Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year  Ever Night Fans @epinklyn @Wotad @n3bula @angelangie @lynne22 @raziela @greenwatch08 @mei2018 @dzareth @LeeN  @ningsangcpp @littlemissmiss @toninha @Snow Guardian @Cheng Chao @pangia @

I'm mostly OK with the changes made in ep 47/48. Overall the tone is lighter more comedic but there are some moments that convey similar feelings to the novel.  I think they are holding back on the fe

I hope on the main cast, there won't be any replacement.. but I agree we won't know for sure until the season has ended. It'll be sad tho if it really happen.. SO, I'm trying not to think about i

ep 48 drumrollllll

Spoiler

Anddd................................................. its over..... :D sigh with relief........

giphy.gif

Was it sad for MSS? Of course... she had dreams... sweet dream of love... just like every other ordinary girl.....

But with how the script writer add & change the scenes involving NQ-MSS dynamic from the book. It made me unable to care much right now.... I’m just glad this particular story line is over.... 

Ps they change the scene, when MSS ask him to write, NQ didn't write anything for her. He put down the pen, and say goodbye. 

Sang Sang hope after this you dont have to cry anymore! :tears: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, stucked said:

And the background music is just.. haha.. and it does.. you’d know that SS leaving him will just open the floodgates of emotion from NQ.. brat as he is but he got it coming... LOL It’s just funny how SS just has that small body bag on her.. and we all know what’s inside.. SILVER!!! She may be an emotional wreck now but she knows her priorities! Money!!! HAHAHA! 

And I love how CPP is spitting the truth only and reminded SS is his life 

Also love how majority Of fuzis disciples are on SS side along with second brother as head haha

• Like 8

After a long seperation, theres so much relevation that is unfolding infront of NQ/SS, they cant return to the good ol' days.

SS being afraid of NQ at that moment feels more like a knee-jerk reaction. Its only natural she reacts that way because she never seen him like that(demon sect side). 

Now, its good for NQ/SS not to agree on everything & grow from their decisions. SS leaving will be a turning point, challenging NQ on what/who's truly important to him(which SS is obviously), since he used to having everything happen his way & realize he cant be selfish. 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

well she didnt took it all..... **ahem** she split it into half :D 

Yeah. Our baby’s still fair like that. If that was me, I’d take it all. *evil laughs again*

And THIS is growth. Them two showing emotions, shouting and just plain fighting it out is definitely growth. Now if only we have an idea what they’re talking about. HAHAHAHA! cr oerhath IG

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Just want to say that I quick-browse this thread, because I dont want to read spoilers of epi 47-48, but I want to know people's reactions first. It seems that these 2 episodes are satisfying :D

I'd better go before I read spoilers and will be back after I watch them *LOL* :joy:

• LOL 6
7 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

And I love how CPP is spitting the truth only and reminded SS is his life 

Also love how majority Of fuzis disciples are on SS side along with second brother as head haha

Is this shown in today’s eps? I was just browsing IG so I really have no idea. LOL

7 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

After a long seperation, theres so much relevation that is unfolding infront of NQ/SS, they cant return to the good ol' days.

SS being afraid of NQ at that moment feels more like a knee-jerk reaction. Its only natural she reacts that way because she never seen him like that(demon sect side). 

Now, its good for NQ/SS not to agree on everything & grow from their decisions. SS leaving will be a turning point, challenging NQ on what/who's truly important to him(which SS is obviously), since he used to having everything happen his way & realize he cant be selfish. 

Yep. That separation and MSS did them good. They can never go back to just being plain platonic bro-sis relationship now. They have to face, NQ especially, the reality that losing each other, whether physically or to other people, is just not a good idea. Just because they are each other’s destiny, they are each other’s life. Oh yeah!!!! Woohoo!!

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Just want to say that I quick-browse this thread, because I dont want to read spoilers of epi 47-48, but I want to know people's reactions first. It seems that these 2 episodes are satisfying :D

I'd better go before I read spoilers and will be back after I watch them *LOL* :joy:

Ahahahhaahaha...  I canceled my plan to watch Spiderman today just so I know the result of today's episode :joy:  It better be worth it! LOL 

• LOL 8

Very very satisfying episodes

EP 47

Spoiler

SS leaves the home in the beginning of the episode itself.  Ok, he does beat her with the stick.  But since the whole fight situation between them is coherent, it does not seem like violent act towards her.  It seems like an adult disciplining a child.  But she does grab the stick from him and throw it away.  Thats my girl.  So, he does calm down at the end and ask her to come back home.  She refuses.  *Happy dance*. There is a discussion between the bro's and sis's of academy who is worth marrying NQ.  The episode ends

EP 48

Spoiler

The first bro and second bro started fighting as to who NQ has to marry.  The rest of the team back off since the situation turns serious.  But 3rd sister feed some advise into their brains and finally they stop. CPP is missing here since he is already with NQ near the lake.  I love CPP.  Here, he gives him advise and tell him how SS was there for him all time and he should make judgement based on that.  I love this CPP character much.  After this, he battles with Daoshi monk by using devil ki and kills him.  He reveals CPP that he has gained the devil ki from that devil master while in wilderness.  He say goodbye to MSS.  And he meets Fuzi where he drinks and I think he reveals his break up and also the killing of Daoshi monk by devil ki.  NQ was beaten by Fuzi and he faints. Eunuch Lin comes to SS parents tells them that they hv to send SS back home.  SS mom does not want to.  SS comes out and she is being informed that NQ is hurt.  EP ends

• Like 5
1 minute ago, ningsangcpp said:

Oh guys happy spoiler for ep48

Reveal hidden contents

So that scene we see in the mvs where NQ picks MSS up and spins her around is all an imagination so it doesn't actually happen :D

Also quote NQ:

Spoiler

NQ says to Fuzi while drunk "losing sang sang... What's the point in life anymore" 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

Oh guys happy spoiler for ep48

Hide contents

So that scene we see in the mvs where NQ picks MSS up and spins her around is all an imagination so it doesn't actually happen :D

Really? HAHAHA! Who imagined it though? *whispers: just put in spoiler too* HEHEHE!

I don’t know about you guys but NQ going mad crazy is kinda satisfying. LOL

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Reveal hidden contents

damn dont you like this?

and dont read if u guys dont want spoiler :P 

Hide contents

NQ: Repeat what you said just now

SS: My things has nothing to do with you

NQ: Why your things has nothing to do with me?

SS: My things has nothing to do with you!

NQ: I had not beat you since you are 3 years old! Today your master me will discipline you! GO HOME!

SS: NO!

NQ: GO HOME!

SS: NO!

NQ: WHY NOT?!! WHY NOT?!!

SS: Because DONT LIKE and NOT HAPPY!! No reason!

NQ: WHY??!!

SS: Just DONT LIKE & Not HAPPY! No reason!

NQ: Not because no reason, it because you are brainless! I'm  your young master, you are my handmaiden, I raised you since you were a baby!

SS: I start doing all the chores, cooking and washing since I was 8 so it was me who raise you!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you dearest @angelangie Now THIS really made me happy... *hugs*

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, stucked said:

Really? HAHAHA! Who imagined it though? *whispers: just put in spoiler too* HEHEHE!

Spoiler

Not too sure but I believe it was NQ because MSS asked him to write letters to her forever and he picked up the brush and put it down and that scene came on, he said "okay I'll write for you forever and hugged and spun her around" then it flashed back to reality and he put the pen down and MSS went in for what looked like a hug but he backed off and said I'm sorry I owe you LOL. and she kind of got the hint and they said their goodbyes woo-hoo 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, stucked said:

Is this shown in today’s eps? I was just browsing IG so I really have no idea. LOL

Yup!! It's shown in ep 48 :wub:. Ep48 was soooo satisfying. You hear NQ say so many sweet things about SS and always implying how he needs her. 

Spoiler

He was using an analogy about water and liking the sour chilli noodle SS cooks to explain to CPP and make him pick if he could only have one for the rest of his what would he chose? And it was obviously water because it's essential for life. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@angelangie, can you please translate in the initial of EP.48 what exactly did the 3rd sister told the 1st and 2nd brother abt NQ marriage.  Coz immediately they accepted and stopped their argument.

What did CPP told NQ exactly?

Also, at the end of EP.48 the conversation between NQ and FUZI.

thanks in advance

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:
  Hide contents

Not too sure but I believe it was NQ because MSS asked him to write letters to her forever and he picked up the brush and put it down and that scene came on, he said "okay I'll write for you forever and hugged and spun her around" then it flashed back to reality and he put the pen down and MSS went in for what looked like a hug but he backed off and said I'm sorry I owe you LOL. and she kind of got the hint and they said their goodbyes woo-hoo 

Whoah. Wow. Damn.

Spoiler

Now that’s kinda disappointing. I thought it’d be MSS doing the imagining. LOL He’s imagining the “What if’s” with her and sorta regretting already what’s he’s about to do — which is to reject MSS. Hm. There seems to be lingering feelings here. *sigh* NQ my hormonal boy. I just wanna slap you sometimes. HAHA!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1. The imaginary twirling/swirling scene doesn't really have a purpose. Annoyed it made the cut. Having said that, 

Spoiler

there is also no need for the SS meeting MSS scene.

2. I thought the SS vs MSS discussion between the senior brothers/sisters was a little strange. I didn't realise that in the drama they had many interactions with SS. However, i loved that 7th sr sister and the blacksmith/inventor being pro SS. But i still prefer the book version

3. I didn't like that they made SS a crybaby, especially in the post confrontation with NQ scenes. 

4. I do like drama scene where NQ put MSS's brush down vs book NQ who continued writing despite being hurt after fight with monk. 

5. Drama failed to capitalise on NQ vs himself at the lake scene. It was really funny in the book. A little flat in the drama. 

5. Love CPP!!! Also dying to know the dialog btwn him and NQ word by word.

6. Not enough desperation on NQ's part. 

7. Drama made NQ a jerk by the way he dealt with MSS. NQ also looked like he was forced to abandon MSS. Not enough emphasis on his reluctance to separate from SS. 

Despite my dissatisfactions, the actors did a really good job at portraying the emotions in these 2 episodes. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@angelangie, can you please translate in the initial of EP.48 what exactly did the 3rd sister told the 1st and 2nd brother abt NQ marriage.  Coz immediately they accepted and stopped their argument.

What did CPP told NQ exactly?

Also, at the end of EP.48 the conversation between NQ and FUZI.

thanks in advance

I feel you. :D We really need to know these things. As for me, it’s to keep me sane. LOL. EverNight has just taken over my quiet Friday night. 

• LOL 4
16 minutes ago, dzareth said:

1. The imaginary twirling/swirling scene doesn't really have a purpose. Annoyed it made the cut. Having said that, 

Reveal hidden contents

there is also no need for the SS meeting MSS scene.

2. I thought the SS vs MSS discussion between the senior brothers/sisters was a little strange. I didn't realise that in the drama they had many interactions with SS. However, i loved that 7th sr sister and the blacksmith/inventor being pro SS. But i still prefer the book version

3. I didn't like that they made SS a crybaby, especially in the post confrontation with NQ scenes. 

4. I do like drama scene where NQ put MSS's brush down vs book NQ who continued writing despite being hurt after fight with monk. 

5. Drama failed to capitalise on NQ vs himself at the lake scene. It was really funny in the book. A little flat in the drama. 

5. Love CPP!!! Also dying to know the dialog btwn him and NQ word by word.

6. Not enough desperation on NQ's part. 

7. Drama made NQ a jerk by the way he dealt with MSS. NQ also looked like he was forced to abandon MSS. Not enough emphasis on his reluctance to separate from SS. 

Despite my dissatisfactions, the actors did a really good job at portraying the emotions in these 2 episodes. 

CFY & SS is really good portraying NQ/SS. I think SS crying is fine. She wears her heart on her sleeve so its pretty on-brand for her character at this point. Since SS is a bit reserve & quiet in the webnovel, its good to give her range/expression onscreen. This way NQ can read/understand her inner turmoil a little bit more(specifically this ep/scene).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜