Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

https://instagram.com/p/BfPy3i0g1Fv/

Another pic of hwayugi fliming of samjang with the little boy.

I actually feel that Sunmi still looks so pretty with tied hair and black clothes...

it's her character trademark  and she is staying true to her character so i won't complain..

• Like 16

Oh my. What a sight to wake up to. :wub: I love the stills so much that I am going to stare at them and at this till the episode airs.

Untitled.gif

I can be productive after the show ends. It's no problem. :flushed:

@briseis Thank you so much for pointing out the partiality of some viewers who bash JSM for the same thing that they hail SOG for. I just can't with this thinking anymore. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, shaundsheep said:

I wonder the one who do that bed scene with ASN is the monkey minion. Son yook gong or son pal gong perhaps?

so ASN got tricked by SOG twice :D

Wouldn't that destroy the whole set up of SOG pretending not to know she is ASN in JSM's body? I doubt the writers will pull the same trick again. It's imperative that ASN remains clueless, until SOG figures out how to remove her from JSM's body.

I am still unable to make sense with SOG pretending to seduce/be seduced by ASN in JSM's body. But let me play the devils advocate here. Perhaps it's a way of exchanging souls? Maybe he intends to kill her instead?

More than the exchanging of souls, I am worried about what sharing JSM's body implies. Does it mean ASN can easily enter JSM's body in the future? She seems to have easily gone back into BJ's body instead of finding a new body to possess. Does she get a connection when she takes over somebody's body? Did JSM become a horcrux of ASN? Since some of ASN's abilities are tranferred to JSM, does it mean she will be able to see when ASN plans or does something very evil? Is that how JSM will see ASN opening the hells door? And is that why SOG will have to kill JSM because she holds a part of ASN's life/abilities inside and that needs to be destroyed for ASN to be truly killed? Ah so many questions. I am so glad it's Friday.

• Like 18
  • LOL 1

@YourHighness .Your theory is so on engaging, i would like the story to be like the way you wrote.

I also believe Sunmi will def share that ability to foresee the future hence her sacrifice is necessary.

However someone wrote that Sunmi's power is not her blood or whatever but her human heart which no demon could ever have. A pure heart with faith and love that will defeat all the evils

• Like 14

Lmao since the kissing scene in ep13, most people turn into byuntaes tsk tsk tsk B)-_-B)

People can repost the gif and pics thousand of times and my heart always  goes weak ..

Every time i rewatch an episode, there will be lots of new things that i want to say haha 

Sunmi  and Oh Gong , these two lovebirds are just the same. So i don't get the bashing Sunmi  that got..

Her sacrifice to be sealed is the same as OG decided to wear the GGG so he can be killed.  

He never thoughy about the impact for Sunmi if she ends up killing him while she never thought about the impact of her choosing to be sealed forever in order not to hurt him eithee

The diff is that Sunmi can't break tables or have the rights get angry at Soo Boori  and heaven? Don't forget that she is just a special human being who is made to be a sacrificial lamb. 

Not a special human being in terms of having power to protect herself against supernatural beings.

• Like 17

We all know that Ansanyeo claims SunMi’s body and appeared in front  of Son Oh Gong (0:06 in preview). Of course the great sage knew it, and because of that, he decided to play along to deceive the priestess, However Ansanyeo see through Oh Gong lies and she use SunMi’s body (@ 0:26) to challenge the monkey king. On the verge of losing his control MW suggested him to find the incense burner to exchange the two souls back. But no matter how hard Oh Gong does, can’t find find general winter who has the burner. Then in order to help separate summer fairy’s soul, Oh Gong will summon summer fairy’s spirit. General winter will be free from Ansanyeo’s hold once his sister soul separated from his body. 

I got the above content while randomly reading comments in YouTube. Since lately my week routine start from preview to the next preview. Then in between previews spoiler to another spoiler.  A repetitive cycle but its me whenever I love one drama :D.  Anyway, back to the preview, Maybe Son Oh Gong found SunMi. @ 0:10 the hand that touched the coffin, that’s Oh Gong. If it’s him, then the great sage really kept his word of protecting SunMi despite of their ill fated love.

• Like 15

The hand that is touching the coffin does not have GGG on it, so it can’t be OhGong. I suspect it is Prof Kang, waiting for ASN to come look for him as promised/threatened.

• Like 8

My goal this week is to watch ep 1 and 2 to relive the moments pre-GGG, when the great monkey himself unconsciously relentlessly watching over our Sunmi (only to say that it was the GGG's doing! :D )

It was like Emack&Bolio's tower ice cream on a hot summer's day for me.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

My goal this week is to watch ep 1 and 2 to relive the moments pre-GGG, when the great monkey himself unconsciously relentlessly watching over our Sunmi (only to say that it was the GGG's doing! :D )

I'm actually doing the same thing to relieve my stress and tomorrow is def  going to be a supee long wait till night time... phew

When you rewatch , there are just lots of new poignant discoveries that you want to point out haha

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

I'm actually doing the same thing to relieve my stress and tomorrow is def  going to be a supee long wait till night time... phew

When you rewatch , there are just lots of new poignant discoveries that you want to point out haha

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

The hand that is touching the coffin does not have GGG on it, so it can’t be OhGong. I suspect it is Prof Kang, waiting for ASN to come look for him as promised/threatened.

You might be right but his arm was extended or positioned downward, naturally the suit/long sleeves will covered the entire arm including his wrist. Unless if raised upward or raised mid half of the body. Anyway it’s just my speculation :).

• Like 7

9 hours ago, astrobooy said:

@aunniek, the article in this link seems to basically be a lift out of the good parts of the article you asked me to translate. :) So the below is just a quick summary of things mostly not covered by the soompi article.

The Korean article talks about the 19 rating worthy stills showing the bed scene, and goes into the background of the drama as well as OG and SM’s romance. It also refers to OG and SM as the Geumganggo Couple, btw.

It talks about the developments in the last episode of how OG and SM had ascertained their feelings for each other and even agreed to marry, and then the interference by ASN to switch her soul with SM’s.

It then goes on to describe the stills, noting that it’s causing a ton of reaction and curiosity among viewers of what the scene actually is since SM is normally so reserved but now seems to be made up with dark eye makeup and red lips and looking lustfully at OG, who in turn is staring intently at SM while stroking her cheek looking like the perfect romantic partner. There is speculation as to whether this is really SM really taking their relationship to the next level or a plot twist. 

They then note that this is the first time that LSG and OYS have had a scene with such serious skinship, but like the veteran actors they are, they treated each other normally on the set, teasing and joking with each other. The article also notes that OYS who had to show a much more aggressive behaviour also worked it out with the director and LSG. However, as soon as the camera started rolloing, LSG transformed to show the charisma of Oh Son Gong while OYS showed a Ji Seon Mi who had become 180 degrees different than to the usual Jin Seon Mi that she had been portraying, eliciting admiration from the staff and making for a smooth shoot.

I actually thought the last bit of the article which differentiated the actors from the characters was nice. Regardless of where the story goes, it is still OYS who has to depict the different souls as well as changes in behaviour and character that is happening within SM’s body. :) 

I’m really looking forward to the next episode to see whether it is really SM in bed with OG, or some mindplay from ASN. I’m still hoping it is SM, and that SM and OG get to be together again whether there is an actual bed scene or not.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

Written preview and translation but @stroppyse can you help clear if ASN comes to know that SOG is onto her?

4 hours ago, haymochi said:

@YourHighness .Your theory is so on engaging, i would like the story to be like the way you wrote.

I also believe Sunmi will def share that ability to foresee the future hence her sacrifice is necessary.

However someone wrote that Sunmi's power is not her blood or whatever but her human heart which no demon could ever have. A pure heart with faith and love that will defeat all the evils

Oh I agree. JSM's power is her ability to love. Her pure heart. Just like Harry Potter's greatest weapon against Voldemort was love. There's so many similarities Harry-Voldemort and JSM-ASN. The connection through the sharing of their minds/body. Just like JSM's blood woke up ASN, Harry's blood was used to give Voldemort a body. Which is why I think JSM's blood and sacrifice may be needed to send ASN back to her grave and to close the hells door.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

The more I think about it I see the beginning of the bed scene with ASN and somehow SM soul comes back right then cue very embarrassed shy SM and very Frustrated Monkey. It will be played for humor :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

7 hours ago, dvrels said:

The soompi article about the newest still cut. This part of the article really make me feel happy and funny at the same time hahaha

"Since this was the first time Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo filmed a romantic scene to this degree, the actors were reportedly shy while filming. When the two actors showed up on set, they playfully joked around with one another to set a friendly mood for the scene. Because she had to be more aggressive, Oh Yeon Seo brainstormed with Lee Seung Gi and the director to coordinate the scene. When filming began, Lee Seung Gi showed off his charisma while Oh Yeon Seo transformed into a sultry girlfriend."

I wonder what jokes did they make before this bed scene and how shy they are before making this scene :D

I'm not surprised that even LSG was shy because his only romantic scene involving a bed scene was the one in King 2 Hearts and this is how it literally went frame by frame. It was so tame even for kdrama that in 2012 when it was airing the fandom wasn't 100% sure that the OTP slept together until the news of miscarrige broke out on TV two episodes later. This "bed" scene in Hwayugi, even if it won't go all the way, is on a completely different level.

fyg1Kfd.pngvgoICR8.png6wMZ4Q1.png

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, briseis said:

I'm not surprised that even LSG was shy because his only romantic scene involving a bed scene was the one in King 2 Hearts and this is how it literally went frame by frame. It was so tame even for kdrama that in 2012 when it was airing the fandom wasn't 100% sure that the OTP slept together until the news of miscarrige broke out on TV two episodes later. This "bed" scene in Hwayugi, even if it won't go all the way, is on a completely different level.

King2Hearts is fave of miiiinnnneee and I stanned Ji Won eonnie longer than Seungi (whom I started to stan after the drama) BUT DAMMNNNNNNNN THE SCENE WITH OYS IS SO PROVOCATIVE HOW TO SURVIVE THE EPISODE WITHOUT SUBS. HOW TO SURVIVE WWWIIITH SUBS 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11

I love how the information we get of the scenes filming is that LSG and OYS are really considerate and discuss things and then the BTS is all about Mawang, SMH.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Written preview and translation but @stroppyse can you help clear if ASN comes to know that SOG is onto her?

Yes, the written preview says that ASN realizes OG is acting and thus onto her, and tries to hide SM’s body. I wonder if this is when ASN goes back into BJ’s body and goes to reclaim the sarcophagus in order to hide SM’s body for awhile. 

I’m still hoping that SM wakes up and starts fighting, ...starting with wrestling OG into taking thier relationship to the next level. :D Okay, okay, I’ll settle for SM waking up and giving OG a big hug. :) 

16 minutes ago, akoomy said:

I love how the information we get of the scenes filming is that LSG and OYS are really considerate and discuss things and then the BTS is all about Mawang, SMH.

I actually wonder if this is the production being respectful rather than dismissive? I haven’t watched a lot of OYS or LSG dramas before, but either one could be reticent about having a BTS shot while they’re filming. I know that LSG is in other BTS clips, but the ones with LSG and OYS tend to be more flirty, teasing, romantic in nature, and they may be shy about agreeing to those BTS. Or OYS may just be shy about being in the BTS. While the BTS are great for fan service, I can imagine that not every actor/actress might be comfortable about them.

This is purely my speculation, btw, since the articles about OYS have been consistently positive.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4