Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Sorry I still haven't been able to watch ep 43/44 (cos I'm at work) and I skipped to a scene where SS was clutching her black umbrella in jail..please cmiiw but I remember her giving it to NQ before he left for the wilderness didn't he?? And he used it during battle. How does she have the umbrella back :sweatingbullets:can someone who has watched the full ep please kindly let me know if that's the case or I just skipped a scene where it was given back to her 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, xkidsmom said:

Happy Wednesday everyone!! 

Happy EverNight Days to all!

I just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know how grateful I am for all the interesting discussions, spoilers and POVs for this awesome show. I have been a lurker for a while for I can't seem to find time to comment nor share anything. But everyone seems to be so nice and a good discussion is always awesome for someone like me who love Chinese dramas but at a mercy of subtitles and grateful for all that share :)

I think everybody has expressed how awesome this drama is and I 100% agree. Even to the authenticity of how people act towards each other during that "era" (err... minus the pizza and magic... hehehe)  is a good reflection of how it was back then. I have just started to read the novel because of you my friends and I will try my best to keep up. Right now I am enjoying the drama (with or without the subs).

im glad you enjoy us and also the series that tie all of us together :) 

this is also one of the drama that all of us love too :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

Sorry I still haven't been able to watch ep 43/44 (cos I'm at work) and I skipped to a scene where SS was clutching her black umbrella in jail..please cmiiw but I remember her giving it to NQ before he left for the wilderness didn't he?? And he used it during battle. How does she have the umbrella back :sweatingbullets:can someone who has watched the full ep please kindly let me know if that's the case or I just skipped a scene where it was given back to her 

I was wondering about the same thing too!!! I don't understand without subtitles and just skimmed, is it supposed to be just a regular umbrella or did the production make a mistake?  Also, that whole scene of Sangsang going to say goodbye to Ning Que by giving him the umbrella does not appear in the novel, it's an added SS-NQ scene so I wonder if the production got confused.  I know Sangsang specifically brought a blanket with her to prison in the novel but forgot if it mentioned that she also brought the umbrella.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

I dont know in the drama there would be any scenes mentioning that while NQ was touring with MSS in chang'an city, in fact, NQ often thinking about his little handmaiden and somehow he feels empty like something important missing inside. So, shippers, you know what it means:D

But, if the director/scriptwriter missing that part, I will surely pissed off. Because along the drama stories and based on the current development relationships between NQ and SS is already quite confusing. The scriptwriter cant suddenly connected the ideas why NQ chooses SS after those lovey dovey scenes. They have to think about those viewers who are clueless and not reading the novel. So, of course, it would make the drama looks weird and confusing. I feel so lucky because I had finished reading the book in the middle of the drama is airing. So, at least, my poor brain doesnt have to think so hard to figuring out what is happening:D:D

Agree.  In the novel it's so satisfying how much he thinks about SS even when he is with MSS :D

We talked about it a few pages ago too but it is really confusing how they handling things in the drama. Since the wilderness episodes started it's almost as if MSS is an epic first love and the real female lead  The drama has exaggerated the MSS relationship giving it lots of tropey romantic moments, sidelined SangSang and the NingSang relationship, even changed the dynamic of the NQ/SS relationship compared to the novel.  It will be interesting to see how after all this lovey dovey time wasting they are going to make it convincing in 10 episodes NQ is actually so much in love with SS. 

I do wonder how new fans are understanding some parts of the drama as there is so much to take in and it gets confusing. I can make sense of most of it thanks to the posts from novel readers and I also started skimming through parts of the novel myself but, even then, I still get confused hahaha:lol:

• Like 6

About ep 43

Spoiler

Poor NQ, while he was grieving for his lost of Master YanSe, LL come and intend to kill him on behalf of the Light, sigh. I found how emotional NQ on that scene, his eyes and expression is superb. It think the intimate discussion and briefing between director and the actors so detailed, so that the actors can execute them well.

What i quite dissapointed was the fight scene, it is too simple. Why Lin Ling used his Fu against NQ, while at the end they fight using sword, the Fu just stay there until NQ enormous attack with his Evil Qi. 

I think the evil qi was draining NQ's energy, since he is still weak, so that he looked so pale after killing LL and finally fainted when he met MSS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm watching it on Viki, but haven't watched past episode 30 since episode 31 is still stuck at 97% so can't contribute to the discussion about the newest episode but I wanted to share a picture a fan posted of Chen Feiyu and his mom.

006Igrs4ly1fy4en9hq31j30zk0qo0xa.jpg

You can see that he's inherited a lot of his mom's genes and her smile :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

I was wondering about the same thing too!!! I don't understand without subtitles and just skimmed, is it supposed to be just a regular umbrella or did the production make a mistake?  Also, that whole scene of Sangsang going to say goodbye to Ning Que by giving him the umbrella does not appear in the novel, it's an added SS-NQ scene so I wonder if the production got confused.  I know Sangsang specifically brought a blanket with her to prison in the novel but forgot if it mentioned that she also brought the umbrella.

Haha I think production team just forgot the umbrella is suppose to be with NQ!! UNLESS we have mistaken another weapon for the umbrella? Or maybe NQ got someone to bring the umbrella back to SS out of fear she's in danger? I don't think it would just be another random umbrella cos it wouldn't be powerful like the black one haha. Not sure. I'll have to watch the full epi tonight and find out. :D

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Agree.  In the novel it's so satisfying how much he thinks about SS even when he is with MSS :D

We talked about it a few pages ago too but it is really confusing how they handling things in the drama. Since the wilderness episodes started it's almost as if MSS is an epic first love and the real female lead  The drama has exaggerated the MSS thing, sidelined SangSang and the NingSang relationship, even changed the dynamic of the NQ/SS relationship compared to the novel.  I'm not sure how after all this lovey dovey time wasting they are suddenly going make it convincing in 10 episodes NQ is actually so much in love with SS. 

I do wonder how new fans are understanding some parts of the drama as there is so much to take in and it gets confusing. I can make sense of most of it thanks to the posts from novel readers and I also started skimming through parts of the novel myself but, even then, I still get confused hahaha:lol:

And it's no wonder there's so many MSS shippers for those who haven't read the novel. They make NQ seem so in love with MSS. I watched the preview for the upcoming eps and how 

Spoiler

NQ made glasses/spectacles for MSS to see him clearly. And NQ says 'you can finally see me clearly now' and MSS responds with 'you've always been in my eyes'. I know in the novel they mentioned her eyesight was bad but unsure if NQ actually made her glasses. but that scene was so unnecessary? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

You are right. Maybe a lot of people have been mesmerised with the appearances of MSS. She looks delicate, perfect , pure, but for me, she is one of the love idiots that NQ often mentioned. Indeed, she is so insensitive and shameless one by forcing NQ to like her or throwing herself in the middle of other people relationships. If I were her, i would at least learn about the situation first and get to know who is sangsang and who is exactly sangsang in NQ's heart and mind.

yes u have your point....however MSS is totally smitten with NingQue, being she is a calligraphy addict and finally she found someone who has the same styles as hers despite in different characters and upbringing and surrounding....

however she is attracted and smitten....and when someone is totally guided by their feeling or desire there tends to be some warning we sane ppl or outsider will actually said that

'Oh I will not do that and .....'

we must not forgot that even Master YanSe was attracted to NingQue was because of his calligraphy.....so what will stop Mo ShanShan from doing so too?

actually we cannot totally lay the blame on Mo ShanShan......NingQue on certain level did send out encouragement and also hints that he is interested in her despite all the warning that there is another person in his hearts......in those periods of times...it is really very normal for a guy to have at least 2 or 3 wives or even more than that.......

NingQue knew that he can't live without SangSang but he like Mo ShanShan too....because she was also one of the first lady to show him some respect and treated him as a human instead of treating him with disdain.....

of course im camp NingSang lols even my signature should indicate where i stand lols....however i just want to be fair to Mo ShanShan too....despite the fact that i didnt like her occupying most of the scenes currently.....i just can't wait for my SangSang to appear again :) 

• Like 4

@ningsangcpp

Spoiler

The part where NQ gave MSS does exist, but it should happen much later, roughly in the middle part of the novel, post NQ-XH confrontation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes u have your point....however MSS is totally smitten with NingQue, being she is a calligraphy addict and finally she found someone who has the same styles as hers despite in different characters and upbringing and surrounding....

however she is attracted and smitten....and when someone is totally guided by their feeling or desire there tends to be some warning we sane ppl or outsider will actually said that

'Oh I will not do that and .....'

we must not forgot that even Master YanSe was attracted to NingQue was because of his calligraphy.....so what will stop Mo ShanShan from doing so too?

actually we cannot totally lay the blame on Mo ShanShan......NingQue on certain level did send out encouragement and also hints that he is interested in her despite all the warning that there is another person in his hearts......in those periods of times...it is really very normal for a guy to have at least 2 or 3 wives or even more than that.......

NingQue knew that he can't live without SangSang but he like Mo ShanShan too....because she was also one of the first lady to show him some respect and treated him as a human instead of treating him with disdain.....

of course im camp NingSang lols even my signature should indicate where i stand lols....however i just want to be fair to Mo ShanShan too....despite the fact that i didnt like her occupying most of the scenes currently.....i just can't wait for my SangSang to appear again :) 

Yup, I got your point here hihi

What I mentioned above is from the view how I look at MSS. Because of the drama, many people think badly and dislike NQ's characters because of the extention of unnecessary scenes between him and MSS. They find him cruel, selfish and many people pity mss after those lovey dovey scenes. At the end, he was the one who says goodbye to her. 

It is true NQ also gave a positive vibe, (I guess, that because of his hormone problem):D and lack of love experience. In the novel, he himself doesnt even  know and doubt his own feelings whether it is only a crush or really fall for her. He did think that if he ended up with mss, they both surely will spend a long time together admiring their same common interest which is calligraphy. NQ indeed admires mss because of her appearances and purity. But only SS knows him the best and she is the most important person in this world:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, dzareth said:

@ningsangcpp

Hide contents

The part where NQ gave MSS does exist, but it should happen much later, roughly in the middle part of the novel, post NQ-XH confrontation

About the glasses that NQ made for Mss supposed to be in season 2 during their fight in Lanke temple. The director just changed the story line - again:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

About the glasses that NQ made for Mss supposed to be in season 2 during their fight in Lanke temple. The director just changed the story line - again:D

And it was SS that threw the glasses to MSS because NQ was too busy keeping SS safe. There was no "to better see you with" nonsense. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Yup, I got your point here hihi

What I mentioned above is from the view how I look at MSS. Because of the drama, many people think badly and dislike NQ's characters because of the extention of unnecessary scenes between him and MSS. They find him cruel, selfish and many people pity mss after those lovey dovey scenes. At the end, he was the one who says goodbye to her. 

It is true NQ also gave a positive vibe, (I guess, that because of his hormone problem):D and lack of experience of love. In the novel, he himself doesnt even  know and doubt his own feelings whether it is only a crush or really fall for her. He did think that if he ended up with mss, they both surely will spend a long time together admiring their same common interest which is calligraphy. NQ indeed admires mss because of her appearances and purity. But only SS knows him the best and she is the most important person in this world:D

yes i can't fault NingQue for falling for Mo ShanShan in one instance or decided that he can live and have both Mo ShanShan and SangSang on another......

he doesnt have the privilege of growing up with a guiding hand or someone to show him the rope of life....not to mention that ppl in those period of times have tons of wife to begin with.....i remember someone tell me 1 husband with 100 wife drama but still they watch it and then they question their sanity lols :D 

i dunno maybe Mo ShanShan thought she can share NingQue with SangSang.....however SangSang on the other hand wasnt agreeing to the idea at all....

just think about it....NingQue had always been hers and hers alone for over 10 years? or ever since she was a baby? and suddenly someone propel in their life and demanded she gave up half of that seat to her? hell no way i agree to that....

not to mention if there is one Mo ShanShan there will be another and another and another......as NingQue will only see it as agreeable that he has more than 1 girl in life.....which is why we should thank God that the writer is not having any of this happening lols

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, raziela said:

We talked about it a few pages ago too but it is really confusing how they handling things in the drama. Since the wilderness episodes started it's almost as if MSS is an epic first love and the real female lead  The drama has exaggerated the MSS relationship giving it lots of tropey romantic moments, sidelined SangSang and the NingSang relationship, even changed the dynamic of the NQ/SS relationship compared to the novel.  It will be interesting to see how after all this lovey dovey time wasting they are going to make it convincing in 10 episodes NQ is actually so much in love with SS. 

The drama made everything upside downs and it creates many misunderstanding and of course, the director/scripwriter seems to be quite biased towards NQ-MSS relationships than NQ-SS's. I truly hate to think about that. But, its a fact. Otherwise, they wont added those romantic scenes and make people like mss more. Just my opinion. I may be wrong:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes i can't fault NingQue for falling for Mo ShanShan in one instance or decided that he can live and have both Mo ShanShan and SangSang on another......

he doesnt have the privilege of growing up with a guiding hand or someone to show him the rope of life....not to mention that ppl in those period of times have tons of wife to begin with.....i remember someone tell me 1 husband with 100 wife drama but still they watch it and then they question their sanity lols :D 

i dunno maybe Mo ShanShan thought she can share NingQue with SangSang.....however SangSang on the other hand wasnt agreeing to the idea at all....

just think about it....NingQue had always been hers and hers alone for over 10 years? or ever since she was a baby? and suddenly someone propel in their life and demanded she gave up half of that seat to her? hell no way i agree to that....

not to mention if there is one Mo ShanShan there will be another and another and another......as NingQue will only see it as agreeable that he has more than 1 girl in life.....which is why we should thank God that the writer is not having any of this happening lols

Yup..:DOpps, i suddenly remember something in the novel. NQ and SS did mention twice that they both feel uncomfortable if there is another person living with them. Because they both have created their own world for so many years that only belong to both of them. So, am curious what will happen if MSS really living with them in the same house.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Reading snippets of NQ/MSS interactions here is quite amusing. I think alot of drama viewers has the notion that MSS is NQ's love interest/endgame, which is hilarious 'cus MSS is pretty much a catalyst to ignite the flames between NQ/SS. 

It does slightly bug me that viewers see NQ/SS relationships as brotherly/sisterly onscreen when it is DEFINITELY not. NQ/SS interactions is PRETTY intimate, even if not romantic yet. NQ&SS just happen to be 2 individuals who grew up/care/rely on each other.

Even if I hadnt known about NQ/SS as a romantic pair, Id still ship them because of their great chemistry(*due to CFY&SY's natural onscreen presence together). So hopefully, more NQ&SS!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Reading snippets of NQ/MSS interactions here is quite amusing. I think alot of drama viewers has the notion that MSS is NQ's love interest/endgame, which is hilarious 'cus MSS is pretty much a catalyst to ignite the flames between NQ/SS. 

It does slightly bug me that viewers see NQ/SS relationships as brotherly/sisterly onscreen when it is DEFINITELY not. NQ/SS interactions is PRETTY intimate, even if not romantic yet. NQ&SS just happen to be 2 individuals who grew up/care/rely on each other.

Even if I hadnt known about NQ/SS as a romantic pair, Id still ship them because of their great chemistry(*due to CFY&SY's natural onscreen presence together). So hopefully, more NQ&SS!

exactly.....to me the existence of MSS is to propel NingSang relationship into another level.....

• Like 6

When I started watching this drama and I saw NQ and SS interaction. It never felt brotherly and sisterly.  It reminded me of a wife taking care of her husband. Them sleeping so close to each other, him warming her up when she is cold isn't brotherly at all.  How about that scene when she was cold and she was on his back. His facial expression said it all. He was loss for word or thought. He was asking her how old was she?  LOL LOL LOL 
it was so funny . 

Here is the memorable scene after the back hug

giphy.gif

MLDytDeBgRpLmwdFRu19sJJGqt9ru2FXF9T_NjhA

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

exactly.....to me the existence of MSS is to propel NingSang relationship into another level.....

Most definitely.

NQ&SS's relationship has been intimate from the get-go/established since the earlier episodes. It may not be romantic, but the sparks/potential for NQ/SS to be romantic is prominent/noticable, even w/out MSS's presence/appearance.

• Like 4