[Official] ♔ WonSan Lovers || HanCheon ❤ SoHwa (Im Siwan • Im Yoona) ♔

bebe1989

Excerpt from

@Bambiina 

Those that do not know about Yoona interview – will consider what they understand from the drama … They will draw their own conclusion without Yoona influencing their judgement – Just like my sister (she don’t follow forum or Kentertaiment world).

Why Yoona has to explain? .. Why there was she confused as to who San really love? …

Why not San did not make it clear to Rin until the end and stop all speculation? Why no absolute ending?

The ending was made such a way because SJN want people to continue debate … to choose whatever ending that suit them. Why do we have limit ourselves to one possible ending and the rest is just ‘fanfiction’?.

Just like my sister who also do not follow knews ent. She has her own conclusion and she said it was open ended with no rinsan endgame. And then i have to explain yoonA's interview and she was confused why prod team did that. Why staff had also differing views on who San loves. 

So yes i agree that it was left for viewers to debate, argue and draw their own conclusion but considering the additional monologue at the end if the story. It did not end when rin and san left side by side. The story continues until Won reigns and steped down and came back.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so glad that we have this thread:heart: @bebe1989 thanks chinguya for creating this WonSan tavern @packmule3 brilliant..your post is always detailed and brilliant!!!:heart: @Bambiina I was also asking my colleagues and my mother whose San's love?..and they said it was WON AND WON ONLY..She did leave him but in my POV and their POV..She left her heart to him

San is Won's Falcon. She sets her free but the Falcon choose to stay.Near him and waiting for him.Why???Coz he thought she left for a far away place but she's still in Goryeo.And no evidence that she live with Rin.They left together but didn't live together.I think I won't elaborate on that anymore hence it was discussed by one of the chingu here on this thread.And believe that Won and San did meet.Why?Coz his telling his story with the person in front of him.His sentence "This is the story of me,who came to LOVE YOU more than myself."His addressing that sentence to the person sitting in front or beside him.:wink:

2 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Why Yoona has to explain? .. Why did she say she was confused (at first) as to who San really love? …

Why San did not make it clear to Rin until the end and stop all speculation? Why no absolute ending?

The ending was made such a way because SJN want people to continue to debate … to choose whatever ending that suit them.

Annyeong chingu, I agree with you on the above. Even Yoona was not sure whom San supposed to love. She even thought that the OTP will be Won and San but in the end she said the OTP is to follow the book's OTP. I guess that's why in the drama, we never really see San's love feelings for Rin. If I don't know about the book's ending, I would have thought she loves Won from the way she behaved around him and her hugs.

43 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Thank you for making this thread @bebe1989 where we can finally voice out our views freely without...well you know. :lol:

@packmule3 and @Bambiina 

I am a bit busy but I will get back with some points of my own about the show and WonSan. Also Yoona's POV.

Welcome back!:lol:

Will be waiting for your own post. 

San to Won:

I couldn't help it, but I started liking you since then. You kept giving me something that I have never received in my life. Who is this person? Is he like a New Year's lucky pouch? He gives it to me even before I even made a wish.

5vcyR5b.jpg

P.S Forgive me for my amatuer-ish photo editing. My first attempt . :D But what San said to Won that night was so true- he was always there for her, whether in person or not.  He understood her like no other.

Episode 1 - wonsan connection

1.9.gif
Years passed but the connection he made with her remains. When their paths crossed it took only a matter of minutes until he remembered everything he knew about her. From that far away first meeting, eyes swollen with tears, he realized this woman in front of him is the same girl from those memories.
1.5.gif

And it was not a surprise that even after these years, that comfortable feeling he had with her is the same. She knew him. She recognized him. That boy was this man in front of her.
Spoiler

1.7.gif

Perhaps the thread of fate from that long ago pulled them together in this one moment, in this place for a chance to meet again. Like gravity..they are destined to see each other. :wub:

5 hours ago, ZarraJae said:

San to Won:

I couldn't help it, but I started liking you since then. You kept giving me something that I have never received in my life. Who is this person? Is he like a New Year's lucky pouch? He gives it to me even before I even made a wish.

Is this the closest translation?  Wow!   

What do you guys think  'something' that Won always gave and she had never received in her life?   Something he gave before she even made a wish..... 

That shows once again how well Won knew San.... 

11 hours ago, mslee said:

Is this the right scene? @packmule3

n2.gif

Yes, that's the one!  Thank you!

It's actually longer than this gif. He couldn't meet his father's eyes and then he looked down then looked up again.  But this gif is good enough for our purposes.

I didn't know that your sub had, "Say that to your brother."  IIRC my viki subbed it as "Tell that to your younger brother."  

I guess if the script had been explicit with "Say that to your SHORTER brother" :lol: then the reference to Won would have been crystal clear.   The Father was looking at Rin because they were talking about Rin's bigGER issue. 

Jeon is just a patsy; Won could have easily dealt with him. But Rin's betrayal blindsided Won because Won considered him his best friend. If my sons were watching this kdrama and they saw they saw Rin's actions on the bridge, they would call it a "D*ck Move," which means a stupid and selfish STUNT which violates the boy code and warrants a solid punch to the solar plexus of that quote/unquote friend. It's funny how we women skirt around the issue and euphemize it with words like "backstabbing" or "disloyalty."  But my guys would be blunt, and call a spade a spade. 

For me, that scene when Won met Rin after the bridge encounter showed Won's remarkable forbearance but misplaced trust for his friend. 

He greeted Rin first, "Why are you here? You didn't even come to your sister's wedding (not to mention his best friend's wedding) so I though you had already left."  Won just wanted him out of sight but a lesser man would have wanted to punch him. "Circuit Commissioner. When did you receive your order? Shouldn't you have arrived in Jeolla already by now?" But when Rin couldn't take a hint, Won resorted to his sarcastic ways, "You're daring to obstruct the crown prince's path right now." And to head off an ugly confrontation, he terminated the conversation with "Do you wish to be dragged out now?" 

But of course Rin hounded him inside. "Please grant me your permission. Lady San and I plan to get married. The elders of the families had already agreed on it."

Won: Eun San only just lost her father a few days ago. 

Rin: I plan to be in mourning with her as a married couple. 
Won: I won’t allow it. 
Rin: Please grant it. Have your crown princess on your right, and have the Wang Rin husband and wife to your left.

**Let's interrupt this for a facepalm gif. @YourHighness . and @angelwingssf can explain BETTER and more succinctly why Rin's remark deserves a collective facepalm. 

Image result for double facepalm gif

Rin continues, "So that the people of the world can have nothing to say."

Won: Wang Rin husband and wife?

**What must have been running in Won's head? :crazy: There are so many reaction gifs to choose from, I don't know where to start. 

Rin: Are you even aware of it? What people are saying? 
Won: I know everything you already know. You should know that too by now.

**I love his response there because I can totally identify with it. That's how I feel when I’m talking to slow-tops. “Uhmmm… Are you this clueless to think I’m clueless like you? :lol:

Rin: They’re saying that Your Highness, in order to have a woman and that woman’s assets, he’s even committed murder. 
Won: So THAT’s the only excuse you could come up with? That you’re going to have EunSan all for my sake?”

**What Won was saying here is: Boy, I can see through you. And you should come up with a better excuse than THAT. You’re saying that you’re stealing MY girl for MY own good, and that you’re doing this betrayal out of altruism and brotherhood. Pull the other leg, wilya? 

What Rin was doing here was “rationalizing” his behavior. Rationalization. He was justifying his unacceptable behavior and his latent “greed and lust” for Won’s woman by giving an alternate “selfless” and political reason. But Won could see through it, of course.

Rin: That lady…please let her go. 

Won: EunSan has been named a special officer of the prefecture to carry out her late father’s work. So she must stay by my side to carry out of my orders. She’s my subordinate so she can’t go anywhere. 

**What Won was saying here is this: There! If you’re concerned that people are calling me murderer just to get this girl’s assets, I’ve already taken care of that. I’m one step ahead of you, as usual. You don’t have to take her anywhere if you’re only REALLY worried about my reputation. She has a legal and binding document which allows her to stay.

And the rest... @Kissy13 can handle the explanation. Didn't you write about it in the MT, dear? I liked what you wrote there. 

:)

6 hours ago, ZarraJae said:

San to Won:

P.S Forgive me for my amatuer-ish photo editing. My first attempt . :D But what San said to Won that night was so true- he was always there for her, whether in person or not.  He understood her like no other.

5vcyR5b.jpg

hahaha. Good job!  Yes, I learned how to do all those cropping and photo-editing because of soompi, too. Welcome to shipper's world!

Edited to add this: I remember that scene in Episode 2 when he was walking beside her and she didn’t know it. She was munching on her dumpling, happy as a beaver, but there was he was, worrying if that was enough food and whether he set up another food station. He’s such a worrywart!!!  :D But I thought, yeah… that’s a good man to have around.  

But you have to explain what this New Year lucky pouch is all about. I only have a vague idea.  Does the pouch contain money? Treats? Is it like our Christmas stocking?  Or the gold coins we dole out to children on St Patrick's Day? 

We don’t have much tradition for New Year’s Eve. We kiss at midnight to celebrate the New Year and, I guess, to ensure that we’ll still be kissing throughout the year. We make loud noises (i.e., pop champagne) supposedly to scare away the devil who’s afraid of loud noises…but I doubt the younger generation believe in this superstition. I wear glittery and sparkly stuff, more to add to the festivities, and not to invoke the god of money. But that's about it. 

So what’s inside this pouch? Have I been missing out on gifts?? :lol:

25 minutes ago, mslee said:

@packmule3 about that facepalm rin moment..

Im not good at explaining but can i say

Hide contents

He was arrogant.. Presumptuous ..brazen?:tongue: coz that was how i felt he was watching that.scene.

Is this bashing a character? Oh no..:fearful::rolleyes:

I wasn't expecting that a day would come when a Britney Spears gif would come in handy to explain my feelings. 

As a viewer, I thought it was "huh?? What are you saying?!" moment.  But if I were Won, I would be biting my tongue before I said a few choice words. 

Image result for huh gif

Anyway... 

This scene:

1.5.gif

I like it too because of the tempo. I like how their rhythm was already in sync. They had snappy conversations.

Hey!
What? 
You.
Why?
Don’t you know me?
What a load of c.ra.p! 

But if I were San, I would be suspicious of him, too. It’s like a cheesy pick-up line from a bar. "Don't you know me?" 

But if San were my niece and somebody asked her, “Don’t you know me?” she would probably reply, “Do I look like Google? No. I don’t know you." :crazy:

But the other reason I like this scene is interesting to watch how San started out strong and assertive. But later on, when she fell for Won, she became easily flustered and distracted.

See here? Even SHE knew that she wasn't usually fidgety and klutzy. Her excuse that she was tired was lame, too, Of course, both knew it. @bebe1989 likes this scene, and I did, too. 

GIF

Thanks for the gifs!

15 minutes ago, mslee said:

@packmule3 about that facepalm rin moment..

Im not good at explaining but can i say

Hide contents

He was arrogant.. Presumptuous ..brazen?:tongue: coz that was how i felt he was watching that.scene.

Is this bashing a character? Oh no..:fearful::rolleyes:

I don't think it is bashing.  It was not just what you have explained.  I would have said, he was being stupid thinking that he could outsmart Won who (Rin also knew ) is hiding his true intellectual self.  Even the King knew how smart Won was.  But I find it disheartening to see a father abuse a child in that manner instead of being proud.  

For Rin to behave in that manner, you need to look at the sequence of events that happened.  

1. He was trying to get away with San.  San kind of didn't warm up to it.  The reason he was doing it was that the elders had agreed.  He thought that was good enough.  

2.  He got captured and then came to meet Dan who by this time had already met San and asked her to stay away from the crown prince.

3.  Dan cried about San being close to the crown prince.  She wanted her gone.  

4.  He wanted Won to feel angry and disgusted seeing him lay one on the girl Won has been in love with and the girl also talking about Won and the thread of fate.  He wanted to break that connection for him, Dan and San to a lesser extent.  Family was important for Rin and hence Dan always outweighed San; 

After doing all that, instead of attending the wedding he was waiting for him to get permission from Won since he is already married and he thought after seeing him and San on the bridge he would be angry enough to give them the get go.   This was also a way for Dan to be with Won as his mate (even though he knew Won was marrying her for his sake).  Truly atrocious.  

Sometimes I cannot understand how Rin and Jeon, Daddy Wang and even Dan could be from royalty?  All three act like idiots more times than I can count.  Probably it is the greed that is in them that they are superior and royalty that makes them think so.  When won questioned Rin and said that he would have Dan (Wang family support) and Lin couple (Wang and Eun family support) - Won must have been angry enough to have the guards capture him and put him away.  Why would someone - anyone agree to something like that.  Stupidity at its helm.   I don't think he even bought an ounce of Rin's argument.  But getting that permission would be like doing something good for Dan (his crying baby sister).

Since Won is always one step ahead, he knew about San and what she might be doing after her father's death.  That was the reason he had his mother sign off on the document.  He knew it didn't matter what people said, since he was going to uncover the truth.  (from Rin's statement with his father when Won started to investigate San's mother's murder).  And the truth did come out and San found out that it was not the Queen who killed her father.  

I have to learn how to add the gifs and pics and stuff on Soompi.  

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

But you have to explain what this New Year lucky pouch is all about. I only have a vague idea.  Does the pouch contain money? Treats? Is it like our Christmas stocking?  Or the gold coins we dole out to children on St Patrick's Day? 

We don’t have much tradition for New Year’s Eve. We kiss at midnight to celebrate the New Year and, I guess, to ensure that we’ll still be kissing throughout the year. We make loud noises (i.e., pop champagne) supposedly to scare away the devil who’s afraid of loud noises…but I doubt the younger generation believe in this superstition. I wear glittery and sparkly stuff, more to add to the festivities, and not to invoke the god of money. But that's about it. 

So what’s inside this pouch? Have I been missing out on gifts?? :lol:

Sorry, I was too excited to show you girls my "handy work" and took it for granted that everyone would know. 

Briefly, Koreans celebrated the New Year on the same day the Chinese celebrate the Lunar New Year. They call it "Seollal" and like we see in many korean dramas,  they  will dress in their new hanboks and have a feast with with family and friends on the first day of the New Year. There is a ritual of filial piety, known as Sebae where the younger family members will bow to the elders and wish them a happy and prosperous new year. In return, the elders will give them blessings and  sebaedon or pocket money wrapped in traditional silk bags with embroidery, known as bokjumeoni.  The Chinese also practise the same custom and  the pocket money is better known as the red packet or hongpao. Regardless of age, one is always happy to receive a sebaedon because it is a blessing, it brings  good luck and fortune and is believed to ward off evil spirits. It's like getting presents in the form of money on Christmas Day.:D

To San, Won is very much like the lucky pouch , just like she says, He gives it to me even before I even made a wish. Many times, Won does things for her, sometimes without her even knowing - like the time he instructed his man to help ease her journey home in the earlier episode - his men gave San water, meat buns and even hint at where to get fine, quality wine, all without her knowledge. He even made sure that she had something nice to wear to the Queen's party - an outfit, a veil and a hairpin all prepared for her. San feels lucky and blessed that she has Won, who has always been there for her, and that's why she says he is like a New Year lucky pouch.

@deandraluv I think Won gave San Love, Confidant, Comfort and a Drinking Buddy

@packmule3 sorry for being late in the roll call..been busy lately and will post WonSan goodies if I have lots of time to hang out in this tavern...

Pressured with the explanation:joy:but let me try to recall what I have posted on the MT

Won- "Do you know how much I have sacrificed for you?Do you know what I must give up for you?"..should I elaborate on this one as well?Coz if I am Won..I can say more harsh word..don't tell me to calm down coz I can't definitely maintain my composure before we heard this line from Won..:crazy:..though we all know that his intention was really for Won but the choice of action was a big NO NO

-Although it is ambiguous but we all know that San's first priority was Won as well....willing to go for his safety..willing to come back anytime for him..willing to ease his pain and worries..willing to do anything to make Won smile again..WILLING TO EMBRACE HIM.. WILLINGLY AND HONESTLY BLURTED OUT HER SINCERE FEELINGS FOR HIM-

Hi everyone!

I'm very glad that I found a place where I can discuss more about the king loves drama and of course most importantly Won and San relationship. So many thanks to @bebe1989 for opening this lovely thread! :D

I have been a silent reader on Soompi forum for yeaaaaars and finally after all these years decided to create an account so I can join on discussion. Yay!

I came to watch the drama by chance, i had just finished Seven days Queen and was experiencing withdrawal. I was still in the mood for some sageuk and the king loves was the hype at that time.

At first I wasn't interested, the casts were a bit too pretty for my liking (I know I know shouldn't judge a book by its cover -__- ). Besides that im also:

- not a fan of Yoona. Last saw her in k2 and she didnt do anything for me. Personally I think Song Yoon Ah (and Ji Chang Wook of course) owned the show.

-  do appreciate Hong Jong Hyun mighty fine look (them jawlines and high nose bridge ^^ ) and I did also enjoy HJH performance as an antagonist in Scarlett Ryeo. But he wasn't an enough force to get me started, if you know what I mean.

- aaaaand lastly, never seen anything by Im Siwan. Again, I admit I was quick to judge his beautiful flower boy look. 

However, a friend of mine, a male friend to be exact, mentioned about him (Im siwan) one day. He had just seen "the merciless" and was in awe with his acting there. His remark somehow caught my attention! I was in the mood for saguek, I felt like something new (in this case fresh face), cinematography looking good, sooo that was it! I thought i ahd nothing to lose anyway, i started the drama with no expectation, but then boy I was hooked! before ep 1 was even ended!

Phew! this ended up to be longer that I thought! Lols :tongue: I won't bore you guys with further essay, will post on separate note to discuss our won-san! Until then 친구글! 

Welcome to WonSan thread @nyeb2tosq

Most of the viewers of TKL haven't watched any Siwan drama before so they were really surprised at his acting. Yeah he is one of the few idol turned actor who can actually act. I knew the feeling...although i have watched him and knew his acting range..still he stole my attention just like you before ep 1 ended. Although I started feeling RinSan chemistry at earlier episodes, but that scene where he stopped the wedding proposal of Jeon..my..my.. That moment was his! :tongue: and the rest i become a wonsan.

22 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

After doing all that, instead of attending the wedding he was waiting for him to get permission from Won since he is already married and he thought after seeing him and San on the bridge he would be angry enough to give them the get go.   This was also a way for Dan to be with Won as his mate (even though he knew Won was marrying her for his sake).  Truly atrocious.  

Oh, you're right!!  I didn’t give this much thought, but you're right. He didn't attend the wedding of his ONLY sister -- and his much adored sister at that -- to his best friend. Instead, he was waiting for best friend (quote and unquote) to return to his palace so he could ask for permission to marry San. So despicable! 

He timed it because he presumed that his @#$@# kiss would turn Won into a giant ball of green jealousy, and that Won would just boot them both out of the palace out of disgust for San. 

Instead, Won displayed his RANK superiority and told Rin to make himself scarce and head off to the boondocks. Lol. Rin was treated like a gnat, “Shoo!”

When I was watching that scene, I was hoping that Rin would acquit himself, and prove him trustworthy by RELAYING the info about the uprising FIRST to Won. Had he started off with the report that there was a treason brewing and that he was personally contacted by SongIn the previous night to lead the rebellion, then Won would have been believed him. 

Instead, without any common sense and PRUDENCE, he began by asking permission to marry San. Rin was asking him to let go off San. 

Rin: The lady…please let her go. 
Won: Eun San has been named a special officer of the prefecture to carry out her late father’s work. So she must stay by my side to carry out my orders She’s now my subordinate so she can’t go anywhere.
Rin: So in the end, it’s just a bird cage? You lock her in the bird cage and keep her by your side, and give her water and feed when it’s time. Would that really be joyful?

**Note THIS. As it turned out, even when the bird was let go, SHE did not flee the coop. She hovered within his radius. 

Won: Do you even know how much I abandoned for your sake? Because of you! Do you know what I gave up? 

**Bravo! Again, as I said in the other thread, when Won said that he loved somebody more than himself, he also included Rin because he gave up a lot for Rin, too.

Rin: Who killed Minister Eun? 
Won: Yet you come now and you wield your sword at my back?

**Won was already alluding to the uprising.

Rin: Was it Wonseong Palace?
Won: Which side do you want?
Rin: Did you know too?
Won: Is it Eun San or is it my position?
Rin: What nonsense are you spewing out?

**This is where Rin’s stupidity became obvious. When I first watched this, I thought he was trying to pretending ignorance. But then on second watch, I realized that nope, he was totally clueless. lol. 

Won: The punk who should have left already upon being given the assignment of circuit commissioner WENT and MET His Majesty the King in secret. My father! And spent a whole night there. And my half-brother, Prince Kang Yang was in that house, too. What would you all have schemed throughout the night gathered together like that? Leaving only me out, behind my back. 

**And here Rin looked flabbergasted. See that? He realized his colossal blunder too late. If he was GENUINELY concerned about the rumors circulating around Won as a murderer, then he should have informed Won FIRST about the conspiracy. Why? Because the REBELLION posed a much bigger threat to Won’s rule than the RUMORS. Duh. :blink: Didn't he think about that? 

Won continues: Why didn’t you just ask for it? I could’ve just given you the seat of the crown prince. If it was back during the time I trusted you. 
Rin: No matter what I say now…
Won: It’s too late now. 

**Yup! It was too late for knuckleheads. 

Rin: I will go pick up Lady San. 
Won: I already told you. I disapprove.
Rin: Please allow me to take her away with your approval. So that I do not need to defy you, Your Highness. 
Won: Guards! … 

**Rin’s father was correct that he got greedy and lusted for somebody else’s woman. His judgment was impaired. There was a crisis going on: a rebellion. And all he could think of was that this crisis presented a golden OPPORTUNITY for him to leave with San and have San to himself. He had tunnel vision. 

For me, this was a low point in their brotherhood. 

Archived