[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

29 minutes ago, raziela said:

You and me both.  That scene made me willing to give the drama a chance and that first moment between NQ and SS made me decide to stay.

Yep. That 1st scene of NQ/SS when NQ entering Wei City gates as SS scurries to greet him & stares at him from atop is so good. The nuance in both SS's gleeful expression and NQ's tilted head & smile they had for eachother is perfect.

• Like 4

I think the show first won me over after the desert fight scene. Actually, i cringed at the NQ's lizard pet in the beginning, but they fight scene was amazing. The reactions of the casts (main and supporting) was spot on. NQ wasn't simply posing. And when he is swinging the sword it looked liked he was swinging a sword. Blood spurts were aesthetically done. Their makeup included dirt, grime and oil which created some sense of realism. And it must be noted that the hero is a mere soldier at that point, which is also uncommon in C-plots, added with the fact that he is trying to enter school/college. Pursuit of education is something that should be admired in any age or era. 

Additionally, i had just came from Ruyi which also had the actress playing princess LY. I can't remember at which point i read the novel, but it must be between their arrival ing ChangAn an the academy selection. 

This has been a good year for Cdrama. It began with NiF2, the stunning scenery but failed plotline of T&E, the curious case of Guardian that had every reason to fail but was a cult success, Ruyi and now EN. I have also heard of many more awesome shows, but they were just not of my interest (I'm not into mythology like pillow book etc...) 

• Like 5

On 12/20/2018 at 7:02 AM, Snow Guardian said:

Yup, it thinks YHY is cool! I really like  her. You know what, the aunts changed all the original characters in the novel. NQ and YHY's characters are almost the same, but somehow the aunts weaken almost 50% of the original's. So dont put too much hope in it. 

Inmy view, among all the females in EN drama, she is the most beautiful one! *Runningaway*:P

Btw, why you dragged 2nd brother into this?:tears::tears: I better prefer her ended up with NQ instead of 2nd bro. But, of course, that wont be happening because NQ only belongs to SS, LoL.

Darn, why did they change the characters so much? Ayyyaaaah.. I agree with you. She is the prettiest in EN. :sweatingbullets: I prefer for her to end up with NQ too but from the looks of it, he's with SS already. That'y why I thought 2nd brother would be a good match since he's soooo perfect! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA:joy::joy::joy:

Did you guys see NQ's facial expression at the ending part in the latest episode when he threw the ironball/granite??? I cant help myself from laughing when the water was BOOM towards him!! LOL:joy:

@raziela yo, chinguuuu!!! Yo, yo, yo!! Its not that I disappeared, but I need to increase my cultivation level, otherwise I will not going anywhere but no-doubt level:tounge_xd:  its been a long time I am staying in this level (actually my connection was the main caused and I missed the party yesterday):tears:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, myden said:

Darn, why did they change the characters so much? Ayyyaaaah.. I agree with you. She is the prettiest in EN. :sweatingbullets: I prefer for her to end up with NQ too but from the looks of it, he's with SS already. That'y why I thought 2nd brother would be a good match since he's soooo perfect! :wub:

Wow, wow, wow!!! The weather is quite warm today and now you're showing me 2nd brother picture???? Why I suddenly feel somehow sweating... Ehmm ehmmm..... :P

Yes, YHY is HOT! 2nd bro also HOT. Now I am worrying for the next series whether I will get burned because of their appearances!!

True, true, I also dont know why the aunt weaken their characters. Maybe because she is a female:D so, she could not able to interpret the complexity of characters - especially those male's characters. Just my thought:D

Btw, what is the hot topic for today?? I think I've missed out few pages.. wait, let me read them first:D

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • LOL 3

I just saw episode 54.. I fast forward all the boring folks like LQ, the Xi Ling folks, the general etc. I find myself fast forwarding NQ and SS scenes too. PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME. :sweat: This show is getting sooooo slow and draggy for me now. I hope I still understand and know what the heck is going on. I did enjoy Chao XiaoShu scenes and the widow. It looks like he decided to take care of her and travel together. They're my new favorite ship! :heart: 

@angelangie Thank you for the awesome pictures of YHY! I wonder why there's barely any news or photos of her when EN is doing so well. :blush: 

These are scenes of YHY from ep 54. I really feel sorry for YHY. NQ and SS have each other and the whole academy whenever they face trouble. This girl literally has no one. Anyone can easily bully you if you have no one to lean on. That curly haired guy that looks like Eason Chan is such a d-bag. I think that is why she is so obsessed with cultivating. Also, that attitude didn't just come out of nowhere. You gotta be a b***h so others won't mess with you. :naughty: 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Chao XiaoShu is one of my favorite characters from EN. He is so manly and is fully of integrity.

0068hE0kly1fydn4l4lkaj31hc2i0kjt.jpg

Spoiler

0068hE0kly1fydn4hd8oij31hc2i0he2.jpg

MSS (I don't know her real name) sang this song as well. (The original version is a lot better imo) This proves how much they're trying to promote her. The song is pretty nice. 

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/rpup19lfbuf2skc/g0029lajqw6.html

SYR is pretty silly in real life. LOL

006LCt20ly1fyfus0sbu8j30m80gptai.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

HUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA:joy::joy::joy:

Did you guys see NQ's facial expression at the ending part in the latest episode when he threw the ironball/granite??? I cant help myself from laughing when the water was BOOM towards him!! LOL:joy:

@raziela yo, chinguuuu!!! Yo, yo, yo!! Its not that I disappeared, but I need to increase my cultivation level, otherwise I will not going anywhere but no-doubt level:tounge_xd:  its been a long time I am staying in this level (actually my connection was the main caused and I missed the party yesterday):tears:

YESSSS LOL LOL, at first i almost want to end it since it was still LQ's scenes, but i wait and got to see NQ n 4th n 6th brother instead so happy and yet worried, it only less than 3 minutes left! What will be shown? At the end, so funny instead LOL, dont understand though why NQ laughing when the bomb doesnt blow. Maybe he want to mock his brothers (naughty!), but at the end SURPRISE! GOT U! :joy:

2e5pc04r5kv5x63wl52eb183n.jpg

41 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols.....somehow it meant to be one of those tool too right? :D 

a lil wild imagination is good lols

LoL! Creative! I think he will just keep it save somewhere until something bad happen to Tang Empire, right?

Edited by epinklyn
Adding an image
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes we need some humor to pull is thru the hard times :) 

and i always love vampire flicks too @Snow Guardian so dont worry you are not alone :D 

Yes yes that's why i like the scene NQ with the academy bro n sis, they always have some humors inside :P, after thru bad times and bad days, sometimes NQ deserve to be spoiled and being a mischieve kiddo

• LOL 3

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes we need some humor to pull is thru the hard times :) 

and i always love vampire flicks too @Snow Guardian so dont worry you are not alone :D 

What hard time? Did anyone forces you to do some chores during weekend??? :tears:

@epinklyn this is the most funniest ever facial expression of NQ!!!!!! :joy:

• LOL 3

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols

so u relent to him having anything because he is a NingSang shipper? :D 

@angelangie Well I just like him but caring about SS and being a NingSang shipper puts him over the top. So yes that gives him the right to anything in my book lol :D

• Like 2

16 hours ago, myden said:

Chao XiaoShu is one of my favorite characters from EN. He is so manly and is fully of integrity.

Hide contents

MSS (I don't know her real name) sang this song as well. (The original version is a lot better imo) This proves how much they're trying to promote her. The song is pretty nice. 

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/rpup19lfbuf2skc/g0029lajqw6.html

SYR is pretty silly in real life. LOL

Chao :wub:

So regarding the soundtrack of EN. What is NingSang's song? 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1