[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

@mrsj3n Every time I think i understand something, something else changes in this drama. This drama is like a maze that just keeps changing or grows as the drama progresses.  Right now , I have no theories for episode 14. I need to see it with subs then I will give you my theory chingu. I need to take my time and watch this with no interuption. LOL.. 

@satanghaesolim  Thanks for the explanation chingu. I really needed it. LOL LOL  Everywhere Ning Que go , Sang Sang is right there next to him. Nothing really would have stopped her from going to him. lol lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Have you guys watch the special episode that explained what happened before the massacre?

ie the explanation of Yong Ye (giving me a feel of Games of Thrones), the conspirators for framing General Lin and that annoying old white man, Wei Guang Ming.

I was looking around weibo and came across this 40 mins clips.

https://m.v.qq.com/x/page/z/8/i/z0028ypgr8i.html?ptag=887

It's not sub but I think I understand much better  now and I know who is Sang Sang already.

For those who understand mandarin..

Did Adam Chen said a curse word at the end?

Hide contents

"他妈的黑"

:lol:

I repeated that many many times and still think it's the same curse word. LOL

If you have access to Viki the 40 minute prologue is available fully English subbed it is the Episode 12 Special.  I skimmed through it but it felt like a completely different drama.

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Thanks for this!

Hide contents

I've forgotten the use of the black umbrella but she wasn't much affected as well.

Long Qi is getting on my nerves.

The arrogance is completely different from Ning Que.

His is full of self entitlement and that turn me off BIG time!

In fact, his whole gang irks me A LOT.

I wish we won't get to see much of him as I really have the urge to fast forward any scene of him!

Spoiler

When Long Qing and Ning Que where climbing up the mountain together and Ning Que was trying to make conversation with him Long Qing said he really liked his little maid again.  And Ning Que glared at him:lol:.  I think Long Qing still has his eyes on Sang Sang.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@satanghaesolim  Thanks for the explanation chingu. I really needed it. LOL LOL  Everywhere Ning Que go , Sang Sang is right there next to him. Nothing really would have stopped her from going to him. lol lol 

Spoiler

There are quite a few cute little things that Ning Que says in the recent episodes.  When the other students ask NQ how he knows the Princess, he says they met on the road and he always encounters treasures on the road for example his Sang Sang.

Whilst climbing the mountain NQ made a new song :lol:

I have one sword to protect Sang Sang so that she sleeps well at night

I have two swords to cut the wild grass

I have three swords to get rid of the injustices in the world

After watching the end of Ep 22 I finally know why NQ doesn't seem to like Princess Li Yu and keeps his distance even though Sang Sang seems to like her.  It's obvious to NQ that the Princess wants to use him for her own agenda and to curry favour with the Emperor.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

The novel.mentioned briefly that non cultivator can climb to the mountain. But they dont explain more about that, plus dunno whether that apply too in the drama or not. SS novel didnt climb up.

Regarding LQ, yeah..how come he still wonderd why he got lost? :P He killed his own lover and stepped on her body, that should be easy enough to understand *lol*

Spoiler

In the novel they used the pervert monk to point out that Sang Sang was special but I'm glad that they cut him out of the drama because it would have been creepy and weird.  And although Sang Sang has had a hard life she has mostly been protected and loved by NQ so I guess she doesn't have many inner demons to battle so the climb was easy for her.

Yes LQ is one stubborn and confused dude, someone who doesn't listen to others so what would be the point of going to the 2nd floor he wouldn't really learn anything.

• Like 4

It is really illegal to like Ning Que!

I'm trying hard not to fan girl over him here!

Episode 23 is 

Spoiler

Frustrating as I'm sick of the crazy light cult club!

I'm beginning to forgive NQ's runes teacher!

Episode 24 is

Spoiler

Hilarious! Had me laughing all the way till I cry!

And Leon Lai... did he get botox?

Because I finally realised what's wrong... everything is not moving on his face except his lips.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 2:34 AM, rhaps said:

Pls cmiiw,

Hide contents

he is not the General's son, so his surname is not Li. He is just one of the households who was living there. 

Regarding EN's seasons, yeah..I've been wondering how they'll split the story into 3 seasons. I hope it will only be 2, because I'm affraid that they'll add things in order to reach 3 seasons and ruin the drama. But I guess they want to make more profit, so ..yeah..I really hope that they wont stretch the story. Until now, the less interesting parts were the ones who were not in the novel/additional scenes

I think i would have liked it more if he was the general's son.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:50 AM, rhaps said:

Eh..is that supposed to be a spoiler? *LOL*. Okay I'll edit mine :D

Yeah, you are right. That scene confirmed that. 

Hide contents

And there was another scene in the beginning episode (forgot), when they were chased by soldiers and one of the women got killed. NQ yelled ,"Mother". Perhaps he is the son of one of the servants there. To think that a son of a servant has more bravery than the general's son himself ,who couldnt stop crying when the massacre happened ..

Spoiler

Maybe NQ's mother who was the general's wife just tried to escape?? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie   @rhaps @mrsj3n  @lynne22   @Wotad  @pangia We need a name for our OTP guys. 

How about 

a. Niang

b.NingSang

c. SangQue

Please help me choose.... 

Hide contents

I like NingSang ;p

Also it seems like the stuff cut out actually makes sense so far the 40 min prologue doesnt really fit and neither does the pervert monk someone else suggested.. neither fit this drama . 

Also have no problem with Leon maybe because ive never seen him before?? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I dont have problems with the King. I kinda pity him for having many problems in his life and family *LOL* . In epi 15/16 :

Hide contents

when he found that calligraphy, it's like he was having a new hobby to distract him from his troubling family  :P

And I like Yan Se. He is funny. 

A King's life is always pitiful.

Just like a caged bird.

I don't like Yan Se at first due to episode 21 and 22. But from episode 23, 

Spoiler

He redeemed himself and I can see the love he has for Ning Que.

I came across one preview for the next upcoming episodes (I lost the link somehow hence can't share here). I remembered briefly that Ning Que was talking about meeting Long Qing again and what if he can't win him.

Yan Se told him to find ways to win, if not, find ways to escape. Come back and he will teach him. The tears in his eyes. Those lines... touched me deeply. 

• Like 2

I pretty much nearly dislike everyone but that is just their characters ;p they are not supposed to be likeable. 

The only likeable thing about Long Qing is him making Ning Que jealous im just going to get annoyed of this clearly evil and cold guy claiming to hate the darkness and hes the light .. like bish please. 

• LOL 3

Sooo..... this is a cut for ep 25, but it's not a big spoiler so I'm sharing this here..... LoL.

Remember the Chicken Soup Caligraphy that NQ wrote in ep 13? Hehehe.. this time it's SS turns to hear it. 

Her reaction is so cute! Just turn on your cc for the translation.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

20 hours ago, satanghaesolim said:
  Hide contents

In the novel they used the pervert monk to point out that Sang Sang was special but I'm glad that they cut him out of the drama because it would have been creepy and weird.  And although Sang Sang has had a hard life she has mostly been protected and loved by NQ so I guess she doesn't have many inner demons to battle so the climb was easy for her.

Yes LQ is one stubborn and confused dude, someone who doesn't listen to others so what would be the point of going to the 2nd floor he wouldn't really learn anything.

Yeah, I agreed about LQ. 

@rhaps LoL...... the spoilers are everywhere.....

Spoiler

I've seen the one you shared too.. so hilarious.. I can't wait to watch it live and see what other of havoc and destruction NQ's going to cause in the back mountain :joy: 

What happen in ep 24 cracks me up... Chen Pipi got bullied so much... ahahahahaha...

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Sooo..... this is a cut for ep 25, but it's not a big spoiler so I'm sharing this here..... LoL.

Remember the Chicken Soup Caligraphy that NQ wrote in ep 13? Hehehe.. this time it's SS turns to hear it. 

:blush: I think this is Sang Sangs' lightbulb moment where she starts to want to be NQs wife :heart:.  I can't wait to see how her behavior changes if she will become extra cute.  

Spoiler

I'm not looking forward to NQ and SS separating when NQ meets MSS.  Does he really fall in love with MSS? I skipped all those chapters and it was a lot of chapters and Sang Sang didn't have many scenes.  But it seems that this part may happen quite late in the drama.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 7:25 PM, mrsj3n said:

Saw this on weibo.

Preview for tonight's episode

Aarggh.. just when things are getting good, it ends! :huh:

5 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Her reaction is so cute! Just turn on your cc for the translation.

I didn't know that SS cannot read. I always assume that she can. 

That's too bad.. I wish that she will learn to read later on.

Question: 
on the Ep 0? https://v.qq.com/x/cover/rpup19lfbuf2skc/z0028ypgr8i.html?ptag=887

Who did Xiahu kill when he's with WGM? The lady in red? Is that his lover or the sister?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rhaps said:

She can read in the novel

Hide contents

In the novel, she read NQ's 'chicken soup' handwriting by herself, and laughed because of that (because it's just an ordinary message but everyone treated it like a gem *LOL* ). I don't know why they made her couldn't read in the drama.  Probably, it's because they wanted to show how SS was also having some feeling for NQ

In the novel :

Hide contents

He did like MSS and had a crush on her, but, he still likes SS more . The novel made an analogy with something like 'favourite food' vs 'water'. MSS is his  'favourite food' (he likes her), while SS is 'water'  (he can't live without her)

Aaah.. I must have forgotten that part. I remember reading it but not sure. Hope she can read in the drama later on. 

Yes, I'm not looking fw to NQ-SS separation. Although I know how much NQ loves SS in the end, but knowing that NQ has his first love while SS doesnt is a bit...:unsure: (LQ is not SS's first love .. it's sort of teenage girl's crush which died so soon because of sock) :lol:

• Thanks 1

@rhaps 

Spoiler

About the priest of light in ep 24, Wu Ming, re-watching ep 14, there's a mention there that he wants to go to Tang to prove Wei Guang Ming's words about Child of Hades, so I guess his action in ep 24 is still coherent with the drama story ..... LoL.... 

I'm curious about the bell he's using ..... I had my own theory on why NQ is so affected but let's see how it goes... 

The dream scenery when Ning Que finally met his Lucky chance and gain the ability to cultivate is so beautiful. I've been using this as my phone background :wub:

DsNlE3CUwAEROj1.jpg

The rest:

Spoiler

DsNlE3cVYAAy1qs.jpg

DsNlE3KVsAAUIVs.jpg

DsNlE3KVsAAUIVs.jpg

• Like 3

Personally, even tho NQ did consider Mo Shan Shan and do like her.. I won't ever say it's love... 

Spoiler

Because I view his feeling to her as part admiration of her abilities, and the other part is how sincere she is to him... so he's grateful and thankful to her because of that... He likes her but not the kind of likes that she wants.

He was just confused about his feeling to her for a bit before he finally made his choice. 

I really like how realistic this story. 

Mo Shan Shan for the most part knows how SS is very important for NQ, even before NQ ever speak about it.. hehehe..

I remember her noting that NQ always slips on saying SS as "the one back home", " we ( him and SS) will visit her when she (MSS) goes back to her country" etc....  

@satanghaesolimI guess you can consider  the trip when he met MSS like this;

For me at the time, the situation is more or less about life and death and there’s a common goal, that’s why after what he went through during that time he admire her for her ability and consider her as friend. 

It was MSS that likes him, NQ considers her request to like her after she ask him to. 

@angelangie LoL...it's not a person.. rather I meant it as series of coincidence that finally open his acupoint in Ep 14 so he can cultivate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

I think SS can read.. hehe.. I'm guessing she just want to hear someone recite the note for her. *whistle whistle* :phew:

I think she should be able to read too. Wasn’t NQ going to send her that note or was he just waxing poetic? 

Anyway, when do you guys use the spoiler tags on here? I saw a moderator over in the Kdrama forums say that spoilers should be used for raw episodes but once the episodes are officially subbed (into English, I assume, on Viu, Viki, Kocowa, Netflix, etc) and released then spoiler tags are not necessary. So what’s the rule in this thread?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1