[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

31 minutes ago, corleone said:

hi all!!..I have been a silent reader all this while!! may I know something? under one of the BTS clips, there's one where SM was hiding behind uri SOG (wearing black vesace nyummm) and SM was pointing towards something the SOG drew fire on his hand.

This bts was after the episode where they had their 2nd wedding.

was that cut off too??

I think that one was only part of the promo for the drama, not an actual scene

• Like 3

3 hours ago, haymochi said:

only certain inetz fans( i don' t even know if  they realy watch the drama or just joining in just to hate) .

I won't mention the name of that certain  blog.. but those people there are usually like that.

even the blogger is very subjective, sometimes writing things like insulting the look of an actress. 

I think I know which blog you're referring to. I stopped following it several years ago because she made so many digs at my bias.

• Like 5

in my opinion, seon mi's choice to lay in the coffin and accept defeat at that time is quite understandable, and even natural. she was taken by surprise and was in a state of confusion. albeit being surrounded by the supernatural eversince her childhood, she is a human afterall. up to this point, she hasnt discovered any abilities that would let her fight back against powerful entities, and her knowing about the death bell and the fact that she can actually cause her love interest's death - its expected she wont call on son oh gong. 

I believe though that her character is a resilient and a survivor - it was established from the start. I think her time in the coffin will let her process evrything and ultimately she will choose to live. this experience may even lead to 2 possibilites: either she will finally feel sick and tired of all the supernatural and will decide to walk away from it all realizing that all it did to her was endanger her life. or, she will realize that its her/them who will decide on their fate and not the death bell and forge a stronger bond w/ oh gong. 

• Like 16

It is really a luxury watching these two act!  They are GREAT actor and actress in their own right! It is in the subtlety in their acting that made them great.

A simple "Yeah" or "ORR" tells so much....

You can feel the raw emotions when SOG said "ORR" in these scenes...

The scene when MG got stabbed - SOG is feeling remorse when he admitted to him wanting JSM to be dead. 

1518658200055.jpg

In this scene, SOG's "ORR" is an admission that he does like JSM. It's being vulnerable in front of her but he was quick to recover himself with the usual "because I love you"... You can sense that sincerity in that moment. 1518658246405.jpg

In this scene, when JSM was told that SOG caused her to be SJ. JSM asked SOG if what MW said was true. You can sense his pain, he doesn't want to hurt her but he doesn't want to lie too. So that "ORR" shows how torn he is and he knows he has to bear the consequences of her wrath but he still chose to be honest. See how he admit to the truth by looking away...

1518659025766.jpg

Spoiler

1518659030051.jpg

With JSM, her "ORR" is an admission to SOG of her fears and vulnerabilities with regard to their relationship. She makes you want to protect her feelings just like how SOG respond to her.... Only a great actresses can make me respond to the character! :wub:

Spoiler

1518831199069.jpg

1518831161785.jpg

Borrowing the words of JSM for the HWAYUGI team - I am spending my free time rewatching the scenes, reading soompi and blog reviews while waiting for a new episode of Hwayugi.... 

So please spare me.. the emotional roller coaster ride is real in this drama.. 

Spoiler

hygi_easy.jpg

Though it's hard, I am ENJOYING the drama alot especially watching LSG and OYS act! 

Spoiler

hygcrazy.jpg

Looking forward to tonight's episode!! 

Edited by stroppyse
Please put more than 3 images in a post in spoilers. Thanks.
  • Like 24

So the first still cut (the bed scene still cut) was took place in SM house, in SM's bed. This scene still being debated whether it's ASN in SM bodies or it's the real SM. Let's say if it ASN then we can guess this scene will not happen as the real bed scene we wish for. If it's the real SM then this scene will go on as we expected, and this bed scene will be  title as 'reunion bed scene after long time being apart' (because this is so far the longest parting of SM and OG)

Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo3.jpg

And looks like we gonna have another bed scene (lets call it 2nd bed scene) based on what the crew post, and based on how the crew pose to show how to make the bed scene) . This 2nd bed scene (in my guess) gonna take place in Sureumdong aka OG's bed after their wedding ceremony. 

JpMONgy7c4s.jpg

The 2nd bed scene maybe we can't see LSG with his silk and see through shirt which make his body curve being seen, but we can definitely see  this

*Pervert mind mode on* lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 13

More words in defence of why it’s understandable for JSM to go into The Coffin without a second thought. 

In an earlier episode, 2 perhaps, JSM was drawing money from the bank for her Uncle. First, no complaints from her why they were demanding money from her yet treated her like a jinx. Now Why would she not touch the money? She even asked the bank teller to put the money directly into the bag. That’s because she herself thought her abilities was a negative thing. And with her kindness, she would rather not touch the money than bring bad luck to others. And this is the kind of notion she has been having for years. Everyone told her so too. So it made total sense that once she found out she was going to be the one to bring bad luck, and in this case the worst kind of bad luck, to the one she loves and cherishes, of course she would sacrifice herself first. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 2

There are just too many things that sunmi doesn't know about the other world and what it takes to be samjang.

speaking rationally, getting married in human world can be ended by a divorce right? But in here she is making a very heavy  contract that OG binds her for eternity.

Although the world treats her coldly.. she still loves the world hence accepting her fate as it is. But to OG is different, the world isn't important... it's always  only her.

OG is so ready to burn /destroy the whole world if she ever dies. He said he goona fight the heaven too... he has forgotten that she is a mere human like Sunmi said "nothing last forever in our world"

it's intresting that these 2 never talk about their status as an immortal and mortal anymore cos at first it was very apparent when OG said that he is relieved that there will be an end to this GGG cos she is a human and gonna die. I don't think he can live without her now.. this is the first time seeing the Great Sage being so scared

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, haymochi said:

it's intresting that these 2 never talk about their status as an immortal and mortal anymore cos at first it was very apparent when OG said that he is relieved that there will be an end to this GGG cos she is a human and gonna die. I don't think he can live without her now.. this is the first time seeing the Great Sage being so scared

Imagine Oh Gong chasing away the grim reaper each time he comes for her. 

anyway I don’t get how being Sam Jang is a punishment. It’s not like anyone can be Sam Jang right? Imagine a bad guy who becomes Sam Jang. It doesn’t make sense. He or she would have used her or his power to make use of the demons to work for her to take over the world. Like “I’ll give you two drops of blood if you help me rob a bank?!”

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Hahahahaha... yes i think Sunmi's blood is powerful. It would be bad if it belongs to someone's bad.

I think being f a samjang is Sunmi's fate cos her heart is just so beautiful and selfless.

But i still think her life is so unlucky for being the chosen one. 

Esp if she has to be a sacrifice in the end

• Like 6
  • Sad 6

I'm currently living on the opposite end of the world from where I used to, and I don't know which is tougher, having to work through the day until the episode airs in the evening, or having to sleep until the episode airs in the morning.:sweat_smile:

So, some sleepless mind wanderings:

• I still want to know how Ma Wang learned that the GGG was activated with a kiss. We were given to believe that Secretary Ma found out by asking the Summer Fairy. But at that time the Winter General was staying awake to keep the little girl ghost company. 
    Hmm, maybe Secretary Ma asked via the Winter General talking with his sister through a mirror like in episode 14?
  • I like the Summer Fairy being friendly with Sun Mi, but I'm still unclear on some of her motives. Why did she discourage Sun Mi from believing Oh Gong when the Winter General froze the GGG? She told Sun Mi that it was impossible for the effects of the bracelet to be frozen, because she would immediately counteract her brother's powers. However, Soo Bo Ri had later spoken as if the Winter General had successfully frozen the bracelet for a short period of time. If that means the Summer Fairy lied to Sun Mi, why would she do so? To protect Sun Mi by keeping her from becoming too deeply involved with yogwe?
    I don't get the feeling that it was to protect Oh Gong from getting too deeply involved with a human after he had been betrayed by one before. Hooking him up with the bookseller akgwi is not a better alternative.
  • In episode 13, Soo Bo Ri said that he was currently undergoing punishment. So, did Oh Gong's crimes a thousand years ago result in Soo Bo Ri being punished as well as Oh Gong's teacher who failed to "guide" his student properly, and that's why he is acting as an emissary for the heavenly realm to earth instead of holding a loftier position?
  • I think there were some discussions back and forth awhile back about whether the spirit guarding the shinsu, sacred tree, was truly an akgwi. Whether the spirit was the tree itself or another spirit that came to reside on the tree, I think that it possibly started out as a good spirit, but then was slowly corrupted by the evil it was guarding for a thousand years. It still was carrying out its duty, but that is why its aura had turned black.
  • I'm glad that Sun Mi feels that it is okay to rely on Oh Gong's protection, whereas before she felt like an imposition on him, but I'd still like to know where her umbrella is. I can't imagine she would just throw it away after so many years. If she has a children, will they find it one day while "hunting for treasure" in the storage closet?
  • Glad to see that new doctor character who I'm guessing will help fill us in on the Hwayugi version of what happened in Oh Gong's past. I wonder which character from JTTW served as the inspiration...?
  • If Oh Gong and Sun Mi get married as planned -and are both still living in the human realm- where will they live? Sun Mi's rooftop house, the mansion that Oh Gong co-owns, or Sureumdong? I guess Sun Mi's, but Oh Gong will still use that luxurious bathtub at the mansion, since he can teleport... and it'd be an excuse to go bug Ma Wang.

Hmm,  I've reached the point of pondering bathtub usage. I had better go to sleep. :sweat_smile:

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

Lee Seung Gi And Oh Yeon Seo Tearfully Embrace In Upcoming Episode Of “Hwayugi”

Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo.jpg

vN’s “Hwayugi” has revealed a new glimpse of its upcoming episode!

In newly released stills from the drama, Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo shed tears as they share a passionate embrace. One of the photos shows Lee Seung Gi looking desperate as he proffers an outstretched hand in her direction; in another, he clutches tightly to Oh Yeon Seo as if afraid to let go.

Intriguingly, Oh Yeon Seo is dressed in ancient wedding attire in the photos, sparking further curiosity as to what exactly has the two lovers so distraught.

According to the production staff, the two actors were unusually serious during the filming of the emotional scene. Although typically bubbly and energetic on set, both Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo were uncharacteristically quiet during rehearsals as they attempted to immerse themselves in the world of the drama.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/16/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-tearfully-embrace-upcoming-episode-hwayugi/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, larus said:

In newly released stills from the drama, Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo shed tears as they share a passionate embrace. One of the photos shows Lee Seung Gi looking desperate as he proffers an outstretched hand in her direction; in another, he clutches tightly to Oh Yeon Seo as if afraid to let go.

Intriguingly, Oh Yeon Seo is dressed in ancient wedding attire in the photos, sparking further curiosity as to what exactly has the two lovers so distraught.

According to the production staff, the two actors were unusually serious during the filming of the emotional scene. Although typically bubbly and energetic on set, both Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo were uncharacteristically quiet during rehearsals as they attempted to immerse themselves in the world of the drama.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/16/lee-seung-gi-oh-yeon-seo-tearfully-embrace-upcoming-episode-hwayugi/

No!!!! I don’t like the sound of them being uncharacteristically quiet, so, major, major emotions and probably angst involved, which usually signify tears from me as well as the actors. Perhaps it will be a big fight with OG convinving SM to fight fate and the heavens while she is fearful of possibly causing OG’s death?  I actually can see both points of view, but I think they’re stronger together than alone. Plus OG has a history of thumbing his nose at the heavens and doing exactly what he wants anyway. :D 

25 minutes ago, Zelda said:

I'm currently living 

So, some sleepless mind wanderings:

• I still want to know how Ma Wang learned that the GGG was activated with a kiss. We were given to believe that Secretary Ma found out by asking the Summer Fairy. But at that time the Winter General was staying awake to keep the little girl ghost company. 
    Hmm, maybe Secretary Ma asked via the Winter General talking with his sister through a mirror like in episode 14?
  • I like the Summer Fairy being friendly with Sun Mi, but I'm still unclear on some of her motives. Why did she discourage Sun Mi from believing Oh Gong when the Winter General froze the GGG? She told Sun Mi that it was impossible for the effects of the bracelet to be frozen, because she would immediately counteract her brother's powers. However, Soo Bo Ri had later spoken as if the Winter General had successfully frozen the bracelet for a short period of time. If that means the Summer Fairy lied to Sun Mi, why would she do so? To protect Sun Mi by keeping her from becoming too deeply involved with yogwe?
    I don't get the feeling that it was to protect Oh Gong from getting too deeply involved with a human after he had been betrayed by one before. Hooking him up with the bookseller akgwi is not a better alternative.
  • In episode 13, Soo Bo Ri said that he was currently undergoing punishment. So, did Oh Gong's crimes a thousand years ago result in Soo Bo Ri being punished as well as Oh Gong's teacher who failed to "guide" his student properly, and that's why he is acting as an emissary for the heavenly realm to earth instead of holding a loftier position?
  • I think there were some discussions back and forth awhile back about whether the spirit guarding the shinsu, sacred tree, was truly an akgwi. Whether the spirit was the tree itself or another spirit that came to reside on the tree, I think that it possibly started out as a good spirit, but then was slowly corrupted by the evil it was guarding for a thousand years. It still was carrying out its duty, but that is why its aura had turned black.
  • I'm glad that Sun Mi feels that it is okay to rely on Oh Gong's protection, whereas before she felt like an imposition on him, but I'd still like to know where her umbrella is. I can't imagine she would just throw it away after so many years. If she has a children, will they find it one day while "hunting for treasure" in the storage closet?
  • Glad to see that new doctor character who I'm guessing will help fill us in on the Hwayugi version of what happened in Oh Gong's past. I wonder which character from JTTW served as the inspiration...?
  • If Oh Gong and Sun Mi get married as planned -and are both still living in the human realm- where will they live? Sun Mi's rooftop house, the mansion that Oh Gong co-owns, or Sureumdong? I guess Sun Mi's, but Oh Gong will still use that luxurious bathtub at the mansion, since he can teleport... and it'd be an excuse to go bug Ma Wang.

Hmm,  I've reached the point of pondering bathtub usage. I had better go to sleep. :sweat_smile:

I had assumed that it could be another day that has passed and indeed secretary Ma got her information from summer fairy. 

There are times I thought that the summer fairy may be jealous of Jin Sun mi? Afterall she was a love interest of Son oh gong. And how could the one fairy whom SOG was very interested in and whom found to the most beautiful, love someone else?

my theory about the spirit guarding the tree to be a demon. And ah san Nyeo is so powerful and frightful that everyone in all the realms are happy for her to be imprisoned under the tree. So it doesn’t matter who Guards the tree, as Long as ASN doesn’t come out. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, larus said:

Where is that usually bubbly and energetic on set bts then??? Hmmph....

I bet this reunion will be the last few minutes of ep 15 continuing on with sad songs. I can imagine me sobbing pathetically already

@madinked Summer fairy being jealous of Sunmi? I hope not. She seems like a sweetheart and Sunmi seems to share a lot with her.  The bromance is love but I hope they show more sisterhood btw sunmi-buja-summer fairy too.

• Like 9