[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

6 minutes ago, madinked said:

Yah but my point is not who depicts ASN better. 

Since LSY already portrayed ASN in a way, and the viewers saw that first, then there needs to be a continuation. My point here is OYS is portraying her own version of ASN. 

From how I see it, ASN gained more confidence and liveliness since everything was going her way and she made it into SJ’s (keyword:human) body compared to when she was in Buja’s (zombie) body and didn’t know how things would turn out. So yeah there is a continuation, but that’s my two cents.

• Like 16

It might sound crazy, but I really enjoyed today's episode. This episode was full of ASY and very little JSM but I really love OYS and LSG relationship in today's episode. It totally different feels with OG and SJ but OYS and LSG still showed different kind of chemistry. 

OYS was really good on portraying the wickedness of ASY. I appriciate LSY's ASY, she did a great job differentiate BuJa and ASY, but sorry because of my biasness, I prefer OYS's crazy and OG obsessed ASY. :D

Because she was possessed by ASY, we got a lot of LSG and OYS skinship today. hahaha.. 

And OYS's reactions when she was in SunMi's office and getting annoyed, it was so HongNan-ish.. :D

All of the actors did a great job today. They deserved higher and higher rating :heart:

Btw, what happened to MW's son? 

• Like 19
  • Sad 1

I believe if you look at it this way, ASN wanted to manipulate SM's body in order to have OG. So OYS had to act even crazier or differently because of ASN's desire and wish to be SJ. ASN got her wish for the moment so there you go. 

LSY portrayal of ASN is different because ASN just needs someone's body. She didn't desire Buja's body but since she was in the coffin first then ASN just had to use her. 

Both OYS and LSY are great versatile actresses so let's leave it there. :)

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

It might sound crazy, but I really enjoyed today's episode. This episode was full of ASY and very little JSM but I really love OYS and LSG relationship in today's episode. It totally different feels with OG and SJ but OYS and LSG still showed different kind of chemistry. 

OYS was really good on portraying the wickedness of ASY. I appriciate LSY's ASY, she did a great job differentiate BuJa and ASY, but sorry because of my biasness, I prefer OYS's crazy and OG obsessed ASY. :D

Because she was possessed by ASY, we got a lot of LSG and OYS skinship today. hahaha.. 

All of the actors did a great job today. They deserved higher and higher rating :heart:

I feel like LSY is cute and they are like OG+Sunmi daughter haha.. adorbs

so when she was sitting on OG lap it rubbed me the wrong way lmao

but OYS as ASN and LSG chemistry is hot and sexy af *fanning myself*

the way OYS copied Sunmi's way of talking and going back to being ASN is so good 

ASN always wanted Samjang's body while she is annoyed that she is stuck in a rotten body (Poor Buja... uurgh).  She is also happy that she got the body which she can seduce OG too.. feels like she owned the world.

tonight was spoiled with hotness overload and there's not a single scene of otp scene in the preview

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Also, I think the body she's possessing can affect how she feels to some extent, like when she was in BJ's body, she was affected by PK and BJ's love for him. And since BJ's still there, she's not fully crazy ASN.

ASN in SM's body can be one of this two,

one, since SM's asleep, and without BJ's feelings affecting her like in BJ's body, there was nothing holding her craziness back.

two, since SM loves OG, OG affect her more now, not PK, so her desire grows stronger in SM's body and got more obsessive with OG.

Either way, OYS is amazing. I repeat, OYS is AMAZING. And so is LSY.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

And OYS's reactions when she was in SunMi's office and getting annoyed, it was so HongNan-ish.. :D

OMG those who would say that OYS's acting sucks...screw them. She is one of the most versatile actresses I know so far and this is me saying that sinceI love Ha Ji Won too (who is crazily versatile) I wish to see her in an action/thriller drama

Anyway, OSY and LSG have crazy chemistry OMG. I cannot wait for tomorrow, how to live? :'(

• Like 13

2 hours ago, moreenke said:

ASN : Ok, we still have a lot of time. We are going to get married. You're not going to do it (the wedding) ?

SOG : I will. I will do it with my one and only bride in the world.

I put this (?) next to the sentences I'm not sure of. My korean is not exact but I hopeit will help. ^^

Sooo intense. I can feel that if SOG can express his true feelings and cares about nothing in the world, he would have cracked her jaw open right then and there. Just knowing that an evil soul is taking over your bride's body and takes over her life must have made his blood boil (but who wouldn't?)

Well played, LSG & OYS!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

OYS totally slayed today , yass queen of versatility ! I'm pretty sure OYS was directed to potray ASN like that and she didn't just randomly decide to act like that on her own lol and besides ASN finally 'got' SJ's body and OG so of course she'd be a little over the top. The entire cast is so talented, I love them all and OYS/LSG have such brilliant natural chemistry and they pull off both sweet and sexy scenes so effortlessly. 

Also I'm kinda bummed that MW's kid is allegedly male, I really wanted it to be SM so that MW could regret treating her like crap and obviously because of the hilarity that would ensue when he realises that the nutjob is his son in law :D

• Like 13

Since OYS usually take different roles each time so i'm hoping to see her act as a crazy richard simmons for her next project 

Poor Buja. If OG can save his only

bride i hope PK could save Buja too. It's obvious that he loves her more than just a dongsaeng...

One thing i hope: no more noble idiocy.  Bur glad that Hong sisters seems to resolve each story within one ep...

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Wotad said:

ASN needs to go. 

I have not watched for a while i prefer to watch in bulk but is LeeSeungGI hypnotized here or what? hes kissing a fake . 

From what I see, it was a trap. Imagine if you have a giant super glue on the bed. You need to press ASN's body real hard onto the bed (hence the kiss) to make her really stick there so that she wont go around and make more damage. Unlike SOG, she cannot teleport to free herself.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

From what I see, it was a trap. Imagine if you have a giant super glue on the bed. You need to press ASN's body real hard onto the bed (hence the kiss) to make her really stick there so that she wont go around and make more damage. Unlike SOG, she cannot teleport to free herself.

i see so when he kissed her she was like stuck there? 

• Like 2

Lyrics Translations

Don't say anything

Aren't we here together in this moment

Don't try to run away

Because this love is destined

In my heart, which is unknown

I'm sorry, I believe you

Like destiny, Always, I'll be by your side

Like this, my everything

The only person I can give it all to

Even if the world is destroyed, just you

Because I love you

Inside the time, which is unknown

It's ok, trust me

Like destiny, Always, I'll be by your side

Like this, my everything

The only person I can give it all to

Even if the world is destroyed, just you

Because I love you

Forever by your side

Will I always be able to protect you

Even if the world is destroyed

I'll stay here

Because I love you

Always you

OMG THESE LYRICS. IT'S OG'S FEELINGS FOR SM. :bawling: TOO BEAUTIFUL. THIS DRAMA HAS THE BEST OST EVER. EVERY SINGLE OST IS GOOD. EVEN THE BG INSTRUMENTALS.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Wotad said:

ASN needs to go. 

I have not watched for a while i prefer to watch in bulk but is LeeSeungGI hypnotized here or what? hes kissing a fake . 

As I understood the scene...

First OG tried to give her wine - she didn´t want it - very well aware that OG might plan something to not marry her in the end.... after that OG wanted to lit the candles - again he was stopped. Gosh - she knows all the magican tricks. So - OG himself took a sip of water -acting frustrated - and it looks like he has no trick left. Than the kiss - and the witch looked happy like she finaly won - but in real there was a poison  in the water and when OG kissed her - he poisend her and let her fall asleep.

Wow - what a kiss - but the passion we feel might come from his anger too... He had to kiss her to trick her in the end. He did not liked it - but it worked.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

As I understood the scene...

First Og tried to give her wine - she didn´t want it - very well aware that OG might plan something to not marry her in the end.... after that OG wanted to lit the candles - again he was stopped. Gosh - she knows all the magican tricks. So - OG himself took a sip of water -acting frustrated - and it looks like he has no trick left. Than the kiss - and the witch looked happy like she finaly won - but in real theres was a potion in the water and when OG kissed her - he poisend her and let her fall asleep.

Wow - what a kiss - but the passion whe feel might come from his anger too... He had to kiss her to trick her in the end. He did not liked it - but it worked.

Wow so that was it. I thought it was some kind of super glue magic that made her unable to move. Hahaha. Poison is the right way to go, obviously.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

my wildest speculation about the plot : think everything Start with Mawang and the Iron Fan, maybe heaven knows that their baby still alive the baby carry human soul, demon and goddess ( fiuuh ) the baby maybe hidden from time to time reincarnated or something like the mother ( my thoughts goes to the president candidate his grandma also spooky) , ASN fate is to awake and become the deadly combo to open the hell gate, heaven also have their combo weapon Oh Gong  and Soen Mi, i think Soen Mi also destined to be samjang since the day she was born and Oh Gong destined to protect her , about Oh Gong coming to protect Soen Mi is already told by SM grandmother Spirit, she said don't worry he will come and protect you, and her journey becoming samjang begin since she set Oh Gong Free. Oh gong is not easy to tame, heaven need some tools to tame him, yes GGG, again only Soburi knows about this GGG plan, GGG is like a bonus also a punishment for Oh gong rebellious act towards heaven. i think the GGG wont go off once its activated, no one can take it off because is  sealed  their Love fate ( how Romantic ), as for the death bell is the symbol that they are carrying the death task to save mankind closing the hell gate on earth. Mawang only know a little about this and that, all he care about to free oh gong and use him to gain Points to become god, he didn't realize the bigger plan is already set by heaven long a go ( rolling thunder .. LOL ) OMOOOO look at me blabbering with my own imagination, and craving for eps 16 Badly :confounded:

Spoiler

• Like 12