[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

4 hours ago, immortal_piglet said:

Scrolled through weibo again n saw the chinese translation for the ep 14 text preview. From what i understand:

1. In exchange for nachal’s reincarnation, MW loses his eyesight

2. During this time, ASN makes use of Winter god to swap the incense burner and attempts to switch souls with SJ

3. Seeing that SJ suddenly has the ability to predict the future, OG has a bad premonition 

4. SJ, who is determined to marry OG, meets ASN in her dreams. ASN tells SJ that the bell is a death bell and threatens SJ.

5. Fearing that she may really possibly kill OG, SJ follows ASN’s instructions and chooses to be sealed in the coffin

I'm so frustrated at no.5... uuurgh. I know this noble idiocy might come sooner or later . She promised to stay by OG forecer so this is breaking the contract. I guess all of them are selfish regarding their loves one... she has a mission to save the world and being sealed in the coffin means she lets the world get destroyed  just so OG won't die 

and Gen Frost, i hope your sister smacked your head real hard later on. How can he betray SOG???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He put  samjang in extreme danger 

Another new  power that Samjang have. She can see the future.....

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Were the demons tricked by ASN?

Powerful man to get married to, it 's not what she only wanted.

In the end she wants Samjang's blood cos apparently it's still the most powerful thing.

Hmmm....

I guess it's true that this time ASN is more similar to human aka samjang, maybe it's time for Samjang to face her opponent.

What's with OG making the death bell disappear ? Doesn't it mean that he is defying the God? Won't he get punished for this?

Mawang is too impatient . Him doing this will only make him lose point.. no?

Will the God lets him beocme a deity with such selfish reason? 

That’s why i really pray for a twist in JSM tomorrow, as it now it is clear that her opponent is ASN and she will hold the key to beat her..the question is what’s her power? 

I mean, based on the text preview it is said that she suddenly has the ability to see the future and today she is convinced by JBR that she can change the fate of MW by just placing her hand on that statue / calling the heavens or that sort of thing

I think the case for the death bell is , although he already destroyed it physically.. the fate is already decided by the deities in heaven ..so there’s no point to punish him again..as the punishment is imminent ( he or sj will be killed by each other) 

like I said last week,the appearance of ASN actually has woken up MW’s nature as a demon (i mean he has already been egoistical from  the start by creating JSm and OG as his slaves to get points) ...but, his  urgent and desperate desire to save Nachal plus “shortcut to save”temptation from ASN make him left the right path to become deity and save his wife in a right way. That’s one slice of lives which hong sister tried to convey...

no matter how long you have practiced good deeds if your nature is demon then you can easily be swayed . 

That actually is suitable with other demons

(like PK who can blame all things to JSM and wanted  her dead so that Buja can eat her and still alive is another example ,,

and the recent one in ep 13 is WG..although I can see that he owe something (related to him and his sister fairy ha) ) to ASN 1000 years ago which then made him stole that ritual pot. 

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Gonna bet that Kang Daesung is the King that betrayed and locked ASN back then and now it's his reincarnation...

Hmm nice plot twist

this drama is really good.  I just need to know when is the big mission coming.. obv it's from the bad big guy Kang Dae sung 

can ASN just posses/ seduce him? Don't touch uri samjang

if ASN seduced the guy in Sunmi body. oG will be burn with jealousy

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Hmm nice plot twist

this drama is really good.  I just need to know when is the big mission coming.. obv it's from the bad big guy Kang Dae sung 

can ASN just posses/ seduce him? Don't touch uri samjang

if ASN seduced the guy in Sunmi body. oG will be burn with jealousy

LOL, that way Kang Daesang won't live to see the Apocalypse comming.

That may be the good way to prevent Gates of Hell from opening.:tongue:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Right imagine SM with the red lipstick seducing and sitting on Kang dae sung lap.

i can't imagine what OG will do.... tsk tsk tsk...

*i'm currently on my practice but keep looking at my phone and posting on this thread. Hwayugi is poisonous indeed*

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Just now, haymochi said:

Right imagine SM with the red lipstick seducing and sitting on Kang dae sung lap.

i can't imagine what OG will do.... tsk tsk tsk...

Omo, sitting in Kang Daesung's lap? It's a death wish.

I think I can I hear the bell ringing.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

21 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I think last night  hwayugi decreased a lot. It went below 5 already *horror*

It's be/c of last week ;-; 

I hope it increases tonight...

I think the Winter Olympics are also happening right now, so that might have affected it as well .-.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

So it's true. MW's wife killed all the children to save their child. She killed children of other mothers to save her child. Very selfish and evil. Yeah, still no sympathy or pity for her or Mawang now. You don't get a pass on killing many children just to save one. Mawang has become so desperate and blind that he followed ASN's instructions to a T and almost had her take over SJ's body.

Thank you! That's what I'm saying. I didn't really care about his love story from the beginning but after finding out their backstory I'm just so speechless. You want me to feel sorry for her right now? How is what Nachal did any different from what the Bookseller was doing? So Bo Ri was right when he compared them. Though I think Nachal is worst and is getting the just punishment she deserves. 

My hate for Ma Wang is really increasing as the episodes progress for being so damn selfish and shamelessly using Sam Jang. He knows what it feels like to lose your love, so why is he doing that to Oh Gong? Does he really think OG was going to let him live if anything happens to SM because of him?

I'm going to need to see some serious character growth from Ma Wang if you want me to accept him becoming a deity. 

Edited by sadpluto
added comment
  • Like 8

*Update* Nationwide, Ep 13’s peak rating was 6%. 2049 target rating was 3.9% average, 5.2% peak. In Seoul, the peak rating was 5.7%.

18.02.10 Nielsen Cable Ratings

#1 Hwayugi 4.397% (nationwide), 4.365% (Seoul)

18.02.10 TNMS Cable Ratings

#2 Hwayugi 5.0% (nationwide)

Cr. tryp96

As expected the ratings drop . People in kr is probably just focusing on Olympics.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I agree 100% SOG and JSM's love is opposite of MW and his wife's. SOG is a bit selfish in love where he would rather watch the world burn but loose JSM but IMO she is already teaching him slowly how love should be selfless.

That is a good point. Maybe learning selfless love is the point of him working with SOG and JSM. Which makes me wonder now. Was heavens fooling him about the points? He is selfish and has no qualities of a deity. He is not even trying to hide it. Do only points matter in being a deity? Can ANYONE become a deity just by gathering the necessary points? Aren't the qualities necessary too? It makes no sense that only gathering points, that too with trickery through SOG and JSM, would make him a deity.

I was thinking that too. The points business is just a front for them to learn the necessary virtues (i.e. selflessness, giving, etc) to ascent to godhood. Otherwise, it would be ridiculous to think Ma Wang has been collecting points for a 1000 years and is still nowhere near done. 

Screenshot_96.png

Screenshot_97.png

That scene above made me think that both OG and MW probably reached their points quota several times, but were told they weren't done yet by So Bo Ri since they haven't learned the necessary virtues to ascend yet.

I always felt like MW using SJ and OG to gather points for him sort of felt like a kid bullying the smart kids to do his homework for him. It can work once or twice but in the long run, it would come back to bite you in the richard simmons. I think he was just wasting his time and didn't receive any point while he was using SJ and OG.:tongue:

• Like 14

At least bookseller took the suffering kids while thinking that they will be better off trap in a fairytale book where they will be happy all the time

This Nachalyeo eating kids and killing their mother to save her own child. Much. worse ... She deserves her punishment.Mawang needs to wake up

• Like 7

8 hours ago, haymochi said:

At least bookseller took the suffering kids while thinking that they will be better off trap in a fairytale book where they will be happy all the time

This Nachalyeo eating kids and killing their mother to save her own child. Much. worse ... She deserves her punishment.Mawang needs to wake up

Agree that killing others to save thy child is not a forgivable crime.

The issue with MW’s obsession to save her is because HE was the cause of it. If she had not met him, had not had his child (which I reckon), she will not become this way. Hence his desire to save her and willingness to take all her punishment onto himself.

Whether it was guilt or love or both, HE started it all and hence he should be taking the punishment and not NaChal. I can fully understand where MW is coming from and why the rest are not stopping him from “saving” NaChal.

Can any one give a more detailed translation to the dialogue btwn MW and 50 over his decision to save NaChal?

I sort of understand MW saying that he and NaChal are to reconcile but some “thug deity came along and took away the Iron Fan” or something along that line. 50 said he thought he could take his own sweet time to return but before he could he was trapped in the Five Elements Mountain for hundreds of years.

if any kind soul can give a one-on-one dialogue translation will be very much appreciated.

• Like 10