to give a proper ending without making it into an open ending which was bleh!!    But as they say, who know who he had made deals with and had to stick to the the ending he gave us for money?  

I will take this opportunity to post again coz il be watching episode 2 of WYWS:D and will also catch up on ToL.

Maybe we should also swoon on how goodlooking SIWAN is as Won:wub:

I love moraven's fanart of wonsan but can't seem to post it here.

And this one too...

Spoiler

IMG_20170918_165124.jpg

I love this still cut.

Don't be gone too long, @mslee.  :(

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I am so glad to see our WonSan thread has so many thoughtful posts and analysis still. I am glad we are not raving about bodyparts and feels and well babies. :):lol:

I will get around to WonSan scenes in a while but first I want to talk about Yoona's interview. I think like many who watched TKL after reading the novel thought mistakenly that San leaving, accompanied by Rin meant they were leaving together and they were the real couple. She even talked about certain scenes that were cut from the show. Clearly to make it an open ending. She really shot herself in the foot with her claim since it enraged quite a many knetz and casual viewers of the show, if the comments on Naver articles are anything to go by.:lol:

Besides, nothing in the show or the script supports her hypothesis of San loving anyone other than Won. If we study her claim, her reason for San falling for Rin seems flimsy, reaching and naive at best. She realized he saved her on the roof and so she fell for him? Pffft. When she herself acknowledged how many times Won has protected her and shielded her and saved her? By sheer quantity and quality Won deeds weigh more here.

Also, she failed to take into account that Rin very clearly distanced himself from San. He was painfully formal, and called her Agasshi instead of San-Ah like Won did. Whenever he extended his hand towards her it was fleeting and momentarily. Heck, he didn't even held her head when she was crying and clearly in need of comfort. He sat like a statue refusing to comfort her after accepting his sin of greed for her.

Besides why in the world, if they were together, would San wait around in Goryeo for Won? Is she so cruel as to make Won witness Rin and San together forever? The San I know would not do something like this. That's why I do think San went her way and Rin his. San waited for Won and when he came to know where she was, he went to her and then they left for Yuan together. Yoona should have gone with the script(like SJN wanted) than letting the novel color her perspective.

I know, right? 

People were pulling out all the stops to create an impossible HEA for Rin and San. It aint gonna happen. :D Rin apologized for his behavior and recognized San as rightfully belonging with Won. Don’t tell me he was lying to his teeth again in that letter to Won? :angry:

And you raised a good point about San waiting for Won in Goryeo. Namgae, am I correct? She had a whole fleet of boats at her disposal and she’s been wanting to travel to Arabia. Why would she hang around a beach well within his reach? lol.

She was waiting for him. And since as @ZarraJae pointed out earlier that he was her "lucky pouch" who knew of her every wish even before she wished it aloud, she knew he wouldn't let her down. He'd come for her. (And the painting is the hint....lol)

Yoona herself mentioned in the interview that her character was waiting for Won to reappear. Her mistake however is not UNDERSTANDING her character in-depth.

As one of you pointed out to me, she had kept on asking others who they thought San loved. My warning bells sounded then. If she had to go around asking and looking for confirmation, then she was kept in the dark, and her perception of her role would be naturally lacking in many ways. That's why I personally didn’t give much credence to the interviews. I was told that they were pretaped before the final episodes. She wasn’t kept in the loop; she didn’t know how Episodes 19 and 20 were edited. That would explain why some of her remarks weren't on point and were confusing. 

For instance, the highlight for her was Rin's rooftop save?! hahaha. So many things happened after that. Did Yoona forget the scene when her character San told Rin that being around him was impossible because of his association with her mother's death?

San: You did nothing. What is there that you did wrong? Catching me every time I fall, coming to rescue me when I've been captured. Waiting for me when I cry. But you know...The day my mother passed away. I rode the carriage all the way home. I was holding her tightly...but she was so cold. I can't forget that coldness. So I don't think it will be possible to act like nothing happened with you by my side. 

lol. Remember those lines again, Yoona dear. :) Your character was saying it loud and clear that despite Rin's numerous rescues -- of which the rooftop scene was one -- she couldn't forget his involvement in her mother's death. Your character is CONTRADICTING what you said in the interview that she fell for him that time. It's all in the script. 

Poor gal! My gut feel is Yoona was trolled, too, by the production team. :)

Most importantly, if Won left for Yuan by himself, he would have died alone and sorrowful, like his mother who clutched a peony.

He wouldn’t have been able to say at the onset of this drama, "This is the story of me who came to love you more than myself....yes, that's right. This is the story of me who came to love you more than myself." He was speaking to his lover face to face whom he addressed as “noreul.” Had he been SABOTAGED by his “only friend” and betrayed by his “only woman,” he wouldn’t be able to delude himself in that voiceover.

In his typical sarcastic and blunt way, he would have censured them both, like he did with Rin when Rin asked permission to marry San. Won would have said, “This is the story of stupid me who had one so-called friend who deceived me, and one tramp of a lover who eloped with him. I wish I never knew them. I loved them and I abandoned everything for their sake. And yet they wield their sword at my back. I hope they rot in whatever hellhole they are now.” :lol:

By the way, @Bambiina, when you say that Rin backstabbed Won, you’re not being harsh. You’re actually quoting Won from that confrontation after his wedding.  The subs said, “wield your sword at my back.” It’s just a fancy way of saying “backstab.”  

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

Poor gal! My gut feel is Yoona was trolled, too, by the production team. :)

I think that is what happened.  She did not realize it and after giving her interview, she must have been flabbergasted with questions and the interview was pulled down.  But with the internet, and social media once you post something, it has a life of its own.  

2017-07-03_08-25-54-800x800.jpg

This is my favorite picture of all with Won smiling.  

20346820_105183643498220_307266673652950

Enjoy reading your awesome posts!!!  Keep them coming!!

I just re-watched episode 1-6 and to my surprise I found things I didn't pay much attention before.

-When San was entering the cave, Won told Rin that he recognised who San was. While Rin was still bewildered and wondering, Won had figured her out. Indeed, Won had always been one step ahead of Rin.  (Even Rin admitted it).

-San gave out the snowy dew wine to Won.  Actually she wanted to be the one gave the wine because she loved the game so much, but she gave it to Won so he could have an audience with teacher Lee.

-San said that Won always gave her things even before she wished for.  It was evident in the beginning when San was on the way to the capital city, Won put his men to care for her.  When San was running out of water, there was a man who gave her the water for free.  When San was followed by some men, Won's guards protected her.  When she was hungry, there were steamed buns for her to buy.  (Actually the one who sold the buns was Won's general or chief guard).  Won just watched San eating the buns happily from afar.

-When San came to Won, she directly drank from Won's cup.  She was very comfortable with him.

-I don't know why I got teary when watching the scene of their convo in the travern.

Won:  Do you remember me?

San: Always remembering and grateful, I have been.

Won: Then why did you feign ignorance of me?

San:  Helping you today was the repayment of the snow dew wine this morning was the interest payment on it.  With those, the calculations are cleared between us.  We shall not meet again.  If we do, I may kill you.  

(Won's words moved her and me:cry:  I teared up when I saw this scene):  My very birth was a crime.  If you kill me, there should be many people who shed tears of joy.  I always keep these thoughts.  If it's for them, wouldn't it my dying be best?  (He cared for the people of his country).  If I die, there is only one person in the entire land who would cry for me.

San:  The friend you were with?

Won: I haven't been able to die, fearing he might cry (this shows how close Won and Rin were) But when the time comes that I made the judgement that I really must die, I will seek your favor on it.  

San: What are you talking about?

Won:  Since I don't believe I'd be too mad if I die by your hand.  The authority to kill me whenever.  I now give you that.  In that case for that, I will continue to seeing.

(Is this the scene that San later pointed out in episode 19 that it was Won's mistake when he waited for her in the tavern?)

(Won got sad and pissed off because he thought he was not important to San that she gave the right to the dog) But then, San explained: I threw it out because I might give it away again.  You cannot give something like that away.  The right to kill you, you cannot die according you own will, okay?

You are right when you say that Rin had been hiding the truths from Won.  When won wanted to go to Minister Eun's house:

R: Are you going to visit her if know where she is?

Won:  I can visit here or call her over.

R:  Do not do it

Won:  Why not?

R:  We cannot be sure of her identity (I went..... Whattttt??? Rin had known who San was)

(Won ended up assigning Rin to find out more about San)

Won: Don't get too close, though.

Ep. 6

When San carelessly spilled the hot tea and Won grabbed the hot teapot, San actually held Won's hand.  She looked flustered and felt uncomfortable because Dan witnessed their closeness.  There was one shot of San's hand when San grabbed the cloth more quickly than Rin's.  San's response was quicker than Rin's who had been his best friend for many years.  

I find it interesting to re-watch TKL in the new light.  It is sweet to see San start liking Won so much as she later confessed.:wub:

9 hours ago, mslee said:

I find it odd that Rin in the last episode of the drama told San how he fell in love with her when he was 12 years old. 

Did writers forgot this scene? 

Rin was unaffected, if this moment would be the source of debate. 
They were talking about San. Won in particular was telling him about this maid who must have been forced out of the house and grew up in the mountains after her madame died. His connection with her was never cut. He carried those scars with him silently. He never had a moment where he forgot what happened. 
i did not make any screen cap on Rin [coz he left a lasting impression on me..bad that is]
Watching the scene i ask myself or even the writer and direstor..
Was this the man who professed his youthful love to San in episode 20 when he seemed to have lived lying about the truth and not worried like Won had?
Rin's face was readable. There was no reading behind his face or mask if he had wore one in this stance in front of Won.
He was not interested towards the maid. I could agree he felt sympathy though.

But Won felt empathy towards So Hwa (San) all this time. And this is the attachment or bond that is stronger than any other confession there is.

Wonsan4.gif

A lot of the things that Rin did contradict what he said to San in the hut that he fell in love with her when he was 12 years old. But I don’t think the writers forgot. :)

I think Rin’s confusion has something to do with his understanding of love and friendship. He said it in his voiceover in Episode 2 and he would repeat it later. I’ve forgotten when but if you remember, tell me out here, okay?

Rin’s voiceover goes like this: 

I first met him at age 12. He was by himself. 
Flashback of their first meeting at the falcon incident. Then market scene where Won commanded him to call him by his first name. 
Flashback to a day with his father. His father says, "He is a lonely person. Treat him as a friend. But don’t try to become his friend. The Crown Prince is to become a King, who cannot have friends." 
I didn’t understand my father’s words back then. How could one give just a portion of one’s heart?

Then the camera fades out and we see Rin dangling on the wooden bridge as he stares up at Won and San entangled together on the ground. 

Later the voiceover will continue: 

I saw her first. The kid was crying. I saw her first. I wanted to hold her hand first.

My interpretation here is Rin did fall in love with her at 12 years old. :)

However, he had ALSO already given up his heart to his good friend Won. You see, he failed to heed his father’s warning to TREAT Won as a friend (meaning kindly, fairly, and protectively). He should have listened when his father said that he could never BECOME Won's friend as Won was destined to be King.

Of course there could be many interpretations here, but to me, the father was telling Rin to reserve only a portion of his heart for Won because there’d come a time when he’d need his whole heart for something or somebody else.  

But he didn’t understand his father’s words of wisdom when he and Won met San for the second time. 

From his voiceover, he didn’t foresee that his 100% loyalty and friendship for Won back then would eventually cost him his heart. 

For example, San asked him why he never spoke informally to her from the beginning even when she was a lowly servant. He replied, “Because you were the woman my master embraced in his heart. Because it was like that since the beginning.” That was him being a 100% loyal friend to Won.

And he regretted that response. In Episode 12, while waiting in the rooftops, he told Won’s bodyguard, “I kept looking back on the past. I don’t recall a time where I have ever done that in my life, but I keep looking back. How I shouldn’t have replied that way back then. (flashback of the scene in the tavern) How I shouldn’t have…let her go back then. (flashback of the scene when she was supposed to reveal her identity) I think of her all the time. And each time, it feels like I’ve tripped and fallen."

To me, it dawned on him why he should have just allocated only portion of his heart to Won, and held back the rest. 

Because there would come a time when he would needed it back to find his own happiness.

Because there would come a time when he would see Won as a rival for a girl. 

Because there would come a time when he would love a girl.

To me, his voiceover expressed his regrets. True: he had seen her first. True: he wanted to hold her hand first. But in the end, he was still essentially talking about the "one that got away." :)

8 minutes ago, deandraluv said:

When San carelessly spilled the hot tea and Wong grabbed the hot teapot, San actually held Won's hand.  She looked flustered and felt uncomfortable because Dan witnessed their closeness.  There was one shot of San's hand when San grabbed the cloth more quickly than Rin's.  San's response was quicker than Rin's who had been his best friend for many years.  

I really loved this part - the duality of Won and Rin and the comfortable closeness or Won and San ; San was so comfortable with Won that she called him an idiot for holding the hot tea pot and burning his hand. 

10 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

There were more interviews with Yoona and Si-wan ;  I think she addressed HJH also Oppa sometimes  (I think!!).  We haven't thrown anything at SJN and Directory yet.  Please someone - throw in a GIF here until @angelwingssf figures out how to insert pics from her laptop.  :dissapointed:

Here you can THROW these at them...  Enjoy! :D

Spoiler

SHADES!!!!!

Image result for shades

You throw one. I'll throw the next one.

Image result for throw some shades gif

This is how you copy gifs:

You google the gif you want. With your mouse, right click on the gif. Then scroll down to "copy" and right click again. 

Then go to your comment box here on soompi.  Right-click again. then scroll down to "paste."

But creating gifs is more complicated tutorial for me. :tongue:

@mslee, thanks for the bonanza of gifs. lol.

8.gif

I love this small scene. 

He was embarrassed. Won reminded me of a little boy whose hand was caught in the cookie jar. He looked embarrassed that she’d seen fighting with Rin. He wanted her to think that everything was okay, and that he was okay even though he had a bloodied lip.

There was nothing to see here. So he grinned to reassure her, and to gloss over the situation. 

9.gif

She was saddened. She could guess what they were fighting about. The day before, Won was expressing his frustration that Rin was hiding from him but he said that he would wait for Rin to show up. On her own volition, she had asked him if she could STAY by his side, and she had given him her mother’s ring.  Then later that evening, SongIn had her kidnapped to invite her to join a movement against Won. She was told that Won was the public enemy number 1. 

So she gazed at Won and understood that, despite the enormous weight on his shoulders, he was pretending to be happy for her sake. The sight of him tugged at her heartstring. So she smiled at him to reassure him. She too pretended that she was seeing nothing wrong. 

Her eyes were on him the whole time; it was his smile that she was responding to.  

On 9/29/2017 at 9:58 AM, packmule3 said:

Her eyes were on him the whole time; it was his smile that she was responding to.  

And his eyes were on her the whole time...

-ctto-from wonsan twitter account

2v4WO1.gif

I just love the way he gazed at her..looking into her...that gaze makes me emotional again:bawling:Lovely!!

Very telling..I should look at her to my hearts content..San ah..

I just found out that he focused on her lips as well...I just don't like how Won being so gentleman to San in this scene..and the third wheeler on this travel...kekeke

@mslee Won is really charming..

Find it amusing that even in the army..Won is always amazing!!

Im Siwan achieved outstanding scores in all categories including shooting and strength and reached the status of a special class soldier in just two months after enlisting, which is highly unusual.

Guys you should watch The Merciless Movie too..if you want to see a darker Won..then you should watch this movie..pali pali

15 minutes ago, Kissy13 said:

Im Siwan achieved outstanding scores in all categories including shooting and strength and reached the status of a special class soldier in just two months after enlisting, which is highly unusual.

I guess Im Siwan must be a perfectionist to be able to do so well in the army. Wow...he achieved outstanding scores in all categories? Amazing!

11 hours ago, deandraluv said:

Enjoy reading your awesome posts!!!  Keep them coming!!

I find it interesting to re-watch TKL in the new light.  It is sweet to see San start liking Won so much as she later confessed.:wub:

Isn't it thrilling to wake up and read so many good insights on the drama which you otherwise would have missed?!!  And yes, it is sweet to rewatch TKL from the start and get to see where exactly San started liking Won. She wasn't at all indifferent to him. Won definitely riled her from the start because of his overbearing ways. He didn't exactly endeared himself to her when he stole the ball from her and then underestimated her skills at field hockey just because she was a girl. But she wasn't exactly Miss Congeniality herself. She was very prickly. 

And this is provocative.

Wonsan3.gif

credit: @mslee

11 hours ago, deandraluv said:

Ep. 6

When San carelessly spilled the hot tea and Won grabbed the hot teapot, San actually held Won's hand.  She looked flustered and felt uncomfortable because Dan witnessed their closeness.  There was one shot of San's hand when San grabbed the cloth more quickly than Rin's.  San's response was quicker than Rin's who had been his best friend for many years.  

Here's the gif for that one. 

1wsfra.gif

If I were Dan I would have been very suspicious of the antics of these two. Just a few moments ago, it was Won bugging San.

1wsfwe.gif

But he was quick to react to her clumsiness. He had been keeping an eye on her moves, you see. 

1wsg08.gif

BTW, this wasn't the only time he would watch out that she didn't burn herself. He also did it at the tavern in Episode 4 when she was getting drunk. lol.  Do you remember this scene? 

Spoiler

AnNZa2H.jpg

That's what I like about Won. He does things for her without FANFARE. Although he doesn't do midnight rooftop rescues (ha!), he's the real deal. 

@mslee, what dramasite do you use to generate the gifs? viki and dramafever won't let me upload their videos onto the gif sites. :(

I made gifs for the azalea scene but I'm putting up the YT video where it came from, here, for future reference. 

Notice that? She saw them approaching but she waited for Won to smile.

1wshkh.gif

He smiled so she smiled back in answer. She knew then that his mission was a success.

1wshpc.gif

lol. It was never Rin. :lol: So much for that "eye contact" rhapsodies. All along, it was Won whom she was attuned to. Won's moods, reactions, and happiness. 

BTW, two things:

1. Pay attention to Won's voiceover here.  I knew from the moment I saw that smile. To have her, I would abandon everything.

2. And did you ever wonder why there were TWO reunion scenes here? :lol: The one in the forest and then the other one in the azalea field. What was that all about? Do you think the director couldn't make up his mind which reunion scene he wanted? lol. What do YOU think, ladies? 

1wsiuy.gif

1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

I guess Im Siwan must be a perfectionist to be able to do so well in the army. Wow...he achieved outstanding scores in all categories? Amazing!

I think he is born in the year of the dragon.  So cannot expect anything less.  Many asians wait for the year of the dragon to get pregnant so that their children can be amazing.  

@packmule3 hi i download from dramafire. I also downloaded gif maker:D so its easier. 

About Siwan i think i already shared via pm that during the merciless interview he was being teased by his seniors about him calling the pdnim even at home just to discuss his scenes and acting. In short he was being "annoying" and a perfectionist :lol: but it paid off he was invited at an international film festival i think in paris.

He also is a native from Busan and actors or idols coming from Busan has an image of a masculine type of man. Hmmm:rolleyes:

As for the azalea field this is my fave

19.gif

If she likes Rin she would not do this in front of him in reality a girl teases the one she likes..right? And she loves teasing won.:wub:

And this one

Spoiler

4.gif

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Isn't it thrilling to wake up and read so many good insights on the drama which you otherwise would have missed?!!  And yes, it is sweet to rewatch TKL from the start and get to see where exactly San started liking Won. She wasn't at all indifferent to him. Won definitely riled her from the start because of his overbearing ways. He didn't exactly endeared himself to her when he stole the ball from her and then underestimated her skills at field hockey just because she was a girl. But she wasn't exactly Miss Congeniality herself. She was very prickly. 

Yes.... It is fun to pick up the many clues San gave that she liked Won so much...... 

Thanks for the gifs!!!  

15 hours ago, mslee said:

If she likes Rin she would not do this in front of him in reality a girl teases the one she likes..right? And she loves teasing won.:wub:

Good point chingu!!:thumbsup:

And wouldn't give something precious to her..THAT MOONSTONE RING..and makes promises to him..to stay by his side until he reveals his identity to him..but after she discovered Won as the crown prince..did she leave him??NO..she stays until the end 

VPpQ6X.gif

@packmule3 already provided us a meaningful post about this scene

@packmule3Yoona messed up and I think the PD or the Production house had the article removed but the fans had already read and copied it which spread like wild fire. Hence the misunderstanding of Rin and San ending up together. Poor Yoona. I wish the writer had made it clear to her that San actually liked Won. I mean what kind of red thread of fate of "friendship" needs a kiss to break? :lol: Oh Yoona, you poor thing.

Another thing, Yoona herself admitted that she was waiting for Won to come to her. Rin was supposed to be dead as a traitor who committed the highest treason. During that time, there's just so much a person can do to hide their identity. Would it have been really possible for Rin to be with WonSan and not be recognized and captured? Not just him but even Won would have come under fire for knowing Rin was alive and being with him. Would Rin have really risked being with WonSan when the stakes were so high? San too was a well known person all throughout Goryeo, being with her was bound to oust Rin's identity. It's just simple logic that he could not and wouldnot be with WonSan.

This is something I would have loved to share on the MT but well..it's a real pity...

Anyway,

I would like to point out something else for our WonSan.

Won ALWAYS, ALWAYS walks parallel and with San. WITH her. Even when Won proposed San to run away with her and roam the world, he was walking with her as she was trying to find him. He is always besides her. I think that's beautiful.

Another thing, Won respects San's abilities. He never doubts her or treats her like a little wilting flower. He sends bodyguards as added protection but instructs them to hang back until she needs them. He trusts her to take care of herself first and foremost. I love that in him. Rin though always underestimated her and her abilities. For example when he took the war horse to get San to the dance party. He asked her not to gallop on it. He treated her like he treats Dan.:rolleyes:

One more thing about our Won. He gives freedom to San to do whatever she wants. She wants to drink, she can. She wants to dance, she can. She wants something from him. He will grant her anything. Rin thought always tried to reign her freedom. Don't drink that. Don't go out. Don't say that. Don't meet him. Don't go there.<_<

Is there still a question on which guy would any sane headstrong girl like San choose?

At first, I was reluctant to start re-watching TKL.  I was reluctant to see how San 'fell in love with Rin' as Yoona mentioned in her interview.  But I wanted to prove otherwise.  I want to prove how it was written as San came to like Won so much. Re -watching TKL continues to amaze me how obvious San showed her liking and feelings towards Won from ep 7-14. Those clues are beyond male-female friendship. Let me to list a few of them:

-Bi Yeon asked her why San lost track of the man she was chasing and San answered,"It was because the man.  Someone who loves to give things"  I think this is what San meant when she talked about the New Year's pouch, Won who always gave even before she wished for.  That is what Won meant to her.

Ep. 10

-While keeping watch over the salt merchant, San was flustered when she recalled what they did the night before.  They were in each other's embrace.  She became even more flustered when Won held her hand on the table.  When Won stood up and left,  San was looking at the hand Won held.  

-I really love the tavern scene when Won and San followed the salt merchant.  San was blabbering about the man who saved her and Won didn't like that.  I think, partly it was because Won took part in saving her a couple of times and he didn't get acknowledged.  When Won asked how she could speak of someone else in his presence, San noticed Won's sad eyes.  He closed the curtain between them.  Then San opened it and said this while looking at him in the eye, "It is not easy for me to think of something else in front you.  You make me feel uncomfortable, anxious, and distracted"  Won was stunned, he didn't expect San would say that to him.  She left and felt embarrassed.  (I think it was kind of confession to Won.  We could see the sudden change of mood.  When San talked about the man who saved her, she was cheerful and after she said to Won that he made her uncomfortable, anxious and distracted, her facial expression changed.) Why did she have to tell him and denied that it was not easy for her to speak of something else in front of him if she only regarded Won as a friend? She could have brushed it off.  Won felt happy, he let her go while looking at her back smiling.  I love this scene and kept repeating it a couple of times.

Ep. 11:

-San and her father misunderstood the situation why Rin was in jail.  They thought that Rin was put in jail because he confessed he was at fault and not San's and the authority released San and put Rin in jail instead.  San didn't know that she was set free because Won knelt and begged outside the king's chamber and he could only release one of them.  She thought Rin was jailed and sacrificed himself because of her and for her sake.  San and her father felt indebted to Rin.  She didn't know what Won had gone through in order to release her from prison.  Her father thought it was because of Rin and the bribes he ordered.  They didn't know that it was Won who was framed and whom the enemies were after.  But I think in later episode, San realised that it was Won who had saved her many times.  SAn and her father should feel indebted to Won instead.

Ep. 14:

-After the dance party, San said goodbye to both Won and Rin.  She said, "Do not trip however slippery it is"  Rin would not have known what she meant by that.  It was Won's line only known to her.  

-I find there is an interesting scene.  Rin was asked by his father whether he wanted to marry San instead of his brother, Jeon.  He didn't answer because he recalled the conversation he had with San earlier when San expressed her sadness and concerns towards Won so much that Rin asked in his heart,"What about me?".  IMO, Rin was unable to proceed in marrying San because he was not sure that he was the one in San's heart.  At that moment he might have thought San loved Won.  He also remembered what Won asked for San as the woman he loved.  

-The reason that San decided to wear the mask all her life was for Won.  San didn't want to let him know where and how she was living.  She said that Won couldn't hold himself if he found out.  She didn't want to hurt Won whom she cared so much.

-On the supposed wedding day, Bi Yeon brought a tray of hairpins, San picked the bird hairpin Won gave and sadly looking at it. Bi Yeon and San had a conversation while San was sitting at the makeup vanity:

BY: Are you going to use that too?

San:  No.  This is not for me to use.  It is something that I hide away. (as she hid it under her wedding robe).  

We know then that  she lied when she said that she brought it along with her because she wanted to return it to Won.  She liked to carry it along with her.

Sorry for the long post.  I  am just  amazed and excited as I pick up the clues here and there from each episode.

Archived