[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Cheese in the Trap should've been released before this drama. How can I see her with another male lead.. :bawling:

And also, LSG is doing Vagabond now? so fast to appear in drama again. I can't see him with another actress except OyS right now :bawling: can Vagabond producer just cast OYS as female lead???? I love to have him back on screen, but I think he needs some rest for now. He was super busy with Hwayugi and Gong Hap promotion, and Jibsabu as well. Please take care of yourself Seunggi ssi~~

• Like 4

1 minute ago, annie1234 said:

Cheese in the Trap should've been released before this drama. How can I see her with another male lead.. :bawling:

And also, LSG is doing Vagabond now? so fast to appear in drama again. I can't see him with another actress except OyS right now :bawling: can Vagabond producer just cast OYS as female lead???? I love to have him back on screen, but I think he needs some rest for now. He was super busy with Hwayugi and Gong Hap promotion, and Jibsabu as well. Please take care of yourself Seunggi ssi~~

Me too i still can't see them paired up with anyone else at the moment.

please rest first both of you... 

if only i get a full closure ending.. sigh...

I won't  be hurting this much :bawling:

i can at least say goodbye with a happy heart 

• Like 2

Just now, haymochi said:

Me too i still can't see them paired up with anyone else at the moment.

please rest first both of you... 

if only i get a full closure ending.. sigh...

I won't  be hurting this much :bawling:

i can at least say goodbye with a happy heart 

Why the producer in Korea seldom to cast the same pair again? I mean, if I were a producer, when I saw a booming drama and booming couple like song song couple, I definitely will want to cast them again in my drama. That will be the key for success. But for the producers in Korea it was very rare to cast the same leads. I remember after I finished watching Secret with Hwang Jung Eum and Ji Sung, I screamed in joy when they announced that they worked together again for Kill me heal me. Can't that happen to Oh yeon seo and Lee Seung gi?? :D pleeaaassee. I promise I'll be a good girl and never post any hate comment online again if the drama god make my wish come true. :D:D I don't mind if LSG and OYS will work together forever :D:D

• LOL 7

Guys, I was curious about the Land of the Dead and did some research. Look what I found. Is this why SOG was shown driving on the bridge and heading towards the water?

Ieodo. 

An actual submerged island in the East Sea and today the site of an ocean research station, Ieodo also represents a mythical island of fantasy and utopia in the folk tales of Jeju people, much like the lost lands of Atlantis or Lemuria. 

Fishermen lost at sea were said to reside on Ieodo. Widows went there upon their deaths, in reunion with their mates. The old dreamed of going to Ieodo; the diving women longed for it as their ancestral home. 

Legends regarding Ieodo abound, which reflect the duality found in Taoism that further informs the beliefs of this region. The island was envisioned both with longing and apprehension, as could be said about any image of paradise: a desire to go there, but only after death. Ieodo was a mythical, and thus liminal, place outside of space and time.(*)

Perhaps Ieodo represents the lost kingdom of Tamna, the Jeju that is long gone, the idyllic past – of a people, of one’s childhood, of innocence – for which we all experience a deep longing. 

Or am I completely off the mark? ugh, I so hate when I don't get all the answers. This is why I dislike open ending more than sad endings because we are just not sure about ANYTHING!

@haymochi With this new accusation against Hong sisters, do you think there's a possibility of S2 or the movie? I think the chances are very slim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The chances for S2  are really slim or may not be possible at all

LSG been busy with his Movie promotion+variety show and same goes to  Oh Yeon Seo for CITT movie.

that's why Hongs should have written a good ending (i really want to curse them so bad)

i still don't understand why are they doing this . I know that almost all their dramas writing aren't perfect but the ending always  manage to save them.

You can say Big ending is one of the worst too but that drama wasn't successful and didn't receive lots of love  . You can't say the same about hwayugi with good ratings and the  503 couple who are so loved by the viewers.

They have also hinted lots of happy y ending  for example is the grandma owner shop saying the fate can be changed, the baby, the wedding promises, third time is a charm, etc... but the ending is just so disconnected from all 19 eps.

It's not even sad but just ridiculous.

Sad ending is ep 19 when Sunmi died and OG lyinf there broken while  saying  "the world is as it is but you are not here" 

that sad ending will make people cry and in pain but ep 20 gave us viewers big expectation of what might heaven do after they complete their mission and  hopefull that the couple will be able to overcome their fate.

I know most people care about the otp (me too) but isn't Buja ending so wtf as well? I thought she will at least get to be back for her last moment but her life is just full of suffering, didn't meet her mum, murdered  thrice by her killers, can't confess to PK, body stolen, turned into a monster, and perish just like that. She can't even meet her mum in the land of dead? No chance of reincarnation?

*i'm speechless and angry to the core*

• Like 6

With the success of Along With the Gods (adventure fantasy genre),  hopefully  CJ E&M Film Division will see this as an opportunity to invest/produce Hwayugi sequel as a film. Drama will be too draggy,  film is more appropriate if they want to continue the story.

Voice, Bad Guys, Mrs Cop, Queen of Mystery, Let's Eat, Signal, Secret Forest...

These days, nothing is impossible. But if they make a sequel with different cast,  just NO!

• Like 4

The main selling point for this couple is the chemistry and love story  anyway

lol can you imagine another actress playing jin sunmi with that eyes and way of speaking? 

The three main casts are just irreplacable.

i'm not just talking as an OYS fan but Jin Sunmi image is already too deep implemented on OYS lol

Not just inetz but knetz will be in rage too

It's a diff case for CITT. There's a rift btw the main actor,+webtoon auhor vs drama pd+writer.  

This webtoon fanbase is very big and the fans already have their casting set from the beginning hence this movie is made to ease the loyal fans anger  of the webtoon, Justice for the webtoon author, and the male lead whose scenes got cut abruptly. 

So obviously  now they went along with the nation pick casting.

Viewers are already so invested in OG+Sunmi love story (LSG and OYS). If they don't care, they won't be this enraged . People on Navee  are still asking for season 2 with the otp

But i really doubt that LSG, OYS, or CSW might want to do another season 2 (if there is one).

• Like 6

I did the bravest thing watched ep20 today.  Now that I have calmed down a bit, I realized that it is indeed all about MW and SOG's journey.  If you notice, the demons were the only ones remaining.  All the extras (JSM, BJ, Summer Fairy, and the Dragon Prince) are just part of their journey. They are not meant to be there forever. Even with SF, who should have disappeared, was only there temporarily.   May because I calmed down that I was finally able to analyze the whole plot in a more rational view. I was just disappointed that OG did not do anything other than giving her his eye, but if you analyze it, he already formed a plan even before he met her at the tower, and that is giving her his eye and fetching her again. Maybe we will not get a sequel (too bad), but at least we know that he will not stop until he gets what he wants.  And that is another journey for OG.  

So maybe, we should have instead rooted for OG's journey in the beginning, than focusing too much on the OTP.  But it was so easy to focus on SM and OG because of their chemistry that we forgot it's a journey, and not a romance between OG and SJ.

Just my opinion, though.

• Like 5

After got viewers response of the ending can tvN said , there's something wrong with the editing and we forgot to put the ending scene so they re-air Hwayugi ep 20 just like they re-air episode 2. Omo, i wish it can come true. Omo my heart still hurt, I can't even rewatch the kiss scene in ep 18, it's hurt, I don't know why it's so hard to forget the ending. Gonna try rewatch the first time adult JSM and SOG met, if it's still hurt then i totally can't rewatch it. *Sigh

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

12 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

You know I think the writers are saddist!they shouldn't write things like love again! Tch.. 

boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

Hong sisters love romance. Thats always their genre but they are sadistic. They are on top of my black list right now 

24 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

I did the bravest thing watched ep20 today.  Now that I have calmed down a bit, I realized that it is indeed all about MW and SOG's journey.  If you notice, the demons were the only ones remaining.  All the extras (JSM, BJ, Summer Fairy, and the Dragon Prince) are just part of their journey. They are not meant to be there forever. Even with SF, who should have disappeared, was only there temporarily.   May because I calmed down that I was finally able to analyze the whole plot in a more rational view. I was just disappointed that OG did not do anything other than giving her his eye, but if you analyze it, he already formed a plan even before he met her at the tower, and that is giving her his eye and fetching her again. Maybe we will not get a sequel (too bad), but at least we know that he will not stop until he gets what he wants.  And that is another journey for OG.  

So maybe, we should have instead rooted for OG's journey in the beginning, than focusing too much on the OTP.  But it was so easy to focus on SM and OG because of their chemistry that we forgot it's a journey, and not a romance between OG and SJ.

Just my opinion, though.

Hmm the journey isn't just about Mawang+Monkey king though?

in the original JTTW , it's all about their journey together . The monk holds a very important character in both of the journey and relationship with SOG much  more than Bull demon king

so sunmi isn't an extra ( Buja, fairy, and dragon are).

The main characters should be the ones on the main poster fighting together to save the world (Hong sisters seem to have abandoned and forgotten the main point of the story uurgh). In the end Sunmi and OG should be rewarded ro become a deity while the other character like Pk and MW got theirs too.

But now they all ended tragically.. except OG who will def get his bride back

• Like 5

I firmly believe the writers kept it open ended in case there is a season 2 but not right now..maybe after a few years..1-2? Hong Sisters never keep a plotline open..but they did with Hwayugi..many infact and deliberately..I don't think it was an accident. Honestly, if they can't cast the main three than they rather not make S2 at all. I can just imagine the end like I want and be done with it.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I firmly believe the writers kept it open ended in case there is a season 2 but not right now..maybe after a few years..1-2? Hong Sisters never keep a plotline open..but they did with Hwayugi..many infact and deliberately..I don't think it was an accident. Honestly, if they can't cast the main three than they rather not make S2 at all. I can just imagine the end like I want and be done with it.

Big ending is open though

so does Hong Gil Dong where the otp ran into the fire. We viewers don't know if they are alive or not :lol::rolleyes:

Should have learned my lesson but Master Sun tricked me that they must be good now. So i put my heart and soul into this amazing otp but look at what they did

• Like 3

saw ep19 yesterday and i know why viewers are peeved with SM's death. After all the talk of her power, and she just ended being stabbed!

Crazy writers.

If they wanted her blood to awaken the dragon, they can just cut her hands for it, but for her to be stabbed! Crazy!

I'm sure LSG knows viewers reactions seeing the script, hence he said he have done his best for the drama. Havent broadcasters ever learn that viewers likes happy ending and not crap ending for them to reap more monetary benefits from the drama end? Haiz...

Ive read the ending on dramabeans, dont feel like watching it but wanted to see MaWang's reaction on seeing his son... sigh..

15 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Big ending is open though

so does Hong Gil Dong where the otp ran into the fire. We viewers don't know if they are alive or not :lol::rolleyes:

Should have learned my lesson but Master Sun tricked me that they must be good now. So i put my heart and soul into this amazing otp but look at what they did

Big ending was open because they couldn't show that the younger guy was a look alike of the older guy. Also they were wary of letting the younger idol "act" so kept him in a coma for the whole show. Besides all the plotlines were tied up.

Hong Gil Dong was history though wasn't it? It couldn't be changed. Hwayugi was fantasy and the end result was supposed to be all of them becoming deities(even the opening title showed that) which was not achieved..that's why I have a hunch that the Hong sister kept it open ended. But nothing is certain so they gave an implied happy ending..whether we will get to see it or not in S2 is another question.

19 minutes ago, realistic2280 said:

saw ep19 yesterday and i know why viewers are peeved with SM's death. After all the talk of her power, and she just ended being stabbed!

Crazy writers.

If they wanted her blood to awaken the dragon, they can just cut her hands for it, but for her to be stabbed! Crazy!

I'm sure LSG knows viewers reactions seeing the script, hence he said he have done his best for the drama. Havent broadcasters ever learn that viewers likes happy ending and not crap ending for them to reap more monetary benefits from the drama end? Haiz...

Ive read the ending on dramabeans, dont feel like watching it but wanted to see MaWang's reaction on seeing his son... sigh..

Don't watch the ending ep 19 is good enough haha  :D

9 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Big ending was open because they couldn't show that the younger guy was a look alike of the older guy. Also they were wary of letting the younger idol "act" so kept him in a coma for the whole show. Besides all the plotlines were tied up.

Hong Gil Dong was history though wasn't it? It couldn't be changed. Hwayugi was fantasy and the end result was supposed to be all of them becoming deities(even the opening title showed that) which was not achieved..that's why I have a hunch that the Hong sister kept it open ended. But nothing is certain so they gave an implied happy ending..whether we will get to see it or not in S2 is another question.

I just see a very lazy writing for ep 20. What's the purpose of making OG lost his memory and a day with Sunmi's wandering spirit trying to make him remember? Pfft what a joke

they could have done so much on that on ep to follow the oringal ending of JTTW but they are just like doc whatever to fill in the one hour episode.

an open ending for season 2 can be ended with them becoming deities with their mission not finished yet as the evil in the world is awoken again 

i have never witnessed such a lazy writing seriously  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

me : Okay, time to move on from Hwayugi. Let's watch Jibsabu! :):)

Jibsabu :

*me back to cry at the corner of my room*

hi..may i know where can i watch master in the house episodes? or you call it jibsabu?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)

23 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Don't watch the ending ep 19 is good enough haha  :D

I just see a very lazy writing for ep 20. What's the purpose of making OG lost his memory and a day with Sunmi's wandering spirit trying to make him remember? Pfft what a joke

they could have done so much on that on ep to follow the oringal ending of JTTW but they are just like doc whatever to fill in the one hour episode.

an open ending for season 2 can be ended with them becoming deities with their mission not finished yet as the evil in the world is awoken again 

i have never witnessed such a lazy writing seriously  

I agree with you. It is very lazy writing. What was the purpose of SOG coming out in the human world and taking over M group? I don't think anybody got a concrete happy ever after in the show at all. Everyone is unhappy. JSM is still dead and SOG still alone until he succeeds in breaking her out of the Land of the Dead.

Nah the end of the journey is where they would become deities..Deities don't have unfinished missions and journeys. Which is why they kept it open ended IMO..it was the same with "Signal" and "AoY".

Season 2's are hard to get in Kdramas but not if the story is unfinished. I believe chances are there.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I agree with you. It is very lazy writing. What was the purpose of SOG coming out in the human world and taking over M group? I don't think anybody got a concrete happy ever after in the show at all. Everyone is unhappy. JSM is still dead and SOG still alone until he succeeds in breaking her out of the Land of the Dead.

Nah the end of the journey is where they would become deities..Deities don't have unfinished missions and journeys. Which is why they kept it open ended IMO..it was the same with "Signal" and "AoY".

Season 2's are hard to get in Kdramas but not if the story is unfinished. I believe chances are there.

Very very lazy writing indeed, all is well because everything is leading to a happy end with OG comes into the human world to fight head to head with Kang dae sung,etc  but because of the ending everything seems pointless

don't tell me abou AoY . Season 2 open ending broke my heart to pieces .

it took me months to get over that drama then Hwayugi came along . 503 couple took over the Ssongsunmin couple in my heart so obviously this drama wrecked my heart much much worse

Anyway OG is going to the land of dead to take his love withing 1-2 days so there will be no change in her form anything . Unless God turns her into a flower or animal lol. People who died and went to paradise stay the same.

Reincarnation too. They will have the same face unless they decided to reincarnate her as a male this  time and obviously the ending isn't going to that route. That's my comfort

40 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I skip Big. So I didn't get broken heart. But I love their Delightful Choon Hyang, You're beautiful, Master's sun. So that is why even they killed off SM in ep 19, I thought.. eeeheyy... they don't like that, no, it's happy ending. But then after I done with ep. Heol. What the heck was that?! 

Big writing was horrible anyway but the two dramas you mentioned above are awesome with satisfying ending.  Hwayugi couple top all hong sisters love story they have written so far but the ending is just the worst

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Very very lazy writing indeed, all is well because everything is leading to a happy end with OG comes into the human world to fight head to head with Kang dae sung,etc  but because of the ending everything seems pointless

don't tell me abou AoY . Season 2 open ending broke my heart to pieces .

it took me months to get over that drama then Hwayugi came along . 503 couple took over the Ssongsunmin couple in my heart so obviously this drama wrecked my heart much much worse

The way they locked up KDS..he could become an evil spirit just like ASN..we never know..IF there is a S2. Right now I am leaning towards no but my logical mind is connecting everything. All the plot loose ends don't make sense..Hong sisters generally tend to tie them up in a bow when the show is ending. Maybe the reason why the BTS was so stingy with OYS is because they didn't want the shippers to go crazy with rumors and scandals since that would make it hard for LSG and OYS to work again in S2, if there is one.

God, don't remind me of AoY S2 end..I was wary and put off watching S2 because I thought they would keep an open ending again for S3 and I was proven right..I still have to watch that show and I dunno if I will. BTW why is our OTP called the 503 couple? I joined the thread late so I don't know why.

• Like 4