[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

17 minutes ago, rhaps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah ok ...because :

another big spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

in the novel, the umbrella was fighting with the Bird..and NQ was unconscious *pls cmiiw*

But in the drama, the umbrella was 'only' protecting NQ, after he used it to protect himself

it made me wondering whether the bird could sense that he was closed to the Child of Hades or not ..or was it because he was bringing the umbrella along with him?

@rhaps

Spoiler

Spoiler

remember Sang Sang insisted Ning Que take the umbrella. Also remember Sang Sang always carries the umbrella around. So we can all figure out who is the child of Hades. The Priest and everyone assume the Child of Hades is a boy , that is why in the first Kill he said Son of Hades.  What do you think? 

I got confused in episode 12 when the general said Son of Hades meant General Xia Hao. I will be rewatching these episodes again. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rhaps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah ok ...because :

another big spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

in the novel, the umbrella was fighting with the Bird..and NQ was unconscious *pls cmiiw*

But in the drama, the umbrella was 'only' protecting NQ, after he used it to protect himself

it made me wondering whether the bird could sense that he was closed to the Child of Hades or not ..or was it because he was bringing the umbrella along with him?

Spoiler

The novel is a bit unclear, but from my point, in the book the umbrella also didn't actively fight the bird, it's mostly protecting NQ. The bird attacked him not because it sensed that he was close to the Child of Hades,  but because he was bringing the umbrella along with him.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@stella77  Yes Chingu   

Reveal hidden contents

He did erase the memoru of the Prince Uncle. But did you notice THe Prince envisioned killing his brother and then he tried to kill in real life. That particular scene made me wonder if the Priest of light ( old man in White) planted that memory just show the General (son of Hades) his words in protecting him and the Empress. By having her secret revealed and covering it up so that the General  Xia Shou would defenitely Kill Lin Guang Yuan [Xuanwei General] and his entire household.  I think he manipulated this entire incident due to his faith of demon child residing in that area..  

W

What do you guys think? @Wotad @lynne22 @rhaps ??

@UnniSarah @stella77

about ep 12 special 

Spoiler

I had the same tought when I watch this, I thought WGM did erase Li Peiyan memories.

But.... in future episode I saw, if I remember correctly around ep16/17/ Li Peiyan actually do remember.. he just didn't understand it at the time... 

@angelangie :wub: 

• Like 2

@angelangie LoL..... I can only watch 1 drama at  a time.. This is a decent adaptation,, better than other cultivation book to drama adaptation that has came out in recent years.... 

The source material, Jiang Ye won award when it came out in 2011. It's that good!  So far with changes here and there, the story still kept the heart of the source material so I think this is still a decent and acceptable adaptation. 

@sonicwave I think the violence in the drama and how ruthless NQ can kill is toned down. My guess is there's a regulation/limitation about the it.... :( for me I just have to accept it... haha.. even if I wish I can see it on camera. I think Chen Fei Yu can act the ruthless and cold part. 

@rhaps 

Spoiler

Sooo... after skimming the book have you found other OTP? hehehehehhehe.... I think you already know about Chen Pipi's.  But, aside from him, there's two that shock me.. LoL.... the author wrote it so subtlety.

Yeah, I think the Emperor is older. 

So.... ehhh..... another sweet spoiler that seems to be not shown in that super sweet video in page 6..:wub:

Spoiler

005EtS0mly1fx6ecqgey1j30hr2hxaf4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@lynne22Yea, I understand the tone down, and I'm mostly ok with it. But the fisrt revenge killing is just too stupid for words, especially if you compare it with the book.

Spoiler

NQ is supposed to be smart and careful. but the official pretended to pass out, and he fell for it? And then they just chased around the yard for everybody to see? And then the official tripped to his death? It's just too much.

It seems that because of the regulation, NQ can't actively seek to kill someone, there had to be mistake, suicide, self-defence, ects. And I accept that. But in this particular scene, there are better ways to do it. And the acting in this scene is bad.

Having said that, I'm mostly satisfied with other parts of the drama.

@rhaps

Spoiler

There's another otp: 2nd brother and 7th sister;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@angelangie It's 将夜 - Jiang Ye... It has a realistic happy ending in my opinion hehe....

@rhaps 

No, I didn't happen in the book :wub:

Anyway, 

Spoiler

Chen Pipi and Tang Xiao tang is a given.....  :lol:, Eldest brother and 3rd sister.. and alsoooo....

----

it's 2nd brother Jun Mo with 7th sister.... Mu You... I didn't catch on it until Jun Mo and 2nd floor members is defending a territory , and she's so worried. After he's heavily injured she kinda took care of him in the battlefield, and she said "I'm gonna marry you", and his reply was" Good".... 

My reaction was surprised leafsurprised leafsurprised leafwhy didn't I notice this before?????? OMG! 

Yeah well, so I am re-reading the translation, I finally notice that there's actually a subtle writing about 7th sister closeness with Jun Mo. She's not afraid of him, can read his mood, etc.. ahahaha.. so that's how it is.. my previous focus at the time was on how she and the others care for NQ, so yeah everything was subtly written... 

In the drama.. it's already starting to be shown to us... I think in ep 9, when there's an assassination attempt, it was 7th sister that report to 2nd brother about it hehe.. 

I'm hoping the drama.. in season 1/2 can explore or at least show us more about their dynamic.

---

The Eldest brother with 3rd sister Yu Lian. She's so quiet, but when She's loud her action is so loud haha.. 

I'm not sure what to think, but I feel like 1st brother a bit clueless... I mean he is Li manman... the slowest guy in the world..

Still, I like Eldest brother a lot.

----

It's a happy ending for me.. maybe some can see it as bittersweet, maybe some can see it as hopeful.. it's both for me.. they're piecing their relationship bit by bit... after everything that happen.. I think ending the book with them together with NQ teaching SS to cook again like when she's a child is beautiful.. 

----

Sighhhhhh, Yeahh NQ suffers a lot for his happiness with SS. That's why I say before, it's tragic for NQ. He loves SS so much. She's his everything.... 

Season 2 will be epic for sure in the Love story and how Patriotic Tang People are IF the script writer does it right. I hope they really do it right. 

Btw, Song Yi Ren as Sang Sang also cute and adorable... her acting is really fluid.... I like her a lot. She does feel like a child of 13-14 yo.

@sonicwave 

Spoiler

I understand your feeling...  Books will always be better imo .. hehe...

For me, I find the academy student's story line (before he went to 2nd floor) is a bit bland, I fast forward them to NQ and Chen Pipi's part hehehe... 

• Like 6

@lynne22  I am reading the novel 

Spoiler

Now because I miss the drama so much. As I read, I get more information on what was not introduced in the drama. It makes me so happy to get know each character. I am on chapter three now.  I love this scene alot. It was quite interesting to see. ChenPiPi like NQ's exam answers way anyway.No surprise at all that they would bond.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, sonicwave said:

@lynne22Yea, I understand the tone down, and I'm mostly ok with it. But the fisrt revenge killing is just too stupid for words, especially if you compare it with the book.

Hide contents

NQ is supposed to be smart and careful. but the official pretended to pass out, and he fell for it? And then they just chased around the yard for everybody to see? And then the official tripped to his death? It's just too much.

It seems that because of the regulation, NQ can't actively seek to kill someone, there had to be mistake, suicide, self-defence, ects. And I accept that. But in this particular scene, there are better ways to do it. And the acting in this scene is bad.

Having said that, I'm mostly satisfied with other parts of the drama.

@rhaps

Hide contents

There's another otp: 2nd brother and 7th sister;)

Im not sure if this is true because blood romance kills people.

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

wow Song YiRen (宋伊人) is 25 but she can honestly pass for a 13 or 14 years old girl

i had just finish episode 1 & im moving slow for once lols.....the action pack parts is solid ..... NingQue & SangSang interaction is real brotherly like for now lols.....most of you have finish Episode 1 i assume lols :D 

can we talk about it for now? and no need to hide it in the spoiler lols :P 

if you have not finished the current subbed episodes after a while then its your fault i think you can discuss up to episode 12

I am also rather curious of Jian Da Jia of Red Sleeves Bordello. 

I think she knew Ning Que’s father, I think she knows who he is and is keeping it a secret. Will she protect him by being his witness if he is ever question for the killing of the metal smith. Remember they found a piece of clothing from his Academy uniform. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I am also rather curious of Jian Da Jia of Red Sleeves Bordello. 

I think she knew Ning Que’s father, I think she knows who he is and is keeping it a secret. Will she protect him by being his witness if he is ever question for the killing of the metal smith. Remember they found a piece of clothing from his Academy uniform. 

Maybe she had a affair with his father and that is actually his mother dun dun dun ;p 

• LOL 2

hello 

it's my first time ever commenting but so far i like this drama ! 

I love the OST : I keep listen to it again and again !

For me everything is on point : action scene, location, .....

The cast does o good work ... well the unique cast that bore me is the princess ....

but how can such a young actor be so good ??? 

• Like 4

I zoomed passed all the posts so I don’t spoil myself because I was checking in to see if subs for episode 12 was released since Monday! Waiting for Eng subs for a drama you are addicted to should be added as a new form of misery and torture lol. 

I was just too happy and excited that finallty the subs for episode 12 is out —— but can’t watch until this evening and it is only 8 am here. (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

• Like 2

I saw somebody on viki get confused over the world setting, so I thought it might be useful to explain this and help others better understand the story.

Think of this whole world as Middle Ages Europe, all the states believe in the heavenly god (Tang, Yan, Nanjing, etc.). Xiling is like Vatican, which is powerful in all the other states except Tang. So I guess that makes Tang England here. Tang's Nanmeng (South Gate) is a sect of Xiling, but only has a loose connection. Its leader only follows the order of Tang emperor. The emperors of Tang don't respect Xiling much. Within Xiling there are three departments, each has a different function: mandate, judgement, light (devine faith, prophecy). Its three departments are secretly fighting each other to gain control. Xiling wants to undermine Tang, and sends spies in South Gate and all the states. Tang also has spies in Xiling. FYI, the Tang kingdom in this story is fictional, not the Tang dynasty in Chinese history.

I hope that explains a few things.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@stella77 fighting my friend lols....im only on episode 1 so im not even close to where you are....but i dont mine being in the laid back lols....i had been lacking in picking up drama for some times now.....due to the fact that my internet is lagging badly

^ you are in the best position with many episodes available to pace yourself. I should have left a week as a buffer but then in my obsession with this show kicked-in, I wanted to join in the discussions so I caught up! After finishing my current book, I will start the novels while waiting for subs.

• LOL 2