Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

21 minutes ago, booho said:

Its only for me, or i feel the ending is quite realistic ? typical ending of adventure anime drama :dizzy:

its like u need a "movie" or season 2

Season 2 please,,, season 2 maybe the end of the year? Please... *Crossing fingers* 

• Like 4

Okay I need seungi in another drama fast so I can totally forget about this craptasticlly lazy ending. I think the worst part is that all the hard working and amazing cast was ruined by lazy uninspired writing. How can you write something with such a great premise and Richard Simmons it at the end. Open endings always show the laziness and no conviction on the part of the writers. It's the writers way of saying I don't know what the ending should be so I'll leave it up to the audiences imagination. You are getting paid to write the audience is not so do your job and don't Richard Simmons.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not circumvent swearing, thanks!
  • Like 5

I must say all actors are all great. All did their best;)

Now I can't imagine how am I supposed to not really ship OYS and LSG forever, they both find the best on-screen partner an actor could have. Their chemistry, the intense kiss, the undying love for each other. I want them to have their happy ending together.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

Season 2 is almost as if impossible in korea lmao and if they make one they will usually change cast 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just a special is all I need. I mean how about her prediction in her sec's daughter wedding?

I just hope to see Oh Gong create havoc in the land of the dead that they will make Seon Mi an immortal so he wont go to the land of the dead again. I would love to see that. The only consolation is that they didn't go the reincarnation route

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I feel like strangling hong sisters

my otp huhuhuhuhuhuhu

i don't want to be a delusional shippers but please date and get married already

this touchig love story became such a joke because of that one ending. Gonna take ep 19 morning scene as the ending. Enough said

Agreed!! if otp don’t really have happy ending in drama..Can they have REAL happy ending in real live.hehe.. Can’t control my shipper heart!! I will not watch hong sisters drama again!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, kdramafangirl29 said:

To calm myself, I'll just watch All the Butlers...

But I'm still mad and hurt!!!! :(

Now I try to heal my heart with Lee Seung Gi voice... I hear all his albums now. Actually I'm not Airen, but I just love LSG's voice and collect his songs... I hear Return again and again... Then And Goodbye...

Spoiler

Then later I will watch The King 2 Hearts and My Sassy Girl... I need something to heal quickly, it will be better if I found LSG came to wrap up party and have moments with OYS...

• Like 2

I just can't stop being disappointed. I'm still so stressed out, I want to re-watch the drama but only until ep16. Those eps are reaaally good. Then it starts declining when ASY came.  I'm having a love-hate relationship with this drama, I just can't make up my mind. 

• Like 2

Dear writer-nim,

You really gave us a really excellent drama. I never thought that I need LSG - OYS pairing in my life until you guys decided to make this drama and casted them together. Thank you for that and thank you for the story. I love their love story and the roller coaster drama you put in this drama. And for the ending...

tumblr_p52l87WOo01x1ecjho1_500.gif

Sincerely,

Me :tongue:

ps. I hope another drama or movie will cast LSG and OYS again together.

• Like 5
  • LOL 14

4 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

Just a special is all I need. I mean how about her prediction in her sec's daughter wedding?

Yes just another special episode please to show more scene and happy ending

• Like 5

But still thank you all for your lovely comments here and for helping me to survive all this suffering that has come from Hwayugi. ^_^

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Honestly, the underlining of the ending isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say it's a complete open ending, since it's hinting that SOG will definitely find SM and they'll become deities or whatever together. There's usually a bittersweetness to the ending itself when it's left open, but I think the bittersweetness doesn't lie in the ending of a fictional piece of work this time, but in the reality that it didn't live up to expectations. It's not the ending that's bittersweet, it's the audience that feels bittersweet about it, if that makes sense. I guess what i'm saying is, everyone needs to calm down, and then see the hope in the ending. 

I do get and appreciate that the ending stays true to SOG's character and the setup of 503 couple to fight together and obviously on their way to being deities. But at least they should've made an effort to show partly of it? I dont even mind if they made something as bad as the CG black dragon. Something like SOG came to underworld with shitty cave graphics and met eyes with SJ and gave assuring nods to each other lol

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

It seems most of the fans didn't like this ending but I liked it. It was a happy ending for me , we know he will bring her back and makes her immortal .

To be honest my girl friend is a gumiho had a really lame happy ending and I was afraid to see something like that again so I preferred a sad ending more than something like that but this one was much better .

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, sana82 said:

It seems most of the fans didn't like this ending but I liked it. It was a happy ending for me , we know he will bring her back and makes her immortal .

To be honest my girl friend is a gumiho had a really lame happy ending and I was afraid to see something like that again so I preferred a sad ending more than something like that but this one was much better .

yup for me i like it too, because the ending feeling is positive and really light, because this is a Journey to the west spin off story, i don;t have a high hope the ending is a happy ending like  son oh gong become human or samjang become deity , because in the real story of sun wu kong, they still have a "journey" until the end , he still a great sage, a deity from heaven

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

even tho' the ending was bad, but I did enjoy the drama at the begining until the middle, I did love out OTP and other characters, specialy General Frost and Fairy Ha. the OTP chemistry was amazing, the bromance was sweet, secretary Ma, and OJ loyalty was solid.

the cast did amazing job, their acting was flawless, I laugh and cried with them. 

thank you guys for all the translation, analysis, prediction and insights on every episode. I really enjoy reading all of them.

so, goodbye for now, and see you all in another drama, hopefully with a much better ending than this.

• Like 10