Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

The writers after finishing ep 19 thought that 'what would be the best way to torture the loyal viewers for the next six months so that they can't watch anything else' then they wrote the script for episode 20.

Like we haven't suffered enough for the last two months. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Should I be more sensitive and overreact over the ending? :lol::lol: It's a drama for god's sake...aka not real. At least it wasn't a sad ending. It was lazy writing, but at least they didn't make it sad...I'm a bit dissappointed as well, but what can you do other than accept it? Plus, no one ever said the baby was their baby...

The lazy writing broke everyone hearts

• Like 2

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself when it's left open, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense. I guess what i'm saying is, everyone needs to calm down, and then see the hope in the ending. 

• Like 8

ME RIGHT NOW!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The other drama that I watched from Hong sisters was My Girlfriend is a Gumiho & it ended good..

But they ruined everything here!!! get out crazy rabbitget out crazy rabbitget out crazy rabbit

Ooops, sorry @Jillia I just can't help it..lol! Thanks for editing my post :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

1 minute ago, Wendy Wang said:

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense.

Yeah it would have been awesome to see actually, I think thats one of the bigger reasons people are disappointed

• Like 2

Just read the recap and feeling really let down. The series started really well and was so promising... but the ending really tanked.

Seems like 20th episode is just dragging on for no reason at all. What's the purpose of JSM dying,  SOG losing memories and JSM coming back for one day? The ending really had no meaning at all. 

I don't hate the Hong sisters. In fact it's their writing that brought to life the characters of SOG, MW, JSM, etc.

This is reel life and a form of escapism for some of us from the real world. It's not really "life" and so to have an opening ending is really uncool. Already life is not easy, being in school can be tough, working life can be awful. Sometimes we face so many ambiguities and so many tough scenarios. So I don't need my dramas to be ambiguous. As a viewer I prefer one ending or another. Open endings are terrible and esp reflects poorly on the writers when there's absolutely no reason to have an open ending. You end up pleasing no one and at best people are just neutral to it. 

So writers, you did a good job but it could've been much better. Too many loopholes and unanswered questions. Please don't rush through the script writing, you are wasting a stellar cast with great chemistry and viewers' emotions. 

Anyhow thanks all for the wonderful commentaries. It's been an awesome journey and I hope I'll be back someday.. When a drama with a good plot comes along! 

• Like 12

In the future...I won't watch another Hong Sister dramas until it's completed. It's to much time to invest in a drama that leaves me wondering what the point was... Goblin was the same. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Okay seriously I'm so mad... They ruined CITT and now they made it worse for Hwayugi... Fixed I wanna make this hashtag in IG and twitter now #HongSistersJustTheWorstWriterEver #BannedHongSistersFromDramaLand #BannedHongSister #NeverBelieveHongSIstersWorksAgain

• Like 5

Oh Yeon Seo once again betrayed by a drama ending :bawling:

i remember her sobbing so hard on the wrap up party of SOGC cos she was  only told that they wefe shooting a hug reunion scene but when she watched the real ep, it became a reunion in the after life.

gah... ep19 is the ending. That's it.. 

ep 20 writing is just sloppy and beyond lazy

• Sad 9

I FEEL SO MAD AND HURT AND I DON'T KNOW...

BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I FEEL SO EMPTY INSIDE. LIKE HOW DID THIS HAPPENED??? I'M SURE I WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THIS ENDING....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not abuse CAPS button, thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, briseis said:

I refuse to analyze the last episode because, frankly, there is no way anyone could make sense of this mess. I’m afraid my brain could explode from trying.

In the last few episodes, the Hong Sisters pretty much threw logic completely out of the window so at this point they could have Jesus snowboarding down a rainbow and I wouldn’t question any of it, as long as the OTP finally got the happiness they deserve. There were so many ways to end it but they gave us that unsatisfying open ending?!

I totally feel the same! I've been racking my brain thinking and analyzing for the past 19 episodes, and now I feel somewhat cheated because of the end. That's it?! It's just as if the writers just want to twist the knife because they can. I get it that on paper, it would seem quite fitting; bittersweet yet, but also somewhat understandable. BUT they should have made good of their promises of a happy ending! 

What's with the amnesia? So they wanted to echo the beginning of the story; when SOG bailed on SM by taking her memory of his name, now he's suffering with his memories not intact. When he was first imprisoned because he saved the world only to brag about it (from MW'S story) to now saving the world to fulfil his lovers final wish and imprisoning himself out of his own choice.

It's good that SM now knows about his feelings, but it truly feels so anticlimatic. Why such a big build-up, when in the end she realises it is so right before she disappears forever? There's really no closure for her. So in the end, she suffers for years and years, found the greatest love of her life, fulfils her duty, die, and spent the last day on earth with her lover who doesn't even remember her, found out he did love her right before disappearing, then now will just wait for him to come find her. What??? Seriously writer??

There's so many faults and holes I could find, they don't make sense, they just reek of lazy writing. To be honest, no one likes other endings except for happy endings. But if you're going for the bad endings anyway, there's certainly much better ways to do it. Fullstop!

I'm mad, I'm sad and I'm totally bummed.:bawling:

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Right - they could have done it - if they did not used all the time for the tragedy part.... and for the many many scenes from the past.

yesss!! the ending was just too Richard Simmons  lazy.. or at least like @miramara suggested, JSM could have whisper OG name, and I am sure there are many other more satifying ways.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not circumvent swearing, thanks!
  • Like 4

Like i said earlier im still glad we didnt got the reincarnation route .

And i wanna thank u guys for all of ur wonderful post . 

Is LSG going to the wrap up party ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, haymochi said:

Oh Yeon Seo once again betrayed by a drama ending :bawling:

i remember her sobbing so hard on the wrap up party of SOGC cos she only

knew that they are shooting a hug reunion scene but when she watched it,it became a reuiniom in the after life.

gah... ep19 is the ending. That's it

my poor yeon seo .  :bawling:   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense.

This really bitter not even sweet, but what could we do, this is the ending, we can vent but can't change a thing. Thanks to all crew and cast hardworking, we enjoy the drama but not the ending. Love Hwayugi even the ending is hard to accept

• Like 3

Please refrain from using all capital letters in your posts. It comes across as shouting and I know you're better than that. Keep your cool, post in a constructive way.

Also, though I'm sure you all know this, please refrain from using curse words and foul language. Our maturity filter filters out a lot, but if you're caught circumventing it, please know that I take great pleasure in removing your post from the existence of the Internet. Thanks and have a nice day :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I am so furious and disappointed with the Hong Sisters! Come on now! You gave us so many hints of a real wedding for our OTP but you give us separation at the end! I had lack of sleep every weekend because of this drama. You two will need to pay for my lack of sleep and addiction to this! No need to release the DVD because I'm not buying it! This is not cool! 

No mercy for you writers anymore! 

Capture_2018-02-01-10-33-57-1_zpsq99agir

• Like 1