[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

3 hours ago, n3bula said:

@greenwatch08 exactly and that is why I'm in love with their story. That love is one of a kind it's beyond romantic feelings. They are each others life. One can't live without the other. Which is why I'm really bothered by the way the drama is giving more importance to NQ/MSS relationship. They make it appear as if NQ is in love with MSS and that SS forced him to leave her. Which is completely unfair to SS character. I understand MSS had to come so ningsang would discover their true feelings for each other but having him cry over MSS letter was too much for me. Plus he cried in front of SS. Does he not realize he hurts her by doing that? Then they show ningsang in pure bliss. So happy with each other, smiling. You can clearly see they live in their own world. One were no one else can come in to. If you haven't read the novel I can see how people get confused as to who he loves. This love triangle is only made to create drama and its unnecessary. I hope s2 doesn't show MSS unless necessary. 

Im not too familiar w/ the webnovel, although I read snippets of it here. I havent seen the latest episodes yet so I cant say much, since I waiting for Viki to update.

I wouldnt considered NQ to be an emotional person, since hes rarely seen crying at all, so him crying from MSS note infront of SS is a bit dramatized. But then again, the writers/director already milked every NQ/MSS scene they can into EN so nothing suprises me. I hope the director/writer gives NQ/SS the development they deserve/need for the remaining episodes.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im not too familiar w/ the webnovel, although I read snippets of it here. I havent seen the latest episodes yet so I cant say much, since I waiting for Viki to update.

I wouldnt considered NQ to be an emotional person, since hes rarely seen crying at all, so him crying from MSS note infront of SS is a bit dramatized. But then again, the writers/directors already milked every NQ/MSS scene they can into EN so nothing suprises me. I hope the director/writer gives NQ/SS the development they deserve/need for the remaining episodes.

@greenwatch08 yes the crying was over dramatic. I wonder what the screen writer was thinking when milking NQ/MSS scenes. Fan service? I hope the same cause the rest of NQ/SS scenes will determine how good they developed their story. There has to be no doubt that they belong to each other. It is after all a story about them not anyone else. Hope they capture the essence of what NingSang means to each other on screen as well as in the novel. Otherwise they will ruin it for me at least. SYR and Arthur have great chemistry so it won't be hard to accomplish. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, rhaps said:

I dont think I'll be watching if the actors are changed, especially for several characters like that. It'll be weird to have different people playing the same characters. Luckily I have stopped reading the novel a while ago, so I dont have any attachment to the story :) .. 

Although EN S2 is greenlit, from what Ive seen so far in EN, I think S1 can definitely be watched/seen as a standalone drama. 

If the majority cast doesnt return, Im not sure if Ill continue w/S2. Im attached to the characters & the actors portraying them in S1 already, so Im a bit torn. I guess Ill have to wait&see next year.

• Like 2

Maybe Dylan Wang will surprise me he has visuals but not sure how he will act, im hoping for s3 simply so i can see the whole book on screen.

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

So who has the bigger fan base? NingSang or NQ/MSS?

I wonder if the screen writer realizes that SS fans are not pleased with the changes in the drama regarding MSS. 

book readers are most likely the minority like every book adaptation but they are loud. 

• Like 1

Since Im current w/the drama now(ep 42) on viki, heres some notable things I liked in the wasteland arc.

-Tang emperor's love/devotion for the demon sect queen very endearing/

admirable in his speech/action. 

- SS&WGM interactions & becoming a disciple of light. Neat. Im excited to see what shell be able to do w/this new ability.

-3rd prince getting his butt whooped by demon sect chief & WGM.

- NQ companionship w/ XiaoTang, YH, MSS during the demon sect valley episodes.

-WGM & YS battle over the hilltop. It was bittersweet.

- 2nd bro watching out for/helping SS with both masters' ashes.

-LQ being pathetic/sore loser in the snow. Flower addict, PLEASE just leave this fool.

-Fuzi relaxing/eating while eveyone's in distress. 

-Chenpipi & SS gamblin & hangin' out. SS hustling for that silver. I love money-lovin' SS.

- Xiaotang and her pet Pipi. XT is very cute & feisty. I like her, she has alot of personality.

Its been a while ive managed to watch this far into a drama series before, but EN has been enjoyable up to this point. Im ready for NQ/SS renunion & more interactions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Maybe Dylan Wang will surprise me he has visuals but not sure how he will act, im hoping for s3 simply so i can see the whole book on screen.

book readers are most likely the minority like every book adaptation but they are loud. 

@Wotad I think Dylan will surprise you. I know he has what it takes to be a great NQ. I hope they do have s3 as well. 

I'm wondering how much chemistry Dylan will have with SYR. 

Still Dylan hasn't been officially confirmed yet right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nausicaay said:

What can Sangsang do with her power? So far she only been playing ET. Will she get more powerful then Ningque? I’m I want to see her fight and show some power. :D

:lol: @ ET! I'm not expecting her to be kicking richard simmons but I also want to know what it will do besides her finger lighting up a little.

4 hours ago, n3bula said:

So who has the bigger fan base? NingSang or NQ/MSS?

I wonder if the screen writer realizes that SS fans are not pleased with the changes in the drama regarding MSS. 

Oh she definitely knows! The NingSang fans have been cursing her out on her weibo page for weeks now :lol:

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I wouldnt considered NQ to be an emotional person, since hes rarely seen crying at all, so him crying from MSS note infront of SS is a bit dramatized. But then again, the writers/director already milked every NQ/MSS scene they can into EN so nothing suprises me. I hope the director/writer gives NQ/SS the development they deserve/need for the remaining episodes.

3 hours ago, n3bula said:

@greenwatch08 yes the crying was over dramatic. I wonder what the screen writer was thinking when milking NQ/MSS scenes. Fan service? I hope the same cause the rest of NQ/SS scenes will determine how good they developed their story. There has to be no doubt that they belong to each other. It is after all a story about them not anyone else. Hope they capture the essence of what NingSang means to each other on screen as well as in the novel. Otherwise they will ruin it for me at least. SYR and Arthur have great chemistry so it won't be hard to accomplish. 

@greenwatch08  and @n3bula:  There are not even 10 episodes left so I hope the same.  Like @lynne22 said earlier it feels like the screenwriter cheapened the NQ/SS at the expense of milking and over dramatising NQ/MSS for some inane reason.  There are less than 10 episodes left and we are still hoping they can believably capture the essence/give the development  NingSang deserves.  If the drama were doing a better job that really shouldn't even be in doubt at this point of the story but instead we are getting nonsense like NQ who never cries crying over splitting up with MSS.

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Although EN S2 is greenlit, from what Ive seen so far in EN, I think S1 can definitely be watched/seen as a standalone drama. 

If the majority cast doesnt return, Im not sure if Ill continue w/S2. Im attached to the characters & the actors portraying them in S1 already, so Im a bit torn. I guess Ill have to wait&see next year.

I agree if they don't end this on a cliffhanger then S1 can be viewed as a standalone series.  I am also very doubtful if I will watch the second part especially in the hands of this writer. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hmmm i never went into this....for me each to their own....

Some like NingSang and some like NingShan lols....to me as long as they do not critics and create war....then by all means ship to their heart content :) 

@angelangie that is true. We all can like what we want. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, raziela said:

:lol: @ ET! I'm not expecting her to be kicking richard simmons but I also want to know what it will do besides her finger lighting up a little.

Oh she definitely knows! The NingSang fans have been cursing her out on her weibo page for weeks now :lol:

@greenwatch08  and @n3bula:  There are not even 10 episodes left so I hope the same.  Like @lynne22 said earlier it feels like the screenwriter cheapened the NQ/SS at the expense of milking and over dramatising NQ/MSS for some inane reason.  There are less than 10 episodes left and we are still hoping they can believably capture the essence/give the development  NingSang deserves.  If the drama were doing a better job that really shouldn't even be in doubt at this point of the story but instead we are getting nonsense like NQ who never cries crying over splitting up with MSS.

I agree if they don't end this on a cliffhanger then S1 can be viewed as a standalone series.  I am also very doubtful if I will watch the second part especially in the hands of this writer. 

@raziela @nausicaay @greenwatch08 I think she does become more powerful than the others including NQ. I also want to see her fight.

NingSang fans are passionate and don't blame them for being mad. Does she reply to ningsang fans? Hopefully this makes screen writer think twice before ruining the story. What is screen writers name? 

Yes they have cheapened ninsang a bit. The crying was ridiculous. I didn't feel sadness I was just mad lol. These last 10 episodes need to make up for it so we can get over it. 

As long as the screenwriter keeps ningsang together and follows the actual story I will continue watching. If I was the writer of the novel I wouldn't be happy with the changes in the story. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

In episode 50 around 11:10 mark on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXmMnO9cG4

The way NQ looks at SS :love:

Sorry I don't know how to do things like video capture and make gifs...

@kiara_bleu yes they are adorable together. I have skipped all MSS scenes. Does he look at her or other girls that way? 

• LOL 3

9 minutes ago, n3bula said:

@kiara_bleu yes they are adorable together. I have skipped all MSS scenes. Does he look at her or other girls that way? 

I just glanced at those scenes because I wanted to wait for the subtitles to fully understand and marathon the drama beginning from NQ-SS separation so that I don't get tortured waiting for their reunion :joy:  I think you should at least watch and make your own impression.  From reading the discussion here you can see that everyone has different perspectives.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, angelangie said:

to be honest.....life is never fair....there will always be a slanted tip :) 

however if he can sacrifice what he like to maintain what he need and love the most....we can actually let it go :) if SangSang can come to term with it so we can.....

i have not seen him regretting not having Mo ShanShan as it was usually SangSang who brought her up to tease NingQue from times to times......probably inner deep SangSang does feel jealous over the bond NingQue had with Mo ShanShan.....

as far as i can see i have not seen NingQue was angry or jealous over the thought of SangSang being close with JunMo....

JunMo is someone he respected and like.......when he was arguing and threatening SangSang's parents if they dont have over her and will burn their mansion down....in that heat of moment....he did get slightly offended that SangSang will hide behind JunMo....in retaliation towards him....

i know how u feel that why he can like another and not SangSang.......life during that period lean heavily all towards 'man' in general, it is not because im able to accept it however i fantasize in different situation on how other guys stood up and grab SangSang away from him as a revenge :D 

@angelangie yes life is unfair.

Your right if SS came get over it so can I. I'm not as understanding as SS lol. 

Glad to know he doesn't regret leaving MSS.

I like JunMo he is a gentleman. In episode 50 when JunMo warms SS up NQ looks slightly annoyed and gives him a look. At least that's what I saw. In the novel it says he got jealous but then again that machine translation is weird so maybe wrong. Here it is if you want to read novel spoiler.

Spoiler

The hand of Sang Sang fell on the face of Jun Mo.She got rid, then has not gotten rid.She calmly looks at Jun Mo. The atmosphere of lakesidebecomes is somewhat strange. Ning Que was not clear, why she can not seek for the Buddha, but is willing to accompany itself to look for Second Senior Brother, looks at this picture, he knows. And is really hiding anything.The hand of Sang Sang starts to move on the face of Jun Mo, has slid his eyebrow. His nose, his lip angle.Ning Que is thinking stunned what you are making?This your uncle! As the husband, he looks that 

her handtouches on the face of Jun Mo, the jealousy arises spontaneously, is very the vitality.

Ofcourse NQ will never experience jealousy like SS because she only loves him. 

Yes we can fantasize about NQ getting jealous and SS getting her revenge lol. 

Ofcourse i can only ship NingSang and no one else. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I just glanced at those scenes because I wanted to wait for the subtitles to fully understand and marathon the drama beginning from NQ-SS separation so that I don't get tortured waiting for their reunion :joy:  I think you should at least watch and make your own impression.  From reading the discussion here you can see that everyone has different perspectives.

@kiara_bleuYes I need to watch it to form my own opinion. I enjoy discussing with all of you it us good to hear others opinions. Plus I like respecting different views. Can't wait for the subs. Wish I spoke the language. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

In episode 50 around 11:10 mark on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXmMnO9cG4

The way NQ looks at SS :love:

Sorry I don't know how to do things like video capture and make gifs...

Thanks!  That scene is cute. The two of them seem to spend a lot of their scenes eating together lol! 

SS was adorable running around to get warm.  Second Brother is just so sweet with SS too.  He really seems to care about her!  No wonder people are on board the MoSang ship:lol:

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

@raziela @nausicaay @greenwatch08 I think she does become more powerful than the others including NQ. I also want to see her fight.

NingSang fans are passionate and don't blame them for being mad. Does she reply to ningsang fans? Hopefully this makes screen writer think twice before ruining the story. What is screen writers name? 

Yes they have cheapened ninsang a bit. The crying was ridiculous. I didn't feel sadness I was just mad lol. These last 10 episodes need to make up for it so we can get over it. 

As long as the screenwriter keeps ningsang together and follows the actual story I will continue watching. If I was the writer of the novel I wouldn't be happy with the changes in the story. 

She responds sometimes but she seems to think she has done a great job with the script! The screenwriter comes across as kind of arrogant from her responses so I doubt it has made her rethink things. Her weibo is: https://www.weibo.com/xurun1979

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

16 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks!  That scene is cute. The two of them seem to spend a lot of their scenes eating together lol! 

SS was adorable running around to get warm.  Second Brother is just so sweet with SS too.  He really seems to care about her!  No wonder people are on board the MoSang ship:lol:

She responds sometimes but she seems to think she has done a great job with the script. The screenwriter comes across as kind of arrogant from her responses so I doubt it has made her rethink things. Her weibo is: https://www.weibo.com/xurun1979

@raziela thanks for the link. Too bad screenwriter doesn't get it . 

• Like 2

I believe that a good novel, or dramatization, is one that does not spoon-feed the viewer but rather emotionally engages you to the point that you'll root for the hopes and dreams of characters ... sometimes even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

For those who see SS's actions as forcing NQ to choose between her and MSS - perhaps they might be reminded of episode 21.  This was when NQ stood at the peak of the mountain and broke through the illusion faster than LQ to become Mr Thirteen.  He recognised the illusory SS ... 'Sang Sang would never force me to make a choice because she trusts that the choices I make are right'.

I think the drama does provide conflicting evidence of NQ's feelings for MSS, contrary to the novel.  But at the end of the day it's only a hormonal teenage boy's first crush, which may surface now and again, and give some pause for reflection - that's only human.  When push comes to shove NQ makes the only choice that is true to his essential being - because NQ and SS have long imprinted on each other, and no third-party could ever hope to supplant one or the other.  They are an exquisite OTP to root for.

• Like 6