[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

10 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yes, this also crossed my mind once. The problem is, MSS drama doesn't look like an annoying girl.

She was never supposed to be annoying.  What I actually like about the novel and drama is that it isn't about NQ falling for a girl who is wrong for him but somebody who is in so many ways would have been good for him but that is still not enough for him to give up SS.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, angelangie said:

maybe the director just want to have a sentimental touch :) 

I dont think its such a good idea. Those people who never read the book would think that its SS's fault. Its SS who pushed NQ to leave MSS which is not true. It would be nice if the aunts could make things clearer to the viewers in this scene. Its not fair to SS! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@kiara_bleu... They have made so many changes that I am getting confused by what is going on with our OTP. TBH  I have been thinking about NQ and MSS interaction VS NQ and SS interaction.  NQ is very much forward with SS but with MSS he is very shy.  He isn’t as possessive if MSS. I have no idea who they really want to see to end up together. 

@rhaps  You are correct, NQ did not cry but was sad after reading MSS’s letter, threw it away and then SS put the letter away. 

Question 

Did Chen PiPi tattled on NQ to FuZi.??

But wouldn't you be shy if you have never experienced having a girl sincerely like you :lol: SS he literally raised from a baby.  But I like how when NQ and SS hugs they really seem to savor it and you see just how much comfort they get from each other.  Those scenes are well acted and directed :D

• Like 5

11 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

But wouldn't you be shy if you have never experienced having a girl sincerely like you :lol: SS he literally raised from a baby.  But I like how when NQ and SS hugs they really seem to savor it and you see just how much comfort they get from each other.  Those scenes are well acted and directed :D

Well said!!:joy: I like the word of "savoring" each other.. ehmm ehmm yup. Now we all can see both SS-NQ refreshing their relationship from family to ehm ehm relationship... And even to the higher stage, soon!

Yup, he did had a thought of feeling regretful for letting go such a good and beautiful woman like MSS, but that doesnt mean he has to choose her and wanted to spend his lifetime together with her. I guess, this has relation with man ego as well that made him think of regretting. But, is that has any relations with love? He even said that it is uncomfortable for him and SS if there is somebody else comes in between and living with them. And that somebody else, including MSS. That's why he wasnt prepare to marry her.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i can only say he like Mo ShanShan....the good feeling is there definitely.....

however he cannot live without SangSang.....SangSang is not part of his life but is his life....the very air that he needed to breath in to keep going and stay alive.....

Exactly @angelangie , SS gave him the will to keep fighting to live. Her love for him gave  him comfort , companionship and a happiness. They created their own little world and their bond just got strong as time goes by. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nausicaay said:

Hello everybody! 

I’ve been lurking this topic for a long time now and it’s so interesting to read about all your opinions. so I decided to sign up. Just Want to say Hi! 

Im currently on episode 38 but I’ve seen the latest episodes just because I want to see the reunion of Ningque and Sangsang

am I the only one that thinks the empress is a interesting person? I’ve been shimmering  the novel but can’t figure it out. Is she good person or bad? She seems good. 

And what does “Richard Simmons” means?

@nausicaay welcome to the forum. 

5 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Arghhh just like @ningsangcpp say... LOL.. get ready to be abused by their sweetness :wub::D

006AUUKhly1fyb2t0er59g30fc08d7wi.gif  006AUUKhly1fyb2t6utvug30fc08du0z.gif

006AUUKhly1fyb2t7unbsg30fc08du0y.gif

006AUUKhly1fyb2tb8m4pg30fc08d4qt.gif

:wub::wub:

Can't wait to see these scenes. I think we deserve it after all the dreaded scenes lol

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

Oml I just skimmed ep 50 for NQ SS scenes. It's just tooooo cute 

You can see so much love for each other in their eyes! And I swear they are trying to make MoSang a ship 

Hide contents

Maybe something for S2? Because the way second brother looks at SS is so loving in a man to woman way not just brother and sister way lol. Atleast that's how I interpreted their scenes. Oh and I'm referring to when in ep50 SS was freezing and running around trying to keep warm but he gently touched her head and made her warm with his power! 

@ningsangcpp that's what I want to see. It needs to be clear that SS is the only one for NQ. That he loves her and chose her. Not that he was forced to choose her over MSS. 

Can you tell me what episodes have MoSang ? I am curious to see if he has a thing for her lol. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

HAHAHA FINALLY I SAW NQ GETTING JEALOUS WITH 2ND BROTHER:lol::lol: he somehow looks annoyed when 2nd brother touched his sweetheart!!! NQ might think in his heart, how dare you touching my sangsang in front of me!!:lol:

I love today series!!:heart: very satisfied!

2nd brother keeps coming on the screen and I super love it. Goshhhhh, NQ and SS look soooooo adoooraaaabbbleee and lovely!!! Thanks Aunts!!! You both know how to melt my heart with their sweetness!

When Fuzi was talking with NQ on the mountain, my eyes only focusing on 2nd brother who keeps standing behind Fuzi like a statue:lol:

I didnt see MSS comes to the shop peeking on NQ-SS eating. Did you guys see that as well?:o

@Snow Guardian yes a scene were NQ gets jealous is priceless! He deserves to feel jealous after what he put her through with MSS. I wouldn't mind more jealousy scenes from NQ. 

• LOL 4

For me it's actually quite simple that Ningque chose SS because when it comes down to it...

MSS is someone NQ can Live Without, but Sangsang is someone NQ cannot live without. As with all first love or crushes as we live our lives we sometimes wonder "what if" or have some regrets here and there, so it's normal for NQ to feel that way but if he had to choose again it will always be SS. As long as the Aunties keep the essence of the novel I can stick with their dramatic antics for the purpose of drama adaptation.

• Like 5

So based on your comments my understanding is that NQ's life is SS and he can't live without her. He does like MSS though. I just find it unfair for SS cause she only loves him. Sometimes I wish SS had experience something with another guy. I don't think I'd be able to be with someone who loves me but can still like someone else. Now does NQ really regret not having MSS? I just want to understand his relationship with MSS. Now in the novel spoiler alert 

Spoiler

When SS touches Second brothers face NQ gets jealous. 

and I'm thinking he got jealous over nothing. He knows that SS has no romantic feelings for Jun Mo and he can't stand it. However it's okay for him to like MSS? I don't like it one bit. Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly so let me know your thoughts on this. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, n3bula said:

So based on your comments my understanding is that NQ's life is SS and he can't live without her. He does like MSS though. I just find it unfair for SS cause she only loves him. Sometimes I wish SS had experience something with another guy. I don't think I'd be able to be with someone who loves me but can still like someone else. Now does NQ really regret not having MSS? I just want to understand his relationship with MSS. Now in the novel spoiler alert 

Reveal hidden contents

When SS touches Second brothers face NQ gets jealous. 

and I'm thinking he got jealous over nothing. He knows that SS has no romantic feelings for Jun Mo and he can't stand it. However it's okay for him to like MSS? I don't like it one bit. Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly so let me know your thoughts on this. 

This is from an interview that the novel author, Mao Ni, gave that @lynne22  shared before:

• As for why I wrote about that ambiguous relationship at the start…everyone of us might have many ambiguous relationships with the opposite sex in our life, but in the end, we only walk together with one of them. Of course, we can dream about even more…but those are just dreams.

He wasn't answering about Nightfall/Ever Night but I think it also applies to it.

• Like 4

Finally uptodate on EN after ep.42. So far Im still pretty much enjoying this drama a whole lot & theres alot to unpack.

- First & foremost, the preview clips on tencent makes the interaction between NQ/MSS more romantic than it actually is, but they both are infatuated w/each other. Although some of their lines together are a tad cheesy. NQ is so oblivious to things. 1st bro would be his wingman. 

- LQ getting is butt whooped for the 1000th time. Too bad his acupoints are damaged. Taking the big L home as always. He cant seem to catch a break.

- WGM & SS are so pure/precious. Im not sure how NQ is going to handle the news about YS or the revelation between WGM/SS. Its nice seeing SS have some company.

- Chenpipi & 2nd Bro are awesome, thinking about SS's wellbeing. 2nd Bro is so nice to SS, since hes so stoic towards NQ. Its refreshing seeing this side of him.

-XiaoTang is so cute w/ her Pipi pet. Shes really cool. I really like her abilities/fightstyle. I want to see her more. Hopefully she gets her wish to enter the tang academy.

-Lin Ling captain america that shield was neat. Wasteland fight scene was really good. I like seeing MSS showcase her abilities. Her talisman seals are cool. NQ blades are great too, w/ that flame seal. Fight choreo is top notch as well as the visual effects.

- NQ breaking through while visualizing SS's presence was a really good scene. I love NQ soliloquys of SS. I really like the way NQ says her name. CFY voice is too good.

-Confrontation between NQ/XH finally. Im excited to see NQ whoop his butt. I know NQ cant right now since he still has a long way to cultivate well.

The wasteland arc was enjoyable. Im gonna miss WGM/YS. So many things happened since NQ/SS were apart. Im excited to see how theyre going to deal w/everything once reunited.  I really miss their interactions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

This is from an interview that the novel author, Mao Ni, gave that @lynne22  shared before:

• As for why I wrote about that ambiguous relationship at the start…everyone of us might have many ambiguous relationships with the opposite sex in our life, but in the end, we only walk together with one of them. Of course, we can dream about even more…but those are just dreams.

He wasn't answering about Nightfall/Ever Night but I think it also applies to it.

@kiara_bleu thanks for sharing that. Yes it does make sense. NQ would never choose anyone over SS. So in the end it doesn't matter if he liked MSS or not cause he won't be with her. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

Can you tell me what episodes have MoSang ? I am curious to see if he has a thing for her lol. 

It's in the two new eps from last night ep 50! :D

Not reffering to just that scene in particular but also others how the directors kinda focus on them two gazing into each other's eyes and zoom in LOL! Like when SS was about to go with the two masters to battle he came and looked her in the eye and said I came to see you and then CPP asks him 'ohhh so you came just for SS' 

• LOL 3

58 minutes ago, n3bula said:

@kiara_bleu thanks for sharing that. Yes it does make sense. NQ would never choose anyone over SS. So in the end it doesn't matter if he liked MSS or not cause he won't be with her. 

Another thing is, NQ/SS have a serious attachment to eachother. NQ is so used to having SS around, hes never given the thought of SS leaving him. SS is devoted to NQ. She's never had anyone shes super close w/besides him. Even when apart, NQ/SS both speak of eachother in soliloquys. They have a deeply rooted bond since they grew up/care for eachother. NQ likes MSS, but its not enough to give up a life w/SS. The thought of SS not being w/ him anymore probably scares him. Probably why he went sorta bonkers when confronting SS when she left him.

NQ/SS may not be romantic(yet), but it doesnt negate the fact they both love eachother. MSS is like a fleeting dream while SS is his fated reality. NQ/SS relationship is not perfect but feels more realistic, hence, alot of room for growth/potential. NQ/SS have similar parallels to eachother as characters & alot of depth w/in their relationship/interactions. They are inseperable. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

It's in the two new eps from last night ep 50! :D

Not reffering to just that scene in particular but also others how the directors kinda focus on them two gazing into each other's eyes and zoom in LOL! Like when SS was about to go with the two masters to battle he came and looked her in the eye and said I came to see you and then CPP asks him 'ohhh so you came just for SS' 

@ningsangcpp I just saw that scene and I loved it mostly cause NQ's face was annoyed. The look he gave Jun Mo. I like the fact that Jun Mo cares about SS. I hope we get more scenes like that. I just want a jealous NQ cause he deserves it. I allow Jun Mo to continue to keep warming SS up lol. Pretty sure NQ wouldn't like it. Still I only ship NingSang. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Another thing is, NQ/SS have a serious attachment to eachother. NQ is so used to having SS around, hes never given the thought of SS leaving him. SS is devoted to NQ. She's never had anyone shes super close w/besides him. Even when apart, NQ/SS both speak of eachother in soliloquys. They have a deeply rooted bond since they grew up/care for eachother. NQ likes MSS, but its not enough to give up a life w/SS. The thought of SS not being w/ him anymore probably scares him. Probably why he went sorta bonkers when confronting SS when she left him. NQ/SS may not be romantic(yet), but it doesnt negate the fact they both love eachother. MSS is like a fleeting dream while SS is his fated reality. NQ/SS relationship is not perfect but feels more realistic, hence, alot of room for growth/potential. NQ/SS have similar parallels to eachother as characters & alot of depth w/in their relationship/interactions. They are inseperable. 

@greenwatch08 exactly and that is why I'm in love with their story. That love is one of a kind it's beyond romantic feelings. They are each others life. One can't live without the other. Which is why I'm really bothered by the way the drama is giving more importance to NQ/MSS relationship. They make it appear as if NQ is in love with MSS and that SS forced him to leave her. Which is completely unfair to SS character. I understand MSS had to come so ningsang would discover their true feelings for each other but having him cry over MSS letter was too much for me. Plus he cried in front of SS. Does he not realize he hurts her by doing that? Then they show ningsang in pure bliss. So happy with each other, smiling. You can clearly see they live in their own world. One were no one else can come in to. If you haven't read the novel I can see how people get confused as to who he loves. This love triangle is only made to create drama and its unnecessary. I hope s2 doesn't show MSS unless necessary. 

• Like 3