[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for the explanation. :wub:This doesn't surprise me because of the huge painting in MW's room. Notice that her picture is so big and there is no room for anyone else. This illustrates his love for her but also how self-centered they were. Now, I am even more inclined to think that SOG and SJ's love should be seen as the opposite of the other couple MW and his wife. While SJ will do anything to save people, WM's wife did the opposite. I can even imagine that SJ will be even willing to sacrifice herself in order to save the world. I guess, for that she will be rewarded and become a deity. Maybe MW is forced to work with SOG and SJ in order to realize what their wrongdoings were and how real love should be: selfless and pure. Untill now, MW hasn't changed one bit, whereas SOG is now a different person: selfless, devoted to SJ and very protective of SJ. Since SJ is so pure, she can change his true personality (a bad person) and turn him into a decent god. Notice that MW is not really interested in becoming a good person, he just wants to become a deity out of selfish reason.    

I agree 100% SOG and JSM's love is opposite of MW and his wife's. SOG is a bit selfish in love where he would rather watch the world burn but loose JSM but IMO she is already teaching him slowly how love should be selfless.

That is a good point. Maybe learning selfless love is the point of him working with SOG and JSM. Which makes me wonder now. Was heavens fooling him about the points? He is selfish and has no qualities of a deity. He is not even trying to hide it. Do only points matter in being a deity? Can ANYONE become a deity just by gathering the necessary points? Aren't the qualities necessary too? It makes no sense that only gathering points, that too with trickery through SOG and JSM, would make him a deity.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I don't want to predict because it's useless as i'm always wrong

isn't it scary? What if OG is the one who is supposed to die . Knowing this she will def change hee fate to be the killed one :confounded:

oh and i don't want Samjang soul

to be taken.

just stop it already writer-nim!!!!! 

They will need to do stronger 'activation' again after this

If SM knows Oh Gong is gonna die instead of her so she choose to exchange their fate, isn't she need Oh Gong to stand infront of the urn (just like MW did)? Oh Gong will never agree with that, he will definitely refuse to stand in the procession of changing fate.

So in the preview, ASN said her memory and SJ memory slowly exchanging, that is scary, seriously what will happen to SM and OG if the ASN and SJ exchange complete? 

Anyway ep 14 gonna air tomorrow right?

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

44 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

I don't like where this is going. If the gods know something or sees the future, why not do something about it soon. If gates of hell will be opened, then they need to send their own army to fight them. Why just use SJ as the savior when she doesn't know what to do? Someone needs to guide her. For real.

lol but that's where gods come into the picture no..

the gates of hell have to open .. for all to seek that ultimate savior (humans, monsters...all).. and that's when GOD makes the grand appearance..

( i take these digs on god when i get my opportunity.. its awesome to be a real god.. not like heavenly being..but the true ultimate god )

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, larus said:

On February 10, “Hwayugi” released the full version of Hwang Chi Yeol’s OST for the drama, “Like a Miracle (Someday).” In the accompanying video are scenes of the love story between Oh Yeon Seo and Lee Seung Gi‘s characters.

Although there is as much heartbreak as romance in the video, the lyrics dream of a possible miracle that could happen between two people who love one another.

This OST gives me hope that our OTP will end up well. 

And that even Soo Bo Ri seems to be bending the rules to help OTP (after all his promotion will be in jeopardy if something happens to SJM). 

And yes it'll be great if deities learn to love selflessly but till date all the sky dudes seem to care about is punishing SOG. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, lucresse said:

do y'all really like this? I've been wanting to watch it but been very busy and stuff

personally i really liked it..

but over period of time the schedule has become more like - watch live (which fair amount i won't understand), read ths thread for translations (we get gist of important scenes), next day dramabeans recap (which is about 17-18 hours after raw released) .. and then another day later subs..

so by the time subs come out.. i have lost interest in watching subbed episode...

as a result.. the continuity breaks.. like i love it.. but if i were watching subbed like other regular dramas.. i'd be hyperventilating :)

• Like 3

Title - LSY, The result of changing souls with OYS is?! (ASN Please stop.)

SM: Since I'm also wearing this now, I'll protect you.

OG: You really can't see anything?

MW: The world has gone dark...

ASN: From now on, the fate(? or smth like that) of SJ and me will slowly switch. (OMG WHAT NOOOOOOOOO ITS MW'S FAULTTTT)

SM: We have a predetermined destiny. (OMG THEY'RE ON BED!!!!!! BED SCENE! BED SCENE! BED SCENE!)

OG: This is a new contract of SJ and me. (MARRIAGE CONTRACT? :wub:)

ASN: Who said it'll be taken away. (She meant "I didn't say I'll take it away.")

SM: I won't let it be taken. (YES TELL HER THAT)

DS: If it's not Ha Fairy, it must be General Dong.

OG: Call me JSM.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN CHANGE SOULS???? WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENIGGGGGGG JUST GIVE ME A BREAK AND LET ME BE HAPPY FOR ONCE. I THOUGHT THIS DRAMA WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FANTASY ROM-COM SO WHAT IS WITH ALL THIS HEARTBREAKING TRAGEDY EVERY WEEK. THIS IS STRESSING ME OUT SO BADLY.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 8

OG words "Just hold me tight. Then we'll be safe" :wub: hope both OG and SM keep it in mind as reminder that they need to hold on to each other to avoid them sacrifice to save one another.

12 minutes ago, kjesin said:

OG: It's important. This and this are a match but if you try to match this with that, of course you won't be able to close it. Isn't that why you're angry?

Sorry for cutting your post.

What OG said not only for this scene but it's like a reminder of what will happen in the future, Samjang need to match everything as it has to, so she can close the hell gate 

• Like 12

Why oh why?? They gave us a kiss scene on this episode but then gave us a heartbreaking ending,, ㅠ.ㅠ

I'm too scared to watch the next episode, i don't want to be heartbroken again and have to wait for another week..

Oh writer-nim, please give us one happy ending for next week episode, so we could wait for another week in happiness and joy.. 

• Like 7

never imagine that, Gen. Frost will

be the one who betrays OG.. :frown:

he's such a calm and wise character, but I guess Gen Frost and ASN have a history 1000 years ago..

if ASN and SJ switch fate, then the one who is fated to killed or be killed by OG could also be switch to ASN then?

• Like 5

ha! nice twist to death bell..

Based on eng subs of ep 14 preview:

1. SJ-ASN fate will slowly change? - that means ha ha ha death bell fate will go to her.. and well the fate was meant for oh gong to kill sunmi... I am happy

2. Why is patriarch lying dead..in the scene where MW loses his eyesight

Well i just hope the death bell fate gets executed before they throw ASN out from sunmi's body.. so that that part of fate will have complete status and can't come back to haunt anyone

• Like 6

@immortal_piglet @Ade Noveeanthy 

By now you would have realised that watching Hwayugi is like taking an emotional roller coaster ride!!

We are excited with the lovey-dovey scenes (which is like a roller coaster climbing to the peak of the track)....  Then we are given the most heart-wrenching and agonising scenes (which is similar to the riller coaster plunging down from the peak) 

Whether it is lovey-dovey or agonising scenes... They do not last long but they do come  together.... That's what make this drama so special for me...

@kjesin thanks for the translations...

I really loved the scene - the lid let's close it together... The dialogue has so many layers... About how he and Ansanyeo do not match, how he and SM are a match, how they need to work together to brave whatever storm together...  How SM finally showed how much SOG meant to her....  How SOG knows how to make SM her less frustrated by giving her a big hug (how the two matching box and lid are finally closed)

There are many such sweet scenes that I can replay to reduce the agony that will come in the next few weeks!

• Like 19